Medication To Uk

Have been hunting UK sites and cant find anything about what I need to know so will try this reliable source.

Am planning a visit to the UK (birth place) and am on a couple of different medication prescribed by Thai Dr.

I have been looking for info as to whether I am allowed to take a supply, for the time I would be there, of the meds I am on into the country.

Would be great if someone could point me in the right direction to get this info, thanks in advance.

Best to take at least a letter from doctor, although in 17 years never had problem that does not mean is ok, but I have always told the Doctor in UK what I am taking. From what he said as long as its not a banned substance and covered by doctors script its OK.

If you are not flying direct maybe worth checking out where you change flights. Dubai very strict.

Be particularly careful if changing flights in middle eastern countries. Possession of certain UK over the counter medicines such as codeine can get you into very big trouble.

If the medication has a proper label on and is in sufficient quantities for the individuals needs then it is rarely a problem. Large quantities of any one medication may raise eyebrows!

Edited by bobrussell

Thanks all.

Still haven't found anywhere I can ask about the particular med I have.

Have sent an E mail to the UK embassy and await a reply.

If I get a (good) answer will post in case anyone else ever needs to know.

If you are concerned or don't get a meaningful reply from the Embassy it might be worth a call to the number in the link I gave.

For further information please contact HM Customs and Excise Advice Centre, Tel: +44 (0)20 8929 0152.

Good advice about medication if you are passing through one of the Gulf States.

If you are concerned or don't get a meaningful reply from the Embassy it might be worth a call to the number in the link I gave.

For further information please contact HM Customs and Excise Advice Centre, Tel: +44 (0)20 8929 0152.

Good advice about medication if you are passing through one of the Gulf States.

I have several international numbers which I will use as a last resort but am wary of them as I have had a go at official numbers before and got:

If you want press........ and so on round and round for half an hour till finally given up in disgust.