Teen Girl Sexually Assaulted During Songkran

Lite Beer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hope the kids family take the miserable creatureout of this life,and very painfuly too

They will demand money, nothing else. Sad but true

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

Is that what you would do if your teenage daughter were to be raped by someone ..... Eh ?

Terrible ..

Hopefully he will be convicted and put in Prison, and see how he likes being ''Raped'' by fellow male inmates...coz i am sure thats what goes on...

You've obviously not been in one then, have you?

Have you??? The ones I know, admittedly not as an inmate (most of the time!) all have stories.

• Like 1

Yes blame the victim mentality, she should have known better rather than he should have known better and that it is not acceptable to assault a girl or a woman. Perhaps if this blame the victim mentality were not so prevalent then the idea that its alright to assault women wouldn't be so prevalent either.

If I were a man I would be offended by the notion that I was totally incapable of controlling myself because of my gender and yet, this seems to be the idea some men have.

Are you suggesting that women shouldn't be careful going off with men? Feminism aside, surely you realise that, physically, women are the weaker sex, not to mention the fact that men are driven partially by testosterone? At least I hope that's the case.

Obviously the girl was foolish to go off on her own with a sweet-talking bloke almost double her age and the events described here prove it. Obviously the events are inexcusable, but I'm afraid that doesn't factor into it... the girl shouldn't have gone home with a stranger. Or do you suggest otherwise?

• Like 1

Aside from the mental damage done to the girl I hope she hasn't contacted any diseases.

Also why must media reports go into so much detail eg how many times he climaxed. I don't see how that changes the overall nature of the story. No need for that sort of thing tbh

He climaxed 3 times, how did a 14 year old know? Then he hid at his house! He said: I have done this many times and girls don't report it. Words fail me even after years here, truly stupid.

Perhaps it was the guy who told the police that he climaxed 3 times and not the girl? You`re jumping to conclusions and could be giving the victim a bad reputation just on assumptions.

The fact is that this kid was raped, violently assaulted and suffered an horrific ordeal, maybe even fearing for her life. Plus this may not be over for her yet, there are the possibilities that the guy could have STDS or even HIV or aids.

A crime like this should impose a mandatory life sentence, with no, ifs, buts or maybes and denied any opportunity to buy himself out of this situation.

• Like 1

He climaxed 3 times, how did a 14 year old know?

Are you for real ?

Ah, my sarcasm was obviously to subtle for you.

I wish I were as good at being sarcastic as you. (that's sarcasm)

Edited by lemonjelly
  • Like 2

Maybe Thais and farangs look at rape differently....I have a daughter, and if this were to happen to her, things most assuredly would not go well for the rapist.. It would certainly be sad if he were allowed to pay a few baht to the family, be freed, and continuing raping other girls.I was just talking to a friend of mine in the gym who was telling me a story about his village back in Ireland. A local person in the village raped a 8 year old girl. And shortly thereafter, he was found dead with his appendage in his mouth..

This sounds like the same justice that is dished out back where I am from.

Young people are far too trusting these days, and one of my assumptions is, it start(ed) with Facebook... whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

As a consequence these younglings forget one simple rule which is "Never talk or trust to strangers."

Edited by MaxLee

It's sad when, in most places, a mid-teen girl has to learn to be afraid of any men who are older. The result is; men who are older than girls are treated with suspicion and sometimes disgust, just for being men who are older. It's endemic in the US, and that's a factor why so many men feel marginalized there. Yet, I understand why parents have to educate their daughters to distrust all males who are not familiar (to them) and who are more than a couple years older than the daughters. A sickening irony, or course, is rape most often happens by men who are familiar to the victims (uncles, step-fathers, family friends, etc). Similarly, rapes can be perpetrated by those of same-age. In a decent society, men would be trustworthy and helpful - towards both genders - of any age. Where are such a places? It a matter of degrees. No place is idyllic, but there are places where people are generally a lot more decent than other places.

EyesWideOpen said:

Maybe Thais and farangs look at rape differently....I have a daughter, and if this were to happen to her, things most assuredly would not go well for the rapist.. It would certainly be sad if he were allowed to pay a few baht to the family, be freed, and continuing raping other girls.

I was just talking to a friend of mine in the gym who was telling me a story about his village back in Ireland. A local person in the village raped a 8 year old girl. And shortly thereafter, he was found dead with his appendage in his mouth..

Cardholder said:

..... and they call Thailand a third world country.

---

Gotta say, if it was my daughter, I would consider not reporting it to the authorities and dealing with it personally - principally for my daughter's benefit, then for my own, then for the community.

Add to that, some countries' law enforcement is stronger than others - and Thailand doesn't have the best reputation in the world in this regard, particularly with the apathy shown by some parts of the civil service and the unwillingness to to apply the Law to those who they think are "OK".

I believe there are some cases, ie when the law doesn't punish them enough, where you should take the law into your'e own hands, But you have to be 100% sure that the person is guilty whatever the crime is.

EyesWideOpen said:

Maybe Thais and farangs look at rape differently....I have a daughter, and if this were to happen to her, things most assuredly would not go well for the rapist.. It would certainly be sad if he were allowed to pay a few baht to the family, be freed, and continuing raping other girls.

I was just talking to a friend of mine in the gym who was telling me a story about his village back in Ireland. A local person in the village raped a 8 year old girl. And shortly thereafter, he was found dead with his appendage in his mouth..

Cardholder said:

---

Gotta say, if it was my daughter, I would consider not reporting it to the authorities and dealing with it personally - principally for my daughter's benefit, then for my own, then for the community.

Add to that, some countries' law enforcement is stronger than others - and Thailand doesn't have the best reputation in the world in this regard, particularly with the apathy shown by some parts of the civil service and the unwillingness to to apply the Law to those who they think are "OK".

I believe there are some cases, ie when the law doesn't punish them enough, where you should take the law into your'e own hands, But you have to be 100% sure that the person is guilty whatever the crime is.

And how are you supposed to be 100% sure? Everyday people are talked into admitting things they did not do. And there are some victims who truly believe it was that particular person who committed the crime but later it turns out they were 100% wrong.

EyesWideOpen said:

Cardholder said:

---

And how are you supposed to be 100% sure? Everyday people are talked into admitting things they did not do. And there are some victims who truly believe it was that particular person who committed the crime but later it turns out they were 100% wrong.

You are 100% sure if you personally saw the crime being commtted. ie someone physically attacks you, and you can't retaliate at the time because he has friends with him. What is not 100% certain is if you act on someone elses say so, even if it is a member of your'e own family.

Terrible ..

Hopefully he will be convicted and put in Prison, and see how he likes being ''Raped'' by fellow male inmates...coz i am sure thats what goes on...

You've obviously not been in one then, have you?

No, never been in Prison, but i am sure it must go on...but please enlighten me if you have..

• Like 1

Yes blame the victim mentality, she should have known better rather than he should have known better and that it is not acceptable to assault a girl or a woman. Perhaps if this blame the victim mentality were not so prevalent then the idea that its alright to assault women wouldn't be so prevalent either.

If I were a man I would be offended by the notion that I was totally incapable of controlling myself because of my gender and yet, this seems to be the idea some men have.

Are you suggesting that women shouldn't be careful going off with men? Feminism aside, surely you realise that, physically, women are the weaker sex, not to mention the fact that men are driven partially by testosterone? At least I hope that's the case.

Obviously the girl was foolish to go off on her own with a sweet-talking bloke almost double her age and the events described here prove it. Obviously the events are inexcusable, but I'm afraid that doesn't factor into it... the girl shouldn't have gone home with a stranger. Or do you suggest otherwise?

OBVIOUSLY you don't know jack-xxxx about Thailand. They do this all the time. Thais are brainwashed to respect their elders, so the girl most probably thought she'd be safe with the guy.

"Foolish" is debatable. You'd have to imply that the girl had a couple ounces of common-sense to be foolish -- that she was informed of the risks. I think "naive" is a better term, as most Thais are really just naive -- they really just don't know xxxx. That's a result of Thailand's control system aka "education" system.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity
  • Like 2

Just hope the kids family take the miserable creatureout of this life,and very painfuly too

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

Is that what you would do if your teenage daughter were to be raped by someone ..... Eh ?

I f you want my response????

I would tortue the rapist until he screams to die

OBVIOUSLY you don't know jack-xxxx about Thailand. They do this all the time. Thais are brainwashed to respect their elders, so the girl most probably thought she'd be safe with the guy.

"Foolish" is debatable. You'd have to imply that the girl had a couple ounces of common-sense to be foolish -- that she was informed of the risks. I think "naive" is a better term, as most Thais are really just naive -- they really just don't know xxxx. That's a result of Thailand's control system aka "education" system.

Most young Thai women I know are well aware of the dangers of going off alone with male strangers... do they also not know jack-xxxx about Thailand?

I would agree with the use of the word "naive", but I would still describe her decision to go off with a sweet-talking 20-something guy as "foolish".

He climaxed 3 times, how did a 14 year old know?

Are you for real ?

apart from what happened, or believed happened, there will be a million women out there who wouldn't kick him out of bed. sorry for the girl if it was true, at 14 years she should be wary of riding off with a 25 year old guy,alone. If the guy has done this loads of times, it is a game to him.

So that makes it alright then does it? That's what you seem to be saying.

Certainly NOT alright, I merely said what HE thinks, as he couldn't care a fig about the girl. This is very common here locally especially, depends what family he is from, pay some money hey presto does it again. Until the bib slap a hefty jail sentence on him, it will be a game to him---Do you get my drift now ??

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

Who said that I would demand money? I've no idea what I would do, fortunately I've never been in this situation. Living in the sticks it's is fact of village life that families demand money for a girl whether she was raped or agreed to the abuse. As I said, sad but true

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

This sort of thing is very likely the tip of an iceberg of a long list of similarly sordid events. All over the world, there is a strong resistance to reporting such things. Date rape is endemic nearly everywhere.

Why is a 14 year old going on a date with a 25 year old?