Swimming Suit Problems Anyone?

Angeledge777

I have run into this and it is not about modesty. Public pools often insist that men wear the tight little speedo trunks. For some reason they have decided that this is the proper suit. For the sake of the public I have declined to ever wear such a suit; and simply went to pools that did not care.

The speedo look is mocked where I come from.

Ever heard of 'when in Rome....'?

its dirty, just because your in a country it does not mean you have to adopt their dirty habits.

no different then wearing someone elses underwhere, when in Rome is a BS saying, if i'm in the middle east should i join in on a public stoning and chant oh well when in rome.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its dirty, just because your in a country it does not mean you have to adopt their dirty habits.

no different then wearing someone elses underwhere, when in Rome is a BS saying, if i'm in the middle east should i join in on a public stoning and chant oh well when in rome.

-

He wasn't talking about the rental side, but the disparaging comment about tight-fitting swimsuits in general.

I personally think they look ridiculous too and such requests should just be ignored.

You get that in UK too, some pools in London give you a hard time if you wear something that resemble shorts. You have to get the Speedo genital hugging type or nothing

Even if it's a real swimming suit with inside net.

I think it makes their job harder to refuse when some blokes turns up in actual shorts, he can always turn around and say that other guy wears short too.

Having said that, swimwear's style here is very Mao tse tung 1950's period which make anyone looks dorky and farangs all the more smile.png

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

I had this problem at a water park in Udon, was told to get out because of my shorts....told them to get lost as Id paid over 1.5k on entry fee and suit and inflatable hire for my kidstongue.png

they then said they wanted to charge me 100 baht to wear my own costume,cheesy.gif I laughed and carried on splashing around in their pool amused at the cheek said 100 baht was fine........ later my pool attendant brought me my food and drink bill for the family, I asked where was the 100 baht fine for wearing my own short... he smiled and said no chargewai2.gif

I have run into this and it is not about modesty. Public pools often insist that men wear the tight little speedo trunks. For some reason they have decided that this is the proper suit. For the sake of the public I have declined to ever wear such a suit; and simply went to pools that did not care.

Not all Romans should be seen in public with man panties on.

apart from the dress code, how was the waterpark & zoo?

The Zoo is ok. Not many animals but we are living in quite a small market. For the water park, I should admit it is a great place to be for the kids and even us the parents if we remove the fact that they harrass us to wear their second hand speedos...

I will probably try one more time with my boardshorts if They accept and if they harrass me again, will go to another swimming pool. I guess I have to do that for my kids as they really had a good time over there

let us know how you get on cos i'd take my kids up for the day too - but NOT if i am made to wear gross second-hand speedo swimming pants!

Going there Sunday afternoon. Up to it?

It is also forbidden at public pools in my homecountry because dirty people swim with dirty shorts instead of having real swimming suits as yours.

It could be the reason here also ?

I haven't made a case at the start because it can be possible that they mistaken my swimming suit to a regular pair of shorts but even after showing them the white net, they kept saying that I had to change my swimming suit. As I could read here, it seems like it is common for many foreigners and all around the world that these things happens. It is quite strange...

How can we know if our swimming suit is allowed or not?

The Zoo is ok. Not many animals but we are living in quite a small market. For the water park, I should admit it is a great place to be for the kids and even us the parents if we remove the fact that they harrass us to wear their second hand speedos...

I will probably try one more time with my boardshorts if They accept and if they harrass me again, will go to another swimming pool. I guess I have to do that for my kids as they really had a good time over there

let us know how you get on cos i'd take my kids up for the day too - but NOT if i am made to wear gross second-hand speedo swimming pants!

i'm offshore working till end of the month mate - next month perhaps :)

would non aussies know this

If they take the trouble to step back and exercise their imaginations, I don't see why not. Hmmmm.... bathing suit = small piece of clingy cloth; smuggle = to conceal; budgie = small bird... concealing a small bird in clingy cloth... oh! hahahahahaha!!! very clever.

Some people, when they come up against a new metaphor hit a brick wall "Huh? I don't get it..." Me, I make the effort.

yes, this is the reason.

they don't want people to wear swimsuits which could also be worn as normal streetwear, to avoid that various bum types wear those all day long and then come swim with their smelly shorts.

It is also forbidden at public pools in my homecountry because dirty people swim with dirty shorts instead of having real swimming suits as yours.

i'm offshore working till end of the month mate - next month perhaps :)

All right! Let me know when you are up to it. Will send you my phone in private :)

yes, this is the reason.

they don't want people to wear swimsuits which could also be worn as normal streetwear, to avoid that various bum types wear those all day long and then come swim with their smelly shorts.

That make sense if it is really their intention.

You're not alone in having to deal with this ridiculous attitude. I was wearing trunks with white netting and sold as "a swimming suit," but I was asked to leave the pool where I lived in Pinklao. Of course, I balked. I looked around me and yes, the Thais were not wearing trunks, but little tight shorts. I said, "Listen. My trunks are fine." He wouldn't budge from this stupid rule, and wouldn't let me even finish my swim. I was kicked out and gave him some choice Thai and English he could definitely understand. I bought some 300 baht nut-huggers and swam to my heart's content from then on out, making sure I found small ways of making the Nazi life-guard lose a little face with each successive swim. I was told my new suit was "international style." Says who?whistling.gif

I was swimming at a hotel pool in Pattaya with board shorts and a rashie shirt. An attendant came over and told me that I could not wear a shirt in the pool.

I told him that it was a proper swimming shirt and I was not going to get any more skin cancers because of stupid rules, and kept swimming.

As an aside, there were girls at the other end of the pool wearing street t-shirts in the water.

hi had the same problem at a small pool in sattahip on an estate . the women owner of the pool said my linned swim shorts where not classed as swim wear but the lable says they are. but would not let me in,he said they had to made of lycra!!! i had to go home and change into my girlfriend bottoms

good job i only have a small package.

just had to keep a low profile in the pool.

please dont ask for a photo,

• Like 1

Where was it?
Western Canada

Sounds like we need to get used to speedos then...

Indeed you do. Kindly remember to where light colours, dark colours restrict the level of detail of body parts covered by them.

Give the girls a treat - wear white!