Swimming Suit Problems Anyone?

Angeledge777

Yes, at low-end public pools it's been pointed out to me that the baggy style of shorts are for the street not for swimming.

I just pretend I have no idea what they're talking about and smile like an idiot and eventually they give up.

I think from a hygiene POV they just don't want you going in the pool in clothing you wear out and about. . .

From a hygiene POV just think about the gallons or urine and dead insects inhabiting most public pools!! Hygiene my left footcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speedos are pretty much universally mocked, and rightly so. They are ridiculous, and I say that without the slightest hesitation. The only meaningful thing I can even think they can do is provide the women better visual clues as to the size of the wearer's goods. Most of us however, are not interested in this, and rightly so, as pointed out.

Edited by isawasnake

Speedos are pretty much universally mocked, and rightly so. They are ridiculous, and I say that without the slightest hesitation. The only meaningful thing I can even think they can do is provide the women better visual clues as to the size of the wearer's goods. Most of us however, are not interested in this, and rightly so, as pointed out.

and i say without the slightest hesitation that you possess a wealth of no idea what is universally mocked or not.

laugh.png

• Like 1

I'm from the U.S and speedos are mocked there too. Only a homosexual would consider wearing one!

i am from Europe where people choke with roaring laughter when they see a male wearing below knee-length swimming trunk burqas to counterbalance the "US" ladies' bikinis which barely cover the clefts in front and back.

laugh.png

The difference being that burkhas are imposed upon people, and board shorts are a personal choice. I have seen the old German men proudly displaying their Wellensittich Schmugglers for all to see. And I think to myself, "I am glad I am not that guy".

the burqas (aka "board shorts") are not a personal choice but are worn because of peer pressure "what will others think of me?" personally i find "speedos" and "board burqa shorts" equally ridiculous.

come to think of something... why don't ladies wear board shorts? and why are the ridiculous burqa shorts called board shorts if they are not worn on a board?

I don't think the issue is the length of the leg (briefs = 0, some shorts = too long)

but the tightness and sheer quality of the material clearly outlining every wrinkle of your nutsack being ridiculous.

Any lower garment worn by men should allow you to get a full-fledged boner without anyone knowing as long as you quickly sit down. . .

I rather like speedos but maybe as I have an athletic body. I used to swim for my country.

Speedos are not mocked in most countries, its only the fat countries that mock them. Very popular in China, India and other skinny countries.

• Like 1

I'm from the U.S and speedos are mocked there too. Only a homosexual would consider wearing one!

i am from Europe where people choke with roaring laughter when they see a male wearing below knee-length swimming trunk burqas to counterbalance the "US" ladies' bikinis which barely cover the clefts in front and back.

laugh.png

The difference being that burkhas are imposed upon people, and board shorts are a personal choice. I have seen the old German men proudly displaying their Wellensittich Schmugglers for all to see. And I think to myself, "I am glad I am not that guy".

the burqas (aka "board shorts") are not a personal choice but are worn because of peer pressure "what will others think of me?" personally i find "speedos" and "board burqa shorts" equally ridiculous.

come to think of something... why don't ladies wear board shorts? and why are the ridiculous burqa shorts called board shorts if they are not worn on a board?

Naam don't tell me you prefer a T-bar

sorry, I know you are not thai. I am deeply rooted in their culture, and that swimming suit actually offends 11 gods.

you are lucky they didn't charge you 500k baht per each god affected.

what I do is....go ahead of time, take pictures, interview staff, research online, call gov't officials, and then buy the suit.

you have learned a great lesson and got culture you can share with others!!!

sorry, I know you are not thai. I am deeply rooted in their culture, and that swimming suit actually offends 11 gods.

you are lucky they didn't charge you 500k baht per each god affected.

what I do is....go ahead of time, take pictures, interview staff, research online, call gov't officials, and then buy the suit.

you have learned a great lesson and got culture you can share with others!!!

-

I'm actually curious to know what any of this means if anyone can translate.

Do you agree that these rules make no sense from an evidence-based reality POV or are you actually expressing a preference for one style over the other, budgie-smugglers vs the looser style?

What "gods"?

Are you being serious about the interviews etc or is that sarcasm?

No idea at all of the point you're trying to make.

• 1 month later...

They have made rules according to their convenience. They must have some reasons behind these rules. These are the ridiculous attitude though which is not only faced by you but many people. But what i don't understand what's the problem in using the swimsuits that are permitted by them.

Edited by stacyplace