Swimming Suit Problems Anyone?

Angeledge777

Wot is so different about your genital ? Are they pristine and virgin ?? So many genitals are soaking in the swimming pool.

Have you forgotton that ???

Would you wear second hand underwears? After all, so many genitals floated in the air, have you forgotten that???

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I can see (from the Thais' point of view) is if the OP's trunks were as white (and thin) as the ones in the photo he posted...there could have potentially been "things showing through," and in that case I could understand the protests from the Thai staff. Try black instead of white.

Went to the Dusit Thani in Hua Hin once for a work conference 4/5 star, and afterwards families joined. I was told that I shouldn't be swimming in the pool because my T-Shirt was the wrong colour - had to be white or something.

I had swimming shorts on and was wearing a T-Shirt in the pool so I didn't burn. Couldn't see any rules to that effect even after reading them several times. I put it down to the staff member having a chip on his shoulder about something. I was enjoying myself with the kids in the pool, and the Mrs nearby in the shade.

Haven't been back there :)

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see the style of suit they wanted you to wear. The photo that you posted looks modest and proper to me.

That is what they want us to wear

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360075430/speedo-powerturn-placement-panel-jammer-8-045128629-multi.jpg?w=1000&h=1000&a=7

Then I would have to tuck my unit between my legs like a ladyboy so that I didn't have a large bulge in the front, that would emasculate the Thai men!! Wait what am I talking about, they are were born emasculated, or gay or a ladyboy.

Anyway my Thai wife would never let me out of the house in one of those swim suits, it board shorts for me.

I have run into this and it is not about modesty. Public pools often insist that men wear the tight little speedo trunks. For some reason they have decided that this is the proper suit. For the sake of the public I have declined to ever wear such a suit; and simply went to pools that did not care.

The speedo look is mocked where I come from.

I agree. The tshirts and shorts at the beach = modesty.

But at pools thais seem to love the speedos lol.

6pm at my condo = hoard of speedo wearing thai men swimming a few laps.

It is called uniform syndrome.

Give someone a bit of authority and they turn all Gestapo on you. :D

I am not sure what Californian style swimming gear is, but if it is anything like budgie smugglers I would say he had a point.

• Like 1

I agree on both counts, and find it hard to imagine a Thai willing to call the police or use physical violence over this kind of issue, but I'd like to observe it if it did happen.

Of course if you have Thais in your party with authority over you that's another story, and another scene I'd love to witness, sweet teerak turns dragon lady to save face at the community pool. laugh.png

Maybe next time you go, create a public ceremony, march up to the facility's owner and present your freshly purchased board shorts in a heat-sealed plastic pack with a certificate from a Thai board-certified epidemiologist that these don't pose any threat to public safety and promise to take a thorough shower before changing.

But that still wouldn't help if they honestly think this is the problem: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/633463-swimming-suit-problems-anyone/?p=6314848

In Europe,you can swim with a short...only in the sea or a lake or a river!

To swim in a swimming pool,you have to wear an appropriate swimming suit (for hygienic reasons)!

... even if you've just pee'd in them (while the 'wrongdoers' are all wearing brand new board-shorts)

In Europe,you can swim with a short...only in the sea or a lake or a river!

To swim in a swimming pool,you have to wear an appropriate swimming suit (for hygienic reasons)!

-

If I understand you, you're saying some European countries are just as idiotic as the Thai pools we're talking about here?

Just for clarity let's use these terms, from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimsuit#Men.27s_swimsuits

"briefs" for what many are calling speedo-style, since that brand also makes other types

"trunks" for what many are calling shorts, including board shorts or whatever, other styles not quite so tight fitting

I personally think briefs and other tight styles look completely ridiculous and would much rather stay out of the water than wear them.

I do honestly think maybe my bug theory is the rationale?

Edited by FunFon

Found these with a bit of googling, looks like nanoth is right, leave it to the frogs:

Quite a few French pools insist on budgie smugglers, swim shorts are banned!

-

A number of places in Europe have rules like this for two reasons:
1. Hygienic reasons: They don´t want people to get into the pool with swimgear that they might have worn not only to go swimming but walked around in it all day all over the place.

2. Water saving: There has been proof that those baggy like swim trunks carry loads of water when leaving the pool vs. something like a speedo or other tight swimwear. With the number of swimmers this adds up to a considerable amount of water wasted this way.

-

And this:

The pool near us in Italy also requires guys to wear swim caps.

==========

Apparently this is such a controversy in truly international settings, the major cruise lines haven't been able to implement sensible regulations that don't alienate huge groups of their customers.

I suppose this is less of an issue at low-end community pools around Thailand. sad.png

And a couple of funny Yank-specific counterexamples:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Tight+swim+trunks+ban+at+waterpark%3B+POOL%3A+Alton+Towers+outlaws...-a0205564432

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8710478/New-York-lifeguard-sues-over-skimy-swimwear.html

Me and the wife were rudely asked to leave a city pool this past June by a haughty Frenchman who spoke terrible English and who's foul breath reminded me of goat cheese and sardines soufflé gone bad.

It was an ugly and totally uncalled for international incident. We had spent a great deal of time assembling our picnic supplies and elbowing our way into a shady spot. A few minutes before we had neatly spread out a sheet from the hotel (what's a few more stains?) and strategically arrayed our usual lounging essentials: 10 foot retractable flagpole with oversized American flag, battery-operated fan with red, white and blue blades, giant-sized Mickey and Minnie Mouse fly swatters, trunk-sized boom box with our favorite tape "Toe Tapping Tunes to Shell Peas and Husk Corn By," toenail clippers, mud mask warmer, foot itch spray, Dolly Parton back scratchier, and economy-sized toilet paper roll.

I was wearing my best cut-off blue jeans and the wife had on a very fancy Wal-Mart swimsuit (pink with yellow and white daisies) designed to enhance her generous rear-end and flabby pale white "cottage cheese" legs.

We quickly lathered up with some old family recipe suntan oil (Iodine and Crisco), took a few bites from our MacDonald's hamburgers, cranked up the boom box and started doing a few belly-flops to get in the mood for some serious laughs.

Then the trouble started just as it often does. A gaggle of rail-thin French women started with the excited whispering and finger pointing. You know how those sex-starved foreign babes can get when they first see a husky man with a good farmer's tan and a few knife-fight scars on a hairy back.

Then all the sissy men in those obscene shorts started to gawk at the wife like they never seen a full-figured woman bounce on the end of a diving board and let out a few rebel yells.

They pranced around a bit trying to impress me with their little tiny "packages', but I gave them more than they bargained and showed them what a real man has in his ragged jeans!

Next thing you know a snotty little pool manager shows up with a real bad "attitude" problem and asks us to leave. We eventually did, but not before relieving ourselves in the pool.

We still chuckle at how we taught those arrogant, garlic-eating poodle-walkers not to mess with Americans.

I have run into this and it is not about modesty. Public pools often insist that men wear the tight little speedo trunks. For some reason they have decided that this is the proper suit. For the sake of the public I have declined to ever wear such a suit; and simply went to pools that did not care.

speedos look ridiculous but "the look where you come from" is utmost ridiculous. reminds me of a burqa for males.

You're not alone in having to deal with this ridiculous attitude. I was wearing trunks with white netting and sold as "a swimming suit," but I was asked to leave the pool where I lived in Pinklao. Of course, I balked. I looked around me and yes, the Thais were not wearing trunks, but little tight shorts. I said, "Listen. My trunks are fine." He wouldn't budge from this stupid rule, and wouldn't let me even finish my swim. I was kicked out and gave him some choice Thai and English he could definitely understand. I bought some 300 baht nut-huggers and swam to my heart's content from then on out, making sure I found small ways of making the Nazi life-guard lose a little face with each successive swim. I was told my new suit was "international style." Says who?whistling.gif

on "who lost face" i [not so] humbly beg to differ whistling.gif

Ever heard of 'when in Rome....'?

its dirty, just because your in a country it does not mean you have to adopt their dirty habits.

no different then wearing someone elses underwhere, when in Rome is a BS saying, if i'm in the middle east should i join in on a public stoning and chant oh well when in rome.

hmmm... asking for appropriate attire is a dirty habit?

You are supposed to wear a suit that completely covers your upper body and shoulders, and the bottom half. should have shorts.

Most Thai ladies just wear a t-shirt and shorts over their normal underwear for a swimming costume.

Are you saying that under their underwear they are naked?! Gosh!

tongue.png This must go against a standard note around any public pool: Must shower before entering Yak!w00t.gif

Where was it?

Western Canada

I'm from the U.S and speedos are mocked there too.

Only a homosexual would consider wearing one!

I gag when I see pot bellied, over weight euro farangs wearing ball hugging spedos on public beaches in Thailand

. They look gay on a young guy with a good body.

Why show us your little twig and berries fat old euro man?cheesy.gif

Same same at the public pools to swim in my area.

A little off topic, but pools here have double pricing. Farangs pay more!

Can't understand why a man with short hair, or even bald is required to wear a bathing cap on his head!

The bathing caps are Thai sized and actually start to hurt my head after a while.

What bothers me most is the swim suits they rent to women.

They all have a little skirt on them and cover the most attractive feature of most Thai girls, there beautiful bottoms!

I'm tempted to build a public pool myself.

I would have "double pricing", Farangs would be half price or even free. tongue.png

I would have two styles of suite for men and women.

For men, Thai speedos or more modest "board shorts" or trunks.

For women the standard Thai skirted suit , or Bikinis...the bikinis would be rent free.thumbsup.gif

White T shirts with panties would be acceptable if they wish to provide their own "suite"!

post-147745-0-01809300-1366342315_thumb.

This is not California you idiot !!! I have seen many people from other countries act very rude toward Thai's. I am from California and have witnessed this on tours. Many tourists (all countries) come to Thailand claiming rights their own country offer and feel they have the same rights in Thailand. NOT TRUE!!! Enjoy your vacation in Thailand it is a beautiful country and inexpensive. You may pay more than some others at times but $5.00 us in nothing compared to the states. Leave a tip for the room service you do this in America. Do not destroy your families vacation because of this minor incident. Also, give a tip and don't count you change, you will have a great time with lots to do and see and YOUR FAMILY WILL LEARN AND ENJOY!!!...

I'm from the U.S and speedos are mocked there too. Only a homosexual would consider wearing one!

i am from Europe where people choke with roaring laughter when they see a male wearing below knee-length swimming trunk burqas to counterbalance the "US" ladies' bikinis which barely cover the clefts in front and back.

laugh.png

This is not California you idiot !!! I have seen many people from other countries act very rude toward Thai's. I am from California and have witnessed this on tours. Many tourists (all countries) come to Thailand claiming rights their own country offer and feel they have the same rights in Thailand. NOT TRUE!!! Enjoy your vacation in Thailand it is a beautiful country and inexpensive. You may pay more than some others at times but $5.00 us in nothing compared to the states. Leave a tip for the room service you do this in America. Do not destroy your families vacation because of this minor incident. Also, give a tip and don't count you change, you will have a great time with lots to do and see and YOUR FAMILY WILL LEARN AND ENJOY!!!...

You must be in the wrong thread. Unless you are suggesting that in Thailand you must do like they do, except you must tip like an American. Thai's are very resistant to tipping by the way.

I'm from the U.S and speedos are mocked there too. Only a homosexual would consider wearing one!

i am from Europe where people choke with roaring laughter when they see a male wearing below knee-length swimming trunk burqas to counterbalance the "US" ladies' bikinis which barely cover the clefts in front and back.

laugh.png

The difference being that burkhas are imposed upon people, and board shorts are a personal choice. I have seen the old German men proudly displaying their Wellensittich Schmugglers for all to see. And I think to myself, "I am glad I am not that guy".

laugh.png

The difference being that burkhas are imposed upon people, and board shorts are a personal choice. I have seen the old German men proudly displaying their Wellensittich Schmugglers for all to see. And I think to myself, "I am glad I am not that guy".

Do they not mostly turn up in the buff?

Ever heard of 'when in Rome....'?

its dirty, just because your in a country it does not mean you have to adopt their dirty habits.

no different then wearing someone elses underwhere, when in Rome is a BS saying, if i'm in the middle east should i join in on a public stoning and chant oh well when in rome.

hmmm... asking for appropriate attire is a dirty habit?

it is when a thousand other men have worn it, thought i would not have to point that out.

• Like 1