I Can Pour My Own Beer Thank You.

GuestHouse

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to teach a Thai how to pour a Guinness. Come to that very few people know how to pour a beer these days, sigh. I have been known to go behind the bar and show them, they don't want to know, I think some would shake a bottle of Champagne before opening if you didn't stand pn their foot beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

Absolutely. I too like to pour my own beer at leisure and find it highly irritating when they keep topping it up after every few sips. I try to keep the glass on the far end of the table but they sneak in from the back. And if there is a bucket of ice for a companion drinking water or coke, they will put it into your cold beer too.

• Like 2

Stop drinking in clip joints, problem solved.

I find Thai places the worst for this. Perhaps because in Western bars I drink pints, and in gogo bars I drink out of the bottle...

I quite enjoy pouring my own beer; I find it soothing. I also prefer to put in exactly as much ice as I wish, so unless the barstaff are confirmed telepaths, I'd rather do it myself.

I suppose it's a bit like wanking; I can do it for myself perfectly adequately, and while It might be nice to have someone else do it for you, surely there's better things that they could be doing...

SC

EDIT: And while we're having an ill-natured grizzle about barstaff, I get frustrated when they are so focussed on their job that they forget to take any notice of their customers... and wheeching away your glass when there's still a mouthful of warm beer in the bottom of it.

and wheeching away your glass when there's still a mouthful of warm beer in the bottom of it.

If you frequented the clip joints the OP uses you wouldnt have that problem, the glass would have been refilled with ice, without so much as a bye your leave.

Stop drinking in clip joints, problem solved.

I find Thai places the worst for this. Perhaps because in Western bars I drink pints, and in gogo bars I drink out of the bottle...

I quite enjoy pouring my own beer; I find it soothing. I also prefer to put in exactly as much ice as I wish, so unless the barstaff are confirmed telepaths, I'd rather do it myself.

I suppose it's a bit like wanking; I can do it for myself perfectly adequately, and while It might be nice to have someone else do it for you, surely there's better things that they could be doing...

SC

EDIT: And while we're having an ill-natured grizzle about barstaff, I get frustrated when they are so focussed on their job that they forget to take any notice of their customers... and wheeching away your glass when there's still a mouthful of warm beer in the bottom of it.

and wheeching away your glass when there's still a mouthful of warm beer in the bottom of it.

If you frequented the clip joints the OP uses you wouldnt have that problem, the glass would have been refilled with ice, without so much as a bye your leave.

Sure, but they'd replace the bottle when they'd not squeezed the last of the fumes out of it; without allowing it to stand for a few minutes inverted in the glass for a few minutes to properly drain.

I should post that in the "frugal living" thread, so I should.

SC

• Like 1

If you frequented the clip joints the OP uses you wouldnt have that problem,

rgs has no idea where I drink the above statement is based upon his own baseless assumptions.... Doh!

Ok please put us out of our misery, where did this take place?

So what 6 people go to a bar, 36 bottles are consumed, each person pays for 6 bottles, whats the problem.

Where in farangland can I get a personal servant to add ice and beer?

Usually where I drink its based on eye movement, never mind yet another thinly veiled anti Thai rant, good old GH so predicatable.

• Like 2

Even worse than topping up too frequently is when they park your beer on a trolley out of reach, pour the first glass, then forget about you.

And, if you get up and bring the bottle back to your table the waitress looks at you as if you're stealing it.

god that sh!ts me..