Abhisit Slams Thai Government On Amnesty Move

webfact

I think you are onto something with that statement, zz certainly is trying to deny it and he acts and speaks just as stupidly as thaksin does. Anyone that cannot fathom what everyone else is saying and struggles to make any valid points of view has major problems, sounds like thaksin to me, as they say, stupid is as stupid does.

"You cannot give Amnesty where a crime has been committed and don't tell me there hasn't been any committed , i think you are actually Thaksin in disguise Zhou Zhou."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My excuses for a short break, the wife called me for supper. Having returned I see nothing has improved changed. Still bickering about parliamentary rules for the Democrats in general and Abhisit in particular. All in good spirit, all without strict allotted time pushed through by the Chief Whip of the leading political party who also represents the government in this. All agree, reluctantly, as no agreement would mean no or even less time.

Anyway, back to slamming the government.

No arguments? Do I really need to search and present them here? It's a bit more than just countering Pheu Thai's "believe us, it's good for the people".

BTW the silly salutes were a response to a Speaker of the House who suddenly went death after switching of a microphone of an opposition speaker. Now that's asking for problems.

it was just before songkran. noise and walking out. substance - zero.

every speaker has his allocated speak time in parliament. they know beforehand how many time to got and can not talk endless . that is a totally normal procedure.

Do not understad this response??????

Abhisit Vejjajiva, leader of the Democrat Party, was referring to a decision by the Lower House on Thursday to designate the bill a top priority for debate when Parliament reconvenes in August.

Abhisit threatens and attacks Parliamentarian democracy, again.

"ZhouZhou" - what's the weather like in Dubai today?

Abhisit Vejjajiva, leader of the Democrat Party, was referring to a decision by the Lower House on Thursday to designate the bill a top priority for debate when Parliament reconvenes in August.

"ZhouZhou" - what's the weather like in Dubai today?

probably hot and sunny. why you ask?

Thailand Live Saturday 20th of April, item #30:

"500 Red-shirts in Si Sa Ket tried to block Democrat Party leader Abhisit from reaching Rajabhat Si Sa Ket Uni to deliver a speech/The Nation"

A similar event as a month or so ago. Did this time also someone tell all gathered at the Uni that the speech was cancelled and they should leave ?

Consequence of making unpopular decisions, antagonising and polarising a part of your electorate has consequences

Was that a quote from Mein Kampf or the Thoughts of Mao? Or did you make it up yourself?

Shows the view some have on democracy - "free speech as long as it's what I want to say". Or will bring our thugs out.

Can Thai newspapers find a new verb instead of "slam". I feel like I'm reading a sixth grade current events essay every week.

Watch the IN Channel morning news show at 07.00 as the female anchors, both Western educated, are in love withe the phrase "...has come out to say " and everything is " basically "

Get ready for yellow shirts to come out, just to name a few things to come

Democracy and free speech is alive and well in Thailand as The Post has reported that on the evening of Sat 20 April Red Shirts disrupted a speech being given by Abhisit at a university in Si Sa Ket and forced him out of the building. As usual it's their way and not at all so I doubt there will be any condemnation from the government or anyone involved with PTP

Democracy and free speech is alive and well in Thailand as The Post has reported that on the evening of Sat 20 April Red Shirts disrupted a speech being given by Abhisit at a university in Si Sa Ket and forced him out of the building. As usual it's their way and not at all so I doubt there will be any condemnation from the government or anyone involved with PTP

I guess he could always use skype

• Like 1

Total and absolut failure of democracy if Thaksin was allowed to return without the need to face his prison sentence or various charges awaiting his return. Let's complain again about lack of rule of law, double standards, 'fight for democracy', a fugitive criminal who even declares not to be involved in politics, not to know red shirts and not to have anything to do with the 2010 riots which really started when a court confiscated 47 billion Baht and 'only return 27 or so.

A government positioning itself as defender of the poor? A government spending billions telling the poor it will trickle down after the rich spent it? A bit of slamming in parliament seems a very soft stance, but just what opposition leaders are supposed to do.

coups, military or judicial ones are failure of democracy.

winning elections after election are not failure of democracy.

didn't you read that paper you recently linked here in the forum? it was pretty good and explained the balance or the lack of proper balance between the parliament and the judicature and the military.

...sorry I think I misread that...did you say "buying election after election..." and something in the same sentence about "democracy"?

You cannot give Amnesty where a crime has been committed and don't tell me there hasn't been any committed , i think you are actually Thaksin in disguise Zhou Zhou.

no. i am not Thaksin. what you think is wrong.

Sorry your definition of democracy is the same as Thaskins, Thailand has no democracy as such, would you like to debate that Zhou Zhou.

A Member, on 21 Apr 2013 - 02:14, said:snapback.png

lemoncake, on 20 Apr 2013 - 13:03, said:snapback.png

I guess he could always use Skype

He's not that much of a coward Geo.

• Like 1

Why was this so quiet in the press?

I think you are onto something with that statement, zz certainly is trying to deny it and he acts and speaks just as stupidly as thaksin does. Anyone that cannot fathom what everyone else is saying and struggles to make any valid points of view has major problems, sounds like thaksin to me, as they say, stupid is as stupid does.

"You cannot give Amnesty where a crime has been committed and don't tell me there hasn't been any committed , i think you are actually Thaksin in disguise Zhou Zhou."

Seaja , its sub judice, as after its granted, every lawyer will be quoting The state v Thaksin amnesty and all forty million tax evaders will have to be let off, you set a precedent for other cases to claim amnesty. If it's good enough for one it's good enough for all , you cannot favour one anymore than the other .Now that's democracy.

Does Thailand have anything like the British " D Notice " which is only for use in national security matters or is it just subtle and not too subtle intimidation ? I seem to recall when the " real PM " was in office a newspaper that was criticising him regularly got a phone call to tell them just how much advertising revenue they would not be getting.

Now will we see the DSI open an investigation on Abhisit having incited a riot ?

Does Thailand have anything like the British " D Notice " which is only for use in national security matters or is it just subtle and not too subtle intimidation ? I seem to recall when the " real PM " was in office a newspaper that was criticising him regularly got a phone call to tell them just how much advertising revenue they would not be getting.

Now will we see the DSI open an investigation on Abhisit having incited a riot ?

DSI has to remember, what comes around, go's around.

• Like 1

You would think the nation would be all over this.

• Like 1

Some poster referring to Abhisit mentioned "perhaps they feel they have the right to call Abhisit a killer because of his actions."

Makes you wonder about a few other people I know

There's extremely little chance of Thaksin getting back. There will be so much street violence and so many injuries when the Red Shirts lay into opponents of the Amnesty Bill. There will be explosions and burning too no doubt. He won't be able to return without some kind of Emergency Rule declaration, and nobody will accept that. His permanent home is now Dubai. Thais will realize eventually that peace in Thailand is impossible with him.

• Like 1

Zhou Zhou: I don't know what planet you are on. Certainly not the same as the majority of Thai Visa users. Now answer this question honestly: Where do you stand on the political spectrum? Would you have supported Hitler or Churchill? What is interesting to me is that you are so predictable and you have not answered previus points I have made. There is nothing in what Abhisit has said that could lead to the point you make. The job of an opposition leader is to point out the pitfalls and errors in any administration's actions. This is surely what Parliamentary democracy is about. Unike Thaksin who would brook no opposition which is not what Parliamentary democracy is about. What you say in yur other post is absolutely off the wall and incorrect. Come on ZhouZhou, get real and start to understand, not only the nature of democracy but also the nature of fascism.!

Get Real????? Abhisit is Churchill and Taksin is Hitler I suppose in your "real" world?

Abhisit and the Democrats have not won one national election in over 20 years? Taksin did. Massively. And would still do it if allowed to come back to Thailand. That's the reality.

And i don t that like that reality more than you do. But until the Democrats or another party offer something better...

I must assume you are talking about the 2005 election when Thai Rak Thai had a 60% popular vote? Not "Massive" , however a respectable majority. The current government didn't get a majority of the vote, however they did do well with a bit more than 48%. Again, a very respectable showing, however not massive either. More details would probably help your argument.

I don't see Thaksin with a moustache, so I don't see the resemblance.

There's extremely little chance of Thaksin getting back. There will be so much street violence and so many injuries when the Red Shirts lay into opponents of the Amnesty Bill. There will be explosions and burning too no doubt. He won't be able to return without some kind of Emergency Rule declaration, and nobody will accept that. His permanent home is now Dubai. Thais will realize eventually that peace in Thailand is impossible with him.

On previous occasion, street protests, PM Yingluck mad clear she will not rule by emergency declaration.
When did she make that clear?

You are wasting your time using any sort of logic or democratic argument with the ZZzzzzzzz person.

The simplistic idea that once an election is won, the winner can do what it wants is the mantra repeated ad infinitum. No checks, no balances, no problem with vote buying, no problem with red shirt violence, no problem with corruption, no problem with criminal conviction.

Ask a question about checks & balances & the lights stay on but no one is home.

Abhisit or any opposition figure actually having the audacity to oppose the PTP - undemocratic, a threat. Has treason been mentioned? Not yet.

Election are the ultimate tool of democracy.

it lets the people decide who should rule them. if they think the elected lawmakers did not good, they will vote them out of office in the next election. if they are happy with the work of the elected lawmakers the people will vote for them again.

Abhisit tools to raise power is not the vote of the people but the court. there is an undemocratic unbalance between the power of the court and the power of the parliament in Thailand.

the more power a parliament has the more democratic is a country.

Zhou Zhou: I don't know what planet you are on. Certainly not the same as the majority of Thai Visa users. Now answer this question honestly: Where do you stand on the political spectrum? Would you have supported Hitler or Churchill? What is interesting to me is that you are so predictable and you have not answered previus points I have made. There is nothing in what Abhisit has said that could lead to the point you make. The job of an opposition leader is to point out the pitfalls and errors in any administration's actions. This is surely what Parliamentary democracy is about. Unike Thaksin who would brook no opposition which is not what Parliamentary democracy is about. What you say in yur other post is absolutely off the wall and incorrect. Come on ZhouZhou, get real and start to understand, not only the nature of democracy but also the nature of fascism.!

Get Real????? Abhisit is Churchill and Taksin is Hitler I suppose in your "real" world?

Abhisit and the Democrats have not won one national election in over 20 years? Taksin did. Massively. And would still do it if allowed to come back to Thailand. That's the reality.

And i don t that like that reality more than you do. But until the Democrats or another party offer something better...

I must assume you are talking about the 2005 election when Thai Rak Thai had a 60% popular vote? Not "Massive" , however a respectable majority. The current government didn't get a majority of the vote, however they did do well with a bit more than 48%. Again, a very respectable showing, however not massive either. More details would probably help your argument.

I don't see Thaksin with a moustache, so I don't see the resemblance.

You should not forget that there is a strong anti Thaksin propaganda. The Junta had a million budget for it. to oust Thaksin is the only known goal of ex-PM Abhisit.

That political parties connected to Thaksin were banned twice - what was not very democratic.

there was big gerrymandering by the junta with the hope to support for the Democrats. Under PM Abhisit we saw additional gerrymandering charter amendments.

And now the Yingluck leads government has 300 MP behind her in a 500 seat parliament.

That is massive.

Was wondering what the reaction of the PT supporters on this forum would have been if the same thing had happened to Yingluck when she visited the south?

Ah........

But that didn't happen.

AV is paying the price for his decisions when in power.

He now probably unelectable and certainly despised by many Thai people.

I don't know how that has something to do with Churchill or Hitler nor would i think that Abhisit compares to any of them. so don't know what your question here really is.

but Hitler or the Nazis were anti parliamentarian.

I am all for a parliamentarian democracy. it is the peoples and the electorate decision who they vote for. if i am believe in democracy i have to accept that and don't threat with a new round of coups, violence and party dissolutions.

Where did Abhisit threaten coups, violence and party dissolutions?