Update On Chiang Mai Men Running 21 Marathons

sk1max

Update on progress, not a duplicate post.

12 marathons of 21 completed so far.

Hi, a close friend of mine Lance (56) a long time resident of Chiang Mai and his running partner Ahoo (42?) are running 21 marathons and trying to do it in 21 days. It was Ahoo's idea as he is an avid runner with a difference, he is almost completely deaf and is from the Aka tribe near Chiang Rai. I believe the run is to raise awareness and solidarity between the various hill tribes of Northern Thailand. The run has been sponsored by various organizations The runs will end with a meeting at the Privy Council in Bangkok and hopefully a brief audience with His Majesty The King, but that has not been confirmed.

As of today 20th of April the two men have completed their 12th marathon in as many days. They stated the run in Mae Sai. Anyone interested in following their progress can do so on Sports Tracker (type in 21 marathons). If you'd like to leave a positive message for the 2 runners you can do so by clicking on 'workout overview' or just follow the progress.

I know many people have done extreme runs and ultra marathons(100 in 100 days, 365 in 1 year etc.) before but only a handful of people in the world have taken on this kind of challenge.

post-47129-0-49889000-1366435694_thumb.j

Thanks

Again,good luck to the guys attempting this awesome task in this heat.

Now if they were eating the best burger or pizza or it was immigration,or something completely mundane related there would be much more interest in this thread. A sad reflection of the direction the forum has taken in the last few years.

• Like 1

Probably not many runners under the old expats. I know Lance from fitness and we mail. He is a remarkable man with a wide ranging interest in health and besides that a very engaging and kind personality. Knowing him, I have no doubt he and Ahoo will succeed this incredibly severe run. The heat is a problem, causing blisters and a high level of moisture loss but they survived the pollution from the first week.

Edited by Joop50

As has been stated there have been others doing many more marathons for many more consecutive days.

But I doubt any of them had the smog and the hills to deal with that is required at this time of the year from Mai Sai to Bangkok and none of them were as old as Lance.

Simply a remarkable feat.wai2.gif

• Like 1