Catagory 'o' Visa Question.....

I want to get a multiple entry catagory 'O' visa...

I will be visting my thai child living in Thailand..

The form says I need ...

A..childs Birth cert ...I have that,

B..Proof of having legal custody of the child....I need this document.

Is this proof of legal custody document something I get from local amphor office??

mai loo

cheers

Edited by glassdude007

First question is "did you go to court and declare yourself as the father?" This is usually necessary unless you are married to the child's mother. The court issues the order and it is registered at the district office. If you did not do this then there will be no order.

Thanks for the link and very interesting read.......learn something everyday......

Hope I don't have to get married AGAIN....wub.png

but

that looks like the best way to get the..Proof of having legal custody of the child document needed for an 'O' visa

or

I can continue just getting 30 day stamps at the airport hmmmmmm?

cheers

Thanks for the link and very interesting read.......learn something everyday......

Hope I don't have to get married AGAIN....wub.png

but

that looks like the best way to get the..Proof of having legal custody of the child document needed for an 'O' visa

or

I can continue just getting 30 day stamps at the airport hmmmmmm?

cheers

It's not always necessary to be married to the mother or have legal custody.

In your home country it would be easiest and just the birth cerificate would probably suffice

I have obtained 1-year multiple entry "O" visas for visiting my son from Thai embassies in Hanoi, Colombo, and Phnom Penh. Each time I showed the birth certificate, a letter from my "wife" (we're not officially married) with copies of her ID card, money in a Thai bank, and an employment contract in the country I was working at the time.

If you're not working, retired or rich Immigration has good reason to be suspicious why and how you are going to stay in Thailand for an extended period.

How long ago did you get those visas?

There is a very good chance you would not get one now because the MFA came out with a directive that tightened the requirements.

I don't recall any reports ever of a multiple entry visa of any kind being issued in Cambodia or Vietnam.

How long ago did you get those visas?

There is a very good chance you would not get one now because the MFA came out with a directive that tightened the requirements.

I don't recall any reports ever of a multiple entry visa of any kind being issued in Cambodia or Vietnam.

The last multi-O was issued in Phnom Penh in August. When I picked it up I did see another person get a multiple entry tourist visa.

As you know, it's all up to the discretion of the officer in charge (each time the clerk always said "I'll have to ask my boss"). I think it's the intermittent employment contract in a neighboring country that does the trick as it gives a good reason for coming and going.