18 Korean Tourists Injured In Speed Boat Accident In Pattaya

Lite Beer

18 Korean tourists injured in speed boat accident in Pattaya
By Digital Media

13665337516128-640x390x2.jpg

CHONBURI, April 21 - Eighteen Korean tourists were wounded in speed boat accident off Pattaya's Laan island on Sunday with two reportedly in critical condition.

A speed boat, named "Sea Dream", was transporting some thirty Korean tourists to Ko Laan Island when it collided with another speed boat "Khem Thong" which was lying at anchor about 800 metres off the beach.

All tourists were rescued by boats which cruised nearby. The drivers of two speed boats however escaped.

Sixteen passengers suffered minor injuries while another two tourists were in critical condition. One Korean man’s two legs were nearly severed and another Korean man lost his right leg from the boat's propellor.

Police are now hunting for the boats' drivers for legal prosecution. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-04-21

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've become accustomed to news such as this... If it isn't a Bus accident its someone drunk in car or motorcycle or as in this case, its yet another speed boat accident... With sympathy for the victims my first thoughts lately when I read news such as this is... "How on earth can this possibly happen?"...

Really - How is it possible for a speed boat to go straight into another boat which wasn't moving ?? !!

Of course - we can all guess the answer, the pilot wasn't watching where he was going or there was some mechanical steering failure...

• Like 2

How do you flee the scene 800 metres offshore?

I would say most speed boat drivers are related; thus the idiot who drove into the parked boat was taken away while the other gave chase on a jet-ski, but lost him at the first set of traffic lights

It is also amazing to have a collision with an anchored boat in what was most likely clear skies and relatively calm seas.

Depends how many Lou Kou's the guys had, the anchored thing might have looked like a seagull. burp.gif

• Like 1

It is also amazing to have a collision with an anchored boat in what was most likely clear skies and relatively calm seas.

If it is possible to have any sort of accident these clowns will come up with it.

"and not good for tourism either"

I've become accustomed to news such as this... If it isn't a Bus accident its someone drunk in car or motorcycle or as in this case, its yet another speed boat accident... With sympathy for the victims my first thoughts lately when I read news such as this is... "How on earth can this possibly happen?"...

Really - How is it possible for a speed boat to go straight into another boat which wasn't moving ?? !!

Of course - we can all guess the answer, the pilot wasn't watching where he was going or there was some mechanical steering failure...

I'm guessing it was brake failure...thumbsup.gif

this country wants to roll with the big boys,this country wants to shove change down my throat....ok....can you say'' class action law suit''....suck it up,any comment big guy....''mai pen rai''.