Beast Steak In Chiang Mai?

Thailand

Best and most tasteful steak is defenitely one that not comes from bio-industry and not contain medicines and (growing) hormones, not sure if they have those 'good' steaks in Chiangmai, are thai farmers under supervision on how they grow their meat ?

Beast steak??

The quality of English on here from so called native English speakers is poor at best. I pity your students if you are a teacher.

As a faux par it is brilliant, as most "steak" comes from sick water buffalo in Chiang Mai!

Beast steak??

The quality of English on here from so called native English speakers is poor at best. I pity your students if you are a teacher.

As a faux par it is brilliant, as most "steak" comes from sick water buffalo in Chiang Mai!

FAIL

God, I miss a good steak. But I can't eat them on doc's orders. Already deadly levels of iron in my blood due to the heamochromatosis. With a heavy mushroom sauce, lots of pepper and hot english mustard and thick cut beer battered chips and a crisp salad...with a (iron rich) red wine to wash it all down. Maybe I should just do it and let God sort it all out?

Uh Oh! This thread is getting serious !!!! Have TV Chiang Mai tastes risen to the quality of steak?! There hasn't been a serious hamburger post for a long, long time!

Obviously, given so many posts this evening, I am desperate for something meaty to post to.

Edited by Mapguy

It depends on what you call a beast.

A Canadian friend of mine is a serious hunter and he never eats beef. It is always something he has shot. He is also a very good cook. He recently gave me a meal of Black bear that was quite tastey. It that beast enough for you?

I understand the point of this topic but I wonder how some of us would do if we were to try and make a sign written in the Thai script. I bet the Thais would have a good laugh at that as well.

It depends on what you call a beast.

A Canadian friend of mine is a serious hunter and he never eats beef. It is always something he has shot. He is also a very good cook. He recently gave me a meal of Black bear that was quite tastey. It that beast enough for you?

I understand the point of this topic but I wonder how some of us would do if we were to try and make a sign written in the Thai script. I bet the Thais would have a good laugh at that as well.

Most of us would have it proof-read by an educated Thai before printing the sign. That always amazes me here (amazing T-land), there are so many native English speakers here yet so few seem to have their signs and publications reviewed for errors. You even see it in glossy magazines and Govt. billboards.......

Beast steak??

Did you actually bother to look at the photo the OP posted?

Much easier to jump in with both feet and sling gratuitous insults about

Beasts is a common term used by farmers in UK to describe, cows,bulls and heifers ,

but ,yes I know it was a spelling mistake,but English not been their first language,not

a problem.

regards Worgeordie

Beast steak??

This has been the BEAST response to this topic.

Look before you leap. Look before you cross the street.

Best steak I've had in Chiang Mai was at The Chedi - not surprisingly it was also the most expensive (and came with no sides which are extra).

Other less expensive places where I've had a good steak (though sometimes better then others):

Duke's
Chez Marco

An OK steak though not as good as the above:

Kantary Hills
Holiday Inn

Best Thai steak I've had anywhere was at the Green Table, a new restaurant on Nimmanhaemin Soi 12 in the Kantary Terrace. They said it is some special beef that they get from a University farm. Not as good as a good Australian or Argentine fillet, but for Thai beef it is the best I've had.