Thai Stroke Device Wins Awards In Geneva

webfact

Good on the parents for nurturing her creativity and the school for her education (I am assuming this to be the case)

Lets hope other parents and schools take note....

Its a breath of fresh air to read something like this :)

I have Ischemic heart disease and I thought I had a minor stroke a couple of weeks ago

so I am delighted to hear about this new product.clap2.gif (Fortunately it was not a stroke.)

I hope it is all they say and more. Bravo!!!

I am rather excited to find out Naresuan University is at the center of this since I live close by.

I am going to drive over to the University this week and see what I can find out. Maybe get

tested myself if I can.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

A Thai person invents a great device that could save lives, and all many on here can do is complain. Time for many of you to grow up. The award winner has probably contributed more to society than all you lot put together.

• Like 1

Guys...seriously...

Some Thais win an ice-sculpturing event in Japan, some chefs win and award in god- knows- where and a youth- team builds a football- playing robot.

The Nation starts huffing and puffing like someones just ended world hunger and you start crying that not everybody is in stitches about those major Thai- achievments.

Maybe more people would react positively to this (really good thing) if not every warm wind that escapes someone , is celebrated like the greatest thing on Earth!

By the way Zhou Zhou...I am still waiting!

Edited by DocN

congratulations!

so many good things coming out from Thailand, that is another thing to add to the list.

very good.

I suggest you hold off on the enthusiastic endorsement until such time as the device undergoes clinical trials and is shown to actually work.

even if it turns out that way you describe it is not bad.

research work is often dead end work without a final product. that is part of the process. in the next stage they will be better.

people use their creativity to do good things, research, make invention.

some just use their brain to bash other. not very good.

And then there are those that know that medical device advances and innovations are published in peer reviewed medical journals and that are presented at shows and conferences dedicated to medical devices. New edical devices undergo clinical trials before they are presented as breakthroughs.

I am not denigrating the lecturer's research, but I find it very odd that this breakthrough device is presented at a generic inventor's show and not at a specialized show (and there are dozens throughout the year, with some in Asia) where he medical professionals that would be the target market go. What was the point of presenting in Switzerland?

A Thai person invents a great device that could save lives, and all many on here can do is complain. Time for many of you to grow up. The award winner has probably contributed more to society than all you lot put together.

No one is putting down the lecturer. However, the reaction of some shows prudence and an understanding of how medical devices are brought to market. It takes years of clinical testing for some devices before they are even put out for display at a show. In the absence of clinical trial studies, how is one to know if the device is effective? Perhaps the device was conceptual. I don;t know, but I can't find the clinical data that shows it works. If you know where it is, please direct me.

I dont get the negativity. Its an accomplishment, so why the low brow?

I get that there are parties here in TV that likes to go at it. and i dont mind, actually its entertaining.

but it should be at the expense of these people that have made a personal accomplishments.

Have your fun, but dont do it at the expense of others.

Now at the sound of the bell, you guys can come out fighting :D

• Like 1