Sailor Bar Soi 8 Brawl

Lostom

Saw some Farang guy beaten senseless in this place on Songran last Friday for apparently squirting water at the Mamasan. One minute things were swinging along merrily with everyone having fun, the next moment about 6 staff members started laying into this guy with ashtrays, bottles & buckets.

Definitely a very mean undercurrent in this place - be aware!!

seen a similar incident few years in that music bar on the beach between Soi 7 &8... all the male staff turned on some old drunk guy in a swarm....the full works, flying kicks the lot !!

couldn't believe how they turned from smiling waiters to a bunch of thugs ... Some youngish farang guy tried to help but to run away as they turned on him as well ..

As the saying goes " the Thais are the nicest people in the world..... until they're not"

• Like 2

I used to eat in Sailor Bar occasionally five years or so ago til I copped some of the rudest service you are likely to get anywhere from the dykes who run the place.

It is not confined to Sailor Bar thou as it seems a lot of these smaller places from my experience seem to have service that ranges from very good one day to appalling the next.

I usually eat at Big C or Central these days if I am out and about less hassles and service levels generally better and next to no chance of being beaten up or abused.

I used to eat in Sailor Bar occasionally five years or so ago til I copped some of the rudest service you are likely to get anywhere from the dykes who run the place.

It is not confined to Sailor Bar thou as it seems a lot of these smaller places from my experience seem to have service that ranges from very good one day to appalling the next.

I usually eat at Big C or Central these days if I am out and about less hassles and service levels generally better and next to no chance of being beaten up or abused.

My latest trend when I go for long distance rides on my bike is to stop for lunch at a Tesco. Most of them have a prepared meals with fried rice, chicken leg and a little salad for under 30thb including a plastic spoon. I also buy some fresh fruit and some yoghurt and other treats and use the plastic spoon to eat it:

Example menu

Islamic yellow rice with raisins, chicken leg, half boiled egg and salad 25 THB

Tub of yoghurt 12 THB

Donut or other sweetie from the bakery section 10 THB

Tray of freshly sliced fruit (dragon, guava etc) 15 THB

Small bottle of dutch milk 15 THB

Total for healthy and tasty lunch: 77 THB

Edited by Phronesis
  • Like 2

Sailor Bar has been getting bad reports lately..Not only here but other sites as well...Just might be something to it other then water being sprayed during Song Kran Water Festival...

To Beat up a Customer is a serious offense when it could have been handled differently...

That's what happens when you are an <deleted>! Farangs and their illegal pvc high pressure water guns, just don't get it! He had it coming to him, hopefully he and others watching will learn. The police should start arresting all with the illegal pvc guns and not just take them away. Let them spend the night in jail with a heavy fine, with deportation and not allowed to come back into the country! Maybe this will stop all the idiots for whats suppose to be a joyful celebration!

Nothing in the original post says that he used a PVC pressure gun.

And you think that being beaten within an inch of your life or being locked up by the police is just punishment for using a PVC water gun? Then throw in deportation as well! that is only for the Farangs, what would you do for the Thai guys that use them? Death Row?

That's what happens when you are an <deleted>! Farangs and their illegal pvc high pressure water guns, just don't get it! He had it coming to him, hopefully he and others watching will learn. The police should start arresting all with the illegal pvc guns and not just take them away. Let them spend the night in jail with a heavy fine, with deportation and not allowed to come back into the country! Maybe this will stop all the idiots for whats suppose to be a joyful celebration!

Illegal PVC High Pressure Water guns! is that the same as they use at Songkran?

Edited by MAJIC

Funny how some people are surprised when they patronize fronts for prostitution and are surprised when they see violence on the premises. Do you think the Thais and ferengs who own and manage these kind of establishments are members of the church choir?

I do not know about ferengs, but last time i checked sailor bar was not a front for prostitution.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

seen a similar incident few years in that music bar on the beach between Soi 7 &8... all the male staff turned on some old drunk guy in a swarm....the full works, flying kicks the lot !!

couldn't believe how they turned from smiling waiters to a bunch of thugs ... Some youngish farang guy tried to help but to run away as they turned on him as well ..

As the saying goes " the Thais are the nicest people in the world..... until they're not".

Did you come here once on holiday?

The Sailor Bar is in Soi 8. Opposite Flipper Lodge Hotel.

Not "between Soi 7 & 8".

• Like 1

Funny how some people are surprised when they patronize fronts for prostitution and are surprised when they see violence on the premises. Do you think the Thais and ferengs who own and manage these kind of establishments are members of the church choir?

I do not know about ferengs, but last time i checked sailor bar was not a front for prostitution.thumbsup.gif

Have you ever been there?

As the saying goes " the Thais are the nicest people in the world..... until they're not"

And it's not a music bar.

It's a restaurant/bar.

You TROLL

As the saying goes " the Thais are the nicest people in the world..... until they're not".

Not "between Soi 7 & 8".

You sure you are a teacher?

He said music bar NOT sailor bar

Not "between Soi 7 & 8".

how they turned from smiling waiters to a bunch of thugs

Smiling waiters?

have you ever set foot in the place?

Smiling dykes more like.

It's a restaurant/bar.

You TROLL

Must be boring without music.

I believe we already had this discussion, most likely not as many times as you, as i prefer my meals in an air conned place with toilets that are actually useable and table cloths which are changed more frequently than once a month. I might be a hi-so though

I believe we already had this discussion, most likely not as many times as you, as i prefer my meals in an air conned place with toilets that are actually useable and table cloths which are changed more frequently than once a month. I might be a hi-so though

I wouldn't enjoy my meals in a place with toilets, airconned or not.

It's a restaurant/bar.

You TROLL

I have serious reservations about you being a teacherrolleyes.gif

Read again what he said "in that music bar on the beach between Soi 7 &8"

There is a bar complex with live music between the soisw00t.gif

That is one high class establishment.

Brilliant place, I have been using it for about 20 years and never had a problem, its a Pattaya institution, the staff make the place, escpecially "Big Mama".

Another farang <deleted> gets the shit beaten out him for being a <deleted>, great stuff, will be in there on Wed night, one of the best places in Pattaya, well done the staff, Thai 1, farang <deleted> 0.

Sounds like you keep great company.

Osbourne was obviously NOT referring to the Sailor Bar!!!

"That music bar on the beach", - - and male staff who turned on the farang..... This was the place on beach road where they have life music, NOT the sailor bar.

Thanks to the OP for sharing, I'll avoid this dyke bar from now on, always had a dodgy feeling there... But the price of beer was right, no loud music and the "girls" there certainly left men in peace....

It's a restaurant/bar.

You TROLL

I have serious reservations about you being a teacherrolleyes.gif

Read again what he said "in that music bar on the beach between Soi 7 &8"

There is a bar complex with live music between the soisw00t.gif

Your correction is accepted. My mistake. Sorry.

PS I'm not a qualified teacher, just using me degree to stay here. I'm just a sexpat. Who cares in Pattaya? No one.