Parents Claim 5 Year Old " Scared To Death" In Jomtien

webfact

Parents claim 5 year old “scared to death” in Jomtien

PATTAYA: -- The parents of a 5 year old girl claim the mysterious death of their daughter in Jomtien on Monday afternoon may have been caused by a fear of dogs.

The unusual claim was made by Khun Adkisak aged 26 and his wife, Khun Lungladee aged 25 who accompanied their daughter to the morgue at Banglamung Hospital where the pair were in a state of disbelief after the incident which occurred in front of an apartment complex close to a Jomtien Hotel where the parents work.

Their daughter had come down from Nong Khai Province in the North-East of Thailand where the child attended Kindergarten and is cared for by grandparents.

The parents claim their daughter went out to play and when Khun Lungladee went to check on her daughter, she found her convulsing on the ground. Seconds later the child became motionless and stopped breathing. A dog was sitting near the girl and there were no suggestions the dog had attacked the child.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/84246/parents-claim-5-year-scared-death-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-23

The lack of basic medical knowledge in this country is astounding. I don't expect her parents to be physicians, but to actually believe their daughter was "scared to death". Either they are really that stupid, or they just don't want to tell the truth about something.

What a tragedy. It is hard to imagine the grief of such an untimely death. It may have been that the child suffered a severe allergic reaction, which would account for her symptoms.

Unlikely, an anaphylaxis almost always shows on the skin, and the docs would have noted that. Terror can trigger a heart attack, happened before. In elderly people, though.

I dont think the dog attacket her. I think more the dog watched her. They do this often, when someone got sick. The dog stays with them to watch and protect. Usualy street dogs aren't bad.

agree with you ....dogs are more human than human

Very sad indeed! but why would you let a 5 year old go outside and play alone in the first place?

When I was five years old, some 50+ years ago, I used to play outside alone all the time. But, I also rode my bike without a helmet, used to eat hamburgers cooked "rare", and would lick raw cake mix from mixer beaters. Didn't realize what a reckless mother I had. rolleyes.gif

My mother was far worse than yours ,i had an air pistol ,a go cart with no brakes ,we lived at the seaside and we used to walk miles across the sand dunes and sometimes i did not get in untill eight at night ,i wont even start on how we were allowed to play "conkers" without eye protection. oh and fish and chips wrapped in newspaper ,its a wonder i am still alive.

RIP to the child and condolences to her parents.

Edited by thenervoussurgeon

The lack of basic medical knowledge in this country is astounding. I don't expect her parents to be physicians, but to actually believe their daughter was "scared to death". Either they are really that stupid, or they just don't want to tell the truth about something.

As long as they are not as insensitive as you. The only stupidity here is oozing out of you.

"dog was sitting near the girl"

Reminds me about some "news" stories here in Korea.

"A fan was found in the home of the deceased elderly couple..." "...fan death is suspected to be the cause."

No - seriously. Look it up. FAN DEATH. rolleyes.gif

Don't think anyone will bother.

I dont think the dog attacket her. I think more the dog watched her. They do this often, when someone got sick. The dog stays with them to watch and protect. Usualy street dogs aren't bad.

agree with you ....dogs are more human than human

No, no, humans are more human than dogs.

Tragic... the conclusion the parents are clinging to clearly shows their hunger for any explanation....

I hope they get a real answer.

Based only on what has been written I would jump to the conclusion that the poor child asphyxiated while suffering an epileptic fit.

Nothing wrong with 5 year olds playing in the garden unsupervised... Sisters kids have been doing it for a year... until at least they were 6 year olds playing in the garden....

Very sad indeed! but why would you let a 5 year old go outside and play alone in the first place?

Unlike the nanny nations of the West kids here enjoy their childhood. Yes children as young as 6 can be seen playing unsupervised by the river, infact all over the place. The same thing with my childhood, was out for the day on my own at 8.

The trouble with the west is they see perverts everywhere whilst 95% of abuse is done by someone already known to the child.

This fear over molesters is causing the kids of today to miss out on their childhood whilst getting obese because they sit in front of a TV or computer instead of playing with peers. keeping kids from stepping outside their gardens for a virtually non existant threat fueled by media / government is tantamount to abuse imo.

Unlike the nanny nations of the West kids here enjoy their childhood. Yes children as young as 6 can be seen playing unsupervised by the river, infact all over the place. The same thing with my childhood, was out for the day on my own at 8.

The trouble with the west is they see perverts everywhere whilst 95% of abuse is done by someone already known to the child.

This fear over molesters is causing the kids of today to miss out on their childhood whilst getting obese because they sit in front of a TV or computer instead of playing with peers. keeping kids from stepping outside their gardens for a virtually non existant threat fueled by media / government is tantamount to abuse imo.

Yet it was Thailand that had the case of the kidnapped girl that was tortured, burned and kept in a cage for 5 years....