Is Soi Buakhow The Walking Street For Expats In Pattaya?

detinu68

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want clubs as in real clubs and freelancers you go to walking, if you into beer bars and gogo's you go to soi buakhao

if you want pretty young girls, you go to walking street, if you want older ones stick to buakhao.

Walking street very multi cultural, Soi Buakhao very British.

Triangle bar is a dump but offers cheap drinks, hence its busy. Take away the cheap drinks and the place would be empty

Why is the Triangle bar a dump in your opinion? everybody enjoys the cheap beers and whisky provided there...all the sports on numerous screens and decent food if you have tried albeit bar snack food.

Its an open bar, always hot. Half of the fans do not work.

Service girls have no idea of drink names.

Not multiple screen but 3 may be 4 now

Decent food? cheap food -yes, decent -would not go that far.

Just because it has cheap drinks it does not make it a good bar, so NO, not everybody enjoys it there, only those who seek out cheap drinks overlooking all of the above

You are right all it has going for it is cheap beer. Popular with long term expats who like drinking and don't mind or care about ambiance, facilities or service. Their two for one deals target the long term expat drinker on a budget.

lets call spade a spade, its a cheap charlie barbiggrin.png

3-4 days....so you must enjoy it then biggrin.png can't be that bad then?

It is what it is a bar! one you can buy cheap beer and have good conversation/craic with other farang be that long timers or tourists,watch the sports and be happy.

I go to a bar to have a drink and if it is cheap then great ,more the better......so many pompous old farts on here i suggest you go to walking street and pay X4 for the same drink.

Good bars are all about the company. I'm sure they understand when I take the Tiger out of the condom....tongue.png

• Like 1

Wouldn't bother with either ,much better on the darkside ,you can park and not get trampled to death by chinese tour groups or have to sit next to three Indians sharing a beer. and on Buakauw,you risk getting run over if your not carefull ,still it makes a good cut through when i am driving .

Soi Buakaow (or how ever you spell it), is.......how to say it diplomatically....a "soi 6 extension" in these days.

It's for the lower end sorry, *cheap charlie* expats/tourists.

Nothing else.

Wouldn't bother with either ,much better on the darkside ....

Yepp, absolutely correct and also much less tourists.

Edited by roban

It is what it is a bar! one you can buy cheap beer and have good conversation/craic with other farang be that long timers or tourists,watch the sports and be happy.

I go to a bar to have a drink and if it is cheap then great ,more the better......so many pompous old farts on here i suggest you go to walking street and pay X4 for the same drink.

You sound like a manager from there, are you not?

Walking Street is still the place to go if it's gogos and girls that you're after. There are few (if any) places like Baby Dolls, Windmill, Private Dancer, X-Zone, Sugarbaby, Supergirl/baby, Baccara, Peppermint, What's Up, Heaven Above and the new super gogo Sensations in Soi Buakhow. And even the quieter gogos like Spanky's, Mandarin, Silver Star, Lighthouse, Shark, Tiger, Roxy, Iron, Airport, Ginza, Glasshouse, Pepes, Diamond, Gentlemen's Club, Alcatraz, Bada Bing, Rhino, Living Dolls, The Sea, Naughty Girls, Nui's, Moon, New Star are on a par with the Buakhow gogos.

So, no it's not the new Walking Street.

Walking Street is still the place to go if it's gogos and girls that you're after. There are few (if any) places like Baby Dolls, Windmill, Private Dancer, X-Zone, Sugarbaby, Supergirl/baby, Baccara, Peppermint, What's Up, Heaven Above and the new super gogo Sensations in Soi Buakhow. And even the quieter gogos like Spanky's, Mandarin, Silver Star, Lighthouse, Shark, Tiger, Roxy, Iron, Airport, Ginza, Glasshouse, Pepes, Diamond, Gentlemen's Club, Alcatraz, Bada Bing, Rhino, Living Dolls, The Sea, Naughty Girls, Nui's, Moon, New Star are on a par with the Buakhow gogos.

Man, you really know your gogo's do not you?!tongue.png

• Like 1

Man, you really know your gogo's do not you?!tongue.png

I have my hobbies. whistling.gif

I dont go to bars or discos but I certainly would never go to WS at any time, whereas I do go several times a week to the Soi Buakow area to eat in various places, in spite of living in Jomtien.

Never ceases to amaze me that some still claim this and expect to be believed........................

• Like 1

Ok......so where is the go-go located on the dark side ..?

This thread is not about the what is better in Walking Street versus Soi Buakhow or versus The Darkside.

I just know from friends that live in Pattaya and other regular tourists to Sin City that they prefer an evening in Soi Buakhow to Walking Street - seen that, done it is what they say.

It's simply better value for money in Soi Buakhow.

The Darkside is definitely another thread...

• Like 1

Lemoncake lives in Watford, obviously

Lemoncake lives in Watford, obviously

What's Watford?

if you want clubs as in real clubs and freelancers you go to walking, if you into beer bars and gogo's you go to soi buakhao

if you want pretty young girls, you go to walking street, if you want older ones stick to buakhao.

Triangle bar is a dump but offers cheap drinks, hence its busy. Take away the cheap drinks and the place would be empty

Why is the Triangle bar a dump in your opinion? everybody enjoys the cheap beers and whisky provided there...all the sports on numerous screens and decent food if you have tried albeit bar snack food.

Just because it has cheap drinks it does not make it a good bar, so NO, not everybody enjoys it there, only those who seek out cheap drinks overlooking all of the above

They don't do food there.

You've never been there.

That's obvious.

Keep quiet.

You have nothing to offer to this discussion,

They don't do food there.

You've never been there.

That's obvious.

Keep quiet.

You have nothing to offer to this discussion,

And you last went when?

There is food you can buy and eat in the bar and its been there for about 3 months now wraps and rolls, as has been said already its bar snack food, if you want a 3 course meal go to a restaurant

I rarely get on to walking street itself these day but there are some good gogo bars in soi 15, and they are not expensive like those on the main drag

Private Dancer for example have beer promotions every couple of weeks where you get some bottled beers for 55 baht

I dont go to bars or discos but I certainly would never go to WS at any time, whereas I do go several times a week to the Soi Buakow area to eat in various places, in spite of living in Jomtien.

Never ceases to amaze me that some still claim this and expect to be believed........................

I am one who never goes to WS, it has nothing for me.

I prefer live music bars with good company and a sanook factor.

I spent two night recently in sois 7 and 8, next time I visit Pattaya I will probably end up using the same 6 or 7 bars I have frequented for say the last 10 years.

I dont drink in WS and neither to my friends who live in Pattaya, for the 2 week millionaires or guys working their ass off in some gawd forsaken country or working 4 on 4 off I can understand the attraction.

This thread is not about the what is better in Walking Street versus Soi Buakhow or versus The Darkside.

I just know from friends that live in Pattaya and other regular tourists to Sin City that they prefer an evening in Soi Buakhow to Walking Street - seen that, done it is what they say.

I agree, however I prefer sois 7 and 8.

You want value for money and a good laugh, check out Paddys bar just opposite Tops, or any of the other bars serving 40 or 45 baht beers.

Usually full of locals who know where to get value for money, yes the girls may be a bit older and aint eye candy, but they dont pester you for lady drinks and dont have a my shit dont stink attitude.

Soi Bhuokaw was devloped as an alternative to Walking Street; at least it was the plan 10 years ago.

Maybe in 10 years time it will actually be an alternative to Walking Street, once Walking Street has changed into a boulevard with on the land side some high rise hotels and on the seaside an expensive Marina and a Skytrain running along the stretch ending at Bali Hai Station.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me that some imagine that I could be bothered to lie about something so inconsequential. Life's too short.

I dont go to bars. I dont go to discos. I dont go to WS. They are all my idea of hell.

I do live in Jomtien and I do go to the Soi Buakow area several times a week to eat. I eat out twice a day, every day, so I get around quite a bit. I also often eat in Jomtien, Naklua, Wong Amat, Pratumnak and Bang Saray, and several places in the 2nd Road/Central area.

And right now I'm off to the darkside for a Sunday roast. smile.png

It never ceases to amaze me that some imagine that I could be bothered to lie about something so inconsequential. Life's too short.

I dont go to bars. I dont go to discos. I dont go to WS. They are all my idea of hell.

I do live in Jomtien and I do go to the Soi Buakow area several times a week to eat. I eat out twice a day, every day, so I get around quite a bit. I also often eat in Jomtien, Naklua, Wong Amat, Pratumnak and Bang Saray, and several places in the 2nd Road/Central area.

And right now I'm off to the darkside for a Sunday roast. smile.png

Keep digging Buddy.................

I agree, however I prefer sois 7 and 8.

You want value for money and a good laugh, check out Paddys bar just opposite Tops, or any of the other bars serving 40 or 45 baht beers.

Usually full of locals who know where to get value for money, yes the girls may be a bit older and aint eye candy, but they dont pester you for lady drinks and dont have a my shit dont stink attitude.

No one will accuse you of setting your standards too high.blink.png

• Like 1

So its u that sits there being voyeuristic,with a draught chang for an hour

Soi Bhuokaw was devloped as an alternative to Walking Street; at least it was the plan 10 years ago.

Maybe in 10 years time it will actually be an alternative to Walking Street, once Walking Street has changed into a boulevard with on the land side some high rise hotels and on the seaside an expensive Marina and a Skytrain running along the stretch ending at Bali Hai Station.

Skytrain...now that would be something. But I'm not holding my breath.

The baht bus mafia will put a stop to any plans.

Pattaya City Council can't even overcome mafia opposition to running a decent aircon bus service around town.

• Like 1

Skytrain...now that would be something. But I'm not holding my breath.

The baht bus mafia will put a stop to any plans.

Pattaya City Council can't even overcome mafia opposition to running a decent aircon bus service around town.

Of course they have, the baht bus, loads of airtongue.png

So its u that sits there being voyeuristic,with a draught chang for an hour

Next time, say hello!

• 4 months later...

Old article owners not same, same old same old with go go bars with over priced beers and p4p, bars like triangle are the place to be. Interesting to see how many go go's survive the currency rates as they are mostly empty.

Fully agree that The Triangle stands out down there. "Buy one, get one free".

The gogo's survive because the of the girls - very expensive, 700 Baht+ barfines. The owners don't need beer swilling customers.

They finance their businesses with barfines, expensive beer and ladydrinks, and of course hundreds of thousands of tourists and expats.

Good luck to them.

700 baht ??? try 800baht and 2-4k service fee! Absurd!

Old article owners not same, same old same old with go go bars with over priced beers and p4p, bars like triangle are the place to be. Interesting to see how many go go's survive the currency rates as they are mostly empty.

Fully agree that The Triangle stands out down there. "Buy one, get one free".

The gogo's survive because the of the girls - very expensive, 700 Baht+ barfines. The owners don't need beer swilling customers.

They finance their businesses with barfines, expensive beer and ladydrinks, and of course hundreds of thousands of tourists and expats.

Good luck to them.

700 baht ??? try 800baht and 2-4k service fee! Absurd!

It's not absurd if people are paying it (and more), which they are.