Champions League

Lotusbluete

YES, Bayern Munich - FC Barcelona 4 : 0

It is hardly to believe that Bayern scored 4 times against this Spanish team that has players as Messi and others in its ranks. But Bayern dominated the match. Despite all the other news surrounding the football club (like arrest warrant against president Uli Hoeness and the - for some unpopular - transfer of Mario Goetze from Borussia Dortmund).

But the team gave the answer on the field. 4 goals should be enough to reach the final. And it ist the highest defeat for Barcelona in the Champions League. Bye, bye Barca. And congratulations to the Bayern players. Well done.

Let's hope Borussia Dortmund will do same against Real Madrid. Good luck to coach Klopp and his team.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually AC Milan also beat Barcelona 4-0 in the 1994 final. But the 1994 side would be considered far inferior to the current outfit.

The cracks were showing for Barcelona in the 1st leg last 16 against Milan and it took a masterclass from Messi in the 2nd leg to get them out of jail. Barcelona have become very predictable of late and struggle against solid well organised defences. With doubts against Messi's health and fitness I fully expected Bayern to win the tie. They are strong in all areas and brushed Juventus aside with ease. A 4-0 defeat was unexpected but even a 2-0 win as it should have been with decent officiating would have Bayern in the driving seat and I would expect them to score in the Nou Camp.

You can understand the offside goal but you have to ask what these useless Pxxcks are doing behind the goal when Muller took out Alba before the 3rd goal.

I expect Real Madrid to join Bayern in the final.

• Like 1

bayern vs who? talk about a demolition job they used a nuclear bomb,ok ther was a disputed goal but there was also a clear penalty that bayern should have had,if it had been 6-0 it could and should have been.there were a few barca.players that would have been more use in the dressing room and for a manager to keep messi on the pitch for 90 minutes when after the first half it was obvious he wasnt able to run an errand.

tonights should be a better game with real madrid not having to rely on one player score 1-3.

lets hope we dont have 2 german sides in the final,that would be boreing.

bayern vs who? talk about a demolition job they used a nuclear bomb,ok ther was a disputed goal but there was also a clear penalty that bayern should have had,if it had been 6-0 it could and should have been.there were a few barca.players that would have been more use in the dressing room and for a manager to keep messi on the pitch for 90 minutes when after the first half it was obvious he wasnt able to run an errand.

tonights should be a better game with real madrid not having to rely on one player score 1-3.

lets hope we dont have 2 german sides in the final,that would be boreing.

Both german sides play great football. It would quite possibly be a far more boring game of football (bar the el classico spectacle) watching an all spanish final with Mourinho's tactics of trying to kick lumps out of Barca

Incidentally its sure looking like another huge gamble in management by Pep Guardiola!! I would love to see him manage a team like Southampton next season so we could gauge if he really as good as he is lauded to be

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

And YES again! Borussia Dortmund - Real Madrid 4 : 1

Again a German team scored 4 goals against an inferior Spanish team. Excellent game of the Dortmund Eleven. They dominated the Spaniards in all aspects. The one goal for Real resulted from an individual mistake of Mats Hummels. Robert Lewandowski with 4 goals absolutely superior to Ronaldo (just one goal).

So it looks most likely that there will be a German final in London in May. The German club teams dominate the Champions League this year. No English team, no Italian.

Congratulations to Borussia Dortmund and coach Klopp. See you in the final against Bavaria Munich (Bayern Muenchen).

Terrific display by Dortmund and in particular Lewandowski. The 3rd goal was sensational. They will be strong favourites to go through though the away goal gives some hope to Real Madrid.

Dortmund are more than capable in scoring at the Bernabeau.

Looks like a German invasion of London.whistling.gif

wow. The German teams just overran them.

If you see the great atmospheres at those matches I think it shows how German clubs have the loudest fans in Europe.

Football can be crazy and I still think Madrid has a slim chance as they can get through with a 3-0 win. It won't be the same game in Spain but Dortmund has an obvious advantage of course.

As for Bayern, I think they are through.

another great display from a german team,wembley had better start ordering the bratwursts,pity some of the germans started to bring in some acting [last 10mins] going down clutching their face as if they had been hit with a sledgehammer.

message for klopp before you walk out onto the wembley pitch HAVE A SHAVE.

Yes, Borussia Dortmund has done it! Real Madrid - Borussia Dortmund 2 : 0

Dortmund the first German team this year in the Champions League final on 25th May in London. Extremely well done Borussia!

aaah such accurate timing Lotus.....well done to the Germans....one game to go before you invade!! tongue.pngclap2.gif

Dortmund got a bit careless towards the end and started cruising. Although it would have been a travesty they were close to being caught. Overall they were much superior to Real over the two legs and will be formidable opponents to Bayern (presumably) in the final.

I thought Ronaldo was poor....but missed chances in the first half cost Madrid dear really.

oh why did it have to end,talk about missed chances you would have thought ronaldo and and that german lewi something had been got at

roll on 1.45am.tomorrow.

Aaagh ... an all-German final.

Quick FA swap the Wembley hosting rights with the Olympiastadion Berlin, so that Wembley comes up in a few years time when English and Wesh football is back on the mend.

Yes, yes, yes! It is the expected all German European Championship final at the Wembley Stadiuml!

FC Barcelona - Bayern Munich 0 : 3 (0 : 7! on aggregate)

Bayern demolished Barca. Barca had hardly any chance. Messi did not show up at all.

The German Bundesliga dominates this year the European soccer. It will be an interesting match between the two German sides by the end of may.

As a footnote: Dortmund and Bayern will meet in the Bundesliga this Saturday, 04.05. Just a "warm-up" for the big final. This will be the first international club title for a German Team since about 12 years.

Yes, yes, yes! It is the expected all German European Championship final at the Wembley Stadiuml!

FC Barcelona - Bayern Munich 0 : 3 (0 : 7! on aggregate)

Bayern demolished Barca. Barca had hardly any chance. Messi did not show up at all.

The German Bundesliga dominates this year the European soccer. It will be an interesting match between the two German sides by the end of may.

As a footnote: Dortmund and Bayern will meet in the Bundesliga this Saturday, 04.05. Just a "warm-up" for the big final. This will be the first international club title for a German Team since about 12 years.

And well deserved it will be Lotusbluete.....congratulations to both German teams. clap2.gif

Bayern have improved out of all recognition from last season and look ominously good. They are very strong in all departments and will start as favourites for the final. At this moment in time you would have to say another 3 in a row would not be beyond them.

To have any chance in the tie Barca needed to have a fit healthy Messi available for both legs. Sensible I thought not to play him tonight and risk further injury chasing a lost cause. Their defence has been a disaster waiting to happen all season and it duly happened in both legs.

Borussia 1 Bayern 1 in the Bundesliga, like in the first round last autumn. First of 15 games back to back Bayern didn't win. 2nd game in the last seven Dortmund didn't win vs Munich.

I bet on Borussia for the final, on penalties.

Borussia 1 Bayern 1 in the Bundesliga, like in the first round last autumn. First of 15 games back to back Bayern didn't win. 2nd game in the last seven Dortmund didn't win vs Munich.

I backed an all german final and have backed Dortmund throughout. No reason to change my opinion either. I also think that Klopp is the standout european coach at the mo.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo fans and friends of the German Soccer,

the final is near. Saturday ist THE day all Germany and the rest of the Soccer world is waiting for.

Come on boys (and girls, of course!), give me your best guess about the result.

I will start with my prediction: 2 : 2 after extra time and DORTMUND (even without Goetze!) will win the penalty shoot out.

Any other guess?

the final is near. Saturday ist THE day all Germany and the rest of the Soccer world is waiting for.

I will start with my prediction: 2 : 2 after extra time and DORTMUND (even without Goetze!) will win the penalty shoot out.

Any other guess?

Sounds like a plan. Goetze is a big blow but Herr Klopp seems to know what he's doing. Dortmund give that impression of being so up for it.

Excellent sides these two and well deserving of the final

Any other guess?

Beach towels will sell out in North London other than that a 1-1 draw and Bayern to win on pens.

Any other guess?

Beach towels will sell out in North London other than that a 1-1 draw and Bayern to win on pens.

Crickey where are they playing?