Champions League

Lotusbluete

Hallo fans and friends of the German Soccer,

the final is near. Saturday ist THE day all Germany and the rest of the Soccer world is waiting for.

Come on boys (and girls, of course!), give me your best guess about the result.

I will start with my prediction: 2 : 2 after extra time and DORTMUND (even without Goetze!) will win the penalty shoot out.

Any other guess?

Beach towels will sell out in North London other than that a 1-1 draw and Bayern to win on pens.

Crickey where are they playing?

They won't sell many sausages apparently.

German press has said that English sausage is too fatty.

I couldn't possibly comment. giggle.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me put it like this: I HOPE for a 2:1 for Dortmund.

I THINK it will be 3:1 for Bayern.

...that makes it 4:3 on aggregate ...so penalties, it has to be!

Dreadful stuff...I'm going to bed until the Froch fight.

Best teams in Europe, my arse...

For those of you sitting through this dross, you'll thank me for going to bed as now it will be a 10 goal thriller...

cheers HD, no goals at halftime but it is a cracking match

Dreadful stuff...I'm going to bed until the Froch fight.

Best teams in Europe, my arse...

For those of you sitting through this dross, you'll thank me for going to bed as now it will be a 10 goal thriller...

Piss off then you boring old fart. biggrin.png

Dortmund lived very dangerously in defence all through the 2nd half when Bayern took over and were finally undone. Bayern were lucky Dante was not sent off for a 2nd yellow.

Overall a terrific game with Robben the hero.

German football looks very strong at present and the national side will be a big danger to all in the World Cup next year.

Dont like B M , more to the point as a rule of thumb its fans, but on the night as the game wore on in both half's B M finished the stronger, and looked the only winners. Dortmund could have done with some extra pace up front 2 use on the break. Anyway good entertaining game, and in general played in the right spirit.

metrosexual man love in football is getting a bit tooch, crying, kissing....handling your team mate like a long lost love.1zgarz5.gif

What macho male nonsense, absolutely Nothing wrong with a few tears and hugs,

Dortmund really missed Mario Goetze in their midfield and seemed to just run out of steam. Bayern just about deserved it in what was a very decent final.

Pep Guardiola's left himself a mountain of a task hasn't he. looks like he's heading to be the most successful unproven manager in football history. He's also got to conjure a way to fit Goetze in attacking mid.

Might as well have an extended holiday and turn up at christmas especially as Dortmund will soon be beginning their annual clear out

Edited by carmine

Dortmund really missed Mario Goetze in their midfield

They'll miss him even more next season....

I just finished watching it now after studiously avoiding the score. Super game but I could understand the anguish of the Dortmund fans and players as it seems this side will be dismantled further during the summer...

Not a patch on the boxing mind you which was sublime....

Imagine waking up from a 60 odd year coma, and finding London full of 150000 Germans.... :-O

Well done Bayern.. biggrin.png

I think if it was me who had wakened up after a 60 year old coma, i would be more concerned about the amount of Muslims than the German's.

• Like 2

I thought it was a game well worthy of a final and Bayern looked like they could be a world football powerhouse for sometime to come.Their intensity would have rolled over any current English EPL team.

• Like 1

I thought it was a game well worthy of a final and Bayern looked like they could be a world football powerhouse for sometime to come.Their intensity would have rolled over any current English EPL team.

Disagree i think the top six in the premier league would have given them a game and "could" of beaten either team.

They are both good sides "teams" but not as good as Barca were a couple of seasons ago.

But it is about opinions and i feel they were evenly matched in this final and clued up about each others games.It would of been a better final if another country were involved to see they difference.

Both teams defence are not top draw in my opinion.

agree, think that's been reflected in english teams' performances in europe this season. bayern have taken powerhouse to the next level with this side, they've got technique and brawn in spades. and they just seem so physically fit too, which probably goes back to their winter break again.

bayern winning and pep arriving gives the lovely prospect of guardiola vs mourinho in the european super cup final as well.

• Like 1

Arsenal did do them in Munich 0-2

The Champions League is just as much about luck and referees these days as we found out.

Still i feel next year the English teams will come good.

By the way just watching the Italian cup final between Roma and Lazio and this is proper shit!

0-1 Lazio 5 minutes to go

Edited by MrRed

Arsenal did do them in Munich 0-2

The Champions League is just as much about luck and referees these days as we found out.

Still i feel next year the English teams will come good.

By the way just watching the Italian cup final between Roma and Lazio and this is proper shit!

0-1 Lazio 5 minutes to go

it's not about luck and referees. unless you want to extrapolate that to united's league title wins?

german teams and spanish teams in europe are just a lot better than english teams right now. that's it.

• Like 1