infinity11

get a good Indian meal at Smor

going to need a bit more to go on

link?

location?

menu?

prices?

thanks

Smor is a resort in Takiab. It's past the middle of town going south. Just look for the sign and for a surfboard sticking up out of the ground. They have the best Indian food in the Hua Hin area imho and very good Thai food as well at reasonable prices. Seating is directly next to the beach in beautiful surroundings. Not sure if they still do it but they were having a 399? baht buffet every other Saturday evening which was a good deal for the food they put out.

• Like 1

The Sheraton is great. Low-rise, with most rooms having direct access to the huge swimming pool that winds all around the resort. Direct access to the beach and plenty of restaurants. Not eaxctly cheap, and you need to take a shuttle or taxi to get anywhere, but very relaxing and quiet.

• Like 2

We are staying at the Dusit and for the price, I can not reccomend it.

The shereton and royal cliff pattaya were both better deals and better places and quieter.

So many to choose from here, my head is spinning.

So if you are suggesting a place, it is best to know why, if you dont mind.

Thanks for ther feedback, tempted to move, maybe to shereton.

Edited by infinity11

BTW sofitel/centura quite booked up as is even the dusit.

We are also far from town, that's ok, but what excellent resorts are closer or within walking distance if any?

BTW sherton also looks booked.

I guess waiting until june next time might be better, though i thought after songkram would be OK. Maybe it is always busy here.

Edited by infinity11

The best resort in HH is Chiva Som. If cost is no object and you are focused on health you really can't go wrong there. Prices can easily exceed $1,000 USD per night. There are about 9-10 staff for every guest. But you asked for the best, and that is exactly what they provide

If you have kids the Hyatt is the best. They have a great swimming pool with a water slide that will keep your kids busy all day long while you sip Singhs.

The club rooms are good and you get access to the outdoor club lounge which serves decent evening snacks and cocktails .

There is a lovely stretch of tree lined beach north of the last two large buildings/condos up until the fishing jetty inlet.

Makes for a nice nature walk on LOW tide.

There are many very nice looking resorts around there on the north side of town.

What is the difference between north and south of town areas?

I can recommend the north beach area as stated above.

The best resort in HH is Chiva Som. If cost is no object and you are focused on health you really can't go wrong there. Prices can easily exceed $1,000 USD per night. There are about 9-10 staff for every guest. But you asked for the best, and that is exactly what they provide

Have you actually stayed there? While the staff per guest ratio is good so the service is excellent, it is the oldest resort in Hua Hin and looks every bit of it. It's in bad need of a renovation. Also, it is a health spa resort so, according to a friend of mine who was there, unless you are into totally bland, tasteless (but healthy) food, massages (real ones, no happy endings!), or group activities like yoga, don't go there.

It used to be a place where famous people went to hide out to recover from drug or alcohol addictions when Hua Hin was an undiscovered dot on the map and it is still considered a health spa, not a vacation destination. It's just an overpriced dump according to my friend.

Visit the Vineyard (can't remember the name but easily found) which is about 1 hour out of town; it has black swans (I kid you not), a good restaurant and beautiful surroundings.

We loved it.