Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

7 minutes ago, StevieH said:

this is an excellent long read, particularly for liverpool and arsenal fans, but also just for followers of the premier league in general. some really good thought-provoking stuff in it.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2017/02/brutal-british-bastardry-tough-times-for-arsenal-liverpool-and-others/

Paul is one of the best football writers around.

I'll be sure to kick back and enjoy this with a Ron Zacapa on ice this even :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah this Klopp fella has em all singing and all dancing and what a pairing at the back. Lucas what a match he had against Vardy. Technically brilliant this Klopp fella.  

What's this week's excuse?

Bit tired and rusty from a 2 week break?

1 competition to aim for and even 6th looks edgy. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

It happened a long time ago, there's obviously a lot of mistruths out there online, so where can I actually read the facts of what happened and I'm particularly interested in WHY it happened - up to the time of the incident (I don't really want to read about after the incident). Point me in the right direction please.

I will always remember it as I was travelling on the train through Sheffield to Manchester before final whistle time and was surprised by loads of scousers getting on the train clearly in a foul mood, something had obviously happened but it made good sense for me to keep quiet.

Sorry for not replying before, easiest is just to google it and go through the responses/

Edited by rott

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yeah this Klopp fella has em all singing and all dancing and what a pairing at the back. Lucas what a match he had against Vardy. Technically brilliant this Klopp fella.  

What's this week's excuse?

Bit tired and rusty from a 2 week break?

1 competition to aim for and even 6th looks edgy. 

Every single player in that team was awful and this is the same team aside one player that put Spurs away 2 weeks ago, so how do you blame the manager? 

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

we're a mess. take henderson out of the side and it all falls apart. owners need to back the manager properly. they won't though like because that's not what they are in it for.

Then I wouldn't blame Klopp if he put two fingers up at them and buggered off

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Then I wouldn't blame Klopp if he put two fingers up at them and buggered off

i wouldn't rule that out. he's not really a chequebook manager and has said as much but he is a proper football man and still needs backing properly. our owners are carpetbaggers. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i wouldn't rule that out. he's not really a chequebook manager and has said as much but he is a proper football man and still needs backing properly. our owners are carpetbaggers. 

According to the Mirror, his training regimen is causing depression among the players.

4 minutes ago, Chicog said:

According to the Mirror, his training regimen is causing depression among the players.

journalist behind that was mourinho's pet duncan castles from the daily record. he hasn't got any sources anywhere near anfield or melwood and is a prize bellend.

it's not even based on facts or reality either. loads of managers sync up training schedules with match kickoff times, it's gone on for ages.

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Every single player in that team was awful and this is the same team aside one player that put Spurs away 2 weeks ago, so how do you blame the manager? 

Same way Carragher is blaming the decisions made by Klopp and not for the first time we are seeing mistakes being made by this messiah.

What's that? 1-2 wins this year from 11 games?

Just scratching my head now but where else are these "proper football managers" doing what Klopp is doing and getting away with it? 

Feels like we got a scientist at the helm and not somebody with the ability to get his players to dig deep when it matters as should have been the case in the cup runs and crammed fixture list. 

Clearly the players are not duds if they beat spuds, fair enough the December fixtures were awful so maybe fatigue played a part but now by all scientific accounts  the players had no excuses and yet they performed very much like it was still December. 

Seriously 6th is looking out of sight based on this last 2 months and with only 1 competition to aim for it has to be deemed completely unacceptable.

He proved the team could fire on all cylinders and with so little to play for he has zero excuses for anything less than 4th.

10 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

tbh , the result is hardly a surprise, couldnt imagine a worse time to play leicester,

Same should be said for LFC after the last 2 months so I disagree with that.

But the comparison is warranted.

On one hand we have a team of journeymen with a transfer history value of way less than 80m and a caretaker boss. On the other a manager who is "world class" and has a team worth 250m.

But, it'seems where we're at is acceptable defence centre for this calamity and no blame can be apportioned to the guy that picks the team.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Same way Carragher is blaming the decisions made by Klopp and not for the first time we are seeing mistakes being made by this messiah.

What's that? 1-2 wins this year from 11 games?

Just scratching my head now but where else are these "proper football managers" doing what Klopp is doing and getting away with it? 

Feels like we got a scientist at the helm and not somebody with the ability to get his players to dig deep when it matters as should have been the case in the cup runs and crammed fixture list. 

Clearly the players are not duds if they beat spuds, fair enough the December fixtures were awful so maybe fatigue played a part but now by all scientific accounts  the players had no excuses and yet they performed very much like it was still December. 

Seriously 6th is looking out of sight based on this last 2 months and with only 1 competition to aim for it has to be deemed completely unacceptable.

He proved the team could fire on all cylinders and with so little to play for he has zero excuses for anything less than 4th.

he has the wage bill for starters. we have the 5th biggest wage bill. means we have about the 5th best squad of players. so par is finishing 5th. FSG expect him to perform above that though without giving him the resources to do so.

2 hours ago, Chicog said:

Every man and his dog has an opinion.The fact is any team, on its day, can beat any other team irrespective of their position on the table

Inconsistency ,apart from Chelsea at the moment,is in abundance.Todays pundit opinion is wrapping up tomorrows fish and chips and soon forgotten 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Every man and his dog has an opinion.The fact is any team, on its day, can beat any other team irrespective of their position on the table

Inconsistency ,apart from Chelsea at the moment,is in abundance.Todays pundit opinion is wrapping up tomorrows fish and chips and soon forgotten 

liverpool have a great record this season against the other top 6 sides. against 'better' teams we up our game. against those we're supposed to beat, we're powder puff and get bullied. it has to stop.

54 minutes ago, StevieH said:

liverpool have a great record this season against the other top 6 sides. against 'better' teams we up our game. against those we're supposed to beat, we're powder puff and get bullied. it has to stop.

the trouble is stevie, it's  disproportionatly  easier result wise more effective and ultimatly  much cheaper for those 'lower' teams to improve their defences and general orgonisation than it is to improve teams attacking ability. it's happening through out football, IMO nothing will change until managers are given some form of security ie they cant be sacked after 3 months in the job and or, say 7 loss's.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Are United not consistent them Mr Sparkles?

Klopp the messiah could be sacked if they dont finish in the top 4 and that is the reality.....i thought he had sorted the transfer commitee out!!! but scousers seem to be blaming the board again when he isnt doing his job that well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

he has the wage bill for starters. we have the 5th biggest wage bill. means we have about the 5th best squad of players. so par is finishing 5th. FSG expect him to perform above that though without giving him the resources to do so.

And yet teams with half our wage bills are the problem and the 6th most expensive wage bill is out performing all but 1 of the top 6. Given Klopp's "pedigree" he should be over achieving but he looks like he's making numerous tactical errors and the cup fiascos was nothing short of an embarrassment. 

I repeat 

Klopp believed he had a squad that was good enough to compete. He probably realises now that he doesn't.

Depth is a factor if the players aren't good enough.

We spent -9M in the summer, that's the biggest concern for me and that is down to the owners. 

If you are questioning Klopp as the manager now you're supporting the wrong team. 

At this point last season vs this season:

• Won 4 more games
  • Lost 2 less
  • Second place is only currently 4 points away from us
  • Maximum outside of top 4 after round 26 is 4 points

Terrible football yesterday but if you can't see that team of 11 players were shiiite and Klopp's options are so criminally limited then that's your issue.

People need to get a grip, there is no chance Klopp is getting sacked if we don't make top 4.

This summer will be the reckoning of Klopp and the owners.

• Like 2

I know Leicester are a physical side, but with the sacking of their manager, they were not pulling out from tackles.   Liverpool were lucky not picking up longer term injuries.  Referee could have been sharper.

17 hours ago, Somtamme said:

I know Leicester are a physical side, but with the sacking of their manager, they were not pulling out from tackles.   Liverpool were lucky not picking up longer term injuries.  Referee could have been sharper.

we're too powder puff and teams know it. we are easy to rattle and don't have anyone who will throw a reducer in on an opponent. way we were playing i wanted to see 5 or 6 yellow cards for us that second half against leicester. we lack moxy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

we're too powder puff and teams know it. we are easy to rattle and don't have anyone who will throw a reducer in on an opponent. way we were playing i wanted to see 5 or 6 yellow cards for us that second half against leicester. we lack moxy.

A lot has been said about our back four also, I believe our current best 2 CB if available are Matip and Lovren and I recall they have not started more than 3-4 games together if that in 2017. 

Its very clear now that when just one of first choice 11 is injured then the whole team seems to collapse, we are so reliant on our first 11 with a system so finally tuned to getting 110% out of each individual on the day. Certainly the lack of singings has been the biggest blow and mistake by all concerned.  However more worrying is recent public reports of players turning down moves to LVH and opting to go to BVB and other clubs...is that just wage issue or is it all the consistent lack of CL football.

• Like 2