Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Jurgen Klopp is remaining coy on his transfer plans.

"Unfortunately my English is not good enough to give 500 different answers to the same question!

"But if the transfer window had ended yesterday we already have a team I like. The transfer window is a very important time, but it’s also important what we do with the actual team.

“A few things on both sides [incoming and outgoing can still happen]. Everything leads to August 31. It’ll be a busy day, I don’t know if we will be involved.”

Even if the window shut today with PC still in the team I doubt even the most die hard of kloppites would agree with Klopp's statement.

It's comments like this that are complete BS. We tried all summer to nab naby and virgil and failed and yet he says he likes his team.  Something desperately wrong with his words here. I'm all for team spirit but I'm pretty sure even some players would be honest and state they need reinforcements. 

Everton spending - 140m

Huddersfield - 40m

Liverpool - 47m

Man utd 130+m not finished 

Man city 200m not finished

20 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Jurgen Klopp is remaining coy on his transfer plans.

"Unfortunately my English is not good enough to give 500 different answers to the same question!

"But if the transfer window had ended yesterday we already have a team I like. The transfer window is a very important time, but it’s also important what we do with the actual team.

“A few things on both sides [incoming and outgoing can still happen]. Everything leads to August 31. It’ll be a busy day, I don’t know if we will be involved.”

Sarky bleeder. That's what living in Liverpool has done to him (though he probably resides in Southport).

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

Just now, champers said:

Sarky bleeder. That's what living in Liverpool has done to him (though he probably resides in Southport).

If it is sarcasm though it's kind of cowardly I mean is he trying to say he has zero confidence in the committee and the transfer strategy?

I think he might be he certainly distances himself from the transfers and has said "he is not part of this process"

Latest bid for PC of 125 million euros rejected immediately. Great news, and I don't expect them to come back. If they do, I am confident it will be rejected again

Edited by nellyp
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, nellyp said:

Latest bid for PC of 125 million euros rejected immediately. Great news, and I don't expect them to come back. If they do, I am confident it will be rejected again

That's some serious cash though. Is he really worth keeping hold of for that much when you could have bought about 3 more players with the money to strengthen your depth? And is he going to be happy?

Just now, mrbojangles said:

That's some serious cash though. Is he really worth keeping hold of for that much when you could have bought about 3 more players with the money to strengthen your depth? And is he going to be happy?

Lad needs to be chauffeured to the Noucamp for an extra 6m I reckon. He's done great he kept us in the CL places and done well for us but 120m and say 50m from funds already there should nab us 3 top players + Lanzini. Be nice to nick that Toby fella from spurs he looks like a spice boy from the 90's with that slick. 

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think he is worth keeping as I would rather keep him this year. I think he will improve and I think we will sell him next year. I'm confident he will go for 100 million (or close) next season, and in that time we can be setting a deal for a replacement. I an ideal world i would like to buy somebody this season to bed into his role, but I am not sure that is going to happen.. I also thing performance will not be an issue as it is world cup year and the Brazil manager said he would not pick any player who was not playing regularly for his club. He even mentioned PC when he made the statement.. Our side is better with him playing (though he still doesn't excel in all the games), and if we want to get champions league next year too, we need him. Yes we can buy a player like Seri who could link up the play, but are we sure he will be off the mark straight away? We need to be strong from the get go.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We already have the cash to buy most players Mr BJ....problem is that we can't get the couple we want/need! (just yet!) :wink:...Unless we decide to go for Mbappe, there is no point in weakening the side just to get a load more cash.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wilai said:

We already have the cash to buy most players Mr BJ....problem is that we can't get the couple we want/need! (just yet!) :wink:...Unless we decide to go for Mbappe, there is no point in weakening the side just to get a load more cash.

Whilst i admire Liverpool's stance against player power, hasn't this whole saga gone too far down the line not to be damaging to Liverpool?  Cutting nose to spite face?

Regardless, it seems a few clubs are now standing up to these spoilt brats which i find very redeeming.  

Edited by carmine

Just now, carmine said:

Whilst i admire Liverpool's stance against player power, hasn't this whole saga gone too far down the line not to be damaging to Liverpool?  Cutting nose to spite face?

Regardless, it seems a few clubs are now standing up to these spoilt brats which i find very redeeming.  

Plagiarised like a pro.

59 minutes ago, wilai said:

Yeah I get you Wilai. Not much point if you can't get your target replacements

• Like 2

Barcelona's offer is laughable, 16M quid a year in 5 installments, the rest is ridiculous add-ons like winning the world player of the year,

coutinho should be pissed at them not Liverpool.

Get back to work lad they obviously don't want you that much, jokers 

• Haha 1

A win is a win, thought Roberston looked lively, Mane is worth more to us than Coutinho, Bobby Firmino's unsung work rate and popping in to number 10 late on ??. Solanke is going to be a boss striker. 

Edited by BangrakBob

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

A win is a win, thought Roberston looked lively, Mane is worth more to us than Coutinho, Bobby Firmino's unsung work rate and popping in to number 10 late on ??. Solanke is going to be a boss striker. 

Bit of a shambles though Bob.

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No I didn't see it that way at all, 3 changes in the back line, clean sheet, 3 points and key players rested for the biggest game of the last 4 years. I'm alright with that.

What gets forgotten is this team were flying, and aside a big dip in January, mostly due to injury, we finished 4 places and 17? points above the previous season. 

18 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Agree with you there Ronnie............sorry Bob but unless you get some real quality signings you are in for a hard season  :whistling:

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Agree with you there Ronnie............sorry Bob but unless you get some real quality signings you are in for a hard season  :whistling:

I'm not saying we don't need a few more players, but you obviously don't watch Liverpool much or know anything about what's going on at the club. 

3 first team players are out - and we still had quality on our bench for a change. 

The creative player our team was built around in midfield decided to go on strike 2 weeks before the season started.

We are playing 5 games in 2 weeks, players needed to be rested.

We played a patient, methodical game, rather than going hell bent and did a job reminiscent of the back end last season.

The window is still open mate. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm not saying we don't need a few more players, but you obviously don't watch Liverpool much or know anything about what's going on at the club. 

3 first team players are out - and we still had quality on our bench for a change. 

The creative player our team was built around in midfield decided to go on strike 2 weeks before the season started.

We played a patient, methodical game, rather than going hell bent and did a job reminiscent of the back end last season.

all true. thought robertson was an immediate upgrade on moreno and it's nice to have an actual left-back playing there for a change.

you're right about mane as well. barcelona are trying to sign the wrong player from liverpool. if they want to replace neymar then they need sadio mane, not coutinho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Your optimism is admirable Bob....................time will tell :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't think we'll get anywhere near either Manchester clubs this season, but you gotta have hope :wink:

Your transfer dealings have been your downfall........owners or manager to blame I don,t know :whistling: and the Coutinho saga keeps rumbling on,he,s asked to go so let him,take the ridiculous fee and let Klopp bring in some decent players that want to play for the club :thumbsup:

Just now, petermik said:

Your transfer dealings have been your downfall........owners or manager to blame I don,t know :whistling: and the Coutinho saga keeps rumbling on,he,s asked to go so let him,take the ridiculous fee and let Klopp bring in some decent players that want to play for the club :thumbsup:

The Coutinho fee is a piss take, they got paid cash upfront for Neymar and try to fob us off with 16M a year and an 80M fee is in this market. 

There is no way we will find a like for like replacement at this stage of the window, it's not possible.

I agree our transfer dealings have been abysmal, as usual, but it's magnified by what is a very strange transfer window. 

It's not the manager, and anyone who says it is has no idea what they are taking about. I honestly believe Klopp would be fuming about not having the players he need/wanted in, but he won't show this publicly. 

The owners are not putting the right people in to the right jobs, we need a proper DoF. 

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The Coutinho fee is a piss take, they got paid cash upfront for Neymar and try to fob us off with 16M a year and an 80M fee is in this market. 

There is no way we will find a like for like replacement at this stage of the window, it's not possible.

I agree our transfer dealings have been abysmal, as usual, but it's magnified by what is a very strange transfer window. 

It's not the manager, and anyone who says it is has no idea what they are taking about. I honestly believe Klopp would be fuming about not having the players he need/wanted in, but he won't show this publicly. 

The owners are not putting the right people in to the right jobs, we need a proper DoF. 

The whole DOF thing is <deleted> Bob....at Spurs Levy makes these calls...right from the top and no one else to blame if he gets it wrong which does happen but he takes it on the chin.

Just need to win more than lose as you know.

Liverpool right now is a shambles behind the scenes and I don't mean in any way the team or manager.

Not much better than the latter days of Benitez IMHO.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

I have to agree that transfers are not enough. I am happy with the 3 players we have, but there should be more. I think the idea of going for Keita and VVD was a great one, but they don't want to sell (like us with Coutinho) so not much that can be done about that. It is the waiting to see if there are backups that is killing me. There are alternatives, but can we get them, do they want to leave where they are, will they fit into our system, does Klopp want them, will there be any value/ The questions are endless, but I would be amazed if there was not somebody out there who could do a job this year while we wait to go back for the 2 main targets (if they are still up for it). Unfortunately, in this market we will be paying the same for a squad member as a first teamer. There must be upgrades on the likes of Klavan, and we don't need the box to box player that is Kieta; we just need a CM who is creative and can open up defences with a well timed or visionary through ball. an ability to dribble and defend would be a bonus. I will be happy on Sept 1st, if only because I can stop thinking about this stuff and enjoy (hopefully) my football

• Like 1