Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

3 minutes ago, nev said:

Actually it's Stockport county, not so long ago County did the double over poor little city and finished above them in the first division.

Wonder why the Arabs not buy county.

Bit like Chelsea seem to think their big derby is with Spurs but its not its with Fulham......and it get right on their titties when they're reminded of it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Ha, ha. Can't help yourself can you nev. It must be hurting like mad being second fiddle behind us ?

It was very harsh of nev mrboj after all there were some very dodgy decisions in that first game and you should really have gotten the two penalties in the return fixture.

In truth you should have been champions and won the FA Cup that season but for the absence of VAR an all....:licklips:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Bit like Chelsea seem to think their big derby is with Spurs but its not its with Fulham......and it get right on their titties when they're reminded of it

Big Second Division match that one!

1 hour ago, carmine said:

The rivalry is between Liverpool and United.  You as a City fan seemed to have entered the fray, as it were, shortly after Liverpool knocked you out of the CL last month 

And the rest of Nev's post was spot on too.

Why as a cockney (I presume you are but you might be from Hull) would you know anything about Manchester / Liverpool? What's your knowledge based upon - have you lived in the north-west? Mancunian or Scouse parent? Anything? No? Then keep out of a subject you know bugger all about na khrap!

(to even bring in to it the recent games between City and Liverpool as the background to my attitude to Liverpool/scousers  shows your complete lack of knowledge/history between the two cities)

I'm willing to play:

• So City's main rivalry is against our neighbours from outside of Manchester, in Stretford.
  • Bury, Oldham and Rochdale rarely are in the same division as City but have lots of City fans living there. Stockport is the area outside of Manchester with the most City supporters these days, but now they are semi-professional playing deep down in National League North.
  • Not so much rivalry against Bolton and little with Wigan (isn't that in liverpool?).

For anyone with an interest in football in the north-west i'd recommend reading the excellent tome 'Manchester - A Football History' by Gary James.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm willing to play:

• So City's main rivalry is against our neighbours from outside of Manchester, in Stretford.
  • Bury, Oldham and Rochdale rarely are in the same division as City but have lots of City fans living there. Stockport is the area outside of Manchester with the most City supporters these days, but now they are semi-professional playing deep down in National League North.
  • Not so much rivalry against Bolton and little with Wigan (isn't that in liverpool?).

For anyone with an interest in football in the north-west i'd recommend reading the excellent tome 'Manchester - A Football History' by Gary James.

Yes it's really funny Manchester only has one team playing there any team outside the centre itself are not welcome ?bit like saying no team play in London which is true but all the teams down their class themselves as from London, but United we are not welcome no more.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Ha, ha. Can't help yourself can you nev. It must be hurting like mad being second fiddle behind us ?

Not hurting at all lad my best years following my team was when we was shit, it must hurt you lot that most teams think of your success as hollow, it feels better when you have earnt something rather than bought it mate.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Yes it's really funny Manchester only has one team playing there any team outside the centre itself are not welcome ?bit like saying no team play in London which is true but all the teams down their class themselves as from London,

All the London teams are from London , from London, with  London postcode

3 hours ago, carmine said:

What is considered to be a Derby ?

The other Club that plays closest to you .

Why do you (erroneously)  think that Chelsea fans dont like to be reminded that Fulham are the closest other team to them, location wise ?

Can't change facts boys. Old Trafford is NOT in Manchester (it's in Greater Manchester but so is Wigan) and therefore it's around a century that Man U have not been a Manchester club - yes it does rile the reds.

After being top dog for so long, it's got to be upsetting that the noisy neighbours keep finishing higher and winning the Premier than ManU.

17 minutes ago, Alfie81 said:

Are you implying that he'd replace one of our front 3? ?

No, i'm saying he doesn't play in a midfield two or three for Lyon, generally he plays in front of the midfield three, so make up your own mind where he will play.

Anyway why are you discussing a player you haven't even bought ?

Edited by alfieconn

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can't change facts boys. Old Trafford is NOT in Manchester (it's in Greater Manchester but so is Wigan) and therefore it's around a century that Man U have not been a Manchester club - yes it does rile the reds.

After being top dog for so long, it's got to be upsetting that the noisy neighbours keep finishing higher and winning the Premier than ManU.

Yes you are the bank but it's not out of other teams grasp to compete and if success comes our way it shall be much more of a victory than yours ever will be. Someone said it recently, hollow and I understand any success you guys have had is more than you ever dreamed so you are content but on this thread I think we can smell a win soon enough, if we continue and it will be worth the wait given it will be done through hard work and determination, not financial exertion.

So take your discussions and hollow victories back to where they are relevant.

Course your a manc too your not from a Stockport postcode.  

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

All the London teams are from London , from London, with  London postcode

United has a Manchester postcode same as all London clubs, but no London club plays within the city of London, they are all part of greater London.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

No, i'm saying he doesn't play in a midfield two or three for Lyon, generally he plays in front of the midfield three, so make up your own mind where he will play.

Anyway why are you discussing a player you haven't even bought ?

Because he's close to joing LFC and the Lyon president has said he won't stand in his way if the price is right? 

1 hour ago, nev said:

United has a Manchester postcode same as all London clubs, but no London club plays within the city of London, they are all part of greater London.

The "city of London" has a population of 9 000 people and its area consists of about 1 square mile , Greater London, the other 9 000 000 people and 600 square miles is also known as London .

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The "city of London" has a population of 9 000 people and its area consists of about 1 square mile , Greater London, the other 9 000 000 people and 600 square miles is also known as London .

it's not about 1 square mile, it's literally THE square mile. 

what the <deleted> is going on in the liverpool thread here by the way?

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

it's not about 1 square mile, it's literally THE square mile. 

what the <deleted> is going on in the liverpool thread here by the way?

It is called the square mile , although the actual size is 1.12 square miles

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It is called the square mile , although the actual size is 1.12 square miles

i worked there for about 5 years and walked around it many times. it's literally a mile on each side, exactly. them romans didn't mess about with distances and measurements. decent little football pitch behind the barbican as it goes as well.

again with the what is this doing in the liverpool thread mind.

14 hours ago, Alfie81 said:

Because he's close to joing LFC and the Lyon president has said he won't stand in his way if the price is right? 

If he gets any closer to Anfield, he'll be in The Albert having a Fekirn pint:thumbsup:

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

What is considered to be a Derby ?

The other Club that plays closest to you .

Why do you (erroneously)  think that Chelsea fans dont like to be reminded that Fulham are the closest other team to them, location wise ?

I've never met one yet who talks about Fulham as their derby, so it not erroneously at all.  As did your players when asked by Ancelotti.  I'm quite correct, but, this is the Liverpool thread so we'll leave it there.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I've never met one yet who talks about Fulham as their derby, so it not erroneously at all.  As did your players when asked by Ancelotti.  I'm quite correct, but, this is the Liverpool thread so we'll leave it there.

As there are so many London teams in the Premier League (6 or so) , playing the team closest to you (in distance) isnt considering to be a big issue , its not like Liverpool or Manchester where its the red half against the blue half of the city .

The Liverpool & Manchester derbys usually have some significance between the two teams because they are both trying for a higher league position against each other and thats usually not the case between Chelsea and Fulham .

Chelsea view Fulham as being just another match and the vying for the higher league position is between Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal (To be Londons top team) .

23 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why as a cockney (I presume you are but you might be from Hull) would you know anything about Manchester / Liverpool? What's your knowledge based upon - have you lived in the north-west? Mancunian or Scouse parent? Anything? No? Then keep out of a subject you know bugger all about na khrap!

(to even bring in to it the recent games between City and Liverpool as the background to my attitude to Liverpool/scousers  shows your complete lack of knowledge/history between the two cities)

I'm not a cockney, i'm a Londoner.