Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Supposedly Suarez wants to play with Torres, so maybe he is on his way to Chelsea.... quite frankly I find the whole transfer window rather tiresome.

it's a chance for the various media outlets to go mental for a month. really there's usually very little happens. darren bent moving for £24m is an unusual one in recent times.

Apparently the bookies are making Torres odds on that he will be at the Bridge, either in January or will be in the summer! :D

If Torres has his way he will be. :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8288145/Fernando-Torres-wants-Liverpool-to-listen-to-Chelsea-offer.html

Reds agree Suarez deal

Liverpool Football Club announced this afternoon that they had agreed a fee of up to 26.5million Euros with Ajax for the transfer of Luis Suarez, subject to the completion of a medical. spacer.gif The Club have now been given permission by Ajax to discuss personal terms with the player and his representatives.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-agree-suarez-deal

:)

Suarez to Liverpool! Scores loads of goals, petulant and impulsive, a real interesting player...but a great statement of intent for LFC.

Well I think this can show to players like Torres that the club mean business and want to improve and go on and start winning trophies, again. We still have a chance for one trophy this season so lets get behind the team.

There goes the Suarez high!

Liverpool FC have confirmed that Fernando Torres has on Friday evening submitted a transfer request. The request has been rejected.

The Club said in a statement: "Fernando Torres tonight submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool.

"Fernando is under a long-term contract and the Club expects him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool FC and its supporters when he signed the agreement."

Its been rejected but im still gutted about this.

Seems fairly obvious now what is going on here. The club know they are losing Torres, which is what has spurred them on in paying a pretty high price for Suarez. They know they'll get a decent chunk of change for Torres. All this business about Suarez coming in as a statement of intent to try and persuade Torres to stay is i suspect wishful thinking. I fear you've lost him already.

What we have to enjoy now is the merry dance of the club pretending he is not for sale (right up until the eleventh hour of the transfer window), whilst bids of increasing size come in left right and centre.

I'm green over this one....but its a signing which will improve competition in the Premiership...and its quality so best of luck to the lad.....so long as he's injured for yer trip to the Lane. ;)

They've already played at ours. :)

Fernando Torres asks to leave Liverpool

_51007779_011122619-1.jpg

Liverpool have rejected a written transfer request from Spain international striker Fernando Torres.

The Anfield club have already turned down a bid from Chelsea - thought to be about £35m-40m - for the 26-year-old.

"He's under a long-term contract. We expect him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool and its fans when he signed the agreement," said the Reds.

Earlier, Liverpool announced they had agreed a deal to sign Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez from Ajax for £23m.

But Suarez's transfer did not stop Torres from asking to leave Liverpool just hours after the Ajax and the Reds confirmed a deal had been agreed for the Uruguayan.

"Fernando Torres has submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool," added the Reds statement.

More.....

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2011-01-28

Official Club statement

LFC reject Torres transfer request

Are you kidding me, Torres? Man, I am really shocked, actually. Shades of Steven Gerrard all over again, aye? But when he stayed, he stayed and moved on with it and had great seasons after. Hope it can be the same for Torres. Wow, just wow.

I know the jokes and all the words other supporters will have, but what do you think about this, LFC fans?

edit:

Didn't see Rix and Jared's comments above.

I think, it's a pretty clear stance that LFC has, to reject Torres' request and then come out with it publicly, almost to shame the player and remind him of his contract and the commitments he's made.

LFC have every right to the player, and they don't have to sell. Not at all.

I don't think he's already gone, I think it remains to be seen.

Edited by Jimjim

Official Club statement

LFC reject Torres transfer request

Are you kidding me, Torres? Man, I am really shocked, actually. Shades of Steven Gerrard all over again, aye? But when he stayed, he stayed and moved on with it and had great seasons after. Hope it can be the same for Torres. Wow, just wow.

I know the jokes and all the words other supporters will have, but what do you think about this, LFC fans?

edit:

I think, it's a pretty clear stance that LFC has, to reject Torres' request and then come out with it publicly, almost to shame the player and remind him of his contract and the commitments he's made.

Gerard is a scouser and was persuaded to stay by his father if the rumours were correct.

This bares no similarity to a Spaniard at the peak of his carrer wanting to play on the big stage and win medals. Like the club i'm sure he does, but he's just staff at the end of the day.

99% of the time i'd agree with those sentiments about the club having every right to demand a player stands by the contract that they signed. I do think though that in the case of Torres, he has already been amazingly faithful and patient with the club he obviously has genuine attachment to, and him feeling like his patience has finally expired is fairly natural and reasonable.

If the club try and force him to stay, it won't end well for either parties.

As i say, my hunch is that the club know he is going, and all these noises about holding on to him are simply part of the usual charade to try and push up his price.

Will be sorry if he does leave the Premiership. Be even sorrier if he decides his future lies at Chelsea! Surely not. Boy's got more class than that.

Gutted right now to be honest.

Not half as gutted as we'll be come monday dev. Atleast you will have Suarez . Not Torres i appreciate but a very good player. Look at the useless underachievers we will have to retain.

I am not that gutted or surprised really. I admire his loyalty to some extent that he stayed longer than he might have when things were bad. At least things are now heading in the right direction - but it will take 2 or 3 years to get back up there and Torres really cant afford to wait that long. Liverpool will do very well out of his sale.

What we dont know is what this says about FSG's ambition. Was Suarez just spending some of the cash they knew they would get eventually out of a Torres sale? Personally I do not think so. Not only does the team need more 'stars' but it needs to replace the high wage earners with little future potential. I suspect they always intended to invest an additional 100m in the squad in addition to any proceeds they would receive from player sales (inc Torres).

But we will only know better this summer.

Commercially they should sell him for Chelsea's best offer before Monday. He isn't injured, there is massive commercial pressure on both clubs to do a deal, and at a price probably higher now than in the summer.

I also don't think having big players in a team who have had transfer requests rejected is good for them or the team. Professional on the field or not, it isn't good for morale.

I can't wait to see how Suarez handles the Premiership defences and what will no doubt be defenders' open season on him to see how he reacts.

Gutted right now to be honest.

Not half as gutted as we'll be come monday dev. Atleast you will have Suarez . Not Torres i appreciate but a very good player. Look at the useless underachievers we will have to retain.

I am not that gutted or surprised really. I admire his loyalty to some extent that he stayed longer than he might have when things were bad. At least things are now heading in the right direction - but it will take 2 or 3 years to get back up there and Torres really cant afford to wait that long. Liverpool will do very well out of his sale.

What we dont know is what this says about FSG's ambition. Was Suarez just spending some of the cash they knew they would get eventually out of a Torres sale? Personally I do not think so. Not only does the team need more 'stars' but it needs to replace the high wage earners with little future potential. I suspect they always intended to invest an additional 100m in the squad in addition to any proceeds they would receive from player sales (inc Torres).

But we will only know better this summer.

Yep good post that!

- still cant help feeling pissed off with the news though...

I was so well made up with the news of Suarez late last night when it was all done- I am just praying he adapts to the EPL because if he does this guy could be special - For me hes go that - Romaria, Fowler quality in and around the box and if he can work his socks off like Tevez does then he will be a instant hit with the Kop!

I understand Chelsea were/are also after Benzema depending on the Torres deal - now I always thought Benzema shared similar traits to Torres on the pitch when he is on form. A Torres - Benzema partnership doesn't look natural, however a Suarez - Benzema partnership could be interesting!

Its not goin to happen in this wondow but would love to see -

Benzema, Suarez , N'zogbia and Adam singed. And with Torress wanting out now, we get as much as 50+ M and rebuild this team with NESV investment also! Next season it could look ok :).

No player is bigger than LFC as they say.

Commercially they should sell him for Chelsea's best offer before Monday. He isn't injured, there is massive commercial pressure on both clubs to do a deal, and at a price probably higher now than in the summer.

I also don't think having big players in a team who have had transfer requests rejected is good for them or the team. Professional on the field or not, it isn't good for morale.

I can't wait to see how Suarez handles the Premiership defences and what will no doubt be defenders' open season on him to see how he reacts.

I think it is massively difficult to estimate exactly what are the commercial pressures on Liverpool. (Obviously if they can get a price substantially higher now than in the summer then there is some pressure but that is a fairly subjective judgment.)

What I mean by that is that the Glaziers for instance are making an absolute bundle out of ManU while not 'investing', 'paying high interest' and at times taking money 'out of the club'. Their equity valuation is still rising considerably based on virtually no 'equity' investment at all. G+H tried the same strategy and lost a bundle.

FSG might for instance much have preferred to have taken their profit in a year's time on Torres so as to look good under the fair play rules. They are under more pressure to get rid of players costing 100k a week with no resale value in 2 years time.

what was that i was saying about him not being an arsehol_e? you think you know someone. . . .

he can fuc_k off but not until the summer and not for less than £70m. you want him that badly roman you pay. i'm disgusted that he's waited until three days before the transfer window closes to slap a transfer request in.

what was that i was saying about him not being an arsehol_e? you think you know someone. . . .

he can fuc_k off but not until the summer and not for less than £70m. you want him that badly roman you pay. i'm disgusted that he's waited until three days before the transfer window closes to slap a transfer request in.

This Torres saga has put a right black cloud on the Suarz deal and the recent buzz with Kenny back.

Like you said Stevie - to do this with 2 days before the window shuts!! Has similarities of what Owen did to us by jetting of to RM at the last with no chance to find a replacement.

Just wondering if hes forced to stay until the summer at least - will we still get anything out of him on the pitch such as performances he has recently put in for Kenny? Suarez - Torres would of been awesome under normal circumstances.

This will affect the teams morale now and God only knows how the fans will react when he plays at Anfield.

Silly boy - he should of just keep quiet until the summer, still have the respect of the Liverpool faithful and showed loyalty,respect and still got a move!

Karma is a bi_ch - what if Chelsea don't finish in a top 4 position :o:)

This Torres saga has put a right black cloud on the Suarz deal and the recent buzz with Kenny back.

Like you said Stevie - to do this with 2 days before the window shuts!! Has similarities of what Owen did to us by jetting of to RM at the last with no chance to find a replacement.

Just wondering if hes forced to stay until the summer at least - will we still get anything out of him on the pitch such as performances he has recently put in for Kenny? Suarez - Torres would of been awesome under normal circumstances.

This will affect the teams morale now and God only knows how the fans will react when he plays at Anfield.

Silly boy - he should of just keep quiet until the summer, still have the respect of the Liverpool faithful and showed loyalty,respect and still got a move!

You are forgetting he will walk straight into CL football, him not being cup-tied with Liverpool and all.

He'll be in the same position that he is in at Liverpuddle, but with a bigger pay cheque, but there is a good chance he will be if he moves.

Scouse fans dont seriously believe he left Madrid for the honour of playing for Liverpuddle, which is a god awful place to live its got to be said. biggrin.gif

Edited by Englander

Scouse fans dont seriously believe he left Madrid for the honour of playing for Liverpuddle, which is a god awful place to live its got to be said.

I lived in Aigburth for a couple of years and that's quite a nice place. It's got to be said ;)

I spent a weekend in Bootle once and would prefer not to comment. :lol:

Scouse fans dont seriously believe he left Madrid for the honour of playing for Liverpuddle, which is a god awful place to live its got to be said.

I lived in Aigburth for a couple of years and that's quite a nice place. It's got to be said ;)

Personally speaking id prefer Liverpool to London as London is my least favourite place on the planet, but if i was being paid 10 million a year and was in my 20s Londons got a certain draw and things to offer that nowhere else in England has.

But as someone who was born and raised in the North id sooner live in the South these days (excluding London). all the major cities in the North arent nice places to live anymore ... hence why we are all on this forum!

I spent a weekend in Bootle.

How romantic, whats his first name. ;)

Hmmm I was in Liverpool with my then girlfriend for a wedding.

Mind you if you want to discuss the gay club scene in England generally I can offer a few observances but only from a good drugs/music/fit birds perspective. :)

You do seem somewhat obsessed with this....have you considered professional help? :lol:

Edited by smokie36