Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

As a hammer I'd be happy if we signed Carroll on loan get him fit for you next season.

Yeah, should fit in well with your style of play 23.gif

Hoof and hold on for a 0-0 draw....the beautiful game returns to the Premiership....

Why do the geordies want Carroll back if they have the 2 that performed so well for them last season?

Maybe they have sold 1?

Edited by MrRed

I know that's why he went to Liverpool in the first place......they have a great sense of humour also them scousers biggrin.png

"the comedy club"

Imagine they sign him for £15m.....they will both be laughing. whistling.gif

Meanwhile the rest of us will be sniggering away....laugh.png

Joe cole says he's looking forward to working with Rodgers,http://www1.skysport...for-Reds-returnI a year playing regularly in the v technical orientated french lge, will have done him no harm, still 30, and if rodgers can get him anywhere near his earlier form, you've a got a quality prem/ player who can make a difference in a game

Edited by rijit

Joe cole says he's looking forward to working with Rodgers,http://www1.skysport...for-Reds-returnI a year playing regularly in the v technical orientated french lge, will have done him no harm, still 30, and if rodgers can get him anywhere near his earlier form, you've a got a quality prem/ player who can make a difference in a game

cole is an interesting one. it's possible that rodgers' style of football will suit him and if he can stay off the pies there might be a role for him. or perhaps a roll for him if not. he's certainly got a point to prove.

• Like 1

cole is an interesting one. it's possible that rodgers' style of football will suit him and if he can stay off the pies there might be a role for him. or perhaps a roll for him if not. he's certainly got a point to prove.

For sure he'is more than technically good enuf and after, god knows how many seasons of being half fit. this last season of regular footie will have sorted his fitness out and from what ive seen and read he's really settled down grafted and worked on himself and his game and as you say there's nothing quite like a player with a point to prove.

Oh funny story, well sort of funny, about joe cole I was in cab office that ide used occasionally in lee, south east london, and the guy's in there were having a larf about joe cole, apparently the prev day he turned up at the office in the early hours of the morning, bollack naked!!! apparently he was shagging some bird, stayed over and the ex or current b/f turned up gave him a kicking and threw him out of the flat with out a stich on, never quite made the papers in that form though. All we heard through the press was that he got beaten up and was considering legal acion against the guy!!!!, strange nothing happened though.

Earlier i said loan him out, now I say Nooooo don't loan him to Newcastle. They will be getting a player they understand well enough for him to blosom again, they finished higher than us last season, and we will be helping them add to their squad, and we are helping them finance another player by them not spending any money on another forward. To add insult to injury, they only want to pay some of his wages.

No way, sell him for 10+ million, keep him, or loan him to somebody like West ham (they are keen and could help his price rise). To be honest though, with our past record on this kind of thing we will probably loan him out to Newcastle, they will win the league, and he will score a goal that gets us relegated. Later we will finally sell him to Newcastle for 25p plus add-ons if he gets into the Martian intergalactic team to play in the Universal Cup. I can't wait for this to unfold.......not

Earlier i said loan him out, now I say Nooooo don't loan him to Newcastle. They will be getting a player they understand well enough for him to blosom again, they finished higher than us last season, and we will be helping them add to their squad, and we are helping them finance another player by them not spending any money on another forward. To add insult to injury, they only want to pay some of his wages.

No way, sell him for 10+ million, keep him, or loan him to somebody like West ham (they are keen and could help his price rise). To be honest though, with our past record on this kind of thing we will probably loan him out to Newcastle, they will win the league, and he will score a goal that gets us relegated. Later we will finally sell him to Newcastle for 25p plus add-ons if he gets into the Martian intergalactic team to play in the Universal Cup. I can't wait for this to unfold.......not

Although your owners seem rather unpredictable and certainly don't understand pemier league football i would imagine they would take advice and not loan him to Newcastle especially as the offer is derisory.

They shouldn't be loaning him out at all and if they did you would think they would want until christmas to see how Suarez and Borini pan out.

they finished higher than us last season.......

Who didn't? thumbsup.gif

If he stays at Liverpool next season I reckon, England performances notwithstanding, his confidence will be even more dented by the Borini purchase.

A lot of rumours that Liverpool have signed Dempsey from Fulham. (It is actually up on the FSG website but it might just be heroically optimistic advertising for the US tour.) 10m in all which seems incredibly steep for a 29 year old but then again he can beatbox as well as play football and they are perhaps in a rush to get him out for the tour. (And to think that Mochengladbach picked up 21 year old Luuk De Jong for 10m + 2m yesterday.)

Allen sounds less certain but more promising. No bid, no transfer request but no smoke without fire. So much for gentlemen's agreements, they need gentlemen afterall. Should fit very well into the midfield and can also act as potential back up for Lucas (which is one more key position filled) if it happens, that is.

Although your owners seem rather unpredictable and certainly don't understand pemier league football i would imagine they would take advice and not loan him to Newcastle especially as the offer is derisory.

They shouldn't be loaning him out at all and if they did you would think they would want until christmas to see how Suarez and Borini pan out.

Yep, that's about it

With andy c, liverool and rodgers are almost on a no win scenario, stay and he doesnt get a game, from rodgers reaction thats quite likely, it could be viewed as a bad decision, loan him out and he plays well, same scenario again!! I f rodgers isnt happy with him, Best thing to do, imo, take a deep breath take 12 -15 mil.and get rid. Thing thats gonna make the deal dificult is carrolls wages 60 g a week ? with 3 ? years left on his deal could be on a par with the transfer!!!!

With andy c, liverool and rodgers are almost on a no win scenario, stay and he doesnt get a game, from rodgers reaction thats quite likely, it could be viewed as a bad decision, loan him out and he plays well, same scenario again!! I f rodgers isnt happy with him, Best thing to do, imo, take a deep breath take 12 -15 mil.and get rid. Thing thats gonna make the deal dificult is carrolls wages 60 g a week ? with 3 ? years left on his deal could be on a par with the transfer!!!!

Yup. I think we are going to have to take it on the chin, and move forward (Let's blame Comolli!!!biggrin.png )

I wonder what Fenway have to say about losing all this cash? I cant see them being too happy

Penkoprod

Yup. I think we are going to have to take it on the chin, and move forward (Let's blame Comolli!!!biggrin.png )

I wonder what Fenway have to say about losing all this cash? I cant see them being too happy

Penkoprod

They can't sack everyone involved and still moan about it. I think as businessmen they'll take the loss, use the smaller amount recovered to buy a more suitable player, and move on.

Not liking that Rijit, but after the Torres saga anything can happen. And let's be honest although we are optimistic with Rodgers as usual, we haven't been in the Champions League for a few years now. A player like Skrtel could get impatient and leave. And it's not only on ESPN but I think Sky and other places as well.

This journalist says Joe Allen has agreed personal terms with LFC already, it's just up to the clubs to complete the transfer. If it happens I think it will take until after the Olympics.

https://twitter.com/johnfogartyirl

Not liking that Rijit, but after the Torres saga anything can happen. And let's be honest although we are optimistic with Rodgers as usual, we haven't been in the Champions League for a few years now. A player like Skrtel could get impatient and leave. And it's not only on ESPN but I think Sky and other places as well.

This journalist says Joe Allen has agreed personal terms with LFC already, it's just up to the clubs to complete the transfer. If it happens I think it will take until after the Olympics.

Can't see liverpool paying 20m for him 5.gif and he'll want more than 30 grand a week !

Can't see liverpool paying 20m for him 5.gif and he'll want more than 30 grand a week !

If they pay a huge transfer price then they can pay him loads more salary and say that the wages are comparitively low compaired to his transfer value. huh.png

The world according to Damien Comolli. sick.gif

If Liverpool can get 20 big ones for Caroll you could look at it like they sold Torres for 40, which is still a good deal in the long run

Thats the best take on it i've heard so far. Mindyou, they should still wait till christmas because i really don't see anyone paying 20m for him at the current time.

Can't see a final fee being anywhere near that. 15 million, tops, hopefully less.

Can't see a final fee being anywhere near that. 15 million, tops, hopefully less.

Well apparently they think he is worth as much as Henderson, so if that is the case your getting him cheap as he is a better player 4.gif i suppose you could always plead insanity and tell them you paid 10m too much for Henderson 21.gif