Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

WHU - 12 games - 1 goal - injured for 3 months.

LFC - 44 games - 6 goals - injured for 2 months?

A player who is unable to adapt to our playing style so you need to adapt the team's playing style to his limited strengths. A hinderance that could have cost us more points and slow the progression of adapting to BR's model.

I think you could have still started making the progression of adapting to BR's model. Carroll would have been a good plan B for when things weren't working. Change things around and give the opposition a different sort of threat to worry about in the last 20 minutes for example. For goodness sake, you paid over 30m for the guy, and now you are saying not that he wouldn't improve the team, but that his mere presence makes the team worse. One h3ll of a buy eh.

Maybe you are right, and we might find out if he keeps up this form and Carlton Cole keeps playing well.

Agreed it was a monumental buy, but I don't see him improving.

He might be like Torres.....Torres can only play good football for Rafa, Carroll can only play good football in a black & white shirt.

• Like 1

WHU - 12 games - 1 goal - injured for 3 months.

LFC - 44 games - 6 goals - injured for 2 months?

A player who is unable to adapt to our playing style so you need to adapt the team's playing style to his limited strengths. A hinderance that could have cost us more points and slow the progression of adapting to BR's model.

I think you could have still started making the progression of adapting to BR's model. Carroll would have been a good plan B for when things weren't working. Change things around and give the opposition a different sort of threat to worry about in the last 20 minutes for example. For goodness sake, you paid over 30m for the guy, and now you are saying not that he wouldn't improve the team, but that his mere presence makes the team worse. One h3ll of a buy eh.

I would have to agree with your last point Rix, the only positive is perhaps he will do well for West Ham and get games (outside of injuries) and we can sell and recoup some money.

• Like 1

I Dont think we were that bad to be honest, Stoke took there chances and we paid the price.

Sent from my Nexus S using Thaivisa Connect App

I think we all knew it was going to be a tough game but im getting sick of the silly mistakes we seem to make. And thought BR got the tactics wrong for this one.

Edited by Devil

I think squad depth is a bigger issue than the striker situation has been. Over thirty games played already with the europa and FA cup kicking, cold icey jan/feb weather, in it will only add more strain on the team. The younger players are already looking fatigued as to be expected and with Gerrard having to play almost every game you will not be getting the best out of him either and that withstanding an injury.

Very irresponsible of your owners to leave Rodgers in such a difficult situation. Its going to be a very long season no matter what happens in the january window.

• Like 1

I think squad depth is a bigger issue than the striker situation has been. Over thirty games played already with the europa and FA cup kicking, cold icey jan/feb weather, in it will only add more strain on the team. The younger players are already looking fatigued as to be expected and with Gerrard having to play almost every game you will not be getting the best out of him either and that withstanding an injury.

Very irresponsible of your owners to leave Rodgers in such a difficult situation. Its going to be a very long season no matter what happens in the january window.

Pressure will be on if we dont get a result against QPR.

Pressure will be on if we dont get a result against QPR.

Yes it will be but what does FSG expect. You have to assume they understand the necessities of depth being as they were already owners of Red Sox. Then you have to assume that they know about the winter weather taking its toll every year and the need to rotate.

Henry and Werner should be under pressure not the manager imo. There could be six clubs slogging out a relegation battle come february and it will be all too easy to get dragged into it.

Liverpool must not get injuries to their back four. Thats vital because Lucas looks knackered and will not be able to offer the cover he has done in the past. Agger is probably one of the top three center backs in the world right now but if he and "can't spell his name" get crocked theres only Coates as cover and he's really still one for the future.

Allen looks like he needs a rest too and so it goes on but the facts are , fatigue at this level and after so many games is to be expected and i'm sure BR would have made that very clear to the owners.

So yes, the owners should be under pressure and should be looking to make a statement in january if they are genuine and i don't for one moment think they are.

Buit still really want somebody in the box all game to poach and head in goals

You mean like Carroll? The decision to loan him out hasn't started making more sense with the passing of time, has it... although i guess now he's injured we can pretend we all knew that was going to happen...

Seems like a similar cock up with Ince. Get shot of him for a few pennies and now trying to buy him back at a ten-fold increase or something like that. Heads should be rolling surely...

No. I mean nothing of the sort. If I wanted to replace Carroll it would not have been with a similar player, i want somebody to purely score goals, not fight for the ball or be a target man. Just to pick up the pieces and squirm the ball into the net. I don't know what to make of Ince, I've not see enough to judge. Talking of heads rolling, sometimes you make me laugh my head off, or at least shake it a few timeswink.png

You were lamenting the lack of a goal scorer at Liverpool who can poach goals and head them in, i was agreeing your lack of options in this department and reiterating sentiments expressed many times before, about the stupidity of loaning out Carroll and how he is just such a player who could be doing that sort of job for the club, especially since you paid so much for him , and your reaction to this is to laugh and shake your head... hmmm... i can only imagine you must be having one of those "Liverpool way" moments...

Let's clear this up, Carroll is not the kind of player I am talking about, maybe he would have scored goals and I cannot disagree with the money spent, but he is not what we need. You seem to feel I am having a go at you, but relax mate I wasn't., But why do you insist on dragging up this Liverpool way thing again, it is this kind of thing that makes me laugh and shake my head, not the footballing comments.

To be fair Nelly the "Liverpool Way" stuff is something we all laugh at and shake our heads! biggrin.png

Yeah I know, sometimes we can make ourselves sound like idiots, preaching about something that nobody can quantify as being different to other clubs. Maybe in the past but not now. Different times, different needs.

• Like 1

Let's clear this up, Carroll is not the kind of player I am talking about, maybe he would have scored goals and I cannot disagree with the money spent, but he is not what we need.

I understand what you are saying. He's not a perfect fit for team for the direction you want to be going in. But what is it they say about beggars? I just think when you are lacking attacking options to the ridiculous extent that Liverpool is, and when you have on your books a striker who you not more then a year or two ago spent over 30m on, be him a perfect fit or not, you can't afford to have him playing somewhere else. It's madness that he is.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 1

At this point, halfway through, we are worse off than last season. Someone else can check, but I think it was 32 points to 25, now. But last season we went on a really bad run the last 19 games so hopefully we won't do that this season. The worst was 6 losses out of 7 in the league. Hopefully won't return to that!

Same up and down form so far this season compared to last. Last 6 in league is 3 wins, 3 losses.

We need to give this manager time now that he's here, though.

Been a frustrating year other than getting a trophy.

At this point, halfway through, we are worse off than last season. Someone else can check, but I think it was 32 points to 25, now. But last season we went on a really bad run the last 19 games so hopefully we won't do that this season. The worst was 6 losses out of 7 in the league. Hopefully won't return to that!

Same up and down form so far this season compared to last. Last 6 in league is 3 wins, 3 losses.

We need to give this manager time now that he's here, though.

Been a frustrating year other than getting a trophy.

The responsibility is now with the owners not the manager. You squad is weak and fatigued but the real damage to squads regards fatigue and injuries really takes its toll after the winter months. Henry has to strengthen because if you are dealt a cruel hand with injuries in jan/feb things could get very difficult.

I'm reading rumours regarding Franco Di Santo coming in....another Chelsea reject who can't even get a game at Wigansick.gif

Liverpool Football Club, 1892-2012, cause of death, skullduggery

I wouldn't worry about who is coming, I'd be more concerned at the possibility of Suarez leaving!

Agree with the comments regarding management....better than the last lot but no Merseyside lovers amongst them.

Time for you lot to buy your club....where are the unionists? biggrin.png

They are all on the dole or in Thailand without a pot to piss in biggrin.png

Agree with the comments regarding management....better than the last lot but no Merseyside lovers amongst them.

Time for you lot to buy your club....where are the unionists? biggrin.png

They are all on the dole or in Thailand without a pot to piss in biggrin.png

Tsk tsk. :lol:

I'm reading rumours regarding Franco Di Santo coming in....another Chelsea reject who can't even get a game at Wigansick.gif

Liverpool Football Club, 1892-2012, cause of death, skullduggery

I wouldn't worry about who is coming, I'd be more concerned at the possibility of Suarez leaving!

Heard City are sniffing about again

Gobby Bren has said LFC won't be buying big in January, although that useless wage-king Sturridge seems to be Liverpool-bound, (which will make me happy, to see 12 million LFC quid get wasted on him).

Thought this was an interesting article - although who let Ince go for 250K? To buy him back for 6m would be a very poor reflection on the club's wheeling and dealing.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/121230/five-transfer-bargains-liverpool-could-consider-january-188150?p=2

Anyone hazard a guess when Bren will be off? I think when Suarez hands in his transfer request at the end of the season.

Let's clear this up, Carroll is not the kind of player I am talking about, maybe he would have scored goals and I cannot disagree with the money spent, but he is not what we need.

I understand what you are saying. He's not a perfect fit for team for the direction you want to be going in. But what is it they say about beggars? I just think when you are lacking attacking options to the ridiculous extent that Liverpool is, and when you have on your books a striker who you not more then a year or two ago spent over 30m on, be him a perfect fit or not, you can't afford to have him playing somewhere else. It's madness that he is.

True enough mate