Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Getting back to footballwink.png i'm interested to know what the feeling would be like on here to an approach being made to Jurgen Klopp. I think it is fairly clear he's a step up from Rodgers, his Dortmund side plays lovely football and he doesn't need much of a budget and he's proven all this over seven years at the same club whilst losing his best players season after season.

To my mind its an interesting situation because whilst Rodgers has done ok and retaining shows continuity, you have a very bona fide reason here to replace him. Another young manager who is available and a considerable step up.

I think you should.

Getting back to footballwink.png i'm interested to know what the feeling would be like on here to an approach being made to Jurgen Klopp. I think it is fairly clear he's a step up from Rodgers, his Dortmund side plays lovely football and he doesn't need much of a budget and he's proven all this over seven years at the same club whilst losing his best players season after season.

To my mind its an interesting situation because whilst Rodgers has done ok and retaining shows continuity, you have a very bona fide reason here to replace him. Another young manager who is available and a considerable step up.

I think you should.

klopp reminds me a lot of benitez to be honest. similar age to when benitez moved to LFC, has won a couple of leagues and done well in europe at an unfashionable club where he wasn't supposed to upset the established order, has a very strong personality and his own way of doing things. i'd love us to make an approach to klopp, really like him.

that said, whether he's the sort FSG would go for, whether he'd work under their restrictive regime and whether or not we might have major competition for him in the summer would all be other matters.

I think you should.

klopp reminds me a lot of benitez to be honest. similar age to when benitez moved to LFC, has won a couple of leagues and done well in europe at an unfashionable club where he wasn't supposed to upset the established order, has a very strong personality and his own way of doing things. i'd love us to make an approach to klopp, really like him.

that said, whether he's the sort FSG would go for, whether he'd work under their restrictive regime and whether or not we might have major competition for him in the summer would all be other matters.

I don't see him being a fit for PSG, whether they would want him or not. I don't think he would heel to their regime. But i do see him as a perfect fit for Liverpool. Its such an opportunity here that needs to be taken. It would really rattle some feathers in the premier league and he's made it quite clear that he would like the challenge in our league.

Clop could build something that might start reminding you all of some rather lofty days gone by.

I think you should.

I don't see him being a fit for PSG, whether they would want him or not. I don't think he would heel to their regime. But i do see him as a perfect fit for Liverpool. Its such an opportunity here that needs to be taken. It would really rattle some feathers in the premier league and he's made it quite clear that he would like the challenge in our league.

Clop could build something that might start reminding you all of some rather lofty days gone by.

I think Stevie was referring to our owners rather than the Qatari owned French team. My apologies if you were aware of that.

I don't think Rodgers deserves to be sacked, but i'd take Kloppers tomorrow.

• Like 1

bob is correct there carmine - FSG are our somewhat carpetbagging owners, fenway sports group. i don't really trust them and so far they've not shown enough ambition to convince me otherwise. loads of worldwide nonsense marketing hook-ups, an official donuts partner in the USA and then a new stadium plan that doesn't go nearly far enough. their business model (spit, spit) won't let us attract a truly top manager at this point i don't think. same with players.

and bob, agree with your second line too. i don't think rodgers particularly deserves sacking and last season's second place finish should have bought him a season of grace. but i'd still take klopp if we could get him.

Well spotted Bob. Sorry an all that. However i think Klopps a perfect fit for your owners. They must be viewing what he did for Dortmund financially and purring. Your owners' first responsibility seems to lie with the Red Sox and when they read what he's achieved at Dortmund and on the budget used they will simply love it.

I don't think Rodgers deserves the sack either but he's simply not in Klopps league and when such an opportunity like this comes round you take it.

bob is correct there carmine - FSG are our somewhat carpetbagging owners, fenway sports group. i don't really trust them and so far they've not shown enough ambition to convince me otherwise. loads of worldwide nonsense marketing hook-ups, an official donuts partner in the USA and then a new stadium plan that doesn't go nearly far enough. their business model (spit, spit) won't let us attract a truly top manager at this point i don't think. same with players.

and bob, agree with your second line too. i don't think rodgers particularly deserves sacking and last season's second place finish should have bought him a season of grace. but i'd still take klopp if we could get him.

Yep misread that. Problem is mate, your owners are more interested in rounders than football, but they do love Liverpool's merchandise.

Henry and Werner are a pair of carpet baggers dressed in Armani suits.

Yep misread that. Problem is mate, your owners are more interested in rounders than football, but they do love Liverpool's merchandise.

oh absolutely - they give no impression of particularly caring about the club, as most evidenced by the lack of an FSG representative on the ground on merseyside. it all feels like short-term profits, loads of global marketing and merchandising deals, keep the supposed value of the club high so that they can make a big profit when selling it on - no real care or focus about becoming successful on the pitch again or winning trophies.

we got burned by a couple of american cowboys before. surprised people have been quite as trusting of these as they have so far.

oh absolutely - they give no impression of particularly caring about the club, as most evidenced by the lack of an FSG representative on the ground on merseyside. it all feels like short-term profits, loads of global marketing and merchandising deals, keep the supposed value of the club high so that they can make a big profit when selling it on - no real care or focus about becoming successful on the pitch again or winning trophies.

we got burned by a couple of american cowboys before. surprised people have been quite as trusting of these as they have so far.

Did these new owners tell Rogers to sign balotelli?

well, their ridiculous transfer committee did.

and nobody is particularly giving rodgers a free pass here james so put your daft little spoon away.

^^^^^^^^^^

I think you'll find that song was sung last time we won the league so to say you have listened to it all your life is pretty daft.

I was making reference to the point that songs are sung about each other, when not playing each other.

The song I used, was just one that I had hoped would help you remember that point.

I hope Brenda isn't sacked either, especially not for Klopp.

redrus

and nobody is particularly giving rodgers a free pass here james so put your daft little spoon away.

Haha Stevie, always the owners fault with you. Broken record more like it.

Haha Stevie, always the owners fault with you. Broken record more like it.

"nobody is giving rodgers a free pass here james".

good to have you back on the footy forum btw mate. we've been lacking a bit of inane, selective reading, nonsensical drivel. thumbsup.gif

Edited by StevieH

So are you saying that Rodgers has no say in transfers whatsoever ?

^The only song we might sing about Manchester is the one about it being 'full of sh1t'wink.png

Noted.

Ok, this has run as far as think it can. I'm certainly not getting into what IS actually sung.

So, cheers anyway.

redrus

no alfie, nobody is saying that. good attempt at one of your rapier-like closed questions though.

i'm sure the transfer committee and how it works for/against rodgers has been discussed plenty in this thread previously

no alfie, nobody is saying that. good attempt at one of your rapier-like closed questions though.

i'm sure the transfer committee and how it works for/against rodgers has been discussed plenty in this thread previously

Ok, I must be seeing things then !

Edited by alfieconn

What I don't understand is how come since Rodgers has taken over you have spent 210 million,are you lot saying he did not spend it and had no say who came in?

'kinell how many of you are gonna have a go at rehashing the same old troll question?

Very touchy today I see, I have asked a serious question I would like to know the answer too, if you not like it please don't read it and respond, and seeing you are discussing maybe changing managers, I expected a better response than being called a troll.

'kinell how many of you are gonna have a go at rehashing the same old troll question?

Very touchy today I see, I have asked a serious question I would like to know the answer too, if you not like it please don't read it and respond, and seeing you are discussing maybe changing managers, I expected a better response than being called a troll.

How would I know if I don't like a question if I never read it? & I'm a Liverpool fan on the Liverpool thread . So screw you.

I didn't call you a troll directly ,so don't be so touchy.

What I don't understand is how come since Rodgers has taken over you have spent 210 million,are you lot saying he did not spend it and had no say who came in?

Give us one quote from any of our posters who have said that.

Ok put it simple how many of your starting 11 have been Rodgers buys?