Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

First half was crap. Second half was much better, I thought Maxi looked a little lost out there but these are

the games he needs to feature in to get to grips with the English game. No complaints really apart from the

handball at the very end.

Leading up to the handball was the free kick given for SG's dive or for something on Kuyt?

First half was crap. Second half was much better, I thought Maxi looked a little lost out there but these are

the games he needs to feature in to get to grips with the English game. No complaints really apart from the

handball at the very end.

Leading up to the handball was the free kick given for SG's dive or for something on Kuyt?

I think it was given for the malicious tackle on Gerrard :) .

Free kick clearly given for the clear foul on Kuyt, and it yes it was a dive by Gerrard. No matter, even if Gerrard, two wrongs don't make a right. Clear handball, but I think Fabregas was outside of the area and it would not have been a penalty. Should have been Cesc's second yellow and red card, though. Pure nonsense not to see that handball. Rubbish.

I am wondering why Riera has been dropped of late as I thought he'd been playing well, and think he would have given us more than Maxi for this game. Maxi clearly has quality but I struggle to see why he was picked over Riera or even Aurelio unless Rafa fears both of them are still too fragile at this moment.

Free kick clearly given for the clear foul on Kuyt, and it yes it was a dive by Gerrard. No matter, even if Gerrard, two wrongs don't make a right. Clear handball, but I think Fabregas was outside of the area and it would not have been a penalty. Should have been Cesc's second yellow and red card, though. Pure nonsense not to see that handball. Rubbish.

I am wondering why Riera has been dropped of late as I thought he'd been playing well, and think he would have given us more than Maxi for this game. Maxi clearly has quality but I struggle to see why he was picked over Riera or even Aurelio unless Rafa fears both of them are still too fragile at this moment.

What does Aurelio's fragility stem from. Is he still injured?

Just been reading what the Spanish coach has been saying about Torres regarding him being fresh for the

world cup. Liverpools loss is our gain, something like that. What a tool. Didn't Torres pick an injury up from

the national team this season? He may feature in the Wigan game, that gives him about 3 months before

the world cup starts, plenty of time if you ask me. Good to see Yossi back in training.

Just been reading what the Spanish coach has been saying about Torres regarding him being fresh for the

world cup. Liverpools loss is our gain, something like that. What a tool. Didn't Torres pick an injury up from

the national team this season? He may feature in the Wigan game, that gives him about 3 months before

the world cup starts, plenty of time if you ask me. Good to see Yossi back in training.

every time torres goes away with spain he comes back with an injury, it's infuriating. but the number of injuries we've had this season does make me wonder if we're doing something wrong at melwood too. this season's injuries can't just be bad luck surely?

every time torres goes away with spain he comes back with an injury, it's infuriating. but the number of injuries we've had this season does make me wonder if we're doing something wrong at melwood too. this season's injuries can't just be bad luck surely?

I tend to agree stevie, the number of groin / hamstring injuries seems higher than normal or maybe just more big name players getting them so we notice more.

Here is some good news for Liverpool fans, cant help but think its a bit of a conspiracy if true as Man City over the long term look to have more pulling power.

IMHO awarding 1 spot to the fA cup and one place for a playoff between the clubs in 3rd 4th and 5th would be better.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_5950993,00.html

The Premier League could be ready to introduce a play-off for the fourth UEFA Champions League berth.

At present, the leading four clubs in England's elite division are handed a place at Europe's top table, either in the main draw of through the qualifying stages.

A proposal is believed to have been raised at a meeting of the 20 Premier League clubs which would see the top three progressing, with the teams finishing fourth to seventh then meeting to determine who would take the fourth spot.

Such a move could inject more competition into the league as the same quartet - Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea - have filled the top four positions in five of the past six seasons.

Only Everton, in 2005, have broken their stranglehold, although the race for fourth this term is currently a tight affair with Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa all in contention.

The Premier League have not commented directly on the matter, and any rule change would not come into effect until next season at the earliest.

Ideas

A spokesman said: "We look at all sorts of ideas and rarely make comment until we have decided something definitely."

If the proposal was to be voted on at any stage in the future, a 14-6 majority could be enough to see it implemented.

The idea may not be favoured by the established 'big four', who would obviously have the most to lose, but the idea is thought to have been enthusiastically greeted by some clubs.

There are other factors which would have to be considered, however, such as how the play-offs might lengthen the season and how they could be fitted into the calendar. Determining Europa League qualification is an added complication.

A satisfactory format would also have to be devised. Some might argue a Football League-style home and away play-off might not be appropriate to settle what is basically fourth place.

One spin-off effect could be that the matches fill the void left by the failure of the 'Game 39' proposal, and they would certainly generate television interest.

But again, it would have to be decided if that was the best route to take

One big money grab.

Dont fix what is not broken.

Ofcourse its broken, its well and truly in pieces, thats why 4 teams have all the money and make the league a joke and not at all competitive, and why a massive club like ManCity have to rely on some mysterious Arabs to be able to compete.

One big money grab.

Ofcourse its broken, its well and truly in pieces, thats why 4 teams have all the money and make the league a joke and not at all competitive, and why a massive club like ManCity have to rely on some mysterious Arabs to be able to compete.

4 big teams have all the money?

1. Chelsea -check

2. Arsenal - check

3. Man United - check (but massive debts too)

4. Tottenham?

Man City?

Everton?

Villa?

Liverpool?

Which club is the fourth big one with money? :)

(an enjoyable thousandth post for me!)

Edited by sharecropper

One big money grab.

www.transferleague.co.uk

I beg to differ.

Top 5 spending clubs since premier league began.

1 chelsea

2 man city

3 liverpool

4 tottenam

5 aston villa

now only chelsea have bought success.

And rafa has spent close to 250,000,000 quid,and still a average team.

One big money grab.

www.transferleague.co.uk

I beg to differ.

Top 5 spending clubs since premier league began.

1 chelsea

2 man city

3 liverpool

4 tottenam

5 aston villa

now only chelsea have bought success.

And rafa has spent close to 250,000,000 quid,and still a average team.

Ive not clicked that link as im off out but Man Uor Chelsea will be top, then Liverpool followed by probably Man City, Newcastle and Spurs ... Deadly Doug was very good for Villa and despite spending a bit in the last few years havent spent much in the last 15. (just looked at it and its just numbers no break down so its guess work)

But back to my original point, you cant be much of a football man to think that the Champions League has been good for English football in terms of the competition at the top which is non existant and needs a big club like Man City to get a sugardaddy to come along to enable them to break into it ..... and more so what might interest you if youre an England fan which ive no doubt youll claim to be this summer in that clubs have gone abroad looking for the best global talent almost totally ignoring the best English youngsters who as Jamie Carragher recently correctly put it, need to be good enough for Champions League football right away if they want to get a game. 4 years from now you this is going to hit fully IMHO.

But if you think the Champions League is good for English football, youll agree that leveraging to buy clubs and clubs getting into huge debt must also be a good idea as this is pretty much the only way they can compete as they cant keep hold of their best players long enough to build a team to compete .. purely down to the unfair advantage the Champions League money brings.

Edited by whichschool

don't know about favourites given our injuries and general form this season. there are still some good teams in it, wolfsburg, benfica, hamburg, rubin kazan, roma, marseille.

it's actually quite a pleasant change to play some teams we don't know inside out as it goes.

don't know about favourites given our injuries and general form this season. there are still some good teams in it, wolfsburg, benfica, hamburg, rubin kazan, roma, marseille.

it's actually quite a pleasant change to play some teams we don't know inside out as it goes.

I think that you would rather be playing teams that you know though really?? :D

The good teams are in the Champions lg lol

I hope you do well in the competition,it will keep rafa there :)

Edited by NADTATIDA1

would've thought a blue would know not to link to that fuc_king rag in a liverpool thread sharecropper. shame on you.

Sorry about that. Not uppermost in my mind but you are right, and having lost one of my best mates there I should have been more aware. I will try to get it removed.

Better news of a wider unhappiness at Man City in this - http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manch...icle326991.html

would've thought a blue would know not to link to that fuc_king rag in a liverpool thread sharecropper. shame on you.

Sorry about that. Not uppermost in my mind but you are right, and having lost one of my best mates there I should have been more aware. I will try to get it removed.

Better news of a wider unhappiness at Man City in this - http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manch...icle326991.html

cheers fella.

yeah, times is reporting that bellamy has had a flaming row with mancini who has ordered the baity little welshman to stay away from the club. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle7033109.ece

Unirea sounds like a painful STD. :)

yea but it doesn't discriminate - anyone can take the piss mate.

Come again mate?

sorry mate will make it more less cloudy for you

Uni = universal

Rea = piss

taking it = now

:D

Nah, still pretty cloudy.

Tell you what, I'll come back to it around midnight when i've addled myself suitably. Things usually make more sense by then... :D