Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

One good thing about Roy was the Meireles signing thats it. Why would the fans not want to share there feelings? They pay the money so they have every right.

If our fans didn't share there emotions it would be us that would be playing in the championship next season. Who would be laughing then?

Roy had the support until he started making <deleted> signings,slaggin the fans off and not backing the players. Yes, most of us got what we wanted in the Kenny

appointment and we're far better off for it too.

Great result last night. Happy days.

One good thing about Roy was the Meireles signing thats it. Why would the fans not want to share there feelings? They pay the money so they have every right.

If our fans didn't share there emotions it would be us that would be playing in the championship next season. Who would be laughing then?

Roy had the support until he started making <deleted> signings,slaggin the fans off and not backing the players. Yes, most of us got what we wanted in the Kenny

He was not given any credit i am aware of of for Meireles and as to the rest of your post, i agree with singher, says it all and i rest my case. :rolleyes:

He was not given any credit i am aware of of for Meireles and as to the rest of your post, i agree with singher, says it all and i rest my case. :rolleyes:

Did Roy not sign Meireles? Has he not turned out to be a good buy?

Oh yeah I forgot the case has been rested.

Did Roy not sign Meireles? Has he not turned out to be a good buy?

Oh yeah I forgot the case has been rested.

Wake up and get with the programme. He was lambasted on thread for not playing the guy in his best postion or something like that....not that i think his best position at that stage had even been decided on at that stage.

By the way, it also appears that your new owners are'nt exactly singing from the same song sheet as this thread when it comes to opinions on Rafa and his "contribution" to the depth of your squad. :o

But then again

Wake up and get with the programme. He was lambasted on thread for not playing the guy in his best postion or something like that....not that i think his best position at that stage had even been decided on at that stage.

By the way, it also appears that your new owners are'nt exactly singing from the same song sheet as this thread when it comes to opinions on Rafa and his "contribution" to the depth of your squad. :o

But then again

Oh gee now you want to change the thread from a 'Hodgson love in' to a 'Rafa is not God' argument. They are both water under the bridge.

Anyhow we just beat City 3-0 and we nobbled their best striker. What more can your lot ask for?

But then again

Oh gee now you want to change the thread from a 'Hodgson love in' to a 'Rafa is not God' argument. They are both water under the bridge.

Anyhow we just beat City 3-0 and we nobbled their best striker. What more can your lot ask for?

In the first sentence you sound like a child. :rolleyes: For the record i'd be mortified if Roy took over at the Lane. But i am a great believer in human decency, something that your fans were sadly lacking in during Roys tenure. Secondly i am well aware of the enormous affection held on this thread for Rafa, even if he did hold the club to an huge pay off on his contract. And why not, he was'nt a fan (incase any of you were'nt aware) he was an employee. Strange though that Liverpool fans seem the only ones in the country not to see his shortcomings, although it appears your owners do.

The second line of your post i like a lot. You played very well. And thanks for knobbling their #1 dwarf. :D

Edited by carmine

3-0 :)

Some great individual efforts last night - Lucas,Spearing, Meireles bossed the midfield and the energy of Kuyt and Surez .

Signs Carroll will start to pay of his large price tag ;)

We killed em within the first 35mins, we really did and controlled it from there on.

How about young Flanagan then solid performance - well happy for the lad!

I thought Liverpool looked superb last night, first half especially..

I also thought it was easily the worst i've seen City play all Season, after what was probably their best performance against Sunderland, weird..

Spearing had his bets Game in a Liverpool Shirt, i thought Suarez did too without scoring, Carroll's left Foot is something that i love ( he strikes the Ball cleaner than anyone i can remember at times ) & the Kid who looked even more Scouse than your average steretypical Scouser, was superb too..

I thought Liverpool looked superb last night, first half especially..

I also thought it was easily the worst i've seen City play all Season, after what was probably their best performance against Sunderland, weird..

Spearing had his bets Game in a Liverpool Shirt, i thought Suarez did too without scoring, Carroll's left Foot is something that i love ( he strikes the Ball cleaner than anyone i can remember at times ) & the Kid who looked even more Scouse than your average steretypical Scouser, was superb too..

:D yep three Scousers on the pitch last night!

City obviously had one eye on the Fa Cup game, they have always struggled away at Liverpool.

The Tevez injury is a blow for them and a few peoples Fantasy League teams :whistling:

But then again

Wake up, what are you on about, because a few lads have mentioned he was played out of position, that makes him a bad player? I don't think so.

When are you lot going to accept that we as Liverpool fans voiced our opinions and they didn't fall on deaf ears this time. Deal with it.

Lovin Kenny being in the hot seat.

Posted Yesterday, 12:40

Devil, on 2011-04-11 12:30:54, said:

BIGTOE3, on 2011-04-11 12:24:23, said:

I don't always agree with Sing, but I think you are misreading his post.

He agrees with you which in its self is hard to believe but is true.

Hope Liverpool win 2-1 tonight.

BT

Singh agreeing with me... oh right must of missed that then, ok my bad then

If you did Dev you must have missed it many, many times..

Be fair Dev..

I hope Man City win 8-0 tonight with my Dream Team Captain Carlitos, scoring all 8 but i hope Liverpool finish 5th & go unbeaten winning 4-0 in each of their last 6 Games after this, with Carroll & Suarez getting a brace each, in each..

True that is..

Well I am happy to see that none of your wishes came true Sing. :D Your Captain left the field nice and early so that must have hurt your dream team too :P

Okay not 2-1 but 3-0 even better with Carroll scoring twice and he IS in my Dream team :D

BT :jap:

Well I am happy to see that none of your wishes came true Sing. :D Your Captain left the field nice and early so that must have hurt your dream team too :P

Okay not 2-1 but 3-0 even better with Carroll scoring twice and he IS in my Dream team :D

BT :jap:

Liverpool might win all their Games 4-0 with Suarez & Caroll both getting braces so i live in hope..:D

Worst week EVER for my Dream Team this week, may be costly too..:angry:

Drastic changes to be made..

Nice result chaps. Look forward to watching the game in an hour or 2 on True Sports. Virtually guarantees the Arse 3rd spot at least (we have to cling on to whatever small crumbs we can!).

Looking at the final run in fixtures of the top 6 sides, Chelsea look to have the easiest programme. I would not be surprised if they overhaul us. Tottenham have the most difficult programme of the 6 - you guys have a decent chance of sneaking that Europa League spot.

No - I'm not a Spurs basher and acknowledge they may well do the double over us this season. I used to quite like Spurs way back when I was a Northern teams supporter, but then most of us used to like Spurs and West Ham - they played attractive football and you could invariably get 2 points out of them (pre 3 pointer days). :rolleyes:. For the converse reason we used to dislike Chelsea and Arsenal intensly!

No - I'm not a Spurs basher and acknowledge they may well do the double over us this season. I used to quite like Spurs way back when I was a Northern teams supporter, but then most of us used to like Spurs and West Ham - they played attractive football and you could invariably get 2 points out of them (pre 3 pointer days). :rolleyes:. For the converse reason we used to dislike Chelsea and Arsenal intensly!

I've never known a Post to be at such opposite end of the spectrum than this, with regards to where my way of thinking is.. :D

Edited by MSingh

Nice result chaps. Look forward to watching the game in an hour or 2 on True Sports. Virtually guarantees the Arse 3rd spot at least (we have to cling on to whatever small crumbs we can!).

Looking at the final run in fixtures of the top 6 sides, Chelsea look to have the easiest programme. I would not be surprised if they overhaul us. Tottenham have the most difficult programme of the 6 - you guys have a decent chance of sneaking that Europa League spot.

Sunday will be a cracker against the Gunners.

Hoping for a couple of dodgy back passes from the lads in absence of the Captain to help Arsenal get 3 points nearer Manure !

- just joking of course... honestly :D

Sunday will be a cracker against the Gunners.

Hoping for a couple of dodgy back passes from the lads in absence of the Captain to help Arsenal get 3 points nearer Manure !

Good luck on sunday lads the red 80% of manchester will be rooting for you on saturday :lol:

- just joking of course... honestly :D

My first wife, a Londoner, always maintained it was a much greater culture shock to come and live in Leeds than it was to move to Houston Texas. I understood entirely!

Yep, i know how she feels..

When i first went up North i thought i was in a time Machine..

Any London Girl marrying someone from Leeds, especially then, wasn't probably the full Ticket anyway Santi so you should be glad you're rid of her..;)

Forums picking up rumors that Andre Villas-Boas has signed a pre-contract agreement with LFC

Hahaha thta's the one that T*ttingham were supposedly getting when Redknapp got the England Job, guess they'll have to settle for Joe Jordan..:D

http://www.caughtoff...or-next-season/

He's a good Manager this Fella looking at Porto this Season although he'd be a HUGE gamble after only Managing at anything even reminiscent of a decent level, for not even a Year yet..

He simply does NOT have a CV.

Beggars the question why a stand in Manager would be allowed to spend the Torres $$ plus another 8m ( was it 8m ? ) though me thinks..

Edited by MSingh

Forums picking up rumors that Andre Villas-Boas has signed a pre-contract agreement with LFC

Hahaha thta's the one that T*ttingham were supposedly getting when Redknapp got the England Job, guess they'll have to settle for Joe Jordan..:D

Link says it is a report from Gazzetta Dello Sport but there is no such report in the newspaper.

Suspect it is just another internet rumor. He does fit the FSG profile - they made Theo Epstein General Manager of the Red Sox at 28 and Villas-Boas record at Porto (who are leading the Liga by 20 points) is pretty extraordinary.

I think it would be a very brave decision not to appoint KD as manager. I think it is about time they cleared the matter up one way or another.

Link says it is a report from Gazzetta Dello Sport but there is no such report in the newspaper.

Suspect it is just another internet rumor. He does fit the FSG profile - they made Theo Epstein General Manager of the Red Sox at 28 and Villas-Boas record at Porto (who are leading the Liga by 20 points) is pretty extraordinary.

I think it would be a very brave decision not to appoint KD as manager. I think it is about time they cleared the matter up one way or another.

Agreed Abrak

Nope, i can't find the Report anywhere on the GDS Webpage either..

Strange, not sure why an Italian Newspaper would run it/break it anyway to be honest..

My first wife, a Londoner, always maintained it was a much greater culture shock to come and live in Leeds than it was to move to Houston Texas. I understood entirely!

Any London Girl marrying someone from Leeds, especially then, wasn't probably the full Ticket anyway Santi so you should be glad you're rid of her..;)

She died, actually Singh

Very tempting to leave it at that and let you suffer from a dumb schmuk comment, but I'll let you off the hook. We were still married when she died, but we had been separated for 10 years :rolleyes:

She died, actually Singh

Very tempting to leave it at that and let you suffer from a dumb schmuk comment, but I'll let you off the hook. We were still married when she died, but we had been separated for 10 years :rolleyes:

Oh well, happens to us all in the end..

RIP Santi's Ex Missus.

- The squad yet again is questioned time and again. Yet we have a core of quality in this squad

I have highlighted our weak areas in the starting x11. I believe we are missing 3-4 quality signings (60+ million quid)

Reina

Johnson ?? Agger ??

Lucas

Gerrard Meireles

Suarez ??

Carroll

Bench - Kuyt, Kelly...

And given we wont be in Europe will depth be a big factor now? note sure about that. Signs that there is talented youth coming through already with the likes of Kelly, Wilson and Spearing as squad players who have all performed well when thrown in.

The only question for me that remains is how much will the owners invest this season and who we can attract.

I agree with your core 7 players but 3 or 4 quality signings would only give a fairly bare minimum team. It is ok I guess but I dont think you could call it a competitive squad against any of the top 4 teams (not even Tottenham really). And remember they are going to be busy in the summer too. (You only need look at our backline tomorrow and you have to think we cant be serious playing against Man City.)

There has to be some depth in the 1st team - Agger is made of glass and Gerrard is unlikely to give us an injury free season. Without Europe we probably dont need a full 25 squad of 1st teams and the likes of Spearing Shelvey and Wilson can be back up. I still think we need a squad of 18 1st team footballers.

11 top players and 7 on the bench. You could possibly add Carragher to Kelly and Kuyt. Still that really means that the club needs 8 players. Maybe 4 quality players and 4 decent team players (say the likes of Charlie Adam.)

I think we will be able to recruit some quality because there are plenty of places that a player can walk straight into on the team.

Still this will require a lot of money. Even if FSG put up the money, they cant afford (unlike Man City and Chelsea) to buy many duds. There also seems little point to me in strengthening the team half way so that we likely end up 5th or 6th. There is a very large void between 5th and 7th. Remember that Sunderland were 6th when KD was appointed and they now look like relegation material. You cant have a CL teams cost structure without having the benefit of regularly playing in the CL.

There is plenty of deadwood to be got rid of .....Paulsen, Ngog, Konchesky, Soto, Jovanovic, Cole, Pacheco, Skrtel, Aquilani...etc....

Yep your right teams above us will also strengthen their squads of course... heard Spurs have some financial problems, might even be selling Bail :)

Would be very happy with 3-4 top quality signings and a few other squad players as you say - Will be an interesting summer chance for the owners to really prove themselves!

Reina might stay, but if someone comes in with a big enough bid for him I think Dalglish will let him go. The money he would get + any other monies from sales and what the owners put in would allow him to re-build a quality side. Selling Torres for 50 mil and buying Carroll and Suarez was excellent business. Carroll is only 21 and will get better, he's built like a brick <deleted> house and I think he has the ability to scare most defences. Liverpool now need a really good left sided player (and another) who can provide really good crosses for him. If I were Dalglish and I had money to spend I would try and buy Downing and Young. Downing an excellent crosser of the ball and a first class utility player. Young also crosses well, can take on defences and can play anywhere n the forward line.

Edited by Tecumseh

- The squad yet again is questioned time and again. Yet we have a core of quality in this squad

I have highlighted our weak areas in the starting x11. I believe we are missing 3-4 quality signings (60+ million quid)

Reina

Johnson ?? Agger ??

Lucas

Gerrard Meireles

Suarez ??

Carroll

Bench - Kuyt, Kelly...

And given we wont be in Europe will depth be a big factor now? note sure about that. Signs that there is talented youth coming through already with the likes of Kelly, Wilson and Spearing as squad players who have all performed well when thrown in.

The only question for me that remains is how much will the owners invest this season and who we can attract.

I agree with your core 7 players but 3 or 4 quality signings would only give a fairly bare minimum team. It is ok I guess but I dont think you could call it a competitive squad against any of the top 4 teams (not even Tottenham really). And remember they are going to be busy in the summer too. (You only need look at our backline tomorrow and you have to think we cant be serious playing against Man City.)

There has to be some depth in the 1st team - Agger is made of glass and Gerrard is unlikely to give us an injury free season. Without Europe we probably dont need a full 25 squad of 1st teams and the likes of Spearing Shelvey and Wilson can be back up. I still think we need a squad of 18 1st team footballers.

11 top players and 7 on the bench. You could possibly add Carragher to Kelly and Kuyt. Still that really means that the club needs 8 players. Maybe 4 quality players and 4 decent team players (say the likes of Charlie Adam.)

I think we will be able to recruit some quality because there are plenty of places that a player can walk straight into on the team.

Still this will require a lot of money. Even if FSG put up the money, they cant afford (unlike Man City and Chelsea) to buy many duds. There also seems little point to me in strengthening the team half way so that we likely end up 5th or 6th. There is a very large void between 5th and 7th. Remember that Sunderland were 6th when KD was appointed and they now look like relegation material. You cant have a CL teams cost structure without having the benefit of regularly playing in the CL.

There is plenty of deadwood to be got rid of .....Paulsen, Ngog, Konchesky, Soto, Jovanovic, Cole, Pacheco, Skrtel, Aquilani...etc....

Yep your right teams above us will also strengthen their squads of course... heard Spurs have some financial problems, might even be selling Bail :)

Would be very happy with 3-4 top quality signings and a few other squad players as you say - Will be an interesting summer chance for the owners to really prove themselves!

Reina might stay, but if someone comes in with a big enough bid for him I think Dalglish will let him go. The money he would get + any other monies from sales and what the owners put in would allow him to re-build a quality side. Selling Torres for 50 mil and buying Carroll and Suarez was excellent business. Carroll is only 21 and will get better, he's built like a brick <deleted> house and I think he has the ability to scare most defences. Liverpool now need a really good left sided player (and another) who can provide really good crosses for him. If I were Dalglish and I had money to spend I would try and buy Downing and Young. Downing an excellent crosser of the ball and a first class utility player. Young also crosses well, can take on defences and can play anywhere n the forward line.

Downing and Young....two of the most overated players in the league imho.

Don't want to be pedantic but he was 22 in January, he will however get better like you say, if he has the Brain to sort his obviouss drinking problem out, which i'm not particulary hopeful of given the general intelligence of Geordies, especially one's with money..

But i hope he does, for England's sake..