Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Don't seem to be able to reply to the posts above?

Anyway regarding Carmine and Tecumseh posts/points -

I think Downing is also a bit overrated Carmine but isn't that case for most young English players of late, except Andy Carroll of course biggrin.gif

If we got Young however I wouldn't be disappointed! I cant see him coming cheap though thats the problem. I still like Wigans Nzogbia and could be the better buy.

Tecumseh mentions we should cash in on Reina if a offer comes in and using that to strengthen the squad - I don't agree with that at all! - it would do nothing but significantly weaken the squad,you cant replace Keepers of that quality and hes been worth more than x10 strikers this season. LFC have to do everything in its power to keep him - the only question is if we can keep him but we must try.

Recently Phil Thompson slipped up on Norwegian TV by saying Newcastle's LB Jose Enrique is a done deal. I do think Enrique could be a perfect fit for the LB position he has looked both a very exciting player going forward and has showed he can be a solid defender this season.

Edited by Devil

I think Downing is also a bit overrated Carmine but isn't that case for most young English players of late, except Andy Carroll of course

If we got Young however I wouldn't be disappointed! I cant see him coming cheap though thats the problem. I still like Wigans Nzogbia and could be the better buy.

Tecumseh mentions we should cash in on Reina if a offer comes in and using that to strengthen the squad - I don't agree with that at all! - it would do nothing but significantly weaken the squad,you cant replace Keepers of that quality and hes been worth more than x10 strikers this season. LFC have to do everything in its power to keep him - the only question is if we can keep him but we must try.

Recently Phil Thompson slipped up on Norwegian TV by saying Newcastle's LB Jose Enrique is a done deal. I do think Enrique could be a perfect fit for the LB position he has looked both a very exciting player going forward and has showed he can be a solid defender this season.

Totally agree with you about Reina.. I have'nt seen that much of Jose Enrique tbh so i cant comment. I am not saying for one moment that Young is poor but i am if you like, compairing his ability to Villa's valuation. One thing for sure is, he's really quick.

I too think that Carroll has talent. He was outstanding the other night. He's possibly the best English prospect at the moment but you paid a ludicrous some of money for him. We all know the potential thats there but 35m in my view was a wild gamble. My main concern about him would be as someone else said, his ability to handle a professional lifestyle outside of the game and that looks very ominous.

Either way, Suarez was a great buy, looks really sharp, and i'm still seething Redknapp walked away from a deal.

I've edited to say that main real concerns with Carroll would be that heis personality seems too be cross between Gazza and Joey Barton but unfortunately without Gazza's talent.

Edited by carmine

I think Downing is also a bit overrated Carmine but isn't that case for most young English players of late, except Andy Carroll of course

Totally agree with you about Reina.. I have'nt seen that much of Jose Enrique tbh so i cant comment. I am not saying for one moment that Young is poor but i am if you like, compairing his ability to Villa's valuation. One thing for sure is, he's really quick.

I too think that Carroll has talent. He was outstanding the other night. He's possibly the best English prospect at the moment but you paid a ludicrous some of money for him. We all know the potential thats there but 35m in my view was a wild gamble. My main concern about him would be as someone else said, his ability to handle a professional lifestyle outside of the game and that looks very ominous.

Either way, Suarez was a great buy, looks really sharp, and i'm still seething Redknapp walked away from a deal.

I've edited to say that main real concerns with Carroll would be that heis personality seems too be cross between Gazza and Joey Barton but unfortunately without Gazza's talent.

Jose Enrique - thats what Youtube is for Cramine tells you all you need to know about a player in a few miuntes biggrin.gif

Wait a minute Carmine. You were the one who said that Carroll was only playing for England because he had a large 'price tag'. (I guess that rules out Bent too.) Which means that one of your guys - Defoe or Crouch - should be playing for England. Based on this season, I am not sure either should be playing for Tottenham let alone England.

As for Reina. I simply believe that a 'cheap' GK is a false economy. The idea that you could sell Reina for 20m, buy a replacement for 5m and spend the balance productively on say the backline must be crap. If Liverpool have to sell Reina which I think is likely they would do well to reinvest the proceeds to get a GK of equal quality.

My view is that Spurs seriously dropped the ball in the January window. There were 3 teams going for 2 CL places. Spurs needed a striker the other two didnt. The other two bought and Spurs didnt. One of the advantages of the Carroll 'outrageous bid' is that it made a marker for LFC. Now people believe that they are serious about getting into the CL. Spurs are sort of hinting that they are not prepared to splash out when qualification was on a knife edge.

That is why the 'internet rumor mill' has Spurs selling Bale and Liverpool as one of the potential buyers. (It is rubbish of course.) It seems that FSG has done a good job of convincing people that we belong in the CL fight while Spurs have hinted they are not quite sure they have the money to compete.

As i am sure you will appreciate Dev i do have other things to do and my interest in your clubs player acquisitions holds only a limited amount of interest to me. :D

As ever with this thread, if you lot are happy then i'm happy. :jap:

My view is that Spurs seriously dropped the ball in the January window. There were 3 teams going for 2 CL places. Spurs needed a striker the other two didnt. The other two bought and Spurs didnt. One of the advantages of the Carroll 'outrageous bid' is that it made a marker for LFC. Now people believe that they are serious about getting into the CL.

3 Teams going for 2 places ??

Whoe were they then, in January like you say ??

T*ttingham, City & i can't think of who the othe rone is/was at all..

It can't be Liverpool as they were 5 Points off the Relegation places in January..:rolleyes:

& that for the record is THE worst excuse i've EVER heard for spending 35m on Andy Carroll..

My view is that Spurs seriously dropped the ball in the January window. There were 3 teams going for 2 CL places. Spurs needed a striker the other two didnt. The other two bought and Spurs didnt. One of the advantages of the Carroll 'outrageous bid' is that it made a marker for LFC. Now people believe that they are serious about getting into the CL.

It can't be Liverpool as they were 5 Points off the Relegation places in January..:rolleyes:

& that for the record is THE worst excuse i've EVER heard for spending 35m on Andy Carroll..

The real reason for the 35m spend was a plonker from France. :D

Chelsea Singh. They were 4th at the time and playing very badly. Actually during January they were 5th at one stage. They were never higher than 4th in January.

Sunderland were 6th for the record. Chelsea bought Torres and Man City bought Dzeko. Clearer now?

If you look at the PPG the 3 were pretty much equal. Arsenal were already guaranteed pretty much 70 points.

Edited by Abrak

The real reason for the 35m spend was a plonker from France. :D

Actually I would be surprised if that was the case. He is a bit of a geek. And it also took forever trying to buy Adam and Suarez. I suspect that was Henry's call.

Chelsea Singh. They were 4th at the time and playing very badly. Actually during January they were 5th at one stage. They were never higher than 4th in January.

Sunderland were 6th for the record. Chelsea bought Torres and Man City bought Dzeko. Clearer now?

You think Chelsea were going for 4th place, in January ?? :unsure:

There was talk of them still winning the League in March & April for crying out loud..

There was talk of them still winning the League in March & April for crying out loud..

When you are 5th and have scored 13 points in your last 12 games you can talk about anything you like. But coming 4th would be a good idea.

When you are 5th and have scored 13 points in your last 12 games you can talk about anything you like. But coming 4th would be a good idea.

Wow, guess your admission of not knowing a great deal about Football comes into play with this particular rubbish..

Wow, guess your admission of not knowing a great deal about Football comes into play with this particular rubbish..

Ok you got me Singh.

I'd love to see what you wrote first before editing..:D

Only pulling your chain Abrak, don't take it to heart..;)

Ok you got me Singh.

Sing just likes to cause :fight::hit-the-fan:

BT :crazy:

Ok you got me Singh.

Excellent use of the emoticons BT. :whistling: Should'nt you be on the "were so great if we were chocolate we'd eat ourselves Manure thread?" :D

Ok you got me Singh.

& Singh ( that's with a H to you ) also has more nous about doing it in his Big Toe than you have in your entire body including that big Belly of yours..:)

Edit : I'll also apologise for consistently pointing out where people write utter sh*te.

Maybe one day, maybe, you'll actually contribute to a Thread &/or a debate in a constructive way where your opinion is actually looked at & thought about by others as being worth something, but then again, maybe not & you'll just keep adding funny little emoticons after writing a maximum of 6 words..

Edited by MSingh

Maybe one day, maybe, you'll actually contribute to a Thread &/or a debate in a constructive way where your opinion is actually looked at & thought about by others as being worth something, but then again, maybe not & you'll just keep adding funny little emoticons after writing a maximum of 6 words..

OK come on Singh - not from you.

You are a serious WUM and a Troll.

You create useless arguments about nothing and vent your 'knowledge' on subjects you admit you do not understand.

You create useless arguments about nothing and vent your 'knowledge' on subjects you admit you do not understand.

He does'nt understand what it is to be a Liverpool fan or a Tottenham fan for that matter. :D

1 ) I don't know what a WUM is

2 ) I wasn't even talkting to you.

3 ) I am FAR better looking than a Troll..

4 ) I would NEVER vent my " knowledge " on a subject i did not understand.

But apart from all that, you're spot on as usual, yeah.:rolleyes:

He does'nt understand what it is to be a Liverpool fan or a Tottenham fan for that matter. :D

Chaps don't start him off 102.gif he'll be rambling on all day now :D

For the latter i'd rather be dead, & for the first one..

post-55211-0-95787400-1302934898_thumb.j

And i thought Scousers had a so called wonderful "sense of humour" :lol:

On a serious note

Yesterday marked the 22 years since the Hilsborough Disaster

I think all Liverpool fans - all football fans - can sympathize with the tragedy and fight to ensure it never happens again.

You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP 96

A very moving scene from yesterdays memorial - mutual respect between ex manager Rafa Benetiz and the Liverpool people.

A WUM is a Wind Up Merchant. Someone who gets responses from inane arguments. This is a perfect example because of 4)

You have expressed the opinion that statistical analysis along the lines of sabermetrics has no place in football. You also have stated that you have no specific expertise in statistical analysis. You have also expressed its irrelevance to LFC when 1) you havent even looked at J.Henry's twitter bio 2) you either do not know who Billy Beane is or that he was offered the role of GM at Red Sox 3) you dont realize that Bill James actually invented the term Sabermetrics and is working at the Red Sox 4) that Comolli worked with Beane on statistical analysis of soccermetrics 5) that you clearly havent read soccernomics or you wouldnt have asked me to send it to you.

BUT you have clearly expressed your opinion on the subject as to rendering it irrelevent and useless.

So we could debate the issue 'how would pythagorean expectation theory turn out if you adapted it to a poisson distribution in the EPL?'

P.S. you cant look up the answer on the internet (I doubt).

So this is what I mean by the fact you are a WUM and a troll.

P.P.S. and if you call Benitez a 'fat Spanish waiter' and you look at the video above you are likely to wind up someone.

Edited by Abrak

A WUM is a Wind Up Merchant. Someone who gets responses from inane arguments. This is a perfect example because of 4)

You have expressed the opinion that statistical analysis along the lines of sabermetrics has no place in football. You also have stated that you have no specific expertise in statistical analysis. You have also expressed its irrelevance to LFC when 1) you havent even looked at J.Henry's twitter bio 2) you either do not know who Billy Beane is or that he was offered the role of GM at Red Sox 3) you dont realize that Bill James actually invented the term Sabermetrics and is working at the Red Sox 4) that Comolli worked with Beane on statistical analysis of soccermetrics 5) that you clearly havent read soccernomics or you wouldnt have asked me to send it to you.

BUT you have clearly expressed your opinion on the subject as to rendering it irrelevent and useless.

So we could debate the issue 'how would pythagorean expectation theory turn out if you adapted it to a poisson distribution in the EPL?'

P.S. you cant look up the answer on the internet (I doubt).

So this is what I mean by the fact you are a WUM and a troll.

P.P.S. and if you call Benitez a 'fat Spanish waiter' and you look at the video above you are likely to wind up someone.

In case anyone is even remotely interested he's trying to pull the wool with something aki to this....

A baseball formula which dictates how lucky a team is twinned with the probability of such events occurring.

In other words the same old pile of manure.

Oh and they lost...but then they've won a few lately....maybe this equation can explain it....

5ea551b82ae0b82182bd2e1b9ffdc807.png

:)

Bwahahahaha you, you don't even have the first idea what a wind up merchant is Honey..........:D

No <deleted> idea..:wub:

Don't insult me..:D

I studied statistics at A level and at unversity as a side subject to my economics degree.

Just to say I'm watching your declarations with interest Abrak. Haven't yet decided whether you are genuine, a WUM or Stanley Unwin.:rolleyes:

I do believe that statistical analysis applied to sport has some relevance. I'm sure it has a place in coaching and performance analysis behind the scenes and within teams. I don't believe that statistics applied to sport has any benefit for the average sport supporter once it goes beyond relatively simple arithmetic (it's good to know the pitcher's averages in baseball as he approaches the mound; we all like to know the expected run rate per over to gain victory in cricket; I'm intrigued now to be seeing the player distance covered and team averages in football). Supporters pay for the sport to survive; take the game away from them with overly technical analysis that is difficult to understand and you'll get a backlash that goes beyond accusations of geekness, the likes of which you will understandably suffer on threads like this.

Edited by SantiSuk