Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Lets hope for all our sakes that you start performing again next season then we won't have to put up with this <deleted>,:whistling:

From a Manc thats saying summat! ;)

it's really not. ;)

i think were going to be pretty unrecognisable next season. expecting a major summer to be honest. owners have been pretty quiet so far but they have big ideas.

There's no particular reason to say that though is there? Been impressed with your youngsters coming through and for sure much the same as us you need a sizeable injection of cash into the playing squad.

I just wonder where the money will come from especially if the market remains ridiculously inflated.

Lets hope for all our sakes that you start performing again next season then we won't have to put up with this <deleted>,:whistling:

it's really not. ;)

i think were going to be pretty unrecognisable next season. expecting a major summer to be honest. owners have been pretty quiet so far but they have big ideas.

You could be right there but it remains to be seen whether they have big plans for Liverpool or the Red Sox. However atleast they reinvested the Torres money straight back into the squad and i very much doubt whether Hicks would have done that.

Any more news about Dalglish and a new contract?

Nobody is forcing you to read it are they?

I'm glad we can entertain you.

No thankfully and i will fess up that i do not read past the first sentence,because it is all garbage and self pity <deleted>,it definately is not entertaining akin to your team,the only reason i look in the dippers thread is to see what the price of hub caps is these days. ;)

Nobody is forcing you to read it are they?

I'm glad we can entertain you.

No thankfully and i will fess up that i do not read past the first sentence,because it is all garbage and self pity <deleted>,it definately is not entertaining akin to your team,the only reason i look in the dippers thread is to see what the price of hub caps is these days. ;)

Hub caps?

Wheel trims where we come from. I charge a tenner.

I just wonder where the money will come from especially if the market remains ridiculously inflated.

Where's the money going to come from is a very good question.

LFC lodged their annual accounts (to July 2010) (they take their time) the other day. They showed a 20m loss on revenues up 7m at 184m. Of course, since then FSG has taken them over and paid off their debt which will save 17m a year and they wont have the exceptional cost of getting rid of Rafa and staff which was 8m. However LFC is no longer in the CL so that this years revenues will be 30m lower as will next year's. The principle problem is that the wage bill increased 17m to 114m in a year when the club fell from 2nd to 7th. So that we no longer have the squad we had before but we still have the wages. In contrast Spurs who beat us in the league had a wage bill 47m lower during the same period. So the money isnt coming out of internally generated cash flows as the club isnt profitable.

Which means if they spend heavily in the summer they can either start increasing debt again or they can dip into their own pockets and inject equity. An equity injection seems the most prudent and obvious thing to do. Although there are some fans who thought that just paying off LFC's debts would turn it into a gold mine, the club clearly needs considerable investment to be successful after years of underinvestment.

Where's the money going to come from is a very good question.

LFC lodged their annual accounts (to July 2010) (they take their time) the other day. They showed a 20m loss on revenues up 7m at 184m. Of course, since then FSG has taken them over and paid off their debt which will save 17m a year and they wont have the exceptional cost of getting rid of Rafa and staff which was 8m. However LFC is no longer in the CL so that this years revenues will be 30m lower as will next year's. The principle problem is that the wage bill increased 17m to 114m in a year when the club fell from 2nd to 7th. So that we no longer have the squad we had before but we still have the wages. In contrast Spurs who beat us in the league had a wage bill 47m lower during the same period. So the money isnt coming out of internally generated cash flows as the club isnt profitable.

Which means if they spend heavily in the summer they can either start increasing debt again or they can dip into their own pockets and inject equity. An equity injection seems the most prudent and obvious thing to do. Although there are some fans who thought that just paying off LFC's debts would turn it into a gold mine, the club clearly needs considerable investment to be successful after years of underinvestment.

It all boils down to which chairman is prepared to gamble. Given both our clubs need new stadia and with uncertainty clouding the managerial positions for next season anything could and probably will happen.

I've seen nothing so far to suggest you'll be spending big though and Levy has already said we have cash to spend only Redknapp hasn't the courage to take the bull by the horns. If you retain Dalglish he'll have no such compunction.

Saying that a lack of investment could see some players demanding a move.....not an easy business that as dropping a disgruntled player on nearly 100 grand a week isn't a great option. Another leap towards bankruptcy for us all!

Pepe Reina's 150th consecutive league appearance tonight.

Dirk Kuyt's attempt at scoring in 5 consecutive games - something that no Liverpool player has achieved in the Premiership era.

Also if Liverpool score it will be the 18th consecutive league match in which they have scored (including every one of Kenny's games). No other team has scored in more than 11 consecutive matches in this season (Spurs and ManU).

The only premiership team that havent scored this weekend is Arsenal (that I can think of).

absolutely loving luis suarez, fantastic player. kenny's just getting so much out of everyone isn't he? fun again.

I know, I know...great to watch last night !

Fulham looked out of sorts but to be honest I thought the reason their back four was all over the shop was the movement of Kuyt, Maxi, Meireless and especially Suarez - he times his runs to perfection and moves across the back of the defenders blind spot if you will! - hes a nightmare :D

I think Lucas and Spearing have been brilliant past few games together, they don't give the opposition breathing space and have showed they have a good range of passes now we play with movement ahead of them. However its the energy and work rate they put in!

Anyway wont get too carried away - but but the last few games are going to be interesting - watching City and Spurs tonight with interest!

absolutely loving luis suarez, fantastic player. kenny's just getting so much out of everyone isn't he? fun again.

I know, I know...great to watch last night !

Fulham looked out of sorts but to be honest I thought the reason their back four was all over the shop was the movement of Kuyt, Maxi, Meireless and especially Suarez - he times his runs to perfection and moves across the back of the defenders blind spot if you will! - hes a nightmare :D

I think Lucas and Spearing have been brilliant past few games together, they don't give the opposition breathing space and have showed they have a good range of passes now we play with movement ahead of them. However its the energy and work rate they put in!

Anyway wont get too carried away - but but the last few games are going to be interesting - watching City and Spurs tonight with interest!

was surprised by how pedestrian suarez made hangelaand look as it goes. kenny's managed to bring the best out of players like kuyt and maxi while encouraging the youngsters on, it's great to see. have to put my hands up on spearing, i never thought he was even near a top level player but he's been excellent recently, fair play to the lad.

looking forward to this summer now. think kenny's going to be given a contract soon too.

To be honest in a year when we have already seen this, your banner hardly seems worth worrying about....

Liverpool_Fans_Protest_9f9b.jpg

_49227393_northampton_getty.jpg

PA-9608187-650x436.jpg

And its been one hell of a rollercoaster this season.

As an aside when did a team last knock 5 against Fulham at home in the league? Answer? I dont know - certainly not while they were in the premiership or league division one. At least 15 years.

Dev, you still thinking about 4th?

I am... we win all our remaining games , spurs beat city and they self destruct :D

Not gonna happen of course!

5th will be close but very happy with 6th if thats how it finishes- just love the way we are playing under Kenny.

Dev, you still thinking about 4th?

I am... we win all our remaining games , spurs beat city and they self destruct :D

Not gonna happen of course!

5th will be close but very happy with 6th if thats how it finishes- just love the way we are playing under Kenny.

Whoooooooooshhhhh..... just saw 4th whizzz by.....

Still makes it all the easier to come 5th.

I dont think enough credit has been given where credit is due in this regard. It is fine to point out how brilliant Suarez and Kenny have been but it could not have been achieved without a quite spectacular performance by ........ Spurs. 9 points in 10 matches even outdoes our woy and is below relegation form.

The only premiership team that havent scored this weekend is Arsenal (that I can think of).

I thought you were good at stats? [stoke 3 v Arsenal 1]

just love the way we are playing under Kenny.

reckon you're going to enjoy sunday then. 3-year deal.

apparently we've landed gary cahill as well.

Great news that is Stevie!

Another 3 years biggrin.gif Gary who?

Your glasses need cleaning matecool.gif

just love the way we are playing under Kenny.

reckon you're going to enjoy sunday then. 3-year deal.

apparently we've landed gary cahill as well.

Great news that is Stevie!

Another 3 years biggrin.gif Gary who?

Your glasses need cleaning matecool.gif

Cahill is one of the best center backs in the league without a doubt and would be a great signing. Who's apparently suggesting yuo've signed him anyway?

Cahill is one of the best center backs in the league without a doubt and would be a great signing. Who's apparently suggesting yuo've signed him anyway?

just a little bird. i like him, proper stopper who knows the league well and who will probably get better yet. sort of signing we need this summer.

just a little bird. i like him, proper stopper who knows the league well and who will probably get better yet. sort of signing we need this summer.

Yes he really would be an excellent signing. The reason i referred to the source is that Arsenal have supposedly been after his signature for a while now.

Yes he really would be an excellent signing. The reason i referred to the source is that Arsenal have supposedly been after his signature for a while now.

yeah i thought while back he was nailed on for arsenal carmine. though it's possible he's not french or young enough for wenger. lad who told us he's ours is usually right with his tips.

Carms, iv'e alway thought of him as being about the same level as Dawson but perhaps less likely to make a rickett, what do you think ?

Edited by alfieconn

Carms, iv'e alway thought of him as being about the same level as Dawson but perhaps less likely to make a rickett, what do you think ?

He turns quicker than Daws, but yes as Stevie says he's a very good stopper and similar to our man.