Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

This seems a rather telling statistic about our defensive back line.

During the season so far, LFC have caught the opposition offside a total of 10 times - or approximately once a match. In contrast, Luis Suarez alone has been caught offside 16 times in the Premiership so far this season.

Perhaps a better stat (in case people think I am having a go at Suarez for being offside) is that against Norwich they caught us offside 9 times and we didnt catch them offside once.

It's a shame that Seb Coates hasnt made the grade yet.

Why is it a shame that Coates hasn't made the grade ? is he some sort of expert on getting the oppositions offside then ;):D

During the season so far, LFC have caught the opposition offside a total of 10 times - or approximately once a match. In contrast, Luis Suarez alone has been caught offside 16 times in the Premiership so far this season.

Perhaps a better stat (in case people think I am having a go at Suarez for being offside) is that against Norwich they caught us offside 9 times and we didnt catch them offside once.

Why is it a shame that Coates hasn't made the grade ? is he some sort of expert on getting the oppositions offside then ;):D

Dalglish must sweat it out every friday worrying if Suarez is fit. Such a good player.

Stoke out the way 2-1 win.

What can say... Suarez pure class.

Looks like the scousers are concentrating all their efforts on winning the league cup and there supporters seem quite excited about it :o:D

trophies are trophies and i'd be delighted to win the league cup this season. should be the default thinking of any football supporter.

Looks like the scousers are concentrating all their efforts on winning the league cup and there supporters seem quite excited about it :o:D

trophies are trophies and i'd be delighted to win the league cup this season. should be the default thinking of any football supporter.

I suppose there are some that will say this is arrogance and they are welcome to their opinion. i wanted us out of the carling because, we were already committed to the europa and our priority is to get CL We should show respect to the FA cup by fielding a strong team, whilst blooding our youth in eurpoe. This aspect is working really well for us but to go at the carling too would be too much. We have prioritised sensibly.

Winning the carling and not qualifying for the CL would be like finding a pound and losing a fiver for me.

I suppose there are some that will say this is arrogance and they are welcome to their opinion. i wanted us out of the carling because, we were already committed to the europa and our priority is to get CL We should show respect to the FA cup by fielding a strong team, whilst blooding our youth in eurpoe. This aspect is working really well for us but to go at the carling too would be too much. We have prioritised sensibly.

Winning the carling and not qualifying for the CL would be like finding a pound and losing a fiver for me.

Carmine.......am i correct in saying you and your manager have changed your tune all of a sudden on the Europa league? you started fielding the young un's as you said but the last game in Europe you played a very strong team no? wink.gif Harry was not a happy chappy about being in the Europa league at all at the start of the season.

have you ever been at a cup final where your team has won the trophy though carmine? it's the best day out in the world.

Yes i have but are you saying you would be happy holding the carling cup next season and in the europa? I say this because its going to run close in the league and those extra games might make a difference

Reading between the lines of Wenger's comments earlier this season he regretted focussing on winning the Milk Cup. Hence the entire reserve team on Tuesday night. I wouldn't be surprised to see him repeat that right through to the final. Mind you our first team is not much better than the reserves these days! [i was going to write that our reserves are almost as good as our first team this year but I don't think you guys would have let me get away with that :rolleyes:].

I see that Mancini used all the reserves last night. I wonder how Nasri is enjoying life playing the Carling Cup games this year! Som nam nar.

If nobody else has yet replied to bkkjames, carling.com says "The draw will be made at noon on Saturday 29th October" per Google summary. I'm Hoping that our reserves avoid Man City's reserves! Anything at home should be good for the club's coffers - 56,000 at The Emirates on Tuesday, 12,000 at Wolves last night.

Edited by SantiSuk

Can't reply directly to you MrRed but no you are not correct. ;)

Thought you would say that... Harry to rely on youth. wink.gif

I don't understand what you are getting at. We played the kids bar having to use players in certain positions where everyone is injured. I haven't contradicted myself in any way have i? We are attempting to do exactly what we said we'd do.

Apologies to Liverpool fans, we;ve slipped off topic.

have you ever been at a cup final where your team has won the trophy though carmine? it's the best day out in the world.

Yes i have but are you saying you would be happy holding the carling cup next season and in the europa? I say this because its going to run close in the league and those extra games might make a difference

we're not in europe at all this season so it's a different perspective. i want us to win as many of our matches as possible this season and if that results in CL football next season then so be it. but we haven't won a trophy since 2006 so any cup would be bloody brilliant this season.

winning the league cup this season would give us more confidence and mean that we'd played well as a team which would have the knockon effect on the league form i think. league cup was only a 'distraction' when we were playing big CL matches every week. now it's silverware, however tarnished.

Well not quite.

The reason we are not catching the opposition offside is that our centre-backs are sitting very deep often leaving a lot of space between the backs and the mid field.

This is a fact. I think it is a reasonable guess that the centre-backs are sitting back because Carragher is now simply too slow to hold a higher line. It is rather difficult to say how the centre-backs would line up if Carragher wasnt playing as he plays in virtually every game. Maybe Skrtel prefers playing deeper too. It isnt really just Coates. Agger is a class centre-back but seems out of favour although he is just coming back from fitness.

Well not quite.

The reason we are not catching the opposition offside is that our centre-backs are sitting very deep often leaving a lot of space between the backs and the mid field.

This is a fact. I think it is a reasonable guess that the centre-backs are sitting back because Carragher is now simply too slow to hold a higher line. It is rather difficult to say how the centre-backs would line up if Carragher wasnt playing as he plays in virtually every game. Maybe Skrtel prefers playing deeper too. It isnt really just Coates. Agger is a class centre-back but seems out of favour although he is just coming back from fitness.

I agree with all of that but i'd go as far as to say Carragher has become a liability. Is there really no one else or does Dalglish still pick him because he's been such a great one club servant to Liverpool? Either way you should be buying the likes of Cahill in january if he's moving.

The Carling cup is quite good bang for your buck though.

It is quite a small competition. We have played one more match than Spurs and we are in the quarters. Three more matches and we could have won the tournament. I can obviously understand why any team in Europe places very little emphasis on it. The Europa is a marathon - Groups, away matches in Nakhon Nowhere, 32 teams left after the Group stages with home and away knockout. Just taking part is a distraction if you take it seriously.

It makes quite a lot of sense for Liverpool to give it some priority. For a start we are quite well placed to win it on the basis that the clubs above us dont take it that seriously. In any case if the 3 extra games it entails is that much of a distraction when you are not in Europe, you probably arent good enough to be competing in Europe in any case.

The trick in the Europa league is to play the kids in the away games and a few of the first team in the home ones. Qualifying can be achieved by doing this. How seriously we take the rest of the competition will have to be seen.

I'd like to see us give more priority if we reach the quarter finals but not before then. The FA Cup should be given more priority imo at least until we reach the QF's of the Europa.

To say the top sides don't show respect for the Carling Cup won't apply in the Semis or Final you can be sure of that.

I agree with all of that but i'd go as far as to say Carragher has become a liability. Is there really no one else or does Dalglish still pick him because he's been such a great one club servant to Liverpool? Either way you should be buying the likes of Cahill in january if he's moving.

he isn't quite a 'liability' yet as he can still defend and he's still the organiser at the back, but he does negatively impact the way we're able to play. he's so little pace now that he has to sit far too deep and so we're never able to play a high defensive line and therefore regularly invite teams onto us. plus the less said about his distribution the better, teams are just happy to let him have possession wherever knowing that he'll just lump it down the channel.

agger and coates would be my preferred choice now but one is terribly injury-prone and the other is as yet unproven, however talented. we still need a big, powerful, athletic centre mid as well. should have signed one in the summer.

Suarez! Now that's what I'm talking about...Put those chances that you create for yourself in the back of the net!

What an amazing first goal, and what a great opportunistic goal after a hopeful ball in from Henderson on the second one.

Stoke were perhaps a bit unlucky with referee decisions but overall, we deserved that match I'd say, especially on the balance of all the chances we didn't score last match. Going to be a tough draw again, can we get the next Carling Cup match at home please! 3 straight Carling Cup matches away from home, I'd say we're due. How in the world do they decide that anyway? Is it always 100% random or are we finally have a better chance of playing at Anfield in the next round?

Suarez! Now that's what I'm talking about...Put those chances that you create for yourself in the back of the net!

What an amazing first goal, and what a great opportunistic goal after a hopeful ball in from Henderson on the second one.

Stoke were perhaps a bit unlucky with referee decisions but overall, we deserved that match I'd say, especially on the balance of all the chances we didn't score last match. Going to be a tough draw again, can we get the next Carling Cup match at home please! 3 straight Carling Cup matches away from home, I'd say we're due. How in the world do they decide that anyway? Is it always 100% random or are we finally have a better chance of playing at Anfield in the next round?

JinJim, Stoke were "very unlucky" by the refs decisions and that peptalk by KK must have worked, but i'm not suggesting you didn't play well.

A great striker like Dalglish knows when Suarez needs to stay on his feet. If he'd have spent less time rolling around whining Liverpool would have won that.

You really are over reaching now when you suggest i am blaming Suarez for you not winning.

Ha ha ha ha, ya right. :lol: :lol: :whistling: Perhaps you need your memory checked? Not sure how else to interpret, "If he'd have spent less time rolling around whining Liverpool would have won that." :blink:

He had 11 chances that match, more than any other player in the Premier league in one match this season.

Not sensitive, just whole-heartedly disagree.

A great striker like Dalglish knows when Suarez needs to stay on his feet. If he'd have spent less time rolling around whining Liverpool would have won that.

You really are over reaching now when you suggest i am blaming Suarez for you not winning.

Ha ha ha ha, ya right. :lol: :lol: :whistling: Perhaps you need your memory checked? Not sure how else to interpret, "If he'd have spent less time rolling around whining Liverpool would have won that." :blink:

He had 11 chances that match, more than any other player in the Premier league in one match this season.

I can tell you are sensitive, very much like Dev for that matter. This really is The Sensitive Thread. :D

All jokes apart, i think Suarez is a terrific player and i just disagree with you and Stevie because i don't think, at times anyway, he does himself justice.

Do you think he said nasty things to Patricia Evra?

1319776077[/url]' post='4801787']
1319775718[/url]' post='4801778']
1319336256[/url]' post='4786482']

1319591042[/url]' post='4795240']

I can tell you are sensitive, very much like Dev for that matter. This really is The Sensitive Thread. :D

All jokes apart, i think Suarez is a terrific player and i just disagree with you and Stevie because i don't think, at times anyway, he does himself justice.

Do you think he said nasty things to Patricia Evra?

Stoke game, Suarez got kicked in the box and if he had of gone down no doubt that would of been a penalty but he stayed on his feet - just bringing that up, since I am sensitive to people talking nonsense smile.gif

Nonsense DEV, is highlighting one single incident and sitting back smugly thinking you've proven you point. Its actually not just nonsense, its ridiculous. Sometimes when i read your posts i find myself wondering if you actually watched the game or you've just plagiarized the bias witterings of up their own ar*e journos ;):D

Edited by carmine

name one instance where suarez has dived, simulated, cheated or feigned to win a foul please carmine.

it's a bullshit media meme this, kicked off by his master's voice after the bloody united match.

name one instance where suarez has dived, simulated, cheated or feigned to win a foul please carmine.

it's a bullshit media meme this, kicked off by his master's voice after the bloody united match.

I tell you what mate, i'm going to be glued to the tv watching your game tomorrow. Regardless of that, you are saying he's never dived or feigned to win a foul? Are you really saying that? I have to sign off but i'll leave that one with you to maybe have a rethink.

I really would like to think that my opinions arn't swayed by the likes of Ferguson.

1319784572[/url]' post='4802184']

Nonsense DEV, is highlighting one single incident and sitting back smugly thinking you've proven you point. Its actually not just nonsense, its ridiculous. Sometimes when i read your posts i find myself wondering if you actually watched the game or you've just plagiarized the bias witterings of up their own ar*e journos ;):D

High chance he may not start Saturday due to that tackle, some awful challenges made on him him week in week out !

High chance he may not start Saturday due to that tackle, some awful challenges made on him him week in week out !

He does take some heavy knocks i know. If he doesn'y play how is Dalglish likely to play. Time perhaps for Carroll to stand up and be counted?