Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1320127499[/url]' post='4813083']
1320125638[/url]' post='4812990']
1320122647[/url]' post='4812814']
1320120179[/url]' post='4812704']

how are those examples of suarez's diving coming carmine? there must be dozens, shouldn't take you too long now should it.

Well its like this. I see him making a meal of it everytime i see him play. Yes, thats been everytime i've seen him play. Includes the world cup aswell. Why should i isolate an instance that you are going to contradict me on saying it was a blatent foul when in others opinions, and mine, and the referees he went down like the titanic. You are also contending that he has never even feigned a foul which is a statement i really can't take that seriously. Sorry, but thats how i see it. Just for the record, i don't agree with Ferguson that the ref even needs to say anything to Suarez or keep an eye on him. He just looks for the free kicks the same way footballers do. Your contending that he's never feigned, dived or anything else which is simply ridiculous.

so that's no examples then? not even mentions of specific instances? so you're saying he's guilty until proven innocent because that's your perception despite the total and utter lack of evidence?

see i've watched him play every minute since he arrived at liverpool and while i've seen him make sure that the referee knows he has been fouled when - and get this - he HAS BEEN FOULED - i have never once seen him dishonestly fake a dive to try and get a free-kick or get a player booked / sent off. it's total and utter horseshit and a smear campaign based on a one-off handball in a world cup.

so i'm afraid you're as guilty of buying into mister ferguson's machinations as every other clown who believes the tabloids is. guilty until proven innocent apparently. how sad that a truly wonderful player is having his reputation unjustly tarnished this way.

You know full well how annoyed i was Redknapp f_cked up the deal to sign him, and whilst i've been a big fan since the world cup he's not whiter than white, the same as any other footballer. Quite how Ferguson has created an exception of him baffles me but i just can't take this ridiculous arguement that he has never feigned, for example. I do see you've conceded he makes sure the ref knows he's been fouled, whatever thats supposed to mean. My definition would be "makes a meal of it" which would wind me up well and truely if i were the opposition. Makes sure the ref knows tells me he's play acting too and i contend theres little difference between feigning and play acting.....unless you are a Liverpool fan sticking for the best player, the teams gameplan.

I don't read tabloids and i don't need to listen the Ferguson rants to see what i see. No major incidents, just the same everyday stuff. i don't pick out a particular incident because there isn't a major one for me to single out its simply run of the mill stuff. Carragher for example would be the one to single out but he's crap and Suarez is your gameplan every weekend and most important player. I'm not saying Suarez is an serial offender worthy of being singled out and i don't think most others do either but we certainly (bar Liverpool fans) won't be buying into the idea thats he's unique in modern day football because he's not. He's looking for the free kicks and the penalties like everyone else.

(And yes dev, i'm well aware he stayed on his feet at Stoke and if he hadn't you would have gotten a penalty blah blah blah but arguements arn't won are they on the basis of a singled out incidence)

(And yes dev, i'm well aware he stayed on his feet at Stoke and if he hadn't you would have gotten a penalty blah blah blah but arguements arn't won are they on the basis of a singled out incidence)

That's one more example than what you have provided hey Carmine as according to you he dives,cheats etc but not one example from you to even give your accusations credit.

To be fair seen more diving in your actual posts than anything to close to what you accuse Suarez of doing smile.gif

I'm with Stevie on this one... Pathetic smear campaign going on.

Don't even get me started on the recent 2 page Fergie interview in the Mirror after he said he will leave it the FA

There is no smear campaign. Ferguson threw a one liner in before a derby. It ofcourse worked. Thats it. If you blinked you never know there was a "smear campaign. You lot are milking this for all its worth. It never even crops up in any football converstations i have. Ferguson has been using these tactics for years.

And btw dev, you agree with everything stevie says. :D

Haha carmine, quality material that.

Funny though when the mirror was after giggs for his behaviour, we weren't calling it an agenda propigated by mr. Kenny.

Hmm james, its a bit of a tricky one trying to defend a bloke who's been shagging his brothers missus. "Giggsy" must be a top top bloke! And really, it wasn't just the mirror was it, more like the entire media and are you surprised in the slightest?

Not defending giggs at all - doesnt deserve all that SRG talk. A legend on the field but a <deleted> off it apparently.

My point Carmine is I know our team - old and new has had a few questionable characters wear the shirt over the years. Rooney, Giggs come to mind. What team hasn't However, I won't get caught up in this all for one one for all tripe (aka you'll never dive alone). "Because we wear a LP shirt makes us correct all the time 365/24/7" pfffff.

Apparently we are going to get news on the New Stadium plans some time today...

Rumours - its 68k seating that can be expanded to 73k and designed by the same team who made the Beijing Olympic Stadium amongst others.

My heart says to stay at Anfield but...

Rumours - its 68k seating that can be expanded to 73k and designed by the same team who made the Beijing Olympic Stadium amongst others.

You can name it Standard Chartered Anfield You'll Never Walk Alone Stadium of Liverpool :lol:

There is no smear campaign. Ferguson threw a one liner in before a derby. It ofcourse worked. Thats it. If you blinked you never know there was a "smear campaign. You lot are milking this for all its worth. It never even crops up in any football converstations i have. Ferguson has been using these tactics for years.

not correct carmine, ferguson said it after the match when asked about charlie adam being tripped by ferdinand and whether or not ferdinand should have had a red card. it was utterly deliberate and was then evident in a) the norwich match when the referee ignored a clear foul and penalty on suarez and then b] against west brom at the weekend when the referee ignored what was definitely a foul on suarez only for his linesman to flag it, correctly, as a penalty.

so, still no actual examples of suarez diving to get a foul / yellow card then no? it's ok to admit you've been duped you know. ferguson's had the whole of football over with this shit for twenty years.

Edited by StevieH

yeah i'd prefer to upgrade anfield but it's my grandfather's axe isn't it? the design company looks like it knows its stuff, did the allianz arena in munich too. let's hope these owners don't promise a spade in the ground in 60 days eh?

You can name it Standard Chartered Anfield You'll Never Walk Alone Stadium of Liverpool :lol:

that's very funny james for someone who has never been to a match at anfield and enjoyed the quite amazing atmosphere. it's even funny for someone who has never been to a match at old trafford AKA 'the theatre of dreams' too of course but that's by the by. . .

Stevie so you choose to ignore the biting incident and the hair pulling and the racism allegation! smear campaign i think not

PR campaign from Liverpool that is going wrong.

he was caught and punished for both of those you berk! guilty as charged. both of which of course happened before he was a liverpool player.

ferguson's called him a diver, the media has picked up the ball and run with it. fuc_k evidence eh? guilty until proven innocent. load of <deleted>.

Stevie so you choose to ignore the biting incident and the hair pulling and the racism allegation! smear campaign i think not

he was caught and punished for both of those you berk! guilty as charged. both of which of course happened before he was a liverpool player.

ferguson's called him a diver, the media has picked up the ball and run with it. fuc_k evidence eh? guilty until proven innocent. load of <deleted>.

He went down far to easy at the weekend,but as you say they all play for it,question is,is it diving if you are playing for it...............of course it is.

United players do it regularly as do all the rest ...what is getting up peoples noses is your constant bullshit that he is untouchable,he is an actor big time,stop the self pity city <deleted> and get with the script.

I suppose because he is caught an punished it is ok yes? before he played for your lot.Lets hope he gets cleared of racism yes,for everyone's sake.

yeah i'd prefer to upgrade anfield but it's my grandfather's axe isn't it? the design company looks like it knows its stuff, did the allianz arena in munich too. let's hope these owners don't promise a spade in the ground in 60 days eh?

FSG would prefer to upgrade Anfield too but it doesnt look possible.

We know FSG are very organized and I very much doubt they will announce any stadium without a naming rights partner as the naming rights deal is the key to its financing. I would be a bit surprised if they had sorted out the naming rights partner already.

One way of looking at the league is through 'match equivalent' data. Arguably the 'timeline' data is very helpful - we have 18 points after 10 games compared to 12 points after ten games last year. But we were suffering the 'Hodgson effect' and in any case our opposition was very different. What match equivalent data is compare your result this season with exactly same fixture last season. If you beat Bolton last season and beat them this season you score zero, a win against a loss +3 etc. Clearly if at the end of the season your score is zero then the total number of points will be the 'same as last year'. So essentially you are measuring improvement.

Here is how the top 7 stand....

Newcastle +13

Liverpool +10

Man City +6

Spurs +5

ManUnited 0

Arsenal 0

Chelsea -1

Newcastle being at the top isnt that big a surprise although a lot of people think it is due to the fact they have only met 2 of the top 6. They have in fact improved 13 points against the results they got against the same teams last year. Liverpool have done well because of their away record. In the 5 corresponding away matches last year we managed precisely 1 point (against Arsenal). This year we have had 3 wins (compared to 5 in the whole of last season.)

It is interesting that Arsenal have now won back all the lost points from early in the season. Bolton are worth a mention because they are also on 0. So although they have only got 6 points so far this year they only managed 6 points against the same opposition last year.

Anyway if all the teams match their results of last for the remains of this season, the table would be Man U 80, Man City 77, Chelsea 70, Arsenal/Liverpool 68 and Spurs 67.

The bottom 3 clubs are BTW....

Blackburn -6

Wolves -6

Sunderland -8

One way of looking at the league is through 'match equivalent' data. Arguably the 'timeline' data is very helpful - we have 18 points after 10 games compared to 12 points after ten games last year. But we were suffering the 'Hodgson effect' and in any case our opposition was very different. What match equivalent data is compare your result this season with exactly same fixture last season. If you beat Bolton last season and beat them this season you score zero, a win against a loss +3 etc. Clearly if at the end of the season your score is zero then the total number of points will be the 'same as last year'. So essentially you are measuring improvement.

Newcastle +13

Liverpool +10

Man City +6

Spurs +5

ManUnited 0

Arsenal 0

Chelsea -1

Newcastle being at the top isnt that big a surprise although a lot of people think it is due to the fact they have only met 2 of the top 6. They have in fact improved 13 points against the results they got against the same teams last year. Liverpool have done well because of their away record. In the 5 corresponding away matches last year we managed precisely 1 point (against Arsenal). This year we have had 3 wins (compared to 5 in the whole of last season.)

It is interesting that Arsenal have now won back all the lost points from early in the season. Bolton are worth a mention because they are also on 0. So although they have only got 6 points so far this year they only managed 6 points against the same opposition last year.

Anyway if all the teams match their results of last for the remains of this season, the table would be Man U 80, Man City 77, Chelsea 70, Arsenal/Liverpool 68 and Spurs 67.

Blackburn -6

Wolves -6

Sunderland -8

Doesn't take into account which teams you have played though does it? Bit skewed that stat Abrak mate....don't let your standards slip! biggrin.gif

Whatever they call it I'm sure even at half empty it will make more noise than old Trafford. I remember being at that fa cup semi a few years back when crouch scored. United fans outsung the entire game.

Whatever they call it I'm sure even at half empty it will make more noise than old Trafford. I remember being at that fa cup semi a few years back when crouch scored. United fans outsung the entire game.

You admit you can't fill a 60000 stadium every week! biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

You admit you can't fill a 60000 stadium every week! biggrin.gif

Ok that came out wrong :whistling:. We could fill that easily though.

And the forearm smash on Parker off the ball :D

No doubt stevie will tell us it was a love bite :D

Edited by carmine

A new 68K or whatever size stadium would be great for the good people of liverpool.

think of it....... 25K fewer scallies roaming the streets once a fortnight.... :lol:

luis short-listed for Ballon d 'Or

Luis Suarez's sensational first year at Liverpool has seen him emerge as a contender for the prestigious Ballon d'Or award.

The Uruguayan's scintillating form for both club and country has led to countless plaudits over the past 12 months, culminating in his inclusion in a 23-man short-list.

The No.7 has found the net 11 times in 26 matches for the Reds so far, including a stunning brace in the recent Carling Cup triumph at Stoke City

The striker also notched four goals as he helped his country secure the 2011 Copa America title where he was named player of the tournament.

The former Ajax man's impact at Anfield has been such that it has even left manager Kenny Dalglish searching for the superlatives to describe his influence on his Liverpool side.

Wayne Rooney, Sergio Aguero and Nani are the other three Barclays Premier League stars on the list, while no fewer than eight Barcelona players are included.

The winners will be revealed at the second FIFA Ballon d'Or gala in Zurich on January 9, 2012.

The contenders in full: Eric Abidal (France), Sergio Aguero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Holland), Luis Suarez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

Luis Suarez's sensational first year at Liverpool has seen him emerge as a contender for the prestigious Ballon d'Or award.

The Uruguayan's scintillating form for both club and country has led to countless plaudits over the past 12 months, culminating in his inclusion in a 23-man short-list.

The No.7 has found the net 11 times in 26 matches for the Reds so far, including a stunning brace in the recent Carling Cup triumph at Stoke City

The striker also notched four goals as he helped his country secure the 2011 Copa America title where he was named player of the tournament.

The former Ajax man's impact at Anfield has been such that it has even left manager Kenny Dalglish searching for the superlatives to describe his influence on his Liverpool side.

Wayne Rooney, Sergio Aguero and Nani are the other three Barclays Premier League stars on the list, while no fewer than eight Barcelona players are included.

The winners will be revealed at the second FIFA Ballon d'Or gala in Zurich on January 9, 2012.

The contenders in full: Eric Abidal (France), Sergio Aguero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Holland), Luis Suarez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

A list that contains Nani, and not Modric! :huh:

Newcastle +13

Liverpool +10

Man City +6

Spurs +5

ManUnited 0

Arsenal 0

Chelsea -1

Blackburn -6

Wolves -6

Sunderland -8

Doesn't take into account which teams you have played though does it? Bit skewed that stat Abrak mate....don't let your standards slip! biggrin.gif

100% incorrect. Dumb comment to post. Think again!!

Newcastle +13

Liverpool +10

Man City +6

Spurs +5

ManUnited 0

Arsenal 0

Chelsea -1

Blackburn -6

Wolves -6

Sunderland -8

Abrak

you got me bamboozled with them numbers :(

Newcastle +13

Liverpool +10

Man City +6

Spurs +5

ManUnited 0

Arsenal 0

Chelsea -1

Blackburn -6

Wolves -6

Sunderland -8

So tell me abrak, are you still confident you'll be fourth at christmas? It is rather a long way away you know and you are not exactly playing very well, except for Luis that is. I know you said it was baring in mind you win X amount of games but don't Liverpools entire hopes and aspirations rest on the shoulders of one player and his fitness? You know, Luis who makes a massive meal of it and has never feigned anything other than to make sure the ref is ever so sure he's been fouled. :D

1320208653[/url]' post='4815498']
1320208209[/url]' post='4815478']

Yes Carmine or for that matter what about Carroll tongue.gif.

8 Barca players in that list ! Is that a record for the amount of players from one team?

Yes Carmine or for that matter what about Carroll tongue.gif.

8 Barca players in that list ! Is that a record for the amount of players from one team?

Don't knock Andy, he's class.

Come on then stevie, the forearm in Parkers face, what about that little beauty. Or are you doing an Arsene Wenger on that one?

Come on then stevie, the forearm in Parkers face, what about that little beauty. Or are you doing an Arsene Wenger on that one?

Oh dear next you'll be suggesting Dalglish deserved that booking.....rolleyes.gif

But they wont though will they, so a useless statement really :D

Still it's one way of getting the scousers in the top 4 i suppose, just a shame that it won't work in reality :o

Edited by alfieconn