Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

So we have completed the first half of this season (19) and Kenny has now been in charge for almost a full season (37 matches). It is probably a good time to assess how he is doing. First of all we round him up to 38 matches by awarding KD, RH's last loss (which also neatly splits last season in half). While this might seem a little unfair it is worth bearing in mind that Kenny's 38th match is away to City who have dropped 2 points at home in the last calendar year.

So for his first 38 matches under Kenny he has scored 67 points which is a considerable improvement to the 58 points scored in the previous 38 matches (half RH, half Rafa). Obviously the squad has had net investment of 46m but the gentle slide of Rafa, followed by the vertical decline of RH has been reversed.

Unfortunately, there is still a lot to do. If we look at the top six and their last 38 matches, we see....

Utd 84

City 81

Chelsea 71

Spurs 71

Arsenal 68

LFC 67

....we are still in 6th place. And there is certainly a huge gap to the two Manchester teams.

Really the most surprising result in the top 6 is the decline of Chelsea. They have 71 points in the last 38 matches compared to 78 points in the 38 matches before that. I say the decline is a surprise because over the last two windows they have invested net 130m (v. net 46m for LFC) but instead of making any progress they have gone backwards. The only club to have in anyway matched them for spend is City whose net spend is about the same. I cant help but think that AVB's appointment accounts for much of their current form - he has experimented with line up and tactics with a team that isnt of his own choosing.

I'm not too impressed with the added points. We were pretty shit and should have more points this year. What i am impressed with is the difference in the way we play. We are now miles better, and should have even more points. We should be 3rd in the table, by the quality of play. We just need to stick the ball in the net., Some bad finishing and decision making are killing us, plus we need to make the the woodwork thinner (how come none of these shots go in off the bar/post). gerrard is back and we will see more goals I think we can make 4th but i also think it would be nice if Arsenal and Chelsea start to blow a few. All I wanted for Christmas was a lay off for RVP and for AVB to keep messing with his team.

Happy new year

Interesting comments about Suarez's evidence, compared to Evra's detailed recollection - http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16375963.stm

Happy New year everyone. Let's hope for more footy fun in 2012.

At the end of the day although Suarez isn't a racist he intentionally racially abused Evra in an attempt to wind him up and try to make him retaliate, probably in the hope that getting a retaliation would, at least, get Evra a booking, and possibly a sending off.

It's probably what John Terry was doing to Ferdinand as well. These sort of verbal's go on all the time to try to aggravate the opposition, sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

It didn't work this time, and if Suarez had admitted his 'indiscretion' and apologised immediately afterwards that would probably have been the end of the matter. It was his stupid, childish excuses and insistence on his total innocence that meant the FA had to take the matter further.

Edited by sumrit

Interesting comments about Suarez's evidence, compared to Evra's detailed recollection - http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16375963.stm

and while in Spanish 'negro' basically means 'black' in Italian it is a direct translation of 'nigger'.

Is this fact, or something that has just "been reported". it seems hard to believe that a term that used to refer to a race "Negro" is used as such a defamitory term even in a foreign language.

At the end of the day although Suarez isn't a racist he intentionally racially abused Evra in an attempt to wind him up and try to make him retaliate, probably in the hope that getting a retaliation would, at least, get Evra a booking, and possibly a sending off.

It's probably what John Terry was doing to Ferdinand as well. These sort of verbal's go on all the time to try to aggravate the opposition, sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

It didn't work this time, and if Suarez had admitted his 'indiscretion' and apologised immediately afterwards that would probably have been the end of the matter. It was his stupid, childish excuses and insistence on his total innocence that meant the FA had to take the matter further.

Good post,that sums it up really.....all Liverpool and the players have done is drag themselves through the mud with him.

So we have completed the first half of this season (19) and Kenny has now been in charge for almost a full season (37 matches). It is probably a good time to assess how he is doing. First of all we round him up to 38 matches by awarding KD, RH's last loss (which also neatly splits last season in half). While this might seem a little unfair it is worth bearing in mind that Kenny's 38th match is away to City who have dropped 2 points at home in the last calendar year.

So for his first 38 matches under Kenny he has scored 67 points which is a considerable improvement to the 58 points scored in the previous 38 matches (half RH, half Rafa). Obviously the squad has had net investment of 46m but the gentle slide of Rafa, followed by the vertical decline of RH has been reversed.

Unfortunately, there is still a lot to do. If we look at the top six and their last 38 matches, we see....

Utd 84

City 81

Chelsea 71

Spurs 71

Arsenal 68

LFC 67

....we are still in 6th place. And there is certainly a huge gap to the two Manchester teams.

Really the most surprising result in the top 6 is the decline of Chelsea. They have 71 points in the last 38 matches compared to 78 points in the 38 matches before that. I say the decline is a surprise because over the last two windows they have invested net 130m (v. net 46m for LFC) but instead of making any progress they have gone backwards. The only club to have in anyway matched them for spend is City whose net spend is about the same. I cant help but think that AVB's appointment accounts for much of their current form - he has experimented with line up and tactics with a team that isnt of his own choosing.

I'm not too impressed with the added points. We were pretty shit and should have more points this year. What i am impressed with is the difference in the way we play. We are now miles better, and should have even more points. We should be 3rd in the table, by the quality of play. We just need to stick the ball in the net., Some bad finishing and decision making are killing us, plus we need to make the the woodwork thinner (how come none of these shots go in off the bar/post). gerrard is back and we will see more goals I think we can make 4th but i also think it would be nice if Arsenal and Chelsea start to blow a few. All I wanted for Christmas was a lay off for RVP and for AVB to keep messing with his team.

Happy new year

You think you should be 3rd due to the quality of your play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So you think you play better quality football than Spurs do you?

You lot are so desperately trying to convince yourselves that you are a good side. Sad reality is the gulf between yourselves and the current top four is considerable. We gave you a mauling at WHL if you remember? Or did you deserve to win that 5-4. laugh.png

and while in Spanish 'negro' basically means 'black' in Italian it is a direct translation of 'nigger'.

Is this fact, or something that has just "been reported". it seems hard to believe that a term that used to refer to a race "Negro" is used as such a defamitory term even in a foreign language.

In the FA's commission report it says that Evra who was not fluent in Spanish 'translated' it as 'nigger'.

This is further clarified in the notes para.180 which reads....

The experts noted that, in interview, Mr Evra translated the word "negro" as French

"nègre", which is translatable as both "Negro" and "nigger" and in current French usage is

clearly a racially offensive term. The more neutral term in French is "noir".

Happy new year

We are definitely playing a lot better than last year and with a bit more luck we could have had a few more points. However, I am not the greatest fan of would've could've should've sort of analysis. Fact is that Chelsea have been well below their potential in the first half with excessive experimentation and Arsenal kindly decided to start the season by giving us a 7 point lead.

Looking forward we will need massive headwinds to snatch 4th considering we are without Lucas for the rest of the season and without Suarez for half of the rest of the season.

Happy new year

We are definitely playing a lot better than last year and with a bit more luck we could have had a few more points. However, I am not the greatest fan of would've could've should've sort of analysis. Fact is that Chelsea have been well below their potential in the first half with excessive experimentation and Arsenal kindly decided to start the season by giving us a 7 point lead.

Looking forward we will need massive headwinds to snatch 4th considering we are without Lucas for the rest of the season and without Suarez for half of the rest of the season.

I salivate at the prospect of Chelsea not qualifying for the champions league next season.

Happy new year

I salivate at the prospect of Chelsea not qualifying for the champions league next season.

I'm looking forward to their scramble for a new "superstar" signing this month. £70m anyone? passifier.gif

So what are our chances away against City? Well City last dropped points in the League at Eastlands last February in a draw with Fulham and those were the only points dropped in the 2011 calendar year. So not good and I suspect we will miss Lucas.

Still it is the season for upsets and City only played 2 days ago. Our defense has been mean and only an exceptional left footed shot from Adam and a freak deflection has beaten Reina in recent matches.

So what are our chances away against City? Well City last dropped points in the League at Eastlands last February in a draw with Fulham and those were the only points dropped in the 2011 calendar year. So not good and I suspect we will miss Lucas.

Still it is the season for upsets and City only played 2 days ago. Our defense has been mean and only an exceptional left footed shot from Adam and a freak deflection has beaten Reina in recent matches.

Mancini needs a win to get back on track. I expect him to field his strongest side. So expect Aguero, Silva, Toure, Nasri et al...

Mancini needs a win to get back on track. I expect him to field his strongest side. So expect Aguero, Silva, Toure, Nasri et al...

I don't believe his strongest side to be much better than ours if at all ( seriously can you put nasri anywhere near the strongest side). Look forward to the defense snuffing out silva and Aguro (we are no longer constrained by Carraghers pace remember). I worry about Lucas not being there but believe that Spearing can, and will be equal to the task. We will hold them for the first half and 10 mins into the second we will bring on Gerrard, Bellamy, and Carroll, to mix it up and make them panic, 2-1

Utd 84

City 81

Chelsea 71

Spurs 71

Arsenal 68

LFC 67

Happy new year

You think you should be 3rd due to the quality of your play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So you think you play better quality football than Spurs do you?

You lot are so desperately trying to convince yourselves that you are a good side. Sad reality is the gulf between yourselves and the current top four is considerable. We gave you a mauling at WHL if you remember? Or did you deserve to win that 5-4. laugh.png

Who knows, maybe 3rd maybe 4th, at times i think we are playing the best in the league. At others the worse. What i am saying is that our play has been better than the results show. I dare say you could beat Barcelona 10-0 if they had 9 men sent off........maybe. You cannot judge a scoreline that results from such an uneven playing field. Personally i think you were playing better before the sending offs. Stop being so defensive, be glad that you are where you are, and hope you stay there. Also pray that S.parker and bale keep playing, they have been immense and the difference in games too often to be comfortable. The same way that we feel about Stevie G, we have missed him but look out he's back and he's only one man, look forward to seeing Carroll score goals from here on in, and us climbing over you in the league. By the way rednap for Engurland,, should fuc_k you up big time. not so much a club as individuals getting lucky???????????????

Happy new year

Analysis is kind of all about, if -then. this is kinda like would've could've should've. But I will take this on board, it's a bit funny that what you are saying is that Chelsae COULD'VE played better and arsenal SHOULD'VE. But I get what you are saying. Less excuses and more preformance. i think Stevie will be playing full matches in 2 weeks and that we will have more players scoring goals.

I don't believe his strongest side to be much better than ours if at all ( seriously can you put nasri anywhere near the strongest side). Look forward to the defense snuffing out silva and Aguro (we are no longer constrained by Carraghers pace remember). I worry about Lucas not being there but believe that Spearing can, and will be equal to the task. We will hold them for the first half and 10 mins into the second we will bring on Gerrard, Bellamy, and Carroll, to mix it up and make them panic, 2-1

At least 2 if not all of Gerard/Bellamy and Carroll will start.

And although i fancy Carroll to score, i think City will win comfortably.

Our strongest team is way way better than your first 11, and if you dont believe that, you are simply being delusionalsmile.png

Should be a very good game, i think with plenty of goals

Utd 84

City 81

Chelsea 71

Spurs 71

Arsenal 68

LFC 67

Happy new year

Who knows, maybe 3rd maybe 4th, at times i think we are playing the best in the league. At others the worse. What i am saying is that our play has been better than the results show. I dare say you could beat Barcelona 10-0 if they had 9 men sent off........maybe. You cannot judge a scoreline that results from such an uneven playing field. Personally i think you were playing better before the sending offs. Stop being so defensive, be glad that you are where you are, and hope you stay there. Also pray that S.parker and bale keep playing, they have been immense and the difference in games too often to be comfortable. The same way that we feel about Stevie G, we have missed him but look out he's back and he's only one man, look forward to seeing Carroll score goals from here on in, and us climbing over you in the league. By the way rednap for Engurland,, should fuc_k you up big time. not so much a club as individuals getting lucky???????????????

This is called living in La La Land. wai.gif

You don't snuff out players like Silva and Aguero. You try to contain them. Gerard will be a big boost but needs time to get up to pace although at half fit he probably has more pace than Adam.

• Like 1

Interesting if true, and usually local papers have their ears very close to the ground. I also read somewhere recently that he felt homesick, so the Carthorse may even be the rumourmonger....

Newcastle will not be making a move for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll on loan - despite reports linking him with a move back to the club.

Full story: Newcastle Chronicle

He hasn't got a game James.It is noticeably quiet on this thread at the moment what with the realization that they are <deleted> now this season and the PR stunts surrounding Suarez have all come to nothing.

No appeal yet they still are defending him,Dalglish could end up with a worse record than Hodgson giggle.gif

Still Stevie G is back and he will need to be at his best with the carthorse up front alone.

Hard luck last night Liverpool. The 2-0 score line at half time was a bit flattering for us as it was pretty even stevens. However, we converted our chances with a bit of help from Reina !!

I thought we were stuffed when Barry (wrongly IMO) got sent off but our defence coped quite well.

Hard luck last night Liverpool. The 2-0 score line at half time was a bit flattering for us as it was pretty even stevens. However, we converted our chances with a bit of help from Reina !!

I thought we were stuffed when Barry (wrongly IMO) got sent off but our defence coped quite well.

Yep agree with that Bo, we had a couple of chances and some good pressure early doors but same old story, we just can't score...

Awfull mistakes to concede both first goals, never a penalty in my book for the third but then again the Ref was shocking all night.

Fair play to City though you looked comfortable in the end.

Edited by Devil

No appeal yet they still are defending him,Dalglish could end up with a worse record than Hodgson giggle.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Near choked on my cornflakes!

Suarez never stood a chance - this country is stuffed to the gunnels with PC libertarians now. He would have got a max of 4 games ban (rightly) if it were not for a confluence of the Stephen Lawrence trial and that old Swiss goat's pratfall a couple of months ago.

The Pool tactic of not appealing, but whining about it looks pathetic. OK - it looks Wenger-esque!