Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

do you think Kenny (a) should and/or (cool.png will be given a chance to turn things round next season?

i won't be particularly surprised if kenny is not liverpool manager next season.

That's interesting. The team are better than their results, much as I hate to admit that, so maybe another season might help bed them down with KK.

Isn't this the same as with Rafa in the latter stages (and Roy). A team of good players making a lot of goal scoring opportunities yet being unable to score. And forget Carroll's price tag, but he and Suarez, who is one of the best players in the league when he's not writhing on the ground, should be able to do more damage up front than they have.

So what is there to put right? A new striker? Better service from midfield?

I bet the higher the transfer budget goes, the less confident the Yanks are of giving it to KK, so couldn't he try to make do with what he's got?

Sharecropper is an Evertonian Nelly wink.png

Ahhh the sensitive side of Liverpool

A Liverpool fan referring to other fans as sensitive laugh.png Read the posts from Dev and Jimjim! Not forgetting the Rafa sensitivity! whistling.gif

You're just as sensitive without realizing it mate, which is even worse.

Sometimes you seem like you can't bear it that somebody could possibly disagree with your superior opinion, which is of course without any bias. :)

All in good fun, mate, I don't take these boards too seriously though it gets a bit droll at times when there are more Spurs fans posting in here than LFC fans.

No need to bring up Rafa again. Most arguments against him were perceptions or myth that so many fans wanted to believe due to the bias against him in the press they heard constantly and did not question. Very little to do with the actual "facts." I also think his demeanor and nationality played a part in the divided opinions on him, as well.

• Like 1

Sharecropper is an Evertonian Nelly wink.png

Ahhh the sensitive side of Liverpool

A Liverpool fan referring to other fans as sensitive laugh.png Read the posts from Dev and Jimjim! Not forgetting the Rafa sensitivity! whistling.gif

You're just as sensitive without realizing it mate, which is even worse.

Sometimes you seem like you can't bear it that somebody could possibly disagree with your superior opinion, which is of course without any bias. smile.png

All in good fun, mate, I don't take these boards too seriously though it gets a bit droll at times when there are more Spurs fans posting in here than LFC fans.

No need to bring up Rafa again. Most arguments against him were perceptions or myth that so many fans wanted to believe due to the bias against him in the press they heard constantly and did not question. Very little to do with the actual "facts." I also think his demeanor and nationality played a part in the divided opinions on him, as well.

Far be it from me to go back to the Rafa thing but i think you'll find that the reason for the divided opinions on him stem a lot from the Rafa lovefest generated from certain sections of the Liverpool fanbase that other fans found very irritating. The whole rafa really understands us and knows what it is to be a Liverpool fan belly aching. Didn't do much to help him.

I don't think his demeanor had anything to do with it and the spanish waitor thing was nothing more than harmless jest.

BTW, theres nothing wrong with being sensitive.

do you think Kenny (a) should and/or (cool.png will be given a chance to turn things round next season?

i won't be particularly surprised if kenny is not liverpool manager next season.

I am perfectly happy for Kenny to be given further time to turn things around at Liverpool but if he does decide to step down - on the back of two cup finals isnt that bad timing..

What does worry me would be who would be brought into replace him. A lot of the current crop of Premier League managers leave pretty uninspired. I would like a manager with a track record of performing well within a budget. Someone like Emery from Valencia would be good.

I am perfectly happy for Kenny to be given further time to turn things around at Liverpool but if he does decide to step down - on the back of two cup finals isnt that bad timing..

What does worry me would be who would be brought into replace him. A lot of the current crop of Premier League managers leave pretty uninspired. I would like a manager with a track record of performing well within a budget. Someone like Emery from Valencia would be good.

True and for me someone who gets the club, its history, the city and its fans.

i am but somewhat at a push these days. i think he's more likely to step upstairs into a directorial role than just quit. move aside having helped steady the ship as it were.

brendan rodgers at swansea looks like a manager going places, i like him. nothing much else inspiring in the premier league. i'd have rafa benitez back in a heartbeat though.

brendan rodgers at swansea looks like a manager going places, i like him. nothing much else inspiring in the premier league. i'd have rafa benitez back in a heartbeat though.

Thing is though, is that, while you would have rafa back, FSG wouldnt touch him with a 10' pole

Penkoprod

Thing is though, is that, while you would have rafa back, FSG wouldnt touch him with a 10' pole

Penkoprod

what makes you say that mate? i'm not so sure.

i am but somewhat at a push these days. i think he's more likely to step upstairs into a directorial role than just quit. move aside having helped steady the ship as it were.

I agree on Rodgers but i think Spurs will be after him also and maybe another,why you would want Benitez back though is anyone's guess.He ruined you in pursuit of Europe and some of his signings well.........they where as bad as Woys!

Penkoprod

what makes you say that mate? i'm not so sure.

Rafa tends to want to run the whole show, and, lets be honest, here, throws the dummy out of the pram if he doesnt get his way. Talk of tables, lampshades and vicars on mountains of sugar bears this out, and doesnt help his case any, either.

As far as FSG goes, its THEM that run the club, and anyone there else is just an employee of theirs

IF they had wanted him istalled then they had the opportunity to do so, after KK finished his stint of caretaker manger at the end of last season.

Penkoprod

True and for me someone who gets the club, its history, the city and its fans.

Wonderful stuff mate. Please explain this absolute unique thing "this thing of yours" business at LFC whereby a manager has to get the club its fans, the city <deleted> and its history?!

What exactly is there to "get" that makes you so different from the rest of the league and created this manlove lovefest for Rafa? Actions of the fans last season would tell him all he needed to know about them, history is just history right? but granted you can't take it away and you werre a great side some twenty odd years ago. I, like any potential top manager would prefer a long weekend in Barcalona or Madrid as opposed to merseyside to be fair and the club is owned by americans more interested in the Red Sox.

So please tell me why you are so special that a top manager has to prove himself to you?

Are you really this deluded or is this just one big wind up?

Wonderful stuff mate. Please explain this absolute unique thing "this thing of yours" business at LFC whereby a manager has to get the club its fans, the city <deleted> and its history?!

The unique thing is portentous crap. Pay no notice carmine.

Three amazing goals last night from Suarez. Definitely up there for best hattrick.... that's got me thinking of other great hattricks... top five anyone?

The unique thing is portentous crap. Pay no notice carmine.

Three amazing goals last night from Suarez. Definitely up there for best hattrick.... that's got me thinking of other great hattricks... top five anyone?

Senor Suarez at his best. Terrific hat trick. Thinking of great hattricks its up there with the Kanu one for Arsenal and dare i say Ronny the rocket Rosenthal's one against , i think Southhampton.

Seems like there are a few Liverpool players that really want to play in the cup final. wink.png

Suarez's hattrick is the best that I can think of in a Liverpool shirt (although Fowler's 5 minute hattrick against Arsenal is most famous.)

I cant really think of 5 really top hattricks off the top of my head but this one sticks in my mind as being the best I can remember. Anyone beat this?

I cant really think of 5 really top hattricks off the top of my head but this one sticks in my mind as being the best I can remember. Anyone beat this?

Rivaldo eh... hmm... perhaps good divers make good hattrick scorers then... biggrin.png

Rivaldo eh... hmm... perhaps good divers make good hattrick scorers then... biggrin.png

What was the game when he fell down covering his face when the cameras clearly showed the ball hit his shins! Cringeworthy. sick.gif

What was the game when he fell down covering his face when the cameras clearly showed the ball hit his shins! Cringeworthy. sick.gif

2002 World Cup. Brasil v Turkey.

2002 World Cup. Brasil v Turkey.

whistling.gif Simply appalling.

Edited by carmine

At Carmine since you called me out yet again!

Carmine I can honestly say I don't know you but what I can say is I don't think I would like you either, yes this is just a forum but you come across as one of the most spiteful posters on this thread. And you seem to think your opinions or your beliefs are far superior to anyone else's and if anyone should show any passion or support for their team they are to be ridiculed. You make it personal with you constant belittling of my opinions and beliefs instead of just a dig at the team or results (banter) it isn't!

Why would I expect you to understand what I say? But here goes....its called 'The Liverpool Way'

From the moment I was told about Liverpool FC by my family at the age of about 7 or 8 that was that....on the bad days it's a horrible thing but the love never goes away! You learn about a set of common values that I guess define us as Liverpool supporters (I am not saying we are better but just different) and a set of values that give our club and fans the identity and some sense of a relationship with the Club that makes it so special to be a Red with a real unwavering support of the team.

'The Liverpool way' in short it was moulded by Bill Shankly he made Liverpool FC into one of the greatest clubs in world football! It was a vision beyond just football...he wanted to use the City’s characteristics to define the culture of the club. He wanted to give Liverpool a unique identity and to lift the club and its supporters to the best in world football.

When Kenny returned I felt part of that had come back Ten Fold in complete contrast to another recent manager Mr Hodgson! I was gutted when Rafa left, he was a complete outsider like Hodgson but he was a winner and he became part of 'The Liverpool Way' he got us in so many ways and earned the respect of the supporters, even now he speaks of the love of the city and how his family still lives there, his genuine kindness and support to the Hillsborough group and his love of LFC. Even Houllier got us and the club on many levels and had that special love of the city after living and working there as a teacher many years before joining the club.

When you read Kenny's book 'My Liverpool' you read about the impression Shanks had on him, including Bob Paisley, Evans and everything about 'The Liverpool Way' and you get to see the connection with the fans that those managers had and especially what makes Kenny so special to us...

Times move on and players and managers come and go. All I ask is that a manager loves the club as much as WE DO or makes that effort to 'Get us' it is very obvious who does or doesn't. I would love to see the likes of a Carra come though and be part of the management and keep that sense of the Boot Room going and 'The Liverpool Way ' alive in the club. I would also love to see a young talented manager come in who whoever that may be but become part of what I have said just as many past managers have done.

I could go on all day but this will all fall on many deaf ears especially one persons ! as much as a Christian will have when listening to a Muslims beliefs and so on...I am sure some fellow reds who are old enough will certainly get what I am saying?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

• Like 2

The unique thing is portentous crap. Pay no notice carmine That seems a bit pretentious to me biggrin.png Personally I would just like a manager who knows our history and could get us some trophies.....uhm maybe Kenny can do that. wink.png

At Carmine since you called me out yet again!

Carmine I can honestly say I don't know you but what I can say is I don't think I would like you either, yes this is just a forum but you come across as one of the most spiteful posters on this thread. And you seem to think your opinions or your beliefs are far superior to anyone else's and if anyone should show any passion or support for their team they are to be ridiculed. You make it personal with you constant belittling of my opinions and beliefs instead of just a dig at the team or results (banter) it isn't!

Why would I expect you to understand what I say? But here goes....its called 'The Liverpool Way'

From the moment I was told about Liverpool FC by my family at the age of about 7 or 8 that was that....on the bad days it's a horrible thing but the love never goes away! You learn about a set of common values that I guess define us as Liverpool supporters (I am not saying we are better but just different) and a set of values that give our club and fans the identity and some sense of a relationship with the Club that makes it so special to be a Red with a real unwavering support of the team.

'The Liverpool way' in short it was moulded by Bill Shankly he made Liverpool FC into one of the greatest clubs in world football! It was a vision beyond just football...he wanted to use the City’s characteristics to define the culture of the club. He wanted to give Liverpool a unique identity and to lift the club and its supporters to the best in world football.

When Kenny returned I felt part of that had come back Ten Fold in complete contrast to another recent manager Mr Hodgson! I was gutted when Rafa left, he was a complete outsider like Hodgson but he was a winner and he became part of 'The Liverpool Way' he got us in so many ways and earned the respect of the supporters, even now he speaks of the love of the city and how his family still lives there, his genuine kindness and support to the Hillsborough group and his love of LFC. Even Houllier got us and the club on many levels and had that special love of the city after living and working there as a teacher many years before joining the club.

When you read Kenny's book 'My Liverpool' you read about the impression Shanks had on him, including Bob Paisley, Evans and everything about 'The Liverpool Way' and you get to see the connection with the fans that those managers had and especially what makes Kenny so special to us...

Times move on and players and managers come and go. All I ask is that a manager loves the club as much as WE DO or makes that effort to 'Get us' it is very obvious who does or doesn't. I would love to see the likes of a Carra come though and be part of the management and keep that sense of the Boot Room going and 'The Liverpool Way ' alive in the club. I would also love to see a young talented manager come in who whoever that may be but become part of what I have said just as many past managers have done.

I could go on all day but this will all fall on many deaf ears especially one persons ! as much as a Christian will have when listening to a Muslims beliefs and so on...I am sure some fellow reds who are old enough will certainly get what I am saying?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

I like this post and think you have explained the Liverpool philosophy well. The Liverpool way is a philosophy that the club still tries to adhere to, but we live in a different age now and to get the results and status we want we need to change and accept that we cannot just employ or develop a manager from within who lives and breathes the Liverpool way. What I do believe though is that the managers who will succeed most at Liverpool in the future will be those who learn to understand it and can use it to the best effect. I did not really like Morriniho as a man; but I think that he would have understood what Liverpool were about and would have eventually fitted in perfectly, I believe this would have taken time though. Another I think would have fitted would have been Martin O Neil, a man I have major respect for. What I mean is you do not have to be born understanding the Liverpool way, but you can learn to understand it and if you could harness that, and use it alongside your own skills you would be a winner here and gain the love of the fans. Obviously you would need to take us to at least 3 premiership titles a champions league trophy toothumbsup.gif