Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

i put down to prince kenny buying duds with 100 million pounds, cant blame your owners for tightening up the purse strings after last year.

If Torres hadn't thrown in a transfer request in the last 24 hours of the window then things would be a lot better all round. Don't forget Comolli's part in things aswell.

What a disappointing window that was in the end. I pray for a miracle that both Borini and Suarez will have to have a blinding seasons in front of goal...

Its odd because watching BR Press Conference yesterday (pre Arsenal) he clearly thought and said along the lines of - we were getting a couple of players in on deadline day and one being a 'reputable goal scorer'

So we never got in the players he wanted - what a royal fu_k up this has been...Sorry to repeat this again but to loan out Carroll with no replacement lined up! well that’s just madness.

- Anyone know what is the deal with loans - even though the transfer window is closed can clubs still get players in on loan ? I heard Sturridge was a target for us as a loan deal but he wanted a permanent move - we didn’t have the funds or didnt want to pay the fee asked.

Looking at the INS/OUTS below - we have essentially sold/loaned players that contributed to a 3rd of our goals last season and it was obvious even last season we didnt score enough goals huh.png

Summary of First team player movements this transfer window

OUT

Kuyt

Maxi

Aurelio

Bellamy

Aquilani

Adam

Spearing (loan)

Carroll (loan)

IN

Borini

Allen

Sahin (loan)

Assaidi

I just watched his pre-Arsenal press conference and it's obvious he wanted to get one or even two in before the end of the day.

I have read that Fulham wanted us to pay 7 million and then accepted 6 million from Spurs so not sure what that's all about, unless they were just being bitter.

Hell, maybe it's all a blessing in disguise and we'll see Suso and Morgan given more chances. Can't do anything about all this crap now...

Regarding Europa League we're in a fairly tough group though Italy and Switzerland aren't too far away, with only one trip to Russia the annoying one. I heard Anzi actually play European matches in Moscow so we wouldn't have to go all the way to their home stadium on the Caspian Sea. Supposed to be a somewhat dangerous area from what I hear...

This is such a telling quote from Rodgers that it's obvious things did not go to plan and according to his words, in hindsight, he considers us short of numbers. He said this after he had confirmed Carroll left on loan:

"We need cover and other players to come in to help the group, so I hope over the course of the next 24 hours that can happen. That could only have been the case to let Andy out, otherwise we'd be short of numbers."

no matter what has happened it is clear that there was no real plan when it came to the transfer window.....zero......I agree selling Carroll without a replacement ready to come in was madness.......the squad is small and very inexperienced......european football, league cup, FA cup and league is going to take its toll on the players this season....and then come January transfer window, more speculation about players like Skertel, Aggar, Suarez......etc....The Americans have shown there true colours this time................and starting to look no better than the last ones..............How must BR be feeling right now???? - wishing he stayed at Swansea I bet.........where at least they brought in players........

I just watched his pre-Arsenal press conference and it's obvious he wanted to get one or even two in before the end of the day.

I have read that Fulham wanted us to pay 7 million and then accepted 6 million from Spurs so not sure what that's all about, unless they were just being bitter.

Hell, maybe it's all a blessing in disguise and we'll see Suso and Morgan given more chances. Can't do anything about all this crap now...

Regarding Europa League we're in a fairly tough group though Italy and Switzerland aren't too far away, with only one trip to Russia the annoying one. I heard Anzi actually play European matches in Moscow so we wouldn't have to go all the way to their home stadium on the Caspian Sea. Supposed to be a somewhat dangerous area from what I hear...

This is such a telling quote from Rodgers that it's obvious things did not go to plan and according to his words, in hindsight, he considers us short of numbers. He said this after he had confirmed Carroll left on loan:

"We need cover and other players to come in to help the group, so I hope over the course of the next 24 hours that can happen. That could only have been the case to let Andy out, otherwise we'd be short of numbers."

i believe i read somewhere the reason Fulham quoted 7 mil to LFC and 6Mil to everyone else was bc of Rodgers behaviour in relation to unsettling their player.....talking about him before LFC even made an approach.......

i believe i read somewhere the reason Fulham quoted 7 mil to LFC and 6Mil to everyone else was bc of Rodgers behaviour in relation to unsettling their player.....talking about him before LFC even made an approach.......

It feels is if we have been trying to buy Demspey for 2 months now and yet Spurs can buy him in 10 minutes...again doesnt add up!

So pretty heroic effort to end the window with a weaker strike force than we started with.

While I am all for balancing the books the actual timing is pretty bad. Liverpool along with all the other clubs will get approximately an additional 25m in additional revenue next year when the new Prem Rights deal kicks in which is only going to mean that getting players will be even more expensive. I reckon Spurs did the right thing in increasing their wage limit during the recent window.

It seems the end of the window was a real shambles. Letting go of Carroll is understandable, not replacing him is pretty unforgivable.

According to the Guardian Fulham say Liverpool offered just £3m for Dempsey! Wow.

I reckon they would have met Villa and Spurs offer. Liverpool just dicked Fulham around early doors with the whole saga and big Mo' wasn't having it and set us higher price once the late offers came in. Bad poker playing, should have bought him early and gambled on the Carroll loan deal going through in the end.

What a disappointing window that was in the end. I pray for a miracle that both Borini and Suarez will have to have a blinding seasons in front of goal...

Its odd because watching BR Press Conference yesterday (pre Arsenal) he clearly thought and said along the lines of - we were getting a couple of players in on deadline day and one being a 'reputable goal scorer'

So we never got in the players he wanted - what a royal fu_k up this has been...Sorry to repeat this again but to loan out Carroll with no replacement lined up! well that’s just madness.

- Anyone know what is the deal with loans - even though the transfer window is closed can clubs still get players in on loan ? I heard Sturridge was a target for us as a loan deal but he wanted a permanent move - we didn’t have the funds or didnt want to pay the fee asked.

Looking at the INS/OUTS below - we have essentially sold/loaned players that contributed to a 3rd of our goals last season and it was obvious even last season we didnt score enough goals huh.png

Summary of First team player movements this transfer window

OUT

Kuyt

Maxi

Aurelio

Bellamy

Aquilani

Adam

Spearing (loan)

Carroll (loan)

IN

Borini

Allen

Sahin (loan)

Assaidi

IN

Samed Yesil too

Think he is one for the future but with losing out on Dempsey he may get some 1st team action. I hope he does, cause he has a great scoring record. They nicknamed him "Gerd" after Muller at Leverkusen.

it's obvious not just that rodgers wanted one or two more in but that he was of the belief that there would be one or two more in.

fulham made us pay more for dempsey because we tapped him up - ian ayre's amateurism to the fore yet again. then we realised, despite having slashed about 500k a week off the wage bill and spent 1m on an 18 year old from germany, that we were 2m or so short of fulham's valuation. so we tried to give them jordan henderson in exchange but henderson turned the move down.

we are a fuc_king farce of a football club run by amateurs and owned by carpetbaggers.

it's obvious not just that rodgers wanted one or two more in but that he was of the belief that there would be one or two more in.

fulham made us pay more for dempsey because we tapped him up - ian ayre's amateurism to the fore yet again. then we realised, despite having slashed about 500k a week off the wage bill and spent 1m on an 18 year old from germany, that we were 2m or so short of fulham's valuation. so we tried to give them jordan henderson in exchange but henderson turned the move down.

we are a fuc_king farce of a football club run by amateurs and owned by carpetbaggers.

Not to ruin your day even more Stevie - more talk of Owen on his way back as hes a free agent and might make sense for BR ohmy.png

i put down to prince kenny buying duds with 100 million pounds, cant blame your owners for tightening up the purse strings after last year.

Get with the script James it is Roy Hodgson's fault all of it! and Liverpool are getting a little dose of medicine back for the way they treated the Fulham posse. wink.png

What goes round comes round? whistling.gif

Not to ruin your day even more Stevie - more talk of Owen on his way back as hes a free agent and might make sense for BR ohmy.png

i reckon there's more chance of me signing for liverpool dev.

He sold near £100m worth too don't forget!

indeed. that doesn't suit the tabloid headline narrative that some people are only capable of thinking in line with.

i reckon there's more chance of me signing for liverpool dev.

He sold near £100m worth too don't forget!

indeed. that doesn't suit the tabloid headline narrative that some people are only capable of thinking in line with.

Well as long as you can play as a Striker biggrin.png

Howard Web was <deleted> again -clear penalty and 2nd yellow, which could of made it 1-1 and Arsenal down to 10 men...

Anyway we didn't create chances today which is not a good sign! Yes we looked comfortable when we were on the ball... but when we lost it high up the pitch we looked so exposed on the counter - (again missed Lucas) but fair play to Arsenal today they looked good in the final third.

I was trying to think of who we can bring on around 60-70mins to add to the attacking options - NO ONE! we just had defenders on the bench and Shelvey to swap for Sahin.

Positives is that Shelvey really is looking a player isn't he? strong, ability and passion. Sterling is fitting in well and Allen impresses again with his neat passing and possession.

Patience is needed by all I know but good God that was a bad day at the office. Worst time to get a defeat right before a International break.

Edited by Devil

Positives is that Shelvey really is looking a player isn't he? strong, ability and passion. Sterling is fitting in well and Allen impresses again with his neat passing and possession.

I also thought Downing looked threatening.

You really don't have anyone to come off the bench and score for you - what would "I'm still great, honest" Owen cost in wages?

I hope we get to see Samed Yesil get some time up front. He's only 18 but he's a massive prospect. Thank you Sammi!!!!

You can see the improvements in the teams style of play but we are lacking an out and out striker.

Gerrard needs a kick up the arse. In fact is start with Shelvey in place of him against Subderland.

• Like 1

I think this article says it all.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19458601

Brendan Rogers has made a tactical mistake, he destroyed Andy Carroll's confidence by declaring him surplus to requirements weeks ago and then waits till the next to last minute before releasing him on loan, and then fails to replace him.

It's a diabolical managerial error, now the story of friction with the board will run and we Liverpool fans are being sold down the swanee again. At this rate we'll be lucky to be top 8. Shocking.

I think this article says it all.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19458601

Brendan Rogers has made a tactical mistake, he destroyed Andy Carroll's confidence by declaring him surplus to requirements weeks ago and then waits till the next to last minute before releasing him on loan, and then fails to replace him.

It's a diabolical managerial error, now the story of friction with the board will run and we Liverpool fans are being sold down the swanee again. At this rate we'll be lucky to be top 8. Shocking.

I read that Beeb article before and thought McNulty had been at a different game. Far too negative on Liverpool's performance and far too positive on Arsenal. Quit the hair shirt - you only have that one position to sort (maybe borrow a goalie in case Pepe keeps dropping a proverbial).

Another poor start to the season,AGAIN...grrr,my patience is wearing thin,another loss at Anfailed.When are we going to stick 3 or 4 in the back of the net? great posession at times,poor finishing,just drives me mad,maybe i should not watch another game,otherwise i may have to retrieve the idiot box from the pool.