Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I've said it before. We all need to keep race politics and religion out of forums or they fall into slagging fests. Some posters come over as conceited t***s (opps nearly put all the letters in that then), but it can be wind ups too. Also some posters cannot take criticism and get all uptight, but love doling it out. At points i have hated every single non LFC poster on the thread, but...hey I got over it. Now <deleted> off

Should read..............."We all need to keep race, politics, religion and Suarez cheating, out of forums...................." clap2.giflaugh.png

And add discussion's about Football to that list toolaugh.png

• Like 1

rubbish. he invented diving, the dirty foreign cheat. get with the program.

The oh so predictable race card.

the oh so predictable sneering superiority.

i'm sure you used to be an interesting poster rix. when did you become so tedious?

The oh so predictable totally baseless accusation of sneering superiority... i mean really, where are you getting that from?

I find it hard to imagine how you coped on forums like this when Ronaldo was playing for United. After all, his diving and feigning of injury antics were if anything, even more renowned and prolific than Suarez's, and the general dislike for him across the board - or should i say the bigoted sneering superiority attacks on him - was even greater. Must of been a tough and uncomfortable period for you...

As for the, when did you become so tedious question, sorry it has come to personal insults Stevie. Always respected your opinion. If the feeling is not mutual, guess not much i can do about that. I'm only expressing what i think, my opinion, just like everyone does and indeed like you do too. Be a much more tedious place if we all agreed about everything.

You keep going on about Ronaldo as a comparison but its not. The English vitriol towards that horrid specimen stems largely from the notorious winking incident when he contrived to have Rooney, his club teamate, sent off. Deliberately getting a fellow "professional" dismissedes a far worse crime than anything being laid a the doorstep of Suarez.

All Suarez does is feign diving and go down easily the same as all other footballers yet Utd fans seem to have started a crusade to make him the FIFA world figurehead in cheating. Crickey Rix, i'm a neutral on this yet i just can't see why any so called logic suggests Suarez is any diiferent. Don't blame the player, blame the governing body who decides how the refs officiate and how they penalise such offences and with what severity. I think he's little more than a tiny pawn in a big chess game.

Edited by carmine

I've said it before. We all need to keep race politics and religion out of forums or they fall into slagging fests. Some posters come over as conceited t***s (opps nearly put all the letters in that then), but it can be wind ups too. Also some posters cannot take criticism and get all uptight, but love doling it out. At points i have hated every single non LFC poster on the thread, but...hey I got over it. Now <deleted> off

Also some posters cannot take criticism and get all uptight, but love doling it out

Well. I admire your frankness, but I think Stevie H won't!

I was out with a LFC-supporting depressive last night and I told him the fun in seeing Liverpool like they are will soon disappear for Everton fans. If you lose Suarez, as I predict you will, and the fight has gone out of your team, who will score the goals? I really wouldn't want to see you relegated, but without him you might be.

You talk rubbish...... a lot, and are doing it again. Your jealousy ruins your perspective. A good season so far, but you are up and down more than a tarts nickers on walking street. Next season it could be you who are relegated.

Everton boss David Moyes could wait until May to decide future

Even your boss has no confidence in you

You keep going on about Ronaldo as a comparison but its not. The English vitriol towards that horrid specimen stems largely from the notorious winking incident when he contrived to have Rooney, his club teamate, sent off. Deliberately getting a fellow "professional" dismissedes a far worse crime than anything being laid a the doorstep of Suarez.

Firstly carms, i don't believe that is true. Feelings towards Ronaldo existed long before that winking incident and they existed because he was a cheating twunt that made a meal out of almost every tackle anyone dared make against him - no different really from Suarez.

But even if what you say was true, and the vitriol against Ronaldo had nothing to do with his diving and feigning of injury, but to do with one occasion when he winked and contrived to get someone sent off, i don't see how diving in the box when there has been no contact at all, is any less a crime, because it is contriving to both score a goal that your team doesn't deserve, and quite possibly get a defender carded or sent off.

How you can distinguish between these two "crimes" i really don't know, and how you can argue that it was perfectly acceptable for Ronaldo to get all the abuse he did, and argue that those doing the abusing weren't doing it because they were racist, did not have sneering superiority complexes, were not unfairly singling him out, but the moment anyone dares to criticize Suarez, they must be all those things. It is these attacks being made against anyone who criticizes Suarez, which is generating this endless debate that you find so boring. If all Liverpool supporters did as the likes on nellyp has done, and as the likes of a lot of United supporters did (not all of course) when Ronaldo was the subject of abuse, and simply say, yep, great talent, and lucky to have him in the team, but that diving is embarrassing and wish he would cut it out, then there really wouldn't be much left to say on the matter. Not that of course when he dives again, it won't be mentioned, but debates like these wouldn't be going on as long as they are.

If you still don't like the Ronaldo comparison and still feel the abuse against him was somehow justified whereas with Suarez it isn't, explain to me your feelings on Nani, and why over the last couple of years, all of the abuse you have directed at him has been perfectly ok, in no way boring, isn't because you have a sneering superiority complex, isn't because you are unfairly trying to argue he is the only cheat, and isn't because you are a bigoted Daily Mail reader? I don't happen to think you are any of those things and would never accuse you in that way. I understand why you don't like Nani and have never attacked you personally because you don't like him.

And add discussion's about Football to that list toolaugh.png

Why not just "Discussions" ...and the silence was deafening...and man u fans started eating themselves as they had nowhere to gloatsmile.png

One day you lot will rise again so Liverppol fans can gloat like they did in the 70's and 80's but cannot see that being anytime soon, you are further away than we have seen you lot from winning the league than i care to remember.

Maybe we have something to gloat about at the end of the season, you just don't know with united we might implode and end up with nowt so i for one are not counting my chickens right now mate.

Also some posters cannot take criticism and get all uptight, but love doling it out

I was out with a LFC-supporting depressive last night and I told him the fun in seeing Liverpool like they are will soon disappear for Everton fans. If you lose Suarez, as I predict you will, and the fight has gone out of your team, who will score the goals? I really wouldn't want to see you relegated, but without him you might be.

clap2.gif You really are inept when comes to trying to wind us up

Firstly carms, i don't believe that is true. Feelings towards Ronaldo existed long before that winking incident and they existed because he was a cheating twunt that made a meal out of almost every tackle anyone dared make against him - no different really from Suarez.

But even if what you say was true, and the vitriol against Ronaldo had nothing to do with his diving and feigning of injury, but to do with one occasion when he winked and contrived to get someone sent off, i don't see how diving in the box when there has been no contact at all, is any less a crime, because it is contriving to both score a goal that your team doesn't deserve, and quite possibly get a defender carded or sent off.

How you can distinguish between these two "crimes" i really don't know, and how you can argue that it was perfectly acceptable for Ronaldo to get all the abuse he did, and argue that those doing the abusing weren't doing it because they were racist, did not have sneering superiority complexes, were not unfairly singling him out, but the moment anyone dares to criticize Suarez, they must be all those things. It is these attacks being made against anyone who criticizes Suarez, which is generating this endless debate that you find so boring. If all Liverpool supporters did as the likes on nellyp has done, and as the likes of a lot of United supporters did (not all of course) when Ronaldo was the subject of abuse, and simply say, yep, great talent, and lucky to have him in the team, but that diving is embarrassing and wish he would cut it out, then there really wouldn't be much left to say on the matter. Not that of course when he dives again, it won't be mentioned, but debates like these wouldn't be going on as long as they are.

If you still don't like the Ronaldo comparison and still feel the abuse against him was somehow justified whereas with Suarez it isn't, explain to me your feelings on Nani, and why over the last couple of years, all of the abuse you have directed at him has been perfectly ok, in no way boring, isn't because you have a sneering superiority complex, isn't because you are unfairly trying to argue he is the only cheat, and isn't because you are a bigoted Daily Mail reader? I don't happen to think you are any of those things and would never accuse you in that way. I understand why you don't like Nani and have never attacked you personally because you don't like him.

Well ofcourse the worst example of cheating i've ever seen robbed us of a definate win at Old Trafford when Carroll scooped the ball out of his net and pathetically pretended it hadn't crossed the line. thats by far the worst exanple of cheating i'll probably see in my lifetime. I think fergusons comment was we might have been "unlucky" Another example of his lack of quality. Happy to put two points over honesty and integrity.

Now thats what i call cheating. You are looking at the ball, one meter over your goal line and you still cheat the referee. But no, Utd fans didn't call that cheating did they. They just carried on about us never winning at OT and highlighted it as just another example of the need for more technology.

BTW i use the term crime for a footballing offense in the same way that ferguson considerers the ball hitting a players head as a case for possible manslaughter. The similarities amuse me thats all. smile.png

Edited by carmine

Well ofcourse the worst example of cheating i've ever seen robbed us of a definate win at Old Trafford when Carroll scooped the ball out of his net and pathetically pretended it hadn't crossed the line. thats by far the worst exanple of cheating i'll probably see in my lifetime. I think fergusons comment was we might have been "unlucky" Another example of his lack of quality. Happy to put two points over honesty and integrity.

Now thats what i call cheating. You are looking at the ball, one meter over your goal line and you still cheat the referee. But no, Utd fans didn't call that cheating did they. They just carried on about us never winning at OT and highlighted it as just another example of the need for more technology.

BTW i use the term crime for a footballing offense in the same way that ferguson considerers the ball hitting a players head as a case for possible manslaughter. The similarities amuse me thats all. smile.png

So basically then, when a certain bit of cheating or a certain cheater winds you up and makes you angry, that's ok and you can complain about it without it being boring, without being a bigoted Daily Mail reader who has it in for foreigners, without trying to argue that they are the only one who ever cheats, without having a sneering superiority complex.... but when someone else, say me for example, is wound up by a bit of cheating or a cheater and that person makes me angry, that's not ok and i can't complain about it and if i do, i must be a boring bigoted Daily Mail reader with a sneering superiority complex who has it in for foreigners and who thinks that nobody else ever cheats.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not condoning any cheating, so you can go on coming up with as many other examples of cheating that don't include Suarez all day, it won't make a difference. That's not of course to say we will always agree on every singe incident as to whether or not it did constitute cheating, but essentially yes they do all cheat at some time, i don't deny that. Do they all cheat with the same degree of frequency? No. Some cheat more than others. Going after those who cheat more, those who cheat the most, is not hypocrisy and it is not akin to saying they are the only culprits. It means they are the ones at the top of the heap who, if you favour a clampdown on cheating, (i appreciate there are some who bizarrely don't and would like us to embrace cheating as part of the game), it is natural to begin with. That might not always be totally fair. Sometimes the exposure of certain cheats may be exaggerated because of how high profile they are. That could be argued both in the case of Ronaldo and Suarez. The clubs they play(ed) for and the skill they have and the number of goals they score brings with it a greater spotlight than other players "enjoy". Tough titties is all i can say to that. Nobody makes a player cheat.

• Like 1

Forgot to add that i was not saying the abuse towards Ronaldo was justified. merely saying that was a major reason for it. i will admit that i do find nani a thoroughly odious little sh1t. his diving is one aspect but for me its more about the manner in which he goes about things. he just seems a totally dislikeable individual, self adoring and without respect for anyone. Atleast with Ronaldo you can sit back and admire a truely world class player despite any faults

You talk rubbish...... a lot, and are doing it again. Your jealousy ruins your perspective. A good season so far, but you are up and down more than a tarts nickers on walking street. Next season it could be you who are relegated.

But that's been Everton all my life. I'm well used to see-saw mediocrity; it's you lot who now need to adapt to finding yourselves in the same boat.

'Jealousy' - you are funny...

clap2.gif You really are inept when comes to trying to wind us up

Au contraire - it seems I'm successful even when I'm not even trying.

• Like 1

Forgot to add that i was not saying the abuse towards Ronaldo was justified. merely saying that was a major reason for it. i will admit that i do find nani a thoroughly odious little sh1t. his diving is one aspect but for me its more about the manner in which he goes about things. he just seems a totally dislikeable individual, self adoring and without respect for anyone. Atleast with Ronaldo you can sit back and admire a truely world class player despite any faults

You dislike Nani not because of where he comes from, or because you think he is the only player to ever cheat, or because you have unfairly got it in for him, but because of who he is and how he behaves, right? I get that.

Why is it you can justifiably feel that way about Nani, but if i feel that way about Suarez (albeit i do have a lot more respect for his skills as a football player than you do for Nani), it must be because i am a racist, because i think he is the only player to ever cheat, because i have unfairly got it in for him? Seems like you get to chose which players it is ok to dislike, and which players it isn't.

Seriously though you have to respect players with a work ethic and Suarez falls into that category.

His work ethics are great.

He's a professional footballer. Most of them nowadays will dive for an advantage of any kind.

Winding up the scousers with this one is waaay tired.

Let's move on to more entertaining wind ups please! :D

Seriously though you have to respect players with a work ethic and Suarez falls into that category.

He's a professional footballer. Most of them nowadays will dive for an advantage of any kind.

Let's move on to more entertaining wind ups please! biggrin.png

Smokie and LeungKen....Guardian Angels of the football thread. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Let's move on to more entertaining wind ups please! biggrin.png

I am accusing Suarez of being a cheat (no, he is not the only one) and after a long period of denial, everybody now seems to accept he is... and in return, i am being accused of being a boring hypocritical bigot with a sneering superiority complex. Who exactly is winding up who here smokie?

Taste of yer own medicine rix.

We all gotta take it on the chin sometimes! tongue.png

My "own medicine" has never been accusing anyone on here of something as serious as bigotry. I tend to stick to throwing my accusations in the direction of multi-millionaire football players, who i think at times need a break from all that adoration (who wouldn't?), not other members. If i have thrown any serious accusations at other members, please point out "my medicine", and i will apologise.

Taste of yer own medicine rix.

We all gotta take it on the chin sometimes! tongue.png

My "own medicine" has never been accusing anyone on here of something as serious as bigotry. I tend to stick to throwing my accusations in the direction of multi-millionaire football players, who i think at times need a break from all that adoration (who wouldn't?), not other members. If i have thrown any serious accusations at other members, please point out "my medicine", and i will apologise.

I was generalising rix....relax mate. smile.png

Is it just me or does anyone else think our downturn in form has a lot to do with Sturridge being out?

I don't vthink you have really hit a consistent high mate despite rodgers coming out with that stupid comment after the game the other day when he said the loss was a shame because it ended a "terrific run" that run was one win in five! He has to start thinking before he speaks to the media

Recent form has been better, a lot down to Sturridge and in answer to your question you definately missed him the other day. He's settled in very quickly and its a real positive. He's a better player than i thought he was.

The consistency will come but as has be commented on already the defense is a soft touch at the mo but i still think Rodgers has done ok this season, be it a frustrating one but the faults not on his shoulders.

Is Reina starting to look a little bit of a shadow of his former self?

But that's been Everton all my life. I'm well used to see-saw mediocrity; it's you lot who now need to adapt to finding yourselves in the same boat.

'Jealousy' - you are funny...

Thank you to the man in blue

Is it just me or does anyone else think our downturn in form has a lot to do with Sturridge being out?

Please stop talking about football and lets get back to the main points like diving, cheating, foreign players, and the wearing of gloves if its a bit chilly

• Like 1

I don't know about a shadow but he is not at his best, his decision making is a bit off. I'm a bit confused about our defence, I thought it was really good, it's not like we have changed a massive amount.

I don't vthink you have really hit a consistent high mate despite rodgers coming out with that stupid comment after the game the other day when he said the loss was a shame because it ended a "terrific run" that run was one win in five! He has to start thinking before he speaks to the media

Recent form has been better, a lot down to Sturridge and in answer to your question you definately missed him the other day. He's settled in very quickly and its a real positive. He's a better player than i thought he was.

The consistency will come but as has be commented on already the defense is a soft touch at the mo but i still think Rodgers has done ok this season, be it a frustrating one but the faults not on his shoulders.

I just looked at our results since the New Year and yeah our form is pretty bad. I had a feeling that we were playing good football though, and I that was since Suttridge arrived.

When I watched us against the Baggies and Zenit (might have thought differently if Suarez had finished his chances). It seems like we have no penetration or lack ideas except to pass it around a lot and eventually we might have dig or get an opening for a shot, but not scary looking, much like we were before Sturridge arrived.

When Sturridge plays we seem a lot more direct to goal, from further up the pitch, faster paced and with greater movement. Gerrard seems to have a greater freedom and influence on the offense.

Defense like Nellyp has mentioned above is baffling, I've never seen a Liverpool team so exposed at the back. The counter goals have shown us up badly and some of the other goals have been school boy marking errors.

Yeah Reina was a great keeper with some questionable flaws (punches a ball like a girl) but he made up for it with some fantastic game changer saves. Now it seems he is becoming more consistently bad than good. I don't know, keepers seem to go through phases, it's just you never know how long that phase is going to last, they either come back again and again or they disappear. I still believe he can come back, but I'm not sure he'll be around next year, time for some new blood

Edited by BangrakBob