Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

this is potentially good news.

Suarez: I’m staying
Luis Suarez intends to be at Liverpool for at least the next four years, scotching speculation he will look for a summer transfer
Jonathan Northcroft Published: 21 April 2013
Faced by continued stories suggesting that he wants to leave to play Champions League football, Suarez insisted: “I’ll be here next season, yes. Not only am I playing for Liverpool, I am playing in one of the best leagues in the world.”
Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Juventus have all been linked to the Uruguayan, England’s top scorer in 2012-13 with 29 goals. Speculation about his future increased after he gave an interview in Uruguay last month and was quoted as saying he would “welcome” any approach from a Champions League club. He explained that he had been asked what his feelings would be if Liverpool invited offers for him, only for the original question to be omitted by the British media.
Suarez, who signed a contract last season that tied him at Anfield until 2017, said: “I’m very happy here and I want to see out my contract, though in football you never quite know what’s ahead.” Invited to explain, he said: “A club can decide they don’t want you, even though you want to stay. In football things never turn out the way you plan.”

I hope you are right Stevie. Asset to the EPL as well as Liverpool. Dont want to see him go to Manchester or Chelsea and current Arsenal management is not ambitious enough to sign such a player. Ergo, staying at Liverpool is just fine smile.png

I hope you are right Stevie. Asset to the EPL as well as Liverpool. Dont want to see him go to Manchester or Chelsea and current Arsenal management is not ambitious enough to sign such a player. Ergo, staying at Liverpool is just fine smile.png

Liverpool just have to keep fingers crossed Barcelona or Madrid don't come knocking. wink.png

Yeah i must admit, for all his faults, well documented as they are, he is a special player and it would be a loss to the Premier League if he went. Enjoy watching him play.... unless it's against us.

With regards ambition, City have all the money in the world and they have a player a few miles down the road in Suarez who would make such a difference to their team. If they don't at the very least try throwing down a bunch of dosh on the table and seeing what happens, they are complete idiots.

this is potentially good news.

Suarez: I’m staying
Luis Suarez intends to be at Liverpool for at least the next four years, scotching speculation he will look for a summer transfer
Jonathan Northcroft Published: 21 April 2013
Faced by continued stories suggesting that he wants to leave to play Champions League football, Suarez insisted: “I’ll be here next season, yes. Not only am I playing for Liverpool, I am playing in one of the best leagues in the world.”
Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Juventus have all been linked to the Uruguayan, England’s top scorer in 2012-13 with 29 goals. Speculation about his future increased after he gave an interview in Uruguay last month and was quoted as saying he would “welcome” any approach from a Champions League club. He explained that he had been asked what his feelings would be if Liverpool invited offers for him, only for the original question to be omitted by the British media.
Suarez, who signed a contract last season that tied him at Anfield until 2017, said: “I’m very happy here and I want to see out my contract, though in football you never quite know what’s ahead.” Invited to explain, he said: “A club can decide they don’t want you, even though you want to stay. In football things never turn out the way you plan.”

So he'll be gone by August then 4.gif

Liverpool just have to keep fingers crossed Barcelona or Madrid don't come knocking. wink.png

so far at least madrid's and barca's summer targets seem to be otherwise. but of course you never know.

on a separate note, rafa benitez laid flowers at anfield for the hillsborough memorial yesterday and added a single rose for anne williams. no wonder he's still loved so on merseyside.

Has Rodgers got anything to worry about stevie? Or was the Benetiz era in the past, to stay in the past?

on a separate note, rafa benitez laid flowers at anfield for the hillsborough memorial yesterday and added a single rose for anne williams. no wonder he's still loved so on merseyside.

Has Rodgers got anything to worry about stevie? Or was the Benetiz era in the past, to stay in the past?

i'd be very surprised if he ever managed liverpool again boj. particularly while we're still owned by FSG. maybe one day though. i think he still feels he has unfinished business because he was basically forced out due to the fighting with hicks and gillett. think rodgers has got time from these current owners though. though my own belief is that benitez had done enough in five years to be allowed the poor season of 09/10 and to be worth more time. and i'd expect us to be in much better shape these days if he'd stayed at the club then.

• Like 1

For the life of me, I dont understand why he has not got Sturridge starting.

I thought he was a shoe in to score, particularly against his old club.

Rodgers has screwed up my fantasy team totally!!bah.gif

sturridge has been a bit off the boil recently. and bugger your fantasy team. :)

sturridge has been a bit off the boil recently. and bugger your fantasy team. smile.png

Well it is buggered now.... I had Sturridge as my captain!!

sturridge has been a bit off the boil recently. and bugger your fantasy team. smile.png

Well he's smokin hot for the first 2 mins of the second half. Certainly making an impact.

Did they not feed Suarez before tonights game tongue.png

Brilliant player, but its things like that which sort of make me hope he doesnt become a City player. Just too much of a hothead

Yeah, shame really.

Did they not feed Suarez before tonights game tongue.png

I didn't know his nickname in Holland is the cannibal!!

No, me neither. Never knew he had a lengthy ban in Holland for biting.

I hope Chelsea lose all their next matches, utter shambles. Couldn't keep the ball if their life depended on it.

You and me both....I will add carms and Alf to the list too if they don't mind....laugh.png

Hard luck Seapok....I hope your marathon effort today was enough happiness for ya....cos there aint gonna be any more this season! tongue.png

Totally totally, bizarre match , where do you start? good enuf result for spurs clap2.gif some great footie, and 2 liverpool goals by players who arguably should have seen reds ,sturridge via a nasty nasty challenge and liverpools deserved injury time equalizer through bite boy suarez. Surely suarez has to go?,isnt this is now about the clubs reputation being greater than any one player? , and he has, now surely crossed the defend-able threshold, but what ever,,,he seriously needs some psychological help. lets just hope for liverpools sake, and actually english prem footballs credibility, that they take time some proper time/advice and consider how they handle it and hopefully it'll end up being be somewhat better than how they handled the last ,,,, ish suarez incident.