Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

correct. so we have to rely on common sense. and in this instance the FA has said that this non-injuring bite is worse than racism, worse than setting out to end a guy's career, worse than breaking a guy's jaw and worse than concussing someone with a forearm smash.

i'm not defending suarez, as i've said throughout he's guilty as sin. but the punishment here simply doesn't fit the crime.

Funny how the racism charge and punishment, that was roundly ridiculed and scoffed at at the time by Liverpool supporters as a joke, is now being held up as something by which to measure other charges against. Personally i think he got off lightly on that occasion, and this time he has got off harshly. Such is life as they say.

Here's an idea, how about, rather than Suarez subjecting himself and his club to the mercy of unscientific subjective rulings from the FA, he stop acting like a complete dick on the pitch... problem solved... and how about Liverpool fans, instead of putting their anger and energy behind how useless the FA is, they focus their energy on getting Suarez to understand what is expected of him, and what is not expected of him, as an LFC employee? In essence, go to the root of the problem.

• Like 2

Can you get it into your head Stevie he has previous doing the same thing in Holland.

Sorry mate,

The incident in Holland cannot be used in evidence, as it was under a different FA.

redrus

correct.

It was more an assessment of the lads character and not about his 10 game ban by the FA,the previous i know cannot be taken into account on this charge obviously.

It still does not excuse the fact he has done the same thing before.....but carry on defending your superstar at all costs.

By the way did you see the punch he is going to get banned for at international level also??

Mrred, the English FA can't bring up previous bans or incidents that are being investigated as these two incidents are outside of the FA's control. Suarez was banned by the Dutch FA, how can the English now use this against them when they have no power there? FIFA have said they are looking into the punch by Suarez, so again, FIFA are looking into this and the FA can surely not use this against him as they have no power to. The divining comment you made, I hope that when other players get banned for violent conduct, the FA has the balls to ban them for longer as they are all dive. The darling of the media and can do no wrong in their eyes, Gareth Bale is a diver and has been yellow carded enough times for diving then Suarez. Christ, even phil Neville did it against Liverpool this season. You can't defend what Suarez has done and I accept he deserves a ban. If the FA want to charge him with violent conduct, which they state receives a 3 game ban, then only give him the 3 game ban and be done with it. To now say that biting is worse than racism is a joke as per the article above.

So you'd rather be bitten than be called a "white honky" ? thats presuming that your white of course!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

Can you get it into your head Stevie he has previous doing the same thing in Holland.

Sorry mate,

The incident in Holland cannot be used in evidence, as it was under a different FA.

redrus

correct.

It was more an assessment of the lads character and not about his 10 game ban by the FA,the previous i know cannot be taken into account on this charge obviously.

It still does not excuse the fact he has done the same thing before.....but carry on defending your superstar at all costs.

By the way did you see the punch he is going to get banned for at international level also??

To be honest Mr red i'm waiting for the bindippers to say that he was just showing him a sign of affection !

• Like 1

He also has an inquiry going on with FIFA for punching a player.

He has also been banned for racially abusing a fellow professional.

He has also been accused and booked for diving on many occasions this season.

He is a bad egg and has self control problems on the pitch.

I think the FA has acted quickly and purposeful for once and at the end of the day the clamp down has to start somewhere,he will not be the last.

Your continued support of him being hard done by is bordering on being stupid and obsessive as if he is the only greatest player ever to play for LFC.

Maybe just maybe you would be better getting rid and spending the 40 million on somebody with a respect for the club and his teammates and manager,and most of all the supporters he has continually let down.

you're all over the place here. see chrisboyo's post for some illumination.

let's make this simple, ed. do you think suarez biting ivanovic was a worse thing to do on a football pitch than concussing a player with a forearm smash, breaking a guy's jaw, deliberately attempting to end an opponent's career or using racist insults?

Keep digging your own hole .....he is also up for punching a player right now......his tackle in the merseyside derby was awful and could of seriously injured or even ended a players career(you cannot of forgot that one).....and racist insults yes we can add that one to the list can't we....when will you understand? you can add cheating and diving to the list while we are at it...........carry on.....

Already said that previously mate ....biting is acceptable in his country shame he does not come from Romania init! <deleted> Dracula

Sorry mate,

redrus

correct.

To be honest Mr red i'm waiting for the bindippers to say that he was just showing him a sign of affection !

Mrred, the English FA can't bring up previous bans or incidents that are being investigated as these two incidents are outside of the FA's control. Suarez was banned by the Dutch FA, how can the English now use this against them when they have no power there? FIFA have said they are looking into the punch by Suarez, so again, FIFA are looking into this and the FA can surely not use this against him as they have no power to. The divining comment you made, I hope that when other players get banned for violent conduct, the FA has the balls to ban them for longer as they are all dive. The darling of the media and can do no wrong in their eyes, Gareth Bale is a diver and has been yellow carded enough times for diving then Suarez. Christ, even phil Neville did it against Liverpool this season. You can't defend what Suarez has done and I accept he deserves a ban. If the FA want to charge him with violent conduct, which they state receives a 3 game ban, then only give him the 3 game ban and be done with it. To now say that biting is worse than racism is a joke as per the article above.

Bale, is, and hopefully now "was" a diver for sure but has actually been very harshly treated and wrongly booked more than once but i digress because that aside you are right on the mark with your post.

I think this idea that he has some kind of mental disorder and needs help is typical of the nanny state society. The guy gets frustrated in an highly charged adrenalin game. It's not like he does this week in week out. I'm sure we all know or have known competitive people that take it too far and have been told to calm down. A couple of incidents in however many hours of football is not what I would call a disorder.

That's not to suggest I don't think he should be dealt with harshly, but bonkers he ain't.

not coming xcross as the brightest of posts mate, best you re read what you've written and have a very long think about it . wai2.gif

Nice condescension since you can't respond intelligently to mjj's post which actually talked some sense.

Suarez is a beast on the pitch and loses his head sometimes. Mental disorder? Give it a rest, will ya?

He's one of those Jekyll and Hyde type characters who off the pitch is quite a normal, non-controversial person who married his teenage sweetheart and is still with her.

We all know the mad things he's done on the pitch.

Gazza doesn't spring to mind at all, no. It just shows you have no clue what you're talking about.

He's someone who made a mess of his personal life with addiction and probably severe depression. Suarez shows none of those signs. All his issues are on the pitch where he seems to have occasional but serious anger problems in the heat of the moment. There are absolutely no similarities at all.

Talking sense cheesy.gif you and him wouldn't know it it if slapped you in the face !!!! gazza throughout his career showed plenty of signs that he could do with help, no one took any notice, cos all everyone was concerned with was to see him on the pitch, sound familiar? look where he's at. and saying suarez is a happy homing loving boy, clap2.gif excludes him from having issues? wub.png ,, he's continually showing signs, that he's got/developing potential issues and denying that they are there, in the mid to long term imo puts him well at risk, but hey ho don't worry, I'm sure while you and muggy bandy about sun and star based platitudes Liverpool and its knob head fans will continue to get their penny's worth out of him without dealing with the real issues.

Edited by rijit

10 game ban very harsh i must say.

I think after the fiasco with Terry and the non-banning of several players recently, and the conceived weakness of FA, the FA just wanted to show they are not toothless.

10 game ban for Suarez was a bite harsh though

• Like 1

As far as the report that a primary school kid was "doing a Suarez" during a game,firstly,where on earth did they get that 'news' from? Secondly,if true,he needs a clump.

No idea if true or not either, but my memory of school, dim though it may be, particularly primary school, was all about going through stupid crazies most of which picked up from movies, music or TV. Never lasted very long but did often spread like wildfire up and down the country. So i wouldn't be at all surprised if kids in the UK are now going around "doing a Suarez". Would you?

They're probably devising a 'Suarez Style' dance on the internet as we speak

Also funny that cerebral StevieH is down to quoting the red-top rag the Daily Mirror in aid of Suarez.

This article in the Telegraph is a better balance: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10016695/Henry-Winter-FA-right-to-show-real-bite-against-Luis-Suarez-in-battle-to-clean-up-English-game.html

Harsh or not, the idiot only has himself to blame. Nobody else. And Liverpool fans should be venting their anger at him for putting himself and the club in this position.

nothing wrong with the mirror mate. brian reade is one of the best writers around and their campaigning on both hillsborough and leveson were outstanding efforts. so it's a tabloid? it at least isn't a tory mouthpiece like the telegraph. henry winter's a precious, self-promoting lush by the way.

and nobody's sought to blame anyone but suarez. nobody's defended him. he deserves punishing for an act of idiocy. but when the FA lets career-enders like callum mcmanaman's challenge slide and throws a 10-match ban at a player for something that didn't even cause injury, they should be challenged on it. because they've played the person and not the incident. and yes, i know he has previous and blah blah blah but it's still hugely hypocritical and oliver holt got it right by stating what a dangerous precedent they have set.

edit: thanks for the "cerebral" comment by the way. not sure whether to take it as a compliment or an insult mind. but congratulations also on being able to spell it. ;)

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 1

Suarez could be back playing for Liverpool in July, in the Europa League.

And how would he/they qualify.........................via UEFA's FAIR PLAY qualification.

Apparently Arsenal are currently top of the EPL fair play league but as they are likely to finish in at least fifth place they will qualify for either the Champions league or the Europa league by right so the 'fair play' place would go to the second place team............currently Liverpool.

And the ten match ban applies to domestic competitions only, Suarez is free to play in European games.

Suarez qualifying via fair play, the rules are a farce cheesy.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2314542/Luis-Suarez-return-competitive-action-Europa-League-July-Liverpools-placing-UEFA-fair-play-table.html

Suarez could be back playing for Liverpool in July, in the Europa League.

And how would he/they qualify.........................via UEFA's FAIR PLAY qualification.

Apparently Arsenal are currently top of the EPL fair play league but as they are likely to finish in at least fifth place they will qualify for either the Champions league or the Europa league by right so the 'fair play' place would go to the second place team............currently Liverpool.

And the ten match ban applies to domestic competitions only, Suarez is free to play in European games.

Suarez qualifying via fair play, the rules are a farce

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2314542/Luis-Suarez-return-competitive-action-Europa-League-July-Liverpools-placing-UEFA-fair-play-table.html

Kinda glad he is now suspended. Brilliant.

All the sniping and club loyalty aside the length of ban is ridiculous lads. Thats it, end off.

No it is not,he deserves it for his behavior.Biting people on a sports field is assault.

Brendan Rodgers...

"If I had more players of a similar mentality we would be in a different position. He has not let me down one bit.

"The standard set by the club - he fell way below that at the weekend. But it does not mean he should be thrown to the garbage, which is what has happened over the last couple of days."

Work that one out!!

Rodgers should ask King Kenny how he shit on him also.Joke of a club.

Edited by MrRed

All the sniping and club loyalty aside the length of ban is ridiculous lads. Thats it, end off.

No it is not,he deserves it for his behavior.Biting people on a sports field is assault.

Oh get over yourself Ed! Interesting, a Utd supported calling it an assault. Tell me...do you think he could have killed him with that bite?

Oh get over yourself Ed! Interesting, a Utd supported calling it an assault. Tell me...do you think he could have killed him with that bite?

I never said attempted murder biggrin.png

I have just read Rodgers statement though and it really is laughable!! going by what Liverpool are saying they will appeal the ban ....i bet you they don't! they should of banned him themselves until the end of the season and that would of been the last of it but teh continual bullshit from there superdooper PR muppets really is a joke and Brenda Rodgers .....now then rolleyes.gif

Edited by MrRed

Brendan Rodgers...

"If I had more players of a similar mentality we would be in a different position. He has not let me down one bit.

"The standard set by the club - he fell way below that at the weekend. But it does not mean he should be thrown to the garbage, which is what has happened over the last couple of days."

Work that one out!!

Rodgers should ask King Kenny how he shit on him also.Joke of a club.

To be honest i think BR is a very talented young manager but a PR nightmare. I don't listen much to him anymore and his comments don't change my view of things. For what its worth, i think BR would be better off sticking to the coaching and keeping his trap shut. Doesn't take away the fact he's a very talented coach just a bad pr man which makes him quite likable in my book.

This whole business is ridiculously over the top.

The PR efforts are woeful, you think they'd have learnt in recent times. Who is running this dog & pony show....

i disagree, they were way better than usual. we got out in front of a story for a change. and brendan said all the right things tonight too.

well then so is every late tackle, elbow and headbutt. want to open that can?

Edited by StevieH

What would it be ridiculous to mention The Times also?

Grow up lah! its a forum you have your view i have mine...

Can't agree with you on this. I think tha people of Liverpool have every valid reason to view that rag the way they do. Scumbag paper, scumbag owner and the editor at that time was, and is vermin.

And lets face it, its garbage, a boil on the arse of journalism. What does it say about a nation where its the biggest selling "paper"?

Also funny that cerebral StevieH is down to quoting the red-top rag the Daily Mirror in aid of Suarez.

This article in the Telegraph is a better balance: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10016695/Henry-Winter-FA-right-to-show-real-bite-against-Luis-Suarez-in-battle-to-clean-up-English-game.html

Harsh or not, the idiot only has himself to blame. Nobody else. And Liverpool fans should be venting their anger at him for putting himself and the club in this position.

nothing wrong with the mirror mate. brian reade is one of the best writers around and their campaigning on both hillsborough and leveson were outstanding efforts. so it's a tabloid? it at least isn't a tory mouthpiece like the telegraph. henry winter's a precious, self-promoting lush by the way.

and nobody's sought to blame anyone but suarez. nobody's defended him. he deserves punishing for an act of idiocy. but when the FA lets career-enders like callum mcmanaman's challenge slide and throws a 10-match ban at a player for something that didn't even cause injury, they should be challenged on it. because they've played the person and not the incident. and yes, i know he has previous and blah blah blah but it's still hugely hypocritical and oliver holt got it right by stating what a dangerous precedent they have set.

edit: thanks for the "cerebral" comment by the way. not sure whether to take it as a compliment or an insult mind. but congratulations also on being able to spell it. wink.png

And well done you for knowing it WAS spelt properly! wink.png

God next season's going to be more boring on this board if Suarez does leave Liverpool, isn't it?