Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Yep....either Suarez or Rodgers have lied. There is no way it was written into the contract though. I think Luis believes what he wants to believe to be honest. He was probably told, yes you can go, IF we receive a suitable offer. He chose to forget that bit! Still think the Arse are a stalking horse and Madrid is where he'll end up. His missus runs his life, and Spain is where she wants to be.

You're right about the track record but he's a better player than Cavani so £55m should be the minimum. If the Arse want him, they will have to pay top dollar. When Madrid show their hand, it's a different matter. As for the despicable bit, I still don't know. He's a stupid little <deleted> with a poor agent who has mishandled things big time. After all, he could have used the Champions League excuse from day 1 and to be fair, no-one would have blamed him. If he does end up at the Arse, by the time he signs, they could be out of the CL anyway. Now that would be funny!

I agree about the CL excuse.

However Suarez is quoted as saying that Rodgers gave him his word that if Liverpool did not qualify for CL then he would personally make sure he would be allowed to leave. Also that it was written into his contract. Now IF that is true Liverpool have made a huge faux pas. Either Suarez is a liar or else Liverpool are being stupid. Once the details of the contract are released, then it becomes clearer.

This "if we don't make the CL" excuse has become joke. Started with Modric, more recently said again my Marca with regards Bale, continues with Suarez.

Funny, there never seems to be anything in writing to back this line up.

Yep....either Suarez or Rodgers have lied. There is no way it was written into the contract though. I think Luis believes what he wants to believe to be honest. He was probably told, yes you can go, IF we receive a suitable offer. He chose to forget that bit! Still think the Arse are a stalking horse and Madrid is where he'll end up. His missus runs his life, and Spain is where she wants to be.

Madrid clearly don't want him and Arsenal clearly do!

I dont think anyone at this stage knows if it has or has not been written into the contract.

For Suarez to go public and say it IS written into his contract. If that is NOT the case then he really is a dumb sh!t.

Liverpool ought to find a buyer now and dump him. No sense in holding out for an extra 5 or 10 mil just to "save face". Getting rid of him now will be worth the loss of money and give them some time to find another striker. Lesson ? You buy a guy with Suarez's rap sheet, don't be surprised if he shows his ass. For that reason, I don't see why Wenger is crazy about him, unless he figures Suarez could sweep them to the title and Wenger could head out on a high to France.

He's not worth Cavani money even though IMO he's a better player. Too much trouble. He would however be exactly what Real Madrid need, assuming they aren't going to use Ronaldo as a 9.

• Like 2

Liverpool ought to find a buyer now and dump him. No sense in holding out for an extra 5 or 10 mil just to "save face". Getting rid of him now will be worth the loss of money and give them some time to find another striker. Lesson ? You buy a guy with Suarez's rap sheet, don't be surprised if he shows his ass. For that reason, I don't see why Wenger is crazy about him, unless he figures Suarez could sweep them to the title and Wenger could head out on a high to France.

He's not worth Cavani money even though IMO he's a better player. Too much trouble. He would however be exactly what Real Madrid need, assuming they aren't going to use Ronaldo as a 9.

The point is that selling him to the Arse could cost LFC more money than they receive. Abroad ok, but you can't sell to a rival club unless they pay the maximum. For me that is £55m or, if Madrid don't come in, our reserve team are pretty good!

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

The point is that selling him to the Arse could cost LFC more money than they receive. Abroad ok, but you can't sell to a rival club unless they pay the maximum. For me that is £55m or, if Madrid don't come in, our reserve team are pretty good!

I don't disagree. Finding a buyer not in the EPL would be best. But other than Madrid, who is going to pony up the cash ? Barca ? No. PSG ? No. Monaco ? No. Nobody in Italy has the money save for Napoli, and that looks unlikely given the purchase of Higuain. Maybe some big wallet in Russia ?

I've just convinced myself that the most likely destination for Suarez will be Madrid. Just seems a more plausible scenario to snap him up now and then work on a pre contract deal for Bale to join next season.

Arsenal seem content to bumble along thinking they'll get Suarez on the cheap which doesn't look like happening so why not Madrid step in, do the deal in the knowledge that Spurs would love to do a deal that would allow Bale one more season with us. Makes sense to me.

You're right about the track record but he's a better player than Cavani so £55m should be the minimum. If the Arse want him, they will have to pay top dollar. When Madrid show their hand, it's a different matter. As for the despicable bit, I still don't know. He's a stupid little <deleted> with a poor agent who has mishandled things big time. After all, he could have used the Champions League excuse from day 1 and to be fair, no-one would have blamed him. If he does end up at the Arse, by the time he signs, they could be out of the CL anyway. Now that would be funny!

I agree about the CL excuse.

However Suarez is quoted as saying that Rodgers gave him his word that if Liverpool did not qualify for CL then he would personally make sure he would be allowed to leave. Also that it was written into his contract. Now IF that is true Liverpool have made a huge faux pas. Either Suarez is a liar or else Liverpool are being stupid. Once the details of the contract are released, then it becomes clearer.

that's a lot of ifs.

and it isn't either/or. see his previous behaviour at groningen for one example.

liverpool seem to have handled this very well for a change. got their line right, stuck with it consistently, if someone wants to buy him they have to pay the going rate. whereas suarez and his agent have been all over the place.

• Like 1

I don't disagree. Finding a buyer not in the EPL would be best. But other than Madrid, who is going to pony up the cash ? Barca ? No. PSG ? No. Monaco ? No. Nobody in Italy has the money save for Napoli, and that looks unlikely given the purchase of Higuain. Maybe some big wallet in Russia ?

Yes thats the problem now, if a bid is going to come in from an overseas club then it will most likely be right at the end of the window (and we wont get over 40M imo) Arsenal is just bad business. We cant keep a player who so publicly has stated he doesn't want to be here.

Not sure how FSG are going to play this now as the player seems to have upper hand. They should be a) closing the deal and paying up for the x2 First Team players our manager has stated he wanted for a month now i.e the (CAM/Attacker and the CB) and our Transfer Committee would presumably of known this Suarez drama might come to light, and been working overtime to line up a Suarez replacement.

FSG need to spend !

4 years out of the CL now and now signs we are getting nearer to getting back in ...

don't agree the player has the upper hand at all devil. a few points:

1. suarez now wants liverpool to honour this supposed gentleman's agreement but he's happy to dishonour his own, 4-year, legally-binding £120k per week one? OK.

2. the club has been consistent in its line from day one on this - the clause is not what suarez and his agent appear to think it is. therefore if someone wants to buy him, they pay the market rate. which is bids starting at £55m.

3. the press around this is all coming from suarez's end - so i don't see how that gives him the upper hand. he's bound to liverpool by a contract he signed, six months ago he did a press interview about how happy he would be to stay at liverpool next season even without champions league football - he's all over the place. now his agent is panicking and fanning these LFC-broke-its-promise flames because his agent doesn't want to admit he ballsed up on the contract clause that his client then signed.

4. there's actually nothing new in this interview other than him saying publicly what he and his agent and the club already knew - so how does he benefit from this? he just makes himself look a tit - which is of course something else we already knew.

club needs to stay strong on this and not get done over on the fee. problem suarez now faces is that aside from arsenal it's looking quite likely that nobody else wants to sign him or can afford him.

• Like 1

1. suarez now wants liverpool to honour this supposed gentleman's agreement but he's happy to dishonour his own, 4-year, legally-binding £120k per week one? OK.

2. the club has been consistent in its line from day one on this - the clause is not what suarez and his agent appear to think it is. therefore if someone wants to buy him, they pay the market rate. which is bids starting at £55m.

3. the press around this is all coming from suarez's end - so i don't see how that gives him the upper hand. he's bound to liverpool by a contract he signed, six months ago he did a press interview about how happy he would be to stay at liverpool next season even without champions league football - he's all over the place. now his agent is panicking and fanning these LFC-broke-its-promise flames because his agent doesn't want to admit he ballsed up on the contract clause that his client then signed.

4. there's actually nothing new in this interview other than him saying publicly what he and his agent and the club already knew - so how does he benefit from this? he just makes himself look a tit - which is of course something else we already knew.

club needs to stay strong on this and not get done over on the fee. problem suarez now faces is that aside from arsenal it's looking quite likely that nobody else wants to sign him or can afford him.

We have no idea what is in the contract or how it could be interpreted... Buy out Clause's to me sound very very complicated and could have various interpretations.

I was actually thinking along the lines that the fans don't want him and wont back him now, which is in stark contrast to before....which will I believe will make a massive difference in my opinion when we are talking about FSG.

It would make sense to bid late for him from other clubs knowing full well the player is desperate to leave and the club wont want to hold on to him under these circumstances and I expect it to get worse, he wont keep quiet.

Agree with all your points by the way but it might just be different now due to the new drama he is now causing and being so close to the season starting - who would want him around the players now?

Hope to god we do play hardball and don't budge on this and get max money ! - but I have my doubts, and think he will be the winner either way!

sorry edit.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

double post

Edited by Devil

I still like Suarez the player, but Suarez the man is going going gone. I totally understand him wanting CL and have said so on here in the past. I also said that we need to be lining up a replacemnet, which hopefully we have, to start the new season. I don't care what happens now, as long as he doesn't go to Arsenal, that could be like slitting our own throats. Personally I would either let him go for whatever we can get, or get it written into his contract he can go at Christmas, and look at the offers outside the UK. We could loan him to Swansea to keep the wife happythumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Being realistic bout where his next stop is ,there are probably only a handful of clubs that want and could afford him, i would think as much as the prohibitive wage and transfer fee, his 'history' could well reduce that no' down even further,

the arse bid aint enuf 4 u ,but its the only one and rightly or wrongly to him its enuf !!! So whats the likely .next step ? if he's 100 % committed to getting a move, which seems he is , he and his advisers clap2.gif will have no option but to challenge the clause, and that could /probably end in him , refusing to train and play, and then it all ends up in court. Where, we all know, its risky .its also costly, time consuming, and ultimately most importantly disrupting pre and early season, and realistically what are you fight ing for ? i know the contract ect ect but bottom line is you just want 15 mil more. . Or alternatively while you've got the one bid on the table, might it be better to go and negotiate that up a bit higher, swallow and move on. ? Both these scenarios might not happen if someone else comes in with 15 mil more? likely, somehow with the current state of play i cant see it can you ?

personally rather than sell him to the arse wipes, Ide like to stick the fuc_ker in the reserves for 6 mths, but we all know that aint gonna happen.

edit,i know it aint gonna happen but the loan idea appeals!! tranmere could do with a helping hand.or maybe even barrow clap2.gif .

Edited by rijit

Union chief Gordon Taylor confirms the contract says the club does not have to sell. No sh*t Gordo our lawyers must have been sweating on that call.

Who the hell is advising Suarez???? This bullsh*t about i was promised this or that is primary school talk. Who TF in their right mind when negotiating high level contract agrees anything in words? Who advises their client that if they said that to you then it should be so no need for words in contracts, we are all good and if you want to swan off in to the sunset just remind them of that conversation and inform that muppet Wenger what that clause is. Class A clowns the lot of them.

Who the hell advises their clients to go to papers and cry like a nancy....maybe that will work? All this agent has done is make Suarez grow from a size a to size EEE TIT in the public eye.

Did Pere become an agent after his brother become a top flight manager?

Edited by BangrakBob

Union chief Gordon Taylor confirms the contract says the club does not have to sell. No sh*t Gordo our lawyers must have been sweating on that call.

Who the hell is advising Suarez???? This bullsh*t about i was promised this or that is primary school talk. Who TF in their right mind when negotiating high level contract agrees anything in words? Who advises their client that if they said that to you then it should be so no need for words in contracts, we are all good and if you want to swan off in to the sunset just remind them of that conversation and inform that muppet Wenger what that clause is. Class A clowns the lot of them.

Who the hell advises their clients to go to papers and cry like a nancy....maybe that will work? All this agent has done is make Suarez grow from a size a to size EEE TIT in the public eye.

So what do you thinks gonna happen next?

So what do you thinks gonna happen next?

I can't see us selling him to Arsenal, though after yesterday I'm not sure if i care or if they'll want him. Tony Evans at the Times reckons Madrid are coming in, I really hope this is the case. He has been pictured leaving melwood in tears blink.png . BR's statement in the Echo has really put Suarez in a corner now, well played. It might have worked in Holland but not in Liverpool. This is just a ridiculous saga that needs to end but it looks like it's coming to a head. FSG are not that stupid, they know the consequence of selling to Arsenal, they will let him rot in reserves rather than sell him to Wenger. Can you believe this is just a game of football

• Like 1

Yep good stuff Rodgers - handling it better than I thought and expected so far. Mr Henry needs to back him now!!!

On another note,

Enjoyed yet another pre-season last night, lots of good goals. Aspas looks a classy player every time I see him, good touch, control and movement (still looks a bit lightweight) but I love how he gets into the right positions constantly.

Ibe is frightening for a 17 yr old, what a talent he looks.

• Like 1

This is starting to look like a repeat of the Tevez saga. Suarez trains alone and refuses to play for Liverpool. No one either wants him or cannot afford the valuation that Liverpool have put on him. He goes back to South America to play a few rounds of golf and to spill his guts to a pro Suarez press. Gets fined a few months wages, then realises which side his bread is buttered and sheepishly returns to Liverpool,full of remorse and claiming that he only always wanted to play for the club.

• Like 1

Liverpool spent the last however years and months sticking by an arseh*le acting in the way arseh*les do, defending him at every turn and telling us it was an unfair media witch hunt brought about because of the fact that he's a foreigner, and now he's predictably finally gone and shat on their heads, and now suddenly he is an arseh*le they tell us?!

Football players often behave like little kids and may need to be treated as such. If a little kid acts up and all you do is put your arm around them and comfort them, chances are you'll be seeing a lot more of this behavior in the future. Don't complain when you do...

Liverpool spent the last however years and months sticking by an arseh*le acting in the way arseh*les do, defending him at every turn and telling us it was an unfair media witch hunt brought about because of the fact that he's a foreigner, and now he's predictably finally gone and shat on their heads, and now suddenly he is an arseh*le they tell us?!

Football players often behave like little kids and may need to be treated as such. If a little kid acts up and all you do is put your arm around them and comfort them, chances are you'll be seeing a lot more of this behavior in the future. Don't complain when you do...

and you don't throw your own out of the boat, which as a united fan you should well know. you back them until such time as they choose to jump overboard themselves.

united fans have stuck by cantona, keane, giggs and other assorted <deleted>. chelsea fans stick by john terry and jose mourinho. football fans are hypocrites who spend a great deal of the time with their heads in the sand shocker.

"The Sand Shocker" I've never heard it called that before.

“I don't believe there is a clause in his contract that says he can leave for any sort of price.” Brendon Rogers

Very odd choice of phrase! This one's going to run and run, unless RM step in soon. Probably pick him up now for 41m quid!

“I don't believe there is a clause in his contract that says he can leave for any sort of price.” Brendon Rogers

Very odd choice of phrase! This one's going to run and run, unless RM step in soon. Probably pick him up now for 41m quid!

think it's a very specific choice of phrase isn't it? as in 'arsenal bid a piss-take of an amount based on what pere guardiola told them which is in fact a pile of horse elbows'. it means there's an amount by which we have to tell him there's been a bid for him. doesn't mean for one moment we have to sell for that price.