Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

tbh wouldnt have said that barca would overly miss neymar great for Brazil 4.barca not quite so , been on and off the bench for most of the season, the player theyve never really replaced is david villa, theyve really missed a forward that can lead and work ax the line, suarez is just about the perfect fit. I so reckon bang bobs right, the deal was effectively done last season and the bites an insurance policy that it happens.

Jeez Bob....Any thoughts on 9/11?clap2.gif

biggrin.png

All i'm saying is its very strange indeed that no one else is in for him. Don't you? One of the best players in the world and no one else is interested!

btw, Hitler never died in the bunker and the first moon landings were filmed at Paramount Studios. thumbsup.gif

I think Barca are in desperate need of a Suarez, carmine. Maybe they are the only club confident enough to spend the money and take the risk?

No club will want to get into a bidding war with Barca for Suarez I wouldn't have thought.

Why wouldn't clubs get in a bidding war with them? Ofcourse they would.

however, this nasty injury to Neymar, if it does involve a long lay off certainly puts Barca in more of a need than they were a few days ago thats for sure and really improves Liverpools bargaining hand.

Neymar out for 4 weeks. No surgery. Just needs to rest.

Might limit his celebrations if Brazil still win it though. smile.png

Why would a club enter an auction where the goods on sale are possibly flawed?

Barca are trying to get him at the starting price.

biggrin.png

All i'm saying is its very strange indeed that no one else is in for him. Don't you? One of the best players in the world and no one else is interested!

btw, Hitler never died in the bunker and the first moon landings were filmed at Paramount Studios. thumbsup.gif

I think Barca are in desperate need of a Suarez, carmine. Maybe they are the only club confident enough to spend the money and take the risk?

No club will want to get into a bidding war with Barca for Suarez I wouldn't have thought.

why would anyone get into a bidding war when there's a release clause? there's no need to go higher than that. meet the clause and it's then just a case of which club the player wants to sign for.

biggrin.png

why would anyone get into a bidding war when there's a release clause? there's no need to go higher than that. meet the clause and it's then just a case of which club the player wants to sign for.

Totally agree. I think the only difference in this clause is that the lower figure (was it 53mil?) only applied if RM or Barca approached. So for him to name both those clubs as a clause must mean he'd sign for either, which at the moment looks like Barca and it also looks like they might get him cheap.

How well will Suarez perform at Barcelona?

smile.png

probably very well. though it'll be interesting to see how they play a front three of suarez, messi and neymar, all of whom are individuals and like hogging the ball a bit. not sure how you get them to play together to be honest.

when the first 'clasico' is will be more interesting. suarez under intense pressure usually does something stupid. so pepe or sergio ramos might want to wear some kind of anti-bite underwear.

Suarez will be absolutely sh!t hot at Barca.

Neymar, Messi and Suarez won't need manager telling them what to do.

Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling.

Just the same, but even better.

Chelsea will need to be good to beat them.

How well will Suarez perform at Barcelona?

smile.png

probably very well. though it'll be interesting to see how they play a front three of suarez, messi and neymar, all of whom are individuals and like hogging the ball a bit. not sure how you get them to play together to be honest.

when the first 'clasico' is will be more interesting. suarez under intense pressure usually does something stupid. so pepe or sergio ramos might want to wear some kind of anti-bite underwear.

of its type , imo it'll be almost the perfect front line, messi right neymar left and suarez just a head running across the line linking the 2 ,,, class..act.

and I'de lay money suarez wont be biting anyone, until he wants a transfer or wants to move home, which gives barca 2 maybe 3 years?, , but its warm and its Spanish speaking, so u never know maybe he'll settle.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28188589

tbh i'm familiar with neither so I cant comment, barring it sounds a lot of money.certainly for Origi.

Just a touch contradictory that statement.

These 2 lads will be great signings. I spent hours watching both of them last season just like I did with that ace Aspas

Aggressive work from Liverpool. They certainly aren't moping about regarding the loss of Suarez.

Were it me I wouldn't worry about not signing Sanchez. Tons of talent but another whiner who often values form over function. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Dunno. Carmine raised the auction idea not me.

Didn't mean to do that. I just wanted to raise the question as to why other teams have yet to make an offer for a world class player thats clearly on the market.

Edited by carmine

tbh i'm familiar with neither so I cant comment, barring it sounds a lot of money.certainly for Origi.

These 2 lads will be great signings. I spent hours watching both of them last season just like I did with that ace Aspas

You watch so much football BB I'm surprised you get round to doing anything else biggrin.png

• Like 1

coarse.you did bob

but this sort www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/divock-origi-to-liverpool-belgium-striker-on-verge-of-98m-transfer-9571167.htmlof makes more sense

• Like 1

All I know is Origi got chosen by Belgium ahead of Lukaku.

So, some intelligent fan on the Liverpool thread who said Lukaku probably isn't in Chelsea's plans, is probably spot on.

Origi looked useful from what I saw.

Dunno. Carmine raised the auction idea not me.

Didn't mean to do that. I just wanted to raise the question as to why other teams have yet to make an offer for a world class player thats clearly on the market.

I thought I'd provided a sensible answer to this carmine?

Are any other clubs prepared to take the gamble?

Risk/benefit.

They can buy other strikers for less money with less risk.

Barca can possibly see Messi+Neymar+Suarez as devastating.

Especially given what appears to be happening in the evolution of the Spanish game.

So, some intelligent fan on the Liverpool thread who said Lukaku probably isn't in Chelsea's plans, is probably spot on.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif That's been common knowledge for about 4 months

Lukaku Not In Mourinho’s Plans As Replacement Is Lined Up... March 18, 2014

Regarding your posts, have you ever heard of quality not quantity laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

Correct.

Origi's selection ahead of Lukaku and Lukaku's performance at the WC, merely confirming what Mourinho knew and had already decided.

Endless head banging debate, and criticism of Mourinho's handling of Lukaku, is hopefully now drawing to a close.

A front 3 of Marko. Sturr . & Stirling would be the quickest in the prem . with Llallana operating at 10 or A/M .

But with Roman Abramovitch supposedly owning a % of Marko`s contract I cannot see Chelski let him go to LFC

without a fight. Would still like us to sign Sanchez tho` .

A front 3 of Marko. Sturr . & Stirling would be the quickest in the prem . with Llallana operating at 10 or A/M .

But with Roman Abramovitch supposedly owning a % of Marko`s contract I cannot see Chelski let him go to LFC

Stevie won't be happy with that team sad.png

Stevie should now be used wisely , playing him for full 90 odd mins is not the way to go . He his still a terrific impact player , as shown vs. Costa Rica .

One guy that really impressed me in the W/C was Gary Medel . L`pool could get him at a knock-down price from the relegated Cardiff City .

Stevie should now be used wisely , playing him for full 90 odd mins is not the way to go . He his still a terrific impact player , as shown vs. Costa Rica .

One guy that really impressed me in the W/C was Gary Medel . L`pool could get him at a knock-down price from the relegated Cardiff City .

Agreed with that. I would think many clubs would be eying Medel these days. He's a fine DM and can also play up the pitch a bit. I thought he'd get carded a bunch when Cardiff picked him but he behaved himself last season. A good value.

How do you fit a '10' into that front 3?