Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Looks like it. For me, it's a bit like Risk/Reward at golf....500 yard par 5 with second shot over water. Wilai hits driver off the fairway........splashbiggrin.png

Apparently, Borini is his best mate and considered a 'calming influence'. Might explain why he hasn't gone to Sunderlandwink.png

• Like 1

there definitely seems to be something in it doesn't there? so far brendan's been excellent at improving players and the club seems to be doing alright at keeping players' heads straight too. so with balotelli? if you could harness his talent, keep him focused and not have him going weird every ten minutes there's a hell of a player in there.

there definitely seems to be something in it doesn't there? so far brendan's been excellent at improving players and the club seems to be doing alright at keeping players' heads straight too. so with balotelli? if you could harness his talent, keep him focused and not have him going weird every ten minutes there's a hell of a player in there.

That's what I'm thinking, we know BR has the knack.

Remembering he publicly announced that this was Sturridge's last chance at a big club and look how that turned out.

The only thing I don't want to see from a Liverpool player is petulance or sulking, I can't stand that shit in general never mind 100K a week footballer with the privilege of playing football and for Liverpool. He better put a shift in as well.

Do y'all really think Rodgers can turn water into wine with Balotelli ? Where so many other managers have struggled to do so ? Talented he is, yes, but an absolute nutter.

dunno, but steve peters seemed to have a hell of an effect on suarez last season and sturridge was considered a bit of a problem child when we signed him.

Do y'all really think Rodgers can turn water into wine with Balotelli ? Where so many other managers have struggled to do so ? Talented he is, yes, but an absolute nutter.

To be fair it won't be easy, but players do mature and with the right arm around the shoulder you never know.

I think wilai summed it up pretty well on cost vs value, worth a punt. Be a shame not to have a nutter in squad, we did well with the last one. I'd take him

• Like 1

dunno, but steve peters seemed to have a hell of an effect on suarez last season and sturridge was considered a bit of a problem child when we signed him.

Good work by Peters I suppose but his magic didn't last through the WC.

Compared to Balotelli I see Suarez as nearly a model citizen. I can't think off hand of one off the pitch incident he was involved in. I see Balotelli as a 12 year old masquerading as a young adult who might be more interested in social media and notoriety than football. But who knows, he might eventually come around.

Compared to Balotelli I see Suarez as nearly a model citizen. I can't think off hand of one off the pitch incident he was involved in. I see Balotelli as a 12 year old masquerading as a young adult who might be more interested in social media and notoriety than football. But who knows, he might eventually come around.

suarez was impeccable in the premier league last season with liverpool, supposedly because steve peters was around all the time and had a massive influence on him. so perhaps no coincidence that when he snaps again it's in a uruguay shirt and without peters being there to help him.

balotelli has to grow up at some point. plus as others have said here we need at least one lunatic in the squad. and he is also very funny.

• Like 1

Be funny if he lines up on Monday...and scores.....a brace.....flashing his "why always me" shirt biggrin.png

• Like 2

I think Souness is off the "spoucer" Xmas card list for selling his story to The Sun.

biggrin.png

and his contribution to the decline of the club

More than a contribution. It was his creation wasn't it?

I personally don't like him but there were other factors that are debatable

Be fair JD....even Jesus couldn't have helped when Woy was in charge......anyway, he went to assist with penalty taking psychology. Unfortunately, Woy ensured we didn't get that farsad.png

All the recent talk of Shanks and Paishley in the media recently, yes they were great managers, but their legacy was never really fulfilled. In the intervening years, came the rise of Utd. Under the reign of Utd managers, they played with width, with the likes of Giggs, Coppel, Ronaldo, Beckham, Nani etc. during the similar time Liverpool had nobody really. Ignoring this facet, ignores the fact that most goals from open play are scored from wide positions.

All the recent talk of Shanks and Paishley in the media recently, yes they were great managers, but their legacy was never really fulfilled. In the intervening years, came the rise of Utd. Under the reign of Utd managers, they played with width, with the likes of Giggs, Coppel, Ronaldo, Beckham, Nani etc. during the similar time Liverpool had nobody really. Ignoring this facet, ignores the fact that most goals from open play are scored from wide positions.

Thanks for your insight....now pish off somewhere else. Oh....and learn the meaning of interveningcheesy.gif

And Fagan/Dalglish did sod all as LFC managersthumbsup.gif You are very young I'll wagercheesy.gif

Edited by wilai
  • Like 2

Thanks for your insight....now pish off somewhere else. Oh....and learn the meaning of interveningcheesy.gif

And Fagan/Dalglish did sod all as LFC managersthumbsup.gif You are very young I'll wagercheesy.gif

haha.

and hang on, nani?

• Like 2

Yeah, basically, the last decent wide player Pool had was Barnes. After Barnes Utd invested in many decent wide players. All Pool did was buy everything bar anything decent. I just hope Liverpool current incumbents baulk this trend.

If you look back at great managers, you'll always remember class wide players eg Clough-Robertson, Fergie-Ronaldo/Giggs/Beckham.

No absolutely not, that the top-top managers always played with width. But I'm not just saying wingers in the traditional sense, it's just a style of play lacking from Liverpool in recent decades.

If you look at Germany, they unsurprisingly understand this tactic, they are technically more competent than you. They score many goals as a result. It's the same style of play as Bayern. Like I said let's hope the current incumbents with FB's and wide type players ahead like Sterling and Markovic are remembered in same way!

No absolutely not, that the top-top managers always played with width. But I'm not just saying wingers in the traditional sense, it's just a style of play lacking from Liverpool in recent decades.

If you look at Germany, they unsurprisingly understand this tactic, they are technically more competent than you. They score many goals as a result. It's the same style of play as Bayern. Like I said let's hope the current incumbents with FB's and wide type players ahead like Sterling and Markovic are remembered in same way!

Just to clarify - you are a manc?

Please just go away you nonsensical idiotcoffee1.gif

Manchester United have set a new record for crosses made in a Premier League game.

David Moyes' side enjoyed remarkable domination of the ball during their clash with Fulham, but were still held to a 2-2 draw.

However, that was not down to an inability to work the ball wide and put it into the box, as the crossing statistics show.

The Reds made 81 crosses against the Cottagers, smashing the previous record of 74 set by Liverpool in 2006.

Remarkably, Fulham made just 4 throughout the game as they avoided defeat for only the second time in 51 years at Old Trafford.

United enjoyed 75.5% of possession over the 90 minutes, and had 31 shots at goal compared to their opponents' 6.

Fulham remain rooted to the bottom of the Premier League.

^ so LFC havent crossed the ball since the 1980's cheesy.gif

And, Markovic/Sterling will not be known for their crossing either. Have you ever watched either of them? Sure you are trolling, so well done as no-one could be this thickclap2.gif