Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Man City win 3:1; Robbie Savage provides some positives in post match that 'Markovic made an impact when he came on and could light up the Premier League and Moreno, apart from the error for the first goal, did well'.

So why, did not Markovjc start? A bit of a blunder by Rodgers in such an important game.

For me it makes sense not to start with your quickest 11 , bringing someone like Marko , Sterling , Sturridge , or Balotelli on for the final 30 mins as an `impact `player when the opposition is tiring is the way to go , next season you can add Ibe & Origi to this list . Rotation all around is good if used correctly .

On Friday Erikson said this Liverpool side reminded him of Spurs last season . lol , I thought Spurs were as bad on Sunday as they were at any time last season . I still say Liverpool should have signed Alex Song on loan & still should sign Romero before the window closes . But very very happy with yesterday`s result .

What about this defense lads. I know Sakho has not had much playing time pre-season but there were a couple of occasions today where this make shift partnership was nervy and a could been made to pay if Spurs capitalised.

I think we still need another quality left sided CB.

Bob , Midfield defending is still our weakest area . I am absolutely gutted Rodgers did not sign Alex Song even on loan . Also I thought Mingolet`s restarting of play was abysmal . We must sign Romero before the window closes .

• Like 1

I agree one way of making an impact, is to bring on players late on, but it is not good enough when striving for success in the league. Liverpool must start to make in roads when playing the top teams. This starts by playing the best starting 11 from the outset. I do think that Markovic is too good to have been left on the bench. Tottenham was always going to be more a banker.

I agree one way of making an impact, is to bring on players late on, but it is not good enough when striving for success in the league. Liverpool must start to make in roads when playing the top teams. This starts by playing the best starting 11 from the outset. I do think that Markovic is too good to have been left on the bench. Tottenham was always going to be more a banker.

don't get why you are still banging this drum. what has markovic done yet to be guaranteed a starting place? and ahead of whom?

• Like 1

It is nice to be enjoying deadline day without desperately hoping for a "marque signing" or a some sort of dream transfer.

Well done Bren & Ian, top work fellas thumbsup.gif

'Outgoings' seems to be the word of the day at Melwood...Coates > Sunderland Lucas> Galatasry or Fenebeche.Borini> Milan.

Victor Valdes the only one possibly joining but he's a free agent so can join anyone ,anytime! (all according to skysportshq)

I'm not banging anyone's drum, it's just I would like to see more balance to Liverpool's play. There can be a tendency, when up against stronger opposition to pack the centre and forget creativity and width, which I think is an important point. I do not see you coming up with an answer. Do you want to wait until the season has finished, to realise this point?

I'm not banging anyone's drum, it's just I would like to see more balance to Liverpool's play. There can be a tendency, when up against stronger opposition to pack the centre and forget creativity and width, which I think is an important point. I do not see you coming up with an answer. Do you want to wait until the season has finished, to realise this point?

no, i just trust brendan rodgers to know more about what he's doing than you or i do.

you maintain that markovic is already a member of liverpool's best XI. so again, in place of whom? sterling? balotelli? coutinho? sturridge?

markovic looks a great prospect but a place in the first team is earned and he's done nothing to do or prove that yet. so i don't know where you're getting your angle from.

biggrin.png Our new full backs have really impressed me !

Sterling is on another level, just how good is he going to be?

Very impressive fullbacking though Spurs were woeful on the flanks.

How old is Sterling ? 20 ? Blimey. He goes from 0 to 60 in a nanosecond with good ball control.

19 & yes he's like sh1t of a hot shovel .

Being as this is the grammar and spelling thread, s/b off not of biggrin.png

"Forget creativity"??? We scored an unfathomable amount of goals last season, we' were one of the most entertaining and creatively devastating sides I'd seen or the league has seen for some time. The team wasn't balanced last season because it was threadbare and no quality sigingings or depth was added in the summer. Yet we still came within 2 points of winning league.

We've added 9 players this window most of whom are quality first team sigings, if you watched the game yesterday you would see the difference in our play yesterday and the increased balance in our side.

I'm sure we're being trolled here

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I'm just offering a difference of opinion and I'm not goading you. The creativity I refer to is in the present tense, and I'm not referring to last season, when Suarez was in the side. This season's going to be different, when I would hope to see some more width. As I have mentioned previously, forget tik tak football, it's the Bayern ala German style of play I prefer ie with two class FBs and two 'wide style players' however which may you call them ala Ribery and Robben. The two new FBs hopefully will offer this option, but it's the two in front which are going to be worth watching this season. I hope you understand now.

I'm sorry, but I'm just offering a difference of opinion and I'm not goading you. The creativity I refer to is in the present tense, and I'm not referring to last season, when Suarez was in the side. This season's going to be different, when I would hope to see some more width. As I have mentioned previously, forget tik tak football, it's the Bayern ala German style of play I prefer ie with two class FBs and two 'wide style players' however which may you call them ala Ribery and Robben. The two new FBs hopefully will offer this option, but it's the two in front which are going to be worth watching this season. I hope you understand now.

We've played 3 games this season and are still bedding in several new players. TROLLLLLL

And in other news.

6362__4012__454324908.jpg

"So then Woodward said 'I'll give you £60m for him!' " 55555

Sounds like a fairly decent impersonation of that geezer rixalot from UNITED. facepalm.gif

Liverpool will finish second in the Prem and go a long way in the Championes League.

I hope you understand now.

coffee1.gif

Watch out for 2 geezers called Wilai and Bob btw.

w00t.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

Oh dear P45 it seems you resort to childish behaviour when faced with comments you do not like. You do not have to be part of this forum if you merely want to resort to such behaviour. It's only discussion. I would love Liverpool to finish high up in the league as u suggest, but I'm less confident than you.

Oh dear P45 it seems you resort to childish behaviour when faced with comments you do not like. You do not have to be part of this forum if you merely want to resort to such behaviour. It's only discussion. I would love Liverpool to finish high up in the league as u suggest, but I'm less confident than you.

We ain't going to get on then mate, are we.

Liverpool will be right up there.

smile.png

I think sometimes if you can see the face of the person you are conversing with and realise they are children then you would take a step back and realise that's how kids behave. 90% of trolls can probably be avoided I reckon 55555

I think sometimes if you can see the face of the person you are conversing with and realise they are children then you would take a step back and realise that's how kids behave. 90% of trolls can probably be avoided I reckon 55555

Thanks, I'll bear this in mind, but some would earn respect if showing a degree of more humility.