Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

LS......You know the Sport Corner ? Just found it on Google. Soi 20 off Suk. Has Astro but game not advertised. Probably because of the 3am Ko

Unfortunately not mate, they close at 2am.

Not a bad little spot tho, plenty of screens inside and some seating area outside.

I'm ok mate as have it indoorsbiggrin.png Bit of a trek for you thoughthumbsup.gif

LS......You know the Sport Corner ? Just found it on Google. Soi 20 off Suk. Has Astro but game not advertised. Probably because of the 3am Ko

Unfortunately not mate, they close at 2am.

Not a bad little spot tho, plenty of screens inside and some seating area outside.

I'm ok mate as have it indoorsbiggrin.png Bit of a trek for you thoughthumbsup.gif

You think :D

Ah well....stinking the place out for 80 minutes. About as sharp up front as Alfie's witbiggrin.png and even Whoopi bloody Goldberg can score against us!

One up front is never gonna work but try telling Brenda (and Somtamme) that. We got lucky as it was never a sending off. Manquillo MoM for me. Night all!wai2.gif

• Like 2

Maybe I had the Chelsea game on by mistake thenlaugh.png Reckon Colin thinks he is still at Swansea! If we hadn't fluked the result,there would have been hell to pay and the interviews would have been very different!

Apart from Manquillo (who was the main attacking outlet), Couts (excl most of his final balls/shots) and Borini (who put a shift in) we were very average. Lambert was sloth like, Markovic severely lacking in confidence, and for the most part we relied on long range efforts (most of which went wide/high)Can only remember their keeper making 2 or 3 saves...all from range.

Edited by wilai

Just reading comments on LFC forums....seem split on the performance so maybe I was expecting too much? Having said that,majority of comments relate to an american co-commentator so maybe I was right about it being averagebiggrin.png................ Phil Schoen? You guys based in UAE may know him apparently? Almost a cult hero on RAWK at the momentthumbsup.gif

Just reading comments on LFC forums....seem split on the performance so maybe I was expecting too much? Having said that,majority of comments relate to an american co-commentator so maybe I was right about it being averagebiggrin.png................ Phil Schoen? You guys based in UAE may know him apparently? Almost a cult hero on RAWK at the momentthumbsup.gif

Thankfully i decided not to stay up and watch it, not heard the seppo before but he doesn't commentate on EPL and I haven't heard him on CL, but he is a Bein commentator so I'm sure I'll come across some of that "soccer" commentary soon enough.

In the post match report on BBC Match of Day, Ruud Gulit actually confirmed my point. I feel somewhat vindicated! He analysed the game against Hull, and showed most of the attacks are trying to go right thr' the centre. There is absolutely no width with the attacking players. I accept Sterling can give this width, but the personnel are being told to always come inside. I do feel sorry for Balotelli.

I have a lot of time for the Germans and Dutch as students of the game. They tend to be more technical and can critically analyse the game in a way some others cannot. Getting their national teams together for example and the success record, is far superior to ours. So don't knock Ruud's analysis. He has far more ability than you. You cannot be a true supporter with such blinkered vision.

^Best bet is to put the fool on ignore and then only open his posts when you feel like a laugh. "Ruud has more ability than you" Yep, and he also had far more ability than Arsene Wenger, Mourinho and Fergie put together....Didn't help him much when it came to managing ehwhistling.gif

The guy (Somtamme) is a tool of the highest ordercheesy.gif

Total Crosses Liverpool Comparison undefined 34 81%

ps: As for the Hull game? See above stat. "Most attacks went through the middle" eh Ruud? Can I have some of that shit you've been Schmoking?biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by wilai

Oh...and whilst I'm having a laugh with my early morning PG Tips (with Leo chaser). Here are a couple more 'Somtamme gems'

"There is absolutely no width with the attacking players. I accept Sterling can give this width, but the personnel are being told to always come inside."

"I have a lot of time for the Germans and Dutch as students of the game."

SO....Lets take a look at Bayern's 'wingers'....Robben, Left footed, plays on Right wing.....Ribery, Right footed,plays on left wing. Yes, that's right Somtamme, ze Germans also believe in wingers coming inside.

"Vorsprung Durch Technik" = advancement through technology, (or in this case...tactics!)coffee1.gif

Bournemouth away then?

On paper, its probably the one we could have hoped for.

Just realised we played them last season in the FA cup.

Chelsea have a tough draw away to Derby.

This really could be a good chance of landing some silverware this season.

Only just got round to watching the rerun of the Swans. game . We played ok all the lads worked hard but we

definitely lack real quality . I was really made up with the way we got the winning goal .The Swans players ,

especially Jonjo were so intent on Mario not getting a 2nd goal they completely ignored Lovren . I am surprised

Jonjo did not get a booking for his childish antics going down the tunnel were he appeared to be offering Mario

out .

Another 45 minutes of <deleted> ordinary football, not even one <deleted> shot

Absolutely Bob it is unbelievable Rodgers spent 120 mill & we have absolutely no

quality in the side Allen & Henderson especially , give us nothing in midfield . More

proof it was just Suarez & Sturridge that got us into the 2nd spot last . This is really awful to watch .

• Like 1

I think Mignolet is a real worry now. I have no confidence in him, he is too easily bullied in the box and slows down any counter attack from the back. We still lack any spark at all, and I can't help but think that BR is biding time until Sturridge comes back. If we win today then I will be very happy, as I don't expect any result from next week, but we should still be in touch even with a loss next week.

We need to be a lot more snappy and have the confidence to play up the park. We also need Stirling to be more involved, and making more runs in behind the backs. To be honest Newcastle aren't playing that well, but neither are we.

• Like 1

I think Mignolet is a real worry now. I have no confidence in him, he is too easily bullied in the box and slows down any counter attack from the back. We still lack any spark at all, and I can't help but think that BR is biding time until Sturridge comes back. If we win today then I will be very happy, as I don't expect any result from next week, but we should still be in touch even with a loss next week.

We need to be a lot more snappy and have the confidence to play up the park. We also need Stirling to be more involved, and making more runs in behind the backs. To be honest Newcastle aren't playing that well, but neither are we.

If Rodgers is waiting for Sturridge to come back and save the day I'm sure he will be dissapointed. This malaise appears to be much bigger than just Sturridge being out.

Doesn't help that Newcastle is obviously fired up today.