Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Don't suppose there's any chance of waiting until Raheem's agent jumps ship and starts his own agency in the Summer before you castigate the kid eh? (comment applies to other threads as well.)coffee1.gif

And anyway, as he still has two years left on his existing contract, there is no rush to sell...unless of course it suits uswink.png

Seems an odd reason to not to question his being noncommittal at this point...could you give us more info fella?

In the Express a couple of months ago.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F554689%2FRaheem-Sterling-agent-Chelsea-Liverpool-transfer-news&ei=ToAcVaD0N4OMmwWR04GwBA&usg=AFQjCNGH4XlmeDkAhtn9Gz6c3_yl6QYR9w&sig2=s2O9hXGsn4GdH3BMyFo_8Q

Hasn't he done another interview , came out yesterday I think. So much for concentrating on his football till the end of the season.

Obviously I would like him to stay and develop his career with us but on the other hand the club is much much bigger than a 20 year old kid who (if reports are right) is demanding to be paid the same as the senior players.

yeah it's getting silly this. all very staged by his agent too. there's a top four finish to fight for and a potential FA cup final date. and he's pissing about in the press in unsanctioned interviews.

• Like 1

^ Yeah, I've heard it was unsanctioned as well...which is not good! His biggest bugbear seems to be the RWB role he's been asked to play. Also get the feeling that he and Rodgers don't get on particularly well despite what he said. The (unrecorded) pre-interview that the journo refers to a few times would probably shed more light on what his thoughts really are.

As for the fee, given Barkley (one year older, not as good, less experience) is quoted at 50m, then 60m+ is reasonable in today's market. If we get that, great! If not, he can stay another year whilst the likes of Ibe, Ojo and Wilson come through, all of whom can play in his position.

Yes this seems to be the sum of it. At the end of the day just get as much as you can from it.

Mind you, aside of the usual shit stirring agents involvement you can't blame the lad for wanting regular champions league football and he will of course attract the interest of some of the big name clubs that always qualify and win silverware. Thats not a pop, simply the way it is. The names Bale and Modric spring to mind.

^ Yeah, I've heard it was unsanctioned as well...which is not good! His biggest bugbear seems to be the RWB role he's been asked to play. Also get the feeling that he and Rodgers don't get on particularly well despite what he said. The (unrecorded) pre-interview that the journo refers to a few times would probably shed more light on what his thoughts really are.

As for the fee, given Barkley (one year older, not as good, less experience) is quoted at 50m, then 60m+ is reasonable in today's market. If we get that, great! If not, he can stay another year whilst the likes of Ibe, Ojo and Wilson come through, all of whom can play in his position.

Yes this seems to be the sum of it. At the end of the day just get as much as you can from it.

Mind you, aside of the usual shit stirring agents involvement you can't blame the lad for wanting regular champions league football and he will of course attract the interest of some of the big name clubs that always qualify and win silverware. Thats not a pop, simply the way it is. The names Bale and Modric spring to mind.

in fairness bale and modric were both a lot more advanced in their careers. sterling's only just turned 20.

it's difficult though, i can see both sides of this. liverpool got sterling from QPR by offering him the best possible financial package when he was fifteen. we can't now blame him for wanting to do the same again when that's exactly what we did to QPR in the first place.

• Like 1

devil, you make a spot on point about the fans - while he's pissing about over a contract the club is still involved in two major competitions, and the fans are entitled to expect his professionalism to reflect that. so while anfield ticket prices are over fifty quid a pop now, he's seen to be complaining that £100k a week isn't enough for him. so there will almost certainly be some reaction and abuse from the fans - but then it's raheem himself that has to field and deal with that isn't it, not his no-mark agent.

• Like 2

Liverpool should sell Sterling. Thats the long and the short of it. Everything coming out of this situation, let alone the timing of it all is wrong. Get as much as you can and be done with the lad that may well end up regretting the manner his agent has instructed him to go about matters.

Put up a silly figure and see who bites.

Liverpool should sell Sterling. Thats the long and the short of it. Everything coming out of this situation, let alone the timing of it all is wrong. Get as much as you can and be done with the lad that may well end up regretting the manner his agent has instructed him to go about matters.

he's a soft lad though - even if he were to transfer to a european giant like madrid or barca at this point he wouldn't even get near the side, so it'd be a stupid move. and i don't think we'd sell him to an arsenal or chelsea either, at least not for less than something stupid like £70m. silly badly-advised kid is making problems for himself where he needn't. sign a new contract on a sensible amount and get a release clause in there sure - but don't piss the club and fans about at the business end of a season when you should be concentrating on your game.

Maybe Manchester City?

he's a soft lad though - even if he were to transfer to a european giant like madrid or barca at this point he wouldn't even get near the side, so it'd be a stupid move. and i don't think we'd sell him to an arsenal or chelsea either, at least not for less than something stupid like £70m. silly badly-advised kid is making problems for himself where he needn't. sign a new contract on a sensible amount and get a release clause in there sure - but don't piss the club and fans about at the business end of a season when you should be concentrating on your game.

Maybe Manchester City?

I think he ought to stay at Liverpool, but he would fit in nicely on Man City's wing.

Personally, this is no surprise. the delays have always been about winning trophies in my eyes; and I don't blame him. I really think he should stay with us another season to continue his development,, and as i don't see us being a force in football for another 2 seasons at least, I think he could be a bit more patient. football is about success and plaudits, not just monery. I would actually wish him all the best next season; just not at the end of this one.

No worries for me though. We could probably buy an import of the same standard for the money we get (excusing the potential), and with a few players in the wings (pardon the pun) rebuilding would not be a major issue

Personally, this is no surprise. the delays have always been about winning trophies in my eyes; and I don't blame him. I really think he should stay with us another season to continue his development,, and as i don't see us being a force in football for another 2 seasons at least, I think he could be a bit more patient. football is about success and plaudits, not just monery. I would actually wish him all the best next season; just not at the end of this one.

No worries for me though. We could probably buy an import of the same standard for the money we get (excusing the potential), and with a few players in the wings (pardon the pun) rebuilding would not be a major issue

Maybe Manchester City?

it's not out of the question. he'd improve them and they can do the wages. but we'll have to charge them £60m at least really.

edit: and yes, i realise how <deleted> ridiculous that sounds.

Edited by StevieH

Maybe Manchester City?

it's not out of the question. he'd improve them and they can do the wages. but we'll have to charge them £60m at least really.

waffling brenda should own up for the sterling contract bit

a very short time back he boasted to all and sundry , that sterling was the brightest young magic spark on the european front, perhaps if he had more wisdom,and nounce

waffling brenda should have said... one of the bright up and coming young players in british football..a label which is truly deserved

i ask, would the special one jose ,do the same??? not on your life,as he is intellegient enuff to know, that the agents would immediately up the ante etc etc etc,which has now has unfolded

brenda is the biggest waffler in the EPL.,his tactics or no tactics in the closing stages of the EPL. last season,cost l/pool the title,make no mistake about that,it was there for the taking

leave me out of brenda the wafflersmile.pngbiggrin.png

Maybe Manchester City?

a very short time back he boasted to all and sundry , that sterling was the brightest young magic spark on the european front, perhaps if he had more wisdom,and nounce

waffling brenda should have said... one of the bright up and coming young players in british football..a label which is truly deserved

i ask, would the special one jose ,do the same??? not on your life,as he is intellegient enuff to know, that the agents would immediately up the ante etc etc etc,which has now has unfolded

brenda is the biggest waffler in the EPL.,his tactics or no tactics in the closing stages of the EPL. last season,cost l/pool the title,make no mistake about that,it was there for the taking

That's got a ring to it biggrin.png

Maybe Manchester City?

trolling tosh....next

• Like 2

Don't suppose there's any chance of waiting until Raheem's agent jumps ship and starts his own agency in the Summer before you castigate the kid eh? (comment applies to other threads as well.)coffee1.gif

And anyway, as he still has two years left on his existing contract, there is no rush to sell...unless of course it suits uswink.png

Seems an odd reason to not to question his being noncommittal at this point...could you give us more info fella?

In the Express a couple of months ago.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F554689%2FRaheem-Sterling-agent-Chelsea-Liverpool-transfer-news&ei=ToAcVaD0N4OMmwWR04GwBA&usg=AFQjCNGH4XlmeDkAhtn9Gz6c3_yl6QYR9w&sig2=s2O9hXGsn4GdH3BMyFo_8Q

Even the Daily Fail are catching up!

"Raheem Sterling’s stand-off with Liverpool over a new contract is not just to do with him.

It will suit Sterling’s representative Aidy Ward, who split with Rob Segal’s Impact Sports Management to set up on his own earlier this season, if any new deal is delayed until his parting from Segal has been finalised."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3023688/Rivals-claim-QPR-trying-dodge-50million-FFP-fines-getting-man-inside-Football-League.html#ixzz3WEFgs0id

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

trolling tosh....next

trolling tosh,not so at all

i kindly ask you to debate my points of my post,not the half hearted no fortitude reply from you

come on tosser..lets debate

trolling tosh....next

i kindly ask you to debate my points of my post,not the half hearted no fortitude reply from you

You'll have to debate yourself, I am busy entertaining.....btw your mam said best sort your own tea tonight and not to wait up for her, chin chin

trolling tosh....next

You'll have to debate yourself, I am busy entertaining.....btw your mam said best sort your own tea tonight and not to wait up for her, chin chin

as one would expect from a tosser, a no fortitude declination of my very polite request, to debate any point raised in my post

Maybe Manchester City?

Jose's far from the Special One he claims to be, as his dismal failure in the CL showed us all despite the incredible strength and talent in his squad. He's a cock, plain and simple.

Jose's far from the Special One he claims to be, as his dismal failure in the CL showed us all despite the incredible strength and talent in his squad. He's a cock, plain and simple.

managed in 4 different countries,over approx 14 yrs, pick up around 20 peices of silverware,during this period, some cock is the special one

Maybe Manchester City?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32177858

• Like 1