Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Interesting Piece :

Throughout 2014, Liverpool were repeatedly linked with MK Dons midfielder Dele Alli, who ultimately ended up at Tottenham after rejecting a move to Anfield. At one point, Reds boss Brendan Rodgers made a personal scouting trip to watch Alli, and a deal seemed nailed-on, but once again, Spurs beat Liverpool to the punch. So what went wrong?

Prior to his £5m Spurs move, Alli even claimed to be a Liverpool fan. He told the Daily Mail:

"I am actually a Liverpool fan and Gerrard is someone I look up to massively. Gerrard was a big influence on why I support Liverpool"

Clearly, Alli's fan-status made no difference to his decision, and in an interview this week, the 19-year old explained why he snubbed Liverpool. He told theLiverpool Echo:

“At the time I didn’t feel Liverpool was the right move personally, and I wanted to stay at MK a bit longer to get some more first-team experience. I knew if I got more experience by the end of the season that I’d be ready to move.”

Did Liverpool miss out here? The Academy is bursting at the seams with young talent, but the club lacks - even in the youth ranks - big, tall, combative midfield players, and Alli possibly offers something different.

Unfortunately, Gerrard aside, no central midfielder has ever graduated from the academy to become a regular in the first team. Jay Spearing came closest, but he averaged only 10 appearances a season over a 5-year period.

As such, rejecting Liverpool is arguably the right decision. Anfield is a graveyard for young players, and history proves that very few ever make it.

Players springing into our team from the youth squad....tis why we built world class training facilities.

Happy to see so many knocking on the door while the excess fat is being trimmed from our squad.

apparently they aint bothered about losing sterling cos they've got ibe in waiting cheesy.gif

"they"...is I, that is me who said that we have a player with greater talent and who will step up this season. You keep laughing like a special needs child would at a chimpanzee sucking his own knob in the zoo yet you have no counter.

apparently they aint bothered about losing sterling cos they've got ibe in waiting cheesy.gif

"they"...is I, that is me who said that we have a player with greater talent and who will step up this season. You keep laughing like a special needs child would at a chimpanzee sucking his own knob in the zoo yet you have no counter.

Ibe maybe good and in time may make the england squad and be a v decent prem player but sterling is a 'world stager' even with a strong wind imo note imo ibe will never be that and if you think he will fill sterlings boots your pissing in the wind.

rijit

Ibe maybe good and in time may make the england squad and be a v decent prem player but sterling is a 'world stager' even with a strong wind imo note imo ibe will never be that and if you think he will fill sterlings boots your pissing in the wind.

rijit

wai.gif thanks for your replying.

I'm not sure how often you have seen Ibe play, but to suggest I am pissing in the wind is way off the mark, just ask any Derby fan. Ibe has similar pace and trickery as Sterling, but has greater strength and power on the ball than Sterling and than most wingers in the league and he is just 19.

I don't think Sterling is a "world stager" or even close to it yet and if we get anything above 40M we've mugged City off.

The biggest difference is Sterling got his chance in the first team and is 1 year older. Hopefully he <deleted> off and Ibe will get his chance.

rijit

I'm not sure how often you have seen Ibe play, but to suggest I am pissing in the wind is way off the mark, just ask any Derby fan. Ibe has similar pace and trickery as Sterling, but has greater strength and power on the ball than Sterling and than most wingers in the league and he is just 19.

I don't think Sterling is a "world stager" or even close to it yet and if we get anything above 40M we've mugged City off.

The biggest difference is Sterling got his chance in the first team and is 1 year older. Hopefully he <deleted> off and Ibe will get his chance.

No sour grapes then:rolleyes:

rijit

Not sure whether to bellly laugh or throw up at that imagerytongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

rijit

rijit

As fans we have a right to feel aggrieved, this pantomime is ridiculous. It definitely could have been handled better by the club, but that doesn't justify him and his agents continued antics.

rijit

rijit

As fans we have a right to feel aggrieved, this pantomime is ridiculous. It definitely could have been handled better by the club, but that doesn't justify him and his agents continued antics.

barring him throwing a 'sickie'.which i presume the club are hapi about, else surely they would take action , after all he's still under contract, the only place it's being 'continued' is in the gutter press who are turning it into a circus

And getting into the heads of 'fans'.

rijit

Edited by rijit

rijit

club should have sent some hired goons around to break aidy ward's legs. the way this is being played out in the press now is a bad joke and it's all coming from sterling's camp.

• Like 1

rijit

club should have sent some hired goons around to break aidy ward's legs. the way this is being played out in the press now is a bad joke and it's all coming from sterling's camp.

Coarse it is.

rijit

'course', rijit.

and yes, it is.

Yep as per' blame the agent.

rijit

How could you not even put any blame on the agent...and as per what?

Have you seen his comments today, how the &lt;deleted&gt; this guy can come out with shit like that on behalf of his client needs his head read.

Liverpool failed to sign him on new deal when they should and could have done and now according to the guardian last season they didnt tell sterling about interest from man u and man city!!!

Poor management at Liverpool created the sitation not the agent.

rijit

Edited by rijit

It's amazing that you pair are that determined to flame and troll this forum, you don't mind looking like a pair <deleted> morons defending the indefensible.

Indefensible!! Looking at the THREAD so far i'de say your side was indefensible or perhaps undefended would be more accurate cos ignoring the accusations youv' said absolutely nothing to convince me of your side.

rijit

It's amazing that you pair are that determined to flame and troll this forum, you don't mind looking like a pair <deleted> morons defending the indefensible.

Indefensible!! Looking at the THREAD so far i'de say your side was indefensible or perhaps undefended would be more accurate cos ignoring the accusations youv' said absolutely nothing to convince me of your side.

rijit

please show what liverpool fc have done regarding sterling and his situation since turning down city's last bid. or shut up for gods' sake.

the answer is 'nothing' by the way, i'll save you the time. everything since that last bid has come from sterling's camp.

it's become incredibly tedious now. there's loads of good, intelligent discussion to be had on this forum in the main, with plenty of fans of other clubs who are absolutely sound. these boring f*ckwits are just a pain in the arse though.

• Like 2

it's become incredibly tedious now. there's loads of good, intelligent discussion to be had on this forum in the main, with plenty of fans of other clubs who are absolutely sound. these boring f*ckwits are just a pain in the arse though.

How comes when anyone comes out with anything you disagree with you start with the expletives and name calling, you seem to have this thing that your the only one who knows anything and your opinion is the only correct one, to be fair a lot of people might think your a f8ckwit with your contradicting posts.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

How comes when anyone comes out with anything you disagree with you start with the expletives and name calling, you seem to have this thing that your the only one who knows anything and your opinion is the only correct one, to be fair a lot of people might think your a f8ckwit with your contradicting posts.

alfie alfie smile.png , that's 'this weeks opinion' as even Steven says sterling stays and it'll be bac to 'last weeks' opinion. clap2.gif

Oooh from the gossip columns.....

Raheem Sterling's reputation

is taking a fresh battering

as he now refuses to turn up

at Liverpool FC, but the club

had probably already got the

message.

At the Liverpool players' end

of season dinner last month

Steven Gerrard was given a

lifetime achievement award.

Everyone got up to give him

a standing ovation. Everyone,

except for those on Raheem

Sterling's table.

Raheem, Glen Johnson and a

couple of others sat looking

the other way while the rest

of the squad stood and

cheered on their captain.

Oooh from the gossip columns.....

Raheem Sterling's reputation

is taking a fresh battering

as he now refuses to turn up

at Liverpool FC, but the club

had probably already got the

message.

At the Liverpool players' end

of season dinner last month

Steven Gerrard was given a

lifetime achievement award.

Everyone got up to give him

a standing ovation. Everyone,

except for those on Raheem

Sterling's table.

Raheem, Glen Johnson and a

couple of others sat looking

the other way while the rest

of the squad stood and

cheered on their captain.

more unsubstantiated crap.

You've got some big fake balls behind that keyboard don't you little man...

he's fast going from amusingly stupid through slightly tedious annoyance and then into proper pain in the hole just spamming the thread territory really.

sad when the kids can't play nice and you have to take their toys away.

from my perfectly good contents post, both of your replys amounted to what everyone can see??????????????

and both of yous can say the above

whats good for the goose, is good for the gander

toughen up scousers

Rumours from cyberspace is that Jordan Henderson is set to be named Liverpool captain tomorrow.

Best of a bad bunch or true captain material?

confirmed apparently. got no problem with it, think he's done a decent enough job as vice and will hopefully thrive now that he's out of gerrard's shadow.

be surprised if the vice job wasn't given to milner now tbh. guess other candidates would be skrtel, sakho and, if he's still there, lucas.

Rumours from cyberspace is that Jordan Henderson is set to be named Liverpool captain tomorrow.

Best of a bad bunch or true captain material?

confirmed apparently. got no problem with it, think he's done a decent enough job as vice and will hopefully thrive now that he's out of gerrard's shadow.

be surprised if the vice job wasn't given to milner now tbh. guess other candidates would be skrtel, sakho and, if he's still there, lucas.

I don't know who else you could give it to, and Milner should be vice.

I'd like think Can will shine in midfield this year and command the job from there on in, looks like captain material.