Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

Lemar seems to be favourite,,,,but I wouldn't mind Mahrez:smile:

I saw some gossipy rubbish about Lanzini from West Ham. Not a bad footballer but light years from Coutinho's quality. You have to figure Liverpool have been working on this for some time, but if so, mum has been the word.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes Mahrez would be a good fit.

Could he play CL games as well?

Yep....one reason why I'd like him. Can see us and the Arse getting one each? Altho' the 'Little Man' is supposed to be after Mahrez as well.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

I saw some gossipy rubbish about Lanzini from West Ham. Not a bad footballer but light years from Coutinho's quality. You have to figure Liverpool have been working on this for some time, but if so, mum has been the word.

Couts wasn't a worldie when he first arrived....Lanzini has potential, altho being S. American, he'd probably go to Barca after we'd turned him into one:sad:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

Couts wasn't a worldie when he first arrived....Lanzini has potential, altho being S. American, he'd probably go to Barca after we'd turned him into one:sad:

Yeah, I had seen Coutinho at Inter when he was very young and I didn't think he would amount to much. Couldn't have been more wrong. All in all he's a perfect fit for Barca. He'll slot into midfield right away and clearly the long term replacement for Iniesta.

32 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Looks like you have a few quid to spend on a midfielder.

Who is coming in then?

Actually Ronnie, looking at stats on Sky....Eriksen looks a good like for like fit. How much do you want for him?:thumbsup:

When you manage to sell a player for that kind of money, a guy that will by no means start every game, you just have to say "congratulations!"

VVD is far more significant in the bigger picture because you defense was putting CL qualification in doubt.  With a tighter defense and the remaining strength in attack you must be considered a favorite.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

£142m in for Coutinho! Well done for duping Barca.
£75 million out on Van Dijk's transfer fee.
Presume the +£60 million money will be spent on the defence.

it's not really duping them, he's a brilliant, world class footballer and it's about market rate albeit in an insane market. barcelona set the bar themselves with what they paid for dembele really so balls to them. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, champers said:

BBC are reporting that Mahrez is having a medical with Liverpool today. He is eligible for CL. No fee mentioned as yet.

This is a surprise to me. I would've thought Mahrez's on and off performances would have dissuaded Klopp. But, Klopp could probably light a fire under him.

*A quick google brings up having a medical or Liverpool absolutely not interested. Go figure.

Edited by jellydog

On 06/01/2018 at 10:53 AM, evenstevens said:

very nice pic Bob , where in the Gold Coast,??? and most importantly  where,s the bott of fine red??? anothe bow peep ahhh seen the wine rack,but it needs stocking if in Coolongatta go to  Danny Murphys liquer store on  the Tweed, unbelievable selection of fine wines, btw a very close mate about 4 or 5 yrs back sold a small parcel of land that Murphys sits on for a tick under 3 mil, had to share it though, with his business partner

Cheers, Mermaid Waters.

haha yeah the first place I went when I arrived was Dan Murphy’s - there is one 5 minutes from us. 

The wine and craft beer selection is  overwhelmingly fantastic. 

Some of the finest booze known to humanity. 

The good stuff is in the back fridge and garage ???????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Alfie better hope we spend some money this window or we will be taking the Net Spend Trophy that has had Spurs name proudly stamped on it year on year! 

“After Coutinho's sale, Liverpool have the lowest net spend in the Premier League over the last 2 years,at -£34 million

The next lowest is Swansea with -£19 million, while the two highest are Man City with £292million & Man Utd with £257million“ 

No no Bob, we are selling Harry this month so everything will be back to normal :shock1: :biggrin: must admit i am surprised at the two highest spenders though !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Alfie better hope we spend some money this window or we will be taking the Net Spend Trophy that has had Spurs name proudly stamped on it year on year! 

“After Coutinho's sale, Liverpool have the lowest net spend in the Premier League over the last 2 years,at -£34 million

The next lowest is Swansea with -£19 million, while the two highest are Man City with £292million & Man Utd with £257million“ 

Actually Bobby if you put Countinho's transfer at 105m which is what it stands at at the moment then them figs are incorrect, i'll not have anyone take away Spurs title that easily  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, champers said:

The BBC Mahrez medical news story (source Bien Sports plus a French publication) looks like duff info. If Mahrez hung around John Lennon airport for a couple of days, maybe things will change.

them Bein sports lot are bad teds. when your flagship front man is that hairy disgrace richard keys you aren't on the right road at all.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, StevieH said:

them Bein sports lot are bad teds. when your flagship front man is that hairy disgrace richard keys you aren't on the right road at all.

They've got a color analyst doing big La Liga games with an ironclad opinion/judgement about all and sundry every 30 seconds. Maddening.

• Like 1

i just had to google what a color analyst is, never heard that before. in england they're called co-commentators. and about 90-odd percent of them are utter berks who add nothing to the game and only speak in cliches. michael owen might be the worst of them as it goes. though phil neville is pretty appalling as well.