Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

75M was another bargain....worth every satang:clap2:

He's a good couple of years younger than Toby. We must also remember the market went totally insane.   All he really had to do to justify the price tag was to be as good as he was with Soton.  If Alderweirald goes in the summer as looks highly likely it'll be interesting to see what Levy holds out for baring I'm mind whats left on his contract and his age.  I've always got the impression people thought he was a younger player than he is.  

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Why not, who else gets to spend 250 million on their backline. 

Who else has spent 75m on one defender? Listen Bob, I don't have a problem with how much you spend on a player. What I don't understand is why City had to be referenced at all. Yes, we've spent money but so have many others. Just get's my goat up

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

He's a good couple of years younger than Toby. We must also remember the market went totally insane.   All he really had to do to justify the price tag was to be as good as he was with Soton.  If Alderweirald goes in the summer as looks highly likely it'll be interesting to see what Levy holds out for baring I'm mind whats left on his contract and his age.  I've always got the impression people thought he was a younger player than he is.  

I think Gomez may eventually become VVD's CB partner, but I wouldn't mind Alderweirald for a couple of years. Although dealing with Levy would be a pain. VVD's fellow dutchman Matthijs de Ligt is another I'd like (and he's only 18)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

And so have been many of our players. Apparently (I posted the link the other day) our current squad cost about 600m + and is now worth approx. 1.2bn

Although players worths have generally doubled in the last few years , since the Neymar and Pogba transfers 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Who else has spent 75m on one defender? Listen Bob, I don't have a problem with how much you spend on a player. What I don't understand is why City had to be referenced at all. Yes, we've spent money but so have many others. Just get's my goat up

Citeh have spent so much more than anyone else, and so will always get pulled on spending. Personally, as long as YOU feel it was spent wisely, I would enjoy it while you can....you know the rest of us are only jealous:thumbsup:

Anyway, in the absence of Alfie, here is a net spend table for the last two windows.

EPL Premier League clubs transfer spending 2017-18

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

Citeh have spent so much more than anyone else, and so will always get pulled on spending. Personally, as long as YOU feel it was spent wisely, I would enjoy it while you can....you know the rest of us are only jealous:thumbsup:

Anyway, in the absence of Alfie, here is a net spend table for the last two windows.

Nope. Not going down that road again :thumbsup:

Stuff to do today. The Mrs bought a new Omega at Heathrow Airport the other day. Now it's my turn for watch hunting. I don't want to talk about my net spend on watches either :smile:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, wilai said:

I think Gomez may eventually become VVD's CB partner, but I wouldn't mind Alderweirald for a couple of years. Although dealing with Levy would be a pain. VVD's fellow dutchman Matthijs de Ligt is another I'd like (and he's only 18)

We've been strongly linked with de Ligt.  Great prospect but perhaps Ajax are now fed up with us buying their players.  Or, do we have an arrangement?  Whatever, that club has churned out some real talent these past few years

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Stuff to do today. The Mrs bought a new Omega at Heathrow Airport the other day. Now it's my turn for watch hunting. I don't want to talk about my net spend on watches either :smile:

I can get you a decent price for a second hand Breitling in Germany.

Only 10% commission! :ph34r:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilai said:

EPL Premier League clubs transfer spending 2017-18

Gotta love the Ev, spend 200 Million, only to draft in the gravy quaffing Sam Allardyce to save them from a relegation battle they weren’t even in. 

What a time to be alive ?????

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Down the old Kingdom Tower Mall, with your posh towel on? ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Because you spend more than anyone else, you have more money  than anyone else and as long as you lads persist in making dinner and ironing the shirts in denial of the cheating husband we will persist in reminding you. I guess we ain’t getting off this merry-go-round just yet. ?

Edited by BangrakBob

10 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Because you spend more than anyone else, you have more money  than anyone else

Awww diddums. Wasn't always that way was it. Now we can spend the same and more than all the one's who out spent us for decades, it's all become so unfair

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Awww diddums. Wasn't always that way was it. Now we can spend the same and more than all the one's who out spent us for decades, it's all become so unfair

it’s just you lads seem to deny it, or make out like it’s not true that you have untold wealth and power. More than any other club in the world except PSG. 

You and B.B.s denial is what’s upsetting, from a football perspective we’ve got your measure ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

it’s just you lads seem to deny it, or make out like it’s not true that you have untold wealth and power. More than any other club in the world except PSG. 

You and B.B.s denial is what’s upsetting, from a football perspective we’ve got your measure ? 

That's a very peculiar post. We don't deny the "wealth"; it's documented internally (Audit) and externally (various accounting companies) annually. So what is it that's really bugging you guys. Is it that our wealthy buyer is wealthier than yours? Is it that liccle old City can compete financially against the traditional rich clubs? Quick change the rules;  oops that's been tried hasn't it but year on year we're progressing.

I remember when Chelsea came along and got the crap we get now but they're 5 years ahead of us and they're pretty accepted by the establishment.  Times change boys. Any one of my generation would find it hard to believe that the once mighty Liverpool could go 30 years without being champions. Any one of my dad's generation would find it hard to believe that the spurs could go nearly 60 years without being champions. Times are a changing boys. Get used to it.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Because you spend more than anyone else, you have more money  than anyone else and as long as you lads persist in making dinner and ironing the shirts in denial of the cheating husband we will persist in reminding you. I guess we ain’t getting off this merry-go-round just yet. ?

Ya gotta be kidding.

mrboj will have bought himself a plastic Mickey Mouse watch.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That's a very peculiar post. We don't deny the "wealth"; it's documented internally (Audit) and externally (various accounting companies) annually. So what is it that's really bugging you guys. Is it that our wealthy buyer is wealthier than yours? Is it that liccle old City can compete financially against the traditional rich clubs? Quick change the rules;  oops that's been tried hasn't it but year on year we're progressing.

I remember when Chelsea came along and got the crap we get now but they're 5 years ahead of us and they're pretty accepted by the establishment.  Times change boys. Any one of my generation would find it hard to believe that the once mighty Liverpool could go 30 years without being champions. Any one of my dad's generation would find it hard to believe that the spurs could go nearly 60 years without being champions. Times are a changing boys. Get used to it.

I'm loving the wheels falling off your bus right now though I must admit. 

Its an ABC moment. :clap2:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm loving the wheels falling off your bus right now though I must admit. 

Its an ABC moment. :clap2:

As an admirer of City's bus, you'll appreciate our bus for future games against the Liverpublicans.

1523097595782.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robertson out with calf injury so Moreno left on bench as cover for Tuesday...Klavan starts at L/B or LCB instead......Then Moreno injures himself in the warm up!!! Camacho replaces him on the bench. Masterson and Curtis Jones also on the bench. #ourspanishclown #derbydebutants

Edited by wilai
  • Sad 1

A bit peeved about the predictions. The last full programme before the Int' Break was a great chance to get 10 from 10. As it was we predicted 8 with two perfects. BUT!! The two incorrect were easily predictable. SuperSpurs and Everton both won and I had them down for draws. Last w/e (Saturday)I went to Laos and had lots of problems on the way back. Got home at 8pm and by the time I had sorted myself out I was late.

Easy 2 weeks but this week is a different ball of wax. 6 of the games could genuinely go any of three ways. It's a toughie alright.

The out standing matches are with the two who are due to lock horns again on Tuesday. How will they play it?

The Toffees were so poor last week they should have been outside collecting pennies to buy a player who could show a bit of pride in the shirt. But The Reds,,,, fantastic.

Similar at Manchester. Ordinariy you would expect this to be a comfortable win, as the Old Trafford game was; but,,,... 

1-1 Everton v Liverpool,
Top form Reds against a very poor Everton side. Football is a funny old game. Salah and Robertson out?

1-1 Bournemouth v Crystal Palace.
Palace have been playing well but things have not gone their way. The Cherries are only too pleased to be in the Prem' next year; can't split them.

0-0 Brighton v Huddersfield Town.
Town desperately need a few points. I think they will get one.

3-0 Leicester v Newcastle.
Along with Arsenal one of my two bankers.

1-1 Stoke v SuperSpurs.

Shaqiri atrikes again. I know; fence sitting again. 

1-2 Watford v Burnley,

0-0 WBA v Swansea.

1-1 City v United.

5-0 Arsenal v Saints.

2-1 Chelsea v WHU.

Best game outside the Prem: last night when the top two

played each other in Cardiff. WW yook the game 0-1. Two missed pens' in 90+ time.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Jaysus. I hope you play like this on tuesday

You know we would have forfeited if it was possible. 

Go anc dick around for 90 minutes and hope we don’t get any injuries was the plan. 

Unfortunately for us, we’ve lost 5/6 players in a week ?