Failures Of Logic Or Meaning In Comments About Being In Thailand

lookingeast

Yourauntbob - When writing posts do you watch the news or, indeed spend time reading topics on the Internet. USA and Europe are in financial sh*ts still. Have you ever heard of Greece, Cyprus or Spain? They are in Europe - did you know? It is recorded that the UK is going into a "Triple Dip Recession". Of course did you forget that this was all started by "Toxic Lending" in the US?

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally prefer not to respond to topics on forums because of all the dumb, idiotic,and stupid responses that appear. Best to shut up! Recent posts on this thread are typical. Enough to put normal people off starting any topic.

I will make no comment other than to say the Op's post was well thought out and an excellent post whether you agree with the points or not.

umm.... you say you dont respond to topics on forums but you have 1000+ posts blink.png

I think you have just justified his reasoning....

Yourauntbob - When writing posts do you watch the news or, indeed spend time reading topics on the Internet. USA and Europe are in financial sh*ts still. Have you ever heard of Greece, Cyprus or Spain? They are in Europe - did you know? It is recorded that the UK is going into a "Triple Dip Recession". Of course did you forget that this was all started by "Toxic Lending" in the US?

I keep up with the news daily. Why do you ask? My original post points to the US and EU heading for recession just as you pointed out.

What exactly with my post are you disagreeing with?????

p.s. When you post, do you try to defy the rules of grammar?

Edited by yourauntbob

I keep up with the news daily. Why do you ask? My original post points to the US and EU heading for recession just as you pointed out.

You talk about reducing GDP etc. USA and Europe are in deep sh*t now. GDP has reduced dramatically. Do you know what "GDP" is? As for your comment on "Third Worlds" their economies are doing much better right now. If I was you I would start to learn Chinese. They will become the new financial rulers of the world. USA step down and bow. As for my grammar, well as an ex-BBC Financial Expert and a communicator to the Royal Household, I would say its quite good. Of course if you are American it may sound quite different but remember, Christopher Columbus found America and he was British.

I don't think some of you have a clue what Third World means.

It's got nothing to do with the wealthy, it's got everything to do with the poor.

I remember the Ethiopian government ordering two containers of whisky from Scotland at the height of the 1984 famine.

What does that tell you? The elite didn't give a toss. It's the same here in Thailand, that busy creating self enrichment schemes and neglecting the health care, education and housing of the poorest people

Next thing you'll be saying is that India isn't Third World cos it's got a space programme.

Oh aye that'll be right enough then.

How does your theory equate to Switzerland and Austria then?

The thought maybe that it's third world based on poverty, but the reality is different.

My !st hand experience of the health care is that it is as good as any in the UK, the UK health system is crumbling, but it won't make the UK third world.

My wife's daughter is in a private school that costs B1,200 per year and speaks as good English as most non-native speakers and is looking tofurther education already at 14yrs of age.

A lady with a disabled daughter 3 doors away from me had the land given to her and the house built by the government.

Where would you get any more or better than that in the UK or Europe.

Didn't the Primeminister of England Tony Blair line his own pockets and then as thing started to fall apart secure himself a well paid job and leave his PM position that he accepted for a 4yr term early?

Laughable......

It doesn't matter how the terminology came to pass, the context of Third World has now moved on from the Cold War rhetoric.

Your line about Thai healthcare being comparable with the NHS is just surreal. Yes the best private hospitals can stand comparison, but go into the public health service and you will get a shock.

The experience i was talking about was a public health hospital in Udon Thani and with the payment of a B30 card, you are perfectly right i did get a shock, but only about how well the hospital coped with the vast amount of motorbike and car accident victims and the number of farang patients that were

being treated.

My wife was admitted with serious leg injuries that nearly cost her to lose both legs, severed main arteries in both legs and massive muscle damage, the doctors assessed her immediately and stopped the loss of blood they then stabilised her and prepared her for her 5hr operation.

She was then brought into the ward and cared for by excellent nurses and doctors for the next 2 weeks with no complaints from staff for questions that i asked.

This all happened October last year, thanks to the continued help of the doctors and nurses she can walk and continue to live a full life wheelchair free.

Please go to a hospital and see for yourself the way patients are dealt with and not prejudge with lack of knowledge, and before you ridicule my comment about UK hospitals a similar situation for my brother after being a passenger in a car accident saw him lay on a stretcher in a corridor for 29hrs in the UK and yes laughable.....

Can send pics as proof to any disbeliever via PM.

Edited by Keith67

You talk about reducing GDP etc. USA and Europe are in deep sh*t now. GDP has reduced dramatically. Do you know what "GDP" is? As for your comment on "Third Worlds" their economies are doing much better right now. If I was you I would start to learn Chinese. They will become the new financial rulers of the world. USA step down and bow. As for my grammar, well as an ex-BBC Financial Expert and a communicator to the Royal Household, I would say its quite good. Of course if you are American it may sound quite different but remember, Christopher Columbus found America and he was British.

"While writing posts do you read the news," --- No, I do not read the news at the same time that I am writing a post, it would be very difficult to do.

"They are in Europe - did you know" I think you meant "Did you know they are in Europe"

Anyway, I will not beat a dead horse and move forward with the topic at hand. GDP in America has slowed but is still climbing not falling. I am not sure about the latest EU figures but I would guess they are in or around the same area as the USA. There are some troubled countries that need help but also some countries that are doing quite well (take Germany for example.

As for China, they can only copy their way soo far and then will need to start inovating. It has yet to be seen that they can do so. Even if they did surpass the USA (which they are still well behind in GDP, and FAR behind in GPD per capita) I dont foresee Chinese, one of the most difficult languages to master, becoming the standard in business negotiations.

If you are ex-BBC, I feel bad for the viewers during that time period and am surprised the BBC does not pay you to disassociate with them all together.

To the main point of all of this, the EU and America are in bad shape but it may get MUCH worse. Right now neither to my knowledge is in the technical definition of a recession but it may very well come to that some day soon.

, I would say its quite good. Of course if you are American it may sound quite different but remember, Christopher Columbus found America and he was British.

And there was me thinking he was Italian all this time..........coffee1.gif

• Like 1

It's got nothing to do with the wealthy, it's got everything to do with the poor.

I remember the Ethiopian government ordering two containers of whisky from Scotland at the height of the 1984 famine.

What does that tell you? The elite didn't give a toss. It's the same here in Thailand, that busy creating self enrichment schemes and neglecting the health care, education and housing of the poorest people

Next thing you'll be saying is that India isn't Third World cos it's got a space programme.

The thought maybe that it's third world based on poverty, but the reality is different.

My !st hand experience of the health care is that it is as good as any in the UK, the UK health system is crumbling, but it won't make the UK third world.

My wife's daughter is in a private school that costs B1,200 per year and speaks as good English as most non-native speakers and is looking tofurther education already at 14yrs of age.

A lady with a disabled daughter 3 doors away from me had the land given to her and the house built by the government.

Didn't the Primeminister of England Tony Blair line his own pockets and then as thing started to fall apart secure himself a well paid job and leave his PM position that he accepted for a 4yr term early?

Laughable......

It doesn't matter how the terminology came to pass, the context of Third World has now moved on from the Cold War rhetoric.

Your line about Thai healthcare being comparable with the NHS is just surreal. Yes the best private hospitals can stand comparison, but go into the public health service and you will get a shock.

The experience i was talking about was a public health hospital in Udon Thani and with the payment of a B30 card, you are perfectly right i did get a shock, but only about how well the hospital coped with the vast amount of motorbike and car accident victims and the number of farang patients that were

being treated.

My wife was admitted with serious leg injuries that nearly cost her to lose both legs, severed main arteries in both legs and massive muscle damage, the doctors assessed her immediately and stopped the loss of blood they then stabilised her and prepared her for her 5hr operation.

She was then brought into the ward and cared for by excellent nurses and doctors for the next 2 weeks with no complaints from staff for questions that i asked.

This all happened October last year, thanks to the continued help of the doctors and nurses she can walk and continue to live a full life wheelchair free.

Please go to a hospital and see for yourself the way patients are dealt with and not prejudge with lack of knowledge, and before you ridicule my comment about UK hospitals a similar situation for my brother after being a passenger in a car accident saw him lay on a stretcher in a corridor for 29hrs in the UK and yes laughable.....

Sorry to hear that about your wife.

You will no doubt be sorry to hear that I have experience of the Thai public health service.

In fact someone close to me is due an operation next Friday. That's just one in a spate of recent admissions .

I detest the arrogance of the farangs that take up time an beds in the hospitals. Health insurance should be a visa requirement.

The service is staffed with well meaning and professional people, but they are badly under resourced.

"While writing posts do you read the news," --- No, I do not read the news at the same time that I am writing a post, it would be very difficult to do.

"They are in Europe - did you know" I think you meant "Did you know they are in Europe"

Anyway, I will not beat a dead horse and move forward with the topic at hand. GDP in America has slowed but is still climbing not falling. I am not sure about the latest EU figures but I would guess they are in or around the same area as the USA. There are some troubled countries that need help but also some countries that are doing quite well (take Germany for example.

As for China, they can only copy their way soo far and then will need to start inovating. It has yet to be seen that they can do so. Even if they did surpass the USA (which they are still well behind in GDP, and FAR behind in GPD per capita) I dont foresee Chinese, one of the most difficult languages to master, becoming the standard in business negotiations.

If you are ex-BBC, I feel bad for the viewers during that time period and am surprised the BBC does not pay you to disassociate with them all together.

To the main point of all of this, the EU and America are in bad shape but it may get MUCH worse. Right now neither to my knowledge is in the technical definition of a recession but it may very well come to that some day soon.

Yourauntrob You obviously have a sexuality problem with a name like that but I love you all the same. Am I to assume that your occupation is a Banker spelt with a silent "W"? *Kisses* ;)

Laughable......

being treated.

Sorry to hear that about your wife.

You will no doubt be sorry to hear that I have experience of the Thai public health service.

In fact someone close to me is due an operation next Friday. That's just one in a spate of recent admissions .

I detest the arrogance of the farangs that take up time an beds in the hospitals. Health insurance should be a visa requirement.

The service is staffed with well meaning and professional people, but they are badly under resourced.

Not sorry to hear you have experience atall maybe your experience and mine are far different though.

I hope your friends operation goes well for them.

As for the farangs in the hospital not usually their fault if they are very sick and unable to comunicate as most i saw were, if the rescue staff cannot understand or converse with a patient they are automatically taken to the local hospital. A couple of the guy's i got taling to in there were fully insured from Europe and America and when they came round they wondered why they hadn't been taken to a private hospital, maybe wives / girlfriends didn't know i don't know.

As for your last comment can you honestly tell me that you have never heard that in the UK?

That comment is also a perfect description of the NHS.

I'm glad your not a history teacher.

• Like 1

I generally prefer not to respond to topics on forums because of all the dumb, idiotic,and stupid responses that appear. Best to shut up! Recent posts on this thread are typical. Enough to put normal people off starting any topic.

I will make no comment other than to say the Op's post was well thought out and an excellent post whether you agree with the points or not.

umm.... you say you dont respond to topics on forums but you have 1000+ posts blink.png

In earlier times, those that posted mostly had good intentions. Now far too many posters delight in putting everyone else down and making idiotic comments. Wear the hat if that fits! Thats why I nowadays prefer not to become involved.

I generally only post now when I can specifically help and advise on a topic, and usually prefer to do this by PM!

• Like 2

Yourauntrob You obviously have a sexuality problem with a name like that but I love you all the same. Am I to assume that your occupation is a Banker spelt with a silent "W"? *Kisses* wink.png

Yes, I do have a sexuality problem, my girlfriend does not give me it enough wink.png .

Not sure of your sarcasm level but its all in good fun, no offense taken, and my sincerest best wishes to you.

p.s. its a capital "W" and no need to be silent

Edited by yourauntbob

Did you mean "I'm glad you're not a history teacher"? coffee1.gif

What a waste of digital storage. Can anyone please comment on the OP's thesis? It was not centered on who or what is 3rd world, or England's screwed up health care system.

Maybe not centred but included it was.

3) How often - how many thousands of times - have we seen some problem with Thailand accounted for by describing it as 'THIRD WORLD'. Ha - all i can say is, people using that label have never been near a Third World country if they think it fits Thailand. By reasons of infrastructure, GDP, income per capita, education-system (in spite of its faults), level of nutrition, ownership of assets such as property and vehicles....on and on. To use the label 'Third World' about Thailand is just cognitively lazy, thoughtless, and probably spiteful.

Laughable......

being treated.

Take a 50km trip down to Nongbualumphu and see their Hospital, it's worlds apart.

A and E are very proffesional but the wards are understaffed, filthy with a serious lack of care, beds practically next to each other. People with TB etc with the families doing the caring not the nurses. I spent 600 baht for a VIP room where a nurse checked every half hour, and got treatment like in a private hospital, amazing what a few baht get you.

I can't be bothered with the apostrophe and the e, it's a trait I have that annoys people.

Can you see my concerned face?

• Like 1

p.s. its a capital "W" and no need to be silent

Glad to see you know what a "<deleted>" is. If your girlfriends not giving you enough it explains a lot!

For some reason she thinks twice a day is enough

Well I guess if she can't feel it then it's a "small" disappointment each time.

Never mind, I still love you Auntie Bob ;)

Broadly I'm in agreement with the OP..... I think there was a similar post a while back.

In particular I'm amused be the first few follow up posts that so well support his points and underline the prevailing comprehension and reading abilities of so many of those who post here.....no wonder there is a lack of "logic"!

It would be nice if some posters would take a short course in critical thinking before they put pen to paper or rather index finger (maybe thumb?) to keyboard.

So often with a "conversation" here is like trying to explain the orbiting planets to someone who thinks the world is flat. (and I bet someone chirps up that it could be!)

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 2

Take a 50km trip down to Nongbualumphu and see their Hospital, it's worlds apart.

A and E are very proffesional but the wards are understaffed, filthy with a serious lack of care, beds practically next to each other. People with TB etc with the families doing the caring not the nurses. I spent 600 baht for a VIP room where a nurse checked every half hour, and got treatment like in a private hospital, amazing what a few baht get you.

I live 50km the opposite direction towards Nong Han, that was the hos[ital she went to first, there they couldn't slop the bleeding and as you say although clean and proffesional not enough funding, although i did lose my templer in Nong Han when 1 of the nurses who had already spoken to me in English said to her friend in Thai while they were cleaning my wifes wounds, "why did they have to come at this time, we just paid for the expensive som tam and now it will be ruined" i shouted at her in Thai " because it's what you get f**king paid for", or there abouts, with a look of shock she cleaned her up and never said another word.

• Like 1

I can't be bothered with the apostrophe and the e, it's a trait I have that annoys people.

Can you see my concerned face?

No, cant see your concerned face, and if your not concerned with it, neither am I. Apostrophes, contractions, and possessive adjectives are highly overrated anyway. whistling.gif

• Like 2

I live 50km the opposite direction towards Nong Han, that was the hos[ital she went to first, there they couldn't slop the bleeding and as you say although clean and proffesional not enough funding, although i did lose my templer in Nong Han when 1 of the nurses who had already spoken to me in English said to her friend in Thai while they were cleaning my wifes wounds, "why did they have to come at this time, we just paid for the expensive som tam and now it will be ruined" i shouted at her in Thai " because it's what you get f**king paid for", or there abouts, with a look of shock she cleaned her up and never said another word.

Please be aware it is not the quality of the room or furniture that kills or cures you, it is the quality of the staff......and their training.