Pm To Personally Supervise Violence Eradication In The Deep South

Lite Beer

Obviously shes pi**ed off the brother and hes ordered her to do this... hoping she will get shot or blown up and the fat ugly sister can take over.

I am not sure how to take that. I think he is getting a little worried that she takes time every once in a while to think about what he is doing.

But now the ugly one is in position to take the job and she is not ignorant of politics. She might tell him don't bother us any more. She might have a streak of compassion and allow him back in to the country with no charges against him and a pardon that depends on him only living and traveling in the three southern provinces.

I do feel if Yingluck could drop the army and security nonsense and just try to endear herself to the population as a women who cares for them and is sad to see what is happening there that would go a lot further than being Commander in Chief

Reforming the constitution is one thing. Manufacturing a judicial pardon and amnesty for criminal wrong doing is a little harder.

The flood gates are actually the amnesty, it would spark thousands of retrospective claims for tax.

^29 'Combat prints in this year'

Oh boy, a sudden urge was only suppressed by sitting on my hands :-)

Well it has to look better than the previous seasons of Burberry wellies...

Cmon Yingluck, sock it to um. I await analysis of the latest fashion in bullet proof vests for the professional woman. How does a states woman look good under a helmet?

I know we all criticise her travel activities and there'a a lot of fun goes into it but it's actually disgraceful that she finds any excuse to leave the country with so much going on at home and throughly irresponsible as a so called PM to leave deputies like Chalerm in charge but she gets away with it as she's a Shinawatra, is a puppet and basically irrelevant

So very true. Inept, incapable, inexperienced, immature and inexplicably always absent. Best place for her, by her own admission in continued absence, is to be uninvolved in Thailand and its continuing problems. Sadly, a pathetic excuse for a PM, able to hold a post due to the brainwashing of the masses and seen as a substitute but direct link in his absence. Then to come out with this type of headline - the spin doctors are working overtime with more useless rhetoric with no hope of any result.

• Like 2

I thought the crux of the problem is the mainly Muslim southerners don't want to be ruled by the mainly Buddhist northerners, and would prefer to setup their own autonomous state or be aligned with Malaysia. I would be interested to see how she will solve that without Thailand reducing it's land mass!

Edited by MaiChai

I know we all criticise her travel activities and there'a a lot of fun goes into it but it's actually disgraceful that she finds any excuse to leave the country with so much going on at home and throughly irresponsible as a so called PM to leave deputies like Chalerm in charge but she gets away with it as she's a Shinawatra, is a puppet and basically irrelevant

So very true. Inept, incapable, inexperienced, immature and inexplicably always absent. Best place for her, by her own admission in continued absence, is to be uninvolved in Thailand and its continuing problems. Sadly, a pathetic excuse for a PM, able to hold a post due to the brainwashing of the masses and seen as a substitute but direct link in his absence. Then to come out with this type of headline - the spin doctors are working overtime with more useless rhetoric with no hope of any result.

Careful what you say. It's possible that by having her directly involved via Skype, the softly softly gloves come off.

Careful what you say. It's possible that by having her directly involved via Skype, the softly softly gloves come off.

Defence to defamation is truth! :)

The question put by Thai@heart "On another thread, Plopadope is supposed to monitor an elephant "on the spot". What does that mean?" can probably be answered with "don't get splattered"

Well in the context of "personally supervise the eradication a violent insurgency" I look forward to Yingluck's GI Jane get up.

I hear combat prints are in this year, or any year a country is at war.

Well, she's already perfected the use of camouflage in parliament. It's extremely difficult to spot her there.

I thought the crux of the problem is the mainly Muslim southerners don't want to be ruled by the mainly Buddhist northerners, and would prefer to setup their own autonomous state or be aligned with Malaysia. I would be interested to see how she will solve that without Thailand reducing it's land mass!

If an autonomous status were agreed to, Deep South provinces would still remain Thai territory. However, unlikely due to resistance by the military and Buddhist nationalists.

Edited by simple1

She will correct their misconceptions about the Thai state which have been deliberately spread by bad people and they will immediately fall into line, convert to Buddhism, speak Thai and start loving Nation, Religion and Monarchy like there was no tomorrow.

The simple but brilliant solution provided by a woman's gentle touch will finally bear fruit, whereas male leaders like her bro always failed by applying macho solutions like boiling chaps in 10 gallon drums, suffocating men in army trucks piled up like logs with arms tied behind their backs, disappearing their menfolk, spraying M16 fire in peaceful tea shops etc, etc.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

If an autonomous status were agreed to, Deep South provinces would still remain Thai territory. However, unlikely due to resistance by the military and Buddhist nationalists.

You really think it's that simple?

What does 'autonomous state' mean? In reality a term which seems flexible case by case.

In regard to the South of Thailand, the folks who are rebelling mostly want to be part of a country which is seen primarily as Muslim. And many of these same folks would like to see sharia law.

Can you really see a situation where the states / provinces of Pattani, Narathiwat etc., remain part of the sovereign territory of Thailand but practice sharia law? And how would finances for investment / infrastructure work?

Additionally please note that NOT ALL folks from Pattani, Narathiwat etc., provinces share these aims. Many are Buddhist, and have zero desire to cut their total allegiances to Thailand.

However it is clearly true that in general terms the folks from the deep Southern provinces do have some legitimate gripes. It is true that they have been treated (by Bangkok) like third class citizens, for a long time.

Talk to some older well informed Thais and you'll quickly learn that there are many (unscrupulous) people (plenty in Bangkok) who don't want this problem fixed because fixing it would stop their income flow. And without any doubt plenty of these unscrupulous people have strong and ruthless political connections.

So Yingluck has now taken personal control of the situation and will fix it - I'm not holding my breath.

You really think it's that simple?

What does 'autonomous state' mean? In reality a term which seems flexible case by case.

In regard to the South of Thailand, the folks who are rebelling mostly want to be part of a country which is seen primarily as Muslim. And many of these same folks would like to see sharia law.

Can you really see a situation where the states / provinces of Pattani, Narathiwat etc., remain part of the sovereign territory of Thailand but practice sharia law? And how would finances for investment / infrastructure work?

Additionally please note that NOT ALL folks from Pattani, Narathiwat etc., provinces share these aims. Many are Buddhist, and have zero desire to cut their total allegiances to Thailand.

However it is clearly true that in general terms the folks from the deep Southern provinces do have some legitimate gripes. It is true that they have been treated (by Bangkok) like third class citizens, for a long time.

Talk to some older well informed Thais and you'll quickly learn that there are many (unscrupulous) people (plenty in Bangkok) who don't want this problem fixed because fixing it would stop their income flow. And without any doubt plenty of these unscrupulous people have strong and ruthless political connections.

So Yingluck has now taken personal control of the situation and will fix it - I'm not holding my breath.

There have been polls (unreliable I know) that the majority of Thai Muslims in the deep South wish to remain Thai citizens. I personally do not believe a Thai government would accept Sharia Law in the deep South, but you never know 100% in conflict resolution. I recall that in Malaysia where Sharia law has been implemented (only in some States?) it applies to Civil law, not criminal and non Muslims are specifically excluded from Sharia jurisdiction. About 10/20% of the deep South population are non Muslim.

Regards autonomy it could run along the lines of Aceh or the agreement in principal in Southern Philippines & be self governing, but with national issues such as policing, defense and foreign relations remain with central government. Obviously tax / revenue sharing would need to be negotiated. No doubt a very long and painful process, when or if the talks get to the detail with the actual decision makers.