Bying Electronics On The Internet- First And Negative Experience

wernerfreitag

In Europe I bought all my electronics on the internet , never had any problems.

Now I was looking for a new computer and a modem-router here . Both of them were not available in ChiangMai , which seems to be deep province electronic-wise, because I found these things before in BKK..

I found some internet shops. One had both devices available, delivery time 24-48 hours. The shops name is CharngNoi.com (Simple Tech Ltd.).

After the order on Sunday, April 4th , they told us delivery was not possible before Songran . Remember the 24-48hours delivery promise ! A week was not enough!

Ok, we called them several times to make sure they had the devices in stock. Finally , on Monday , April 22nd , they said they were ready and I transferred the money.The items should be sent on Tuesday afternoon- They were ordered including EMS delivery.

On Tuesday we were told that EMS ( 2 days delivery time ) was not safe enough. Things could get broken, but a safer way of transportation would deliver directly to our home on Friday ( today, same week, same month, same year ).

Today is Friday ! We were called just to tell us the delivery to our place in ChiangDao is only possible on next Thursday.

My wife is Thai , she could stay calm, I could not.

The last call this afternoon came from a transportation company in CNX , promising delivery tormorrow .

I must add that the lady in the custome service of tis company was very friendly and professional. A conversation in English was possble She tried to help.

Wll be continued !

+1 for invadeIT, I ordered a 27" top end monitor and I could choose between 2-3 different couriers. Hua Hin to Pattaya.

There was an extra 800 baht fee if I was using Paypal so I paid them direct to a bank account no thus saving 800 baht.

3 days later my monitor was delivered direct to my house.

Their NOT cheap, i bought a galaxy tab 2 10.1 with wifi and 3g in mbk today for B10,500

theres is B12900 at the following link

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/tablets/samsung/galaxy-tab-2-10-1-android-tablet-titanium-silver-16gb-3g-quad-band-p009735/

Yes but the airline ticket from Chiang Mai, 4000+ Baht, 6-800 Baht taxi ride to/from mkb, several hours lost time ++ does make it cheaper and more convenient in CM to order it from there. smile.png

I order all my computer items from Invadeit as the service has been flawless. Not so sure about the little shops at mkb though.

"

After the order on Sunday, April 4th , they told us delivery was not
possible before Songran . Remember the 24-48hours delivery promise ! A
week was not enough!

Ok, we called them several times to make sure they had the devices in
stock. Finally , on Monday , April 22nd , they said they were ready and
I transferred the money.The items should be sent on Tuesday afternoon-
They were ordered including EMS delivery."""

You should have smelled a rat when the 24-48 delivery could not be complete in 10 days

and you never should have proceeded with tranferring the money ... just my opinion

So many of the Thai computer/electronic online stores are just simple little businesses/holes in the wall. And it sounds like the store the OP bought from was one of these and definitely tries to squeeze the most baht from each sale. I'm not surprised about the Songkran delay since during the week of Songkran many businesses shut down or go into "do the minimum" mode....kinda like ordering from some China-based sellers just before/during Chinese New Years....many of those Ebay sellers usually have in their ads some type of words that basically say "even though you may order today we probably won't ship until after Chinese New Years."

Delaying orders from the April 4th because of Songkran...(days off for Songkran didn't start until atleast 10th)...I would have already moved on to a different company.

If they had the items in stock, there would be no reason they couldn't ship well before Songkran (especially if they promise 24-48 hours on their website)

Edited by dave111223

Songkran buggers up EVERYTHING! It's the equivalent of Thanksgiving in the US. Most places politely tell you that ordering anything within a week of the start of Songkran is asking the impossible. Staff go home for the holidays, smaller courier companies shut for the week. There's even a dentist in Udon that closed for 10 days. My truck was ordered in January 2012 and I was told by the dealer if they hadn't got it in by last week of March, I wouldn't see it till after Songkran. True enough, it turned up on 24th April.

The OP probably fell for the Thai sales ploy of telling the customer what they want to hear as opposed to the truth. Witness my buddy placing a large order on a Wednesday for suits and shirts. This with the tailor he has used for years.

'When will they be ready?' he asks.

'Tomorrow sir.' is the answer.

'Really? That's 2 suits with fitting and 6 shirts.'

'Fitting tomorrow evening then sir.'

'One fitting?'

'OK, Friday afternoon second fitting and the shirts in evening, no problem sir.'

'But I don't fly out until Sunday night.'

'Very good sir, everything will be ready on Sunday afternoon.

If you allow them to tell you what you want to hear, and believe it, you are doomed. Hold their feet to the fire on this and you won't be too disappointed.

Edited by NanLaew

...telling the customer what they want to hear as opposed to the truth.

Happens in most every country, but I will admit many Thai businesses have mastered the concept. I always joke with my wife that the salesperson always gave her the answer she wanted to hear.

+1 for Invade IT

I've ordered a few things from them with no problems. Delivery to Chiang Rai is lot cheaper than flying to Bangkok and going hunting.

I placed an order a few weeks ago on the 9th April (and I was expecting Songkran to delay the delivery). The website said 2-3 days for stock.

They emailed me back on the 10th to say they didn't have the item in stock and the supplier couldn't tell them when they would get more.

They cancelled the order and I got it from eBay. It cost a bit more, but I couldn't be assed waiting.

Invade are great.

Last order had a faulty item. Not their fault. As a repeat customer they sent a replacement before I had posted the original back.

Only frustration is the online tracking giving false hope on times...but that is the post office!