Not Allowed To Have Fun In Thailand.

theblether

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their favour, some Thai women have insight!

They can see the point in the phrase "Add alcohol, instant xxxxhole" where the inevitable is going to happen and try to avoid this. Most cases it isn't instant!

There are also a few humble men out there who can recognise the above phrase as part of their persona, and have their better halves step in with firm verbal instruction to avert the xxxxhole stage.

Sometimes, women do have constructive uses.........................wink.png

tongue.png

Edited to disguise profanities a little bit better

Edited by chrisinth

When you pay the bills you call the shots. Think of yourself as a sugar daddy who lays down the law with his piece of candy. "Baby, you get to eat, sleep, have entertainment, probably acquire assets all on my dime. With the exception of throwing any physical interludes in your face, I get to do what I want when I want. If this is not good for you, then it is best if we don't start."

Or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelding

A gelding is a castrated horse or other equine such as a donkey or a mule. Castration, and the elimination of hormonally driven behavior associated with a stallion, allows a male horse to be calmer and better-behaved, making the animal quieter, gentler and potentially more suitable as an everyday working animal.

Better to be a sugar daddy and have fun rather than an everyday working animal who has lost his Cohones

When you pay the bills you call the shots. Think of yourself as a sugar daddy who lays down the law with his piece of candy. "Baby, you get to eat, sleep, have entertainment, probably acquire assets all on my dime. With the exception of throwing any physical interludes in your face, I get to do what I want when I want. If this is not good for you, then it is best if we don't start."

Or

A gelding is a castrated horse or other equine such as a donkey or a mule. Castration, and the elimination of hormonally driven behavior associated with a stallion, allows a male horse to be calmer and better-behaved, making the animal quieter, gentler and potentially more suitable as an everyday working animal.

Better to be a sugar daddy and have fun rather than an everyday working animal who has lost his Cohones

Or (from her side)

Because you are under 50, the only reason you are in this country long term is because of me....................

(not a prevalent arguement for all, but for enough to be worried about)...................thumbsup.gif

I do not know if this guy has not been to Germany since 70 years. It has been changed and having visited more than 80 countries worldwise I have to say Germany is in the top of liberal countries. And I cannot say Thailand is like prison offices land neither. Guys like him conclude of one single case to all others because their immagination is not big enough to think it can be different elsewhere. It is the matter of whom you choose as your spouse and not about the country where you live, fool!

All very well but do bear in mind that she's probably thinking, "You put me up in your home and give me a monthly allowance and, in return, I'll endure your inept sexual administrations and fake orgasms while not telling you about giving most of my stipend to Somchai, the young, fit and virile motorbike taxi rider I see once a week behind your fat back."

Yeah . . . you da man laugh.png

All very well but do bear in mind that she's probably thinking, "You put me up in your home and give me a monthly allowance and, in return, I'll endure your inept sexual administrations and fake orgasms while not telling you about giving most of my stipend to Somchai, the young, fit and virile motorbike taxi rider I see once a week behind your fat back."

Does that really matter, i mean he pays for her she does not have to enjoy just endure.. and she can spend her money on other guys its quite normal of course. I knew of a girl who had a few sugar daddies for the money and real bf for her pleasure. She said it was all about making them feel special and acting like they were good in bed. That is why you cant trust a girl when you pay the bill that your really good.. at least people with half a brain.

If i were to pay for a girl i would not feel goods when she compliments me as it is just polite to a mark / client.

Does that really matter, i mean he pays for her she does not have to enjoy just endure.. and she can spend her money on other guys its quite normal of course. I knew of a girl who had a few sugar daddies for the money and real bf for her pleasure. She said it was all about making them feel special and acting like they were good in bed. That is why you cant trust a girl when you pay the bill that your really good.. at least people with half a brain.

If i were to pay for a girl i would not feel goods when she compliments me as it is just polite to a mark / client.

If one is talking about a simple, straight-forward, short-term liaison, you're perfectly right.

What I described applies to a proper, full-on, live-in girlfriend.

There's a big difference when taken in the context of this thread which questions how men can allow themselves to be bossed around by their Thai wives and/or girlfriends

Or

It's difficult to conceive of a life style theory that could be more crass. I really on't know whether to laugh or cry at such a blinkered and limited concept.....or facile analogy. Looks like he wasn't sure what a gelding was either. Might want to check how to spell "cohones" properly too......

as for the pseudonym.....does the "n" still not always work on your key board?

Edited by wilcopops

While i doubt my girlfriend sees me as some kind of prize, she would never attempt to tell me whether i could go for some beers or not. These things have to be explained early doors, maybe some blokes fear the wrath of the dreaded Thai lady. I say get yourself down the pub and let her deal with it.

Right on, way to think. Never let them get on top or you will always be on the bottom.

Farangs hand over their balls to their Thai wife at precisely the same moment her name is stamped on the title to the house.

My wife has three houses in her name, all paid for by me.

I guess I just have more balls than you.

I think you mean she has ,don't you?

Farangs hand over their balls to their Thai wife at precisely the same moment her name is stamped on the title to the house.

My wife has three houses in her name, all paid for by me.

I guess I just have more balls than you.

You had them you handed them over biggrin.png

But i think its a fair assessment once they got the house and other stuff they don't really need the guys anymore and can take charge as the guy often has invested too much to walk away. This is of course only the case where it was about money in the first place (not many will admit as it is a double shame). In good relationships the problem is less. But in fact you are handing over a large part of a possession and control, that could potentially be real bad.

If you really want to give her a house let her buy it put a mortgage on it and pay for the mortgage every month that way at least you haven't handed it over all at once.

But like i said before its more of a risk there where it was about money in the first place.. big age difference looker high sin sod... those can be signs. In other cases its is still risky to buy a house but could have its advantages.

Or

It's difficult to conceive of a life style theory that could be more crass. I really on't know whether to laugh or cry at such a blinkered and limited concept.....or facile analogy. Looks like he wasn't sure what a gelding was either. Might want to check how to spell "cohones" properly too......

as for the pseudonym.....does the "n" still not always work on your key board?

Call it crass, limited concept, blinkered, facile analogy or a lack of spelling skills, your choice. Put everything on a scale and I suspect 9 times out of 10, the guy is toting the financial load with the chick living a better life than she had before she met him. Anyone who is paying for pretty much everything because his partner, for whatever reason, is unable to take care of him/herself is the boss and makes the rules.

Some say that she is putting up with him because of the money, which is fine, but that makes her a rental. If you have a rental and it is not performing up to standard, you change it. Of course a relationship should be about each person doing whatever they can to support each other but many times it looks like the guy with the money is getting the short end of the stick.

As far as the "n" not working, I don't get what you are referring to. Finally, being punctilious with regards to speling mistakes is never a good look. Have a nice day.

I do not know if this guy has not been to Germany since 70 years. It has been changed and having visited more than 80 countries worldwise I have to say Germany is in the top of liberal countries. And I cannot say Thailand is like prison offices land neither. Guys like him conclude of one single case to all others because their immagination is not big enough to think it can be different elsewhere. It is the matter of whom you choose as your spouse and not about the country where you live, fool!

I lived in Germany for 5 years.

Next?

I could have built the house i wanted and where i wanted from the start, the reason i didn't was due to the fact that family is a large side of Thai culture and i respect that, the youngest daughter will never move far away from my wife’s family in my opinion but i may be wrong, the eldest daughter will definitely not stay in the village, when they both reach the age where the house can be put into their name then yes it is then their choice to sell the house and fund their own projects or keep the house, if this was to cause problems 1 wants to sell the other doesn't then we will have to look at that situation as and when

it arises The eldest speaks excellent English but the youngest virtually none i have helped both to learn English but the youngest just doesn't want to learn

and i will not force the issue.

The house i will build for myself will be away from the family and nearer the city, i am currently and for the next few years living in the village location which does sometimes get very difficult, daily interaction with Thai society is fine, but as an expat interaction with an expat community is just as important, i leave the village regularly and visit expat areas and not for sex as i have never been unfaithful just for the conversational value.

@Keith

The children have no future in a rural village, apart from being subsistence farmers.

Best to build a house where you want to live and the children have the chance of an education and a modern future.

Don't ask children what they want, they don't know because they are children and naturally fear the unknown.

@Amykat

The value is in the land, it doesn't matter what the condition of the existing house will be in 30 years.

Somewhere for the children to live without overheads is a big advantage in a country without property tax.

Earning enough to feed yourself is never a problem for Thai nationals.

As a grown adult i don't often find the need to ask advice on house building location from 10 and 14yr old children although i understand what you mean.

Tthe decision was mine based on my experience, the older child has an excellent education and is top of her class in all subjects, the topic of further education for her has already been discussed and is in the planning stages and will require a move, the youngest also attended the same school but with lesser results after lengthy discussions with her teachers and some medical tests it was decided that she has some learning difficulties that have never been picked up, this is the reason for not pushing the education or learning English issues with her, i help her every day to try and at least give her an education the will eventually avoid her being ridiculed but it is difficult.

Weather she has a future in the village is yet to be seen, at the moment she is happy and has many friends there and that is good enough for me.

As for the house well we will wait and see as i said when they are old enough they can make the decisions for themselves as by then they will no longer be children.

I think there is a difference between being 'allowed' to stay out for that extra beer or two and just staying out and not informing her indoors

If I was staying out later than I said by a reasonable time I'd let someone who was waiting for me know, especially if dinner is getting done, stuff like that

I don't consider it being a 'man' to go out and not tell someone when I am coming back but no one tells me how many beers to have for the sake of it ... last one, we have to wake up early. last one, we'll never get a cab ... put a reason on it and then I will reply in agreement or 'don't worry about it'

@Keith

The children have no future in a rural village, apart from being subsistence farmers.

Best to build a house where you want to live and the children have the chance of an education and a modern future.

Don't ask children what they want, they don't know because they are children and naturally fear the unknown.

@Amykat

The value is in the land, it doesn't matter what the condition of the existing house will be in 30 years.

Somewhere for the children to live without overheads is a big advantage in a country without property tax.

I understand that the house/land can be of SOME value, to someone in the family, later. However, this is probably a pretty poor investment choice (for the reasons you listed above) and paying for a house which nobody needs, in order to get the land value, means you would be grossly overpaying for land (especially in a rural area where the land isn't worth much).

I think the best reason so many ladies like this plan, is obviously, because for 1) the house/land is free for them, so they don't really care if you spent 2-3 million baht and they wind up with something much smaller out of it. 2) It is much harder for them to ask for 2-3 million in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, bank accounts, whatever, that is only in their name, their control, not shared in a divorce, etc. But that would probably be the best investment over 30 years, and give the "kids" plenty more options in life, than if life gets rough, they can go live for free in a little village with no jobs and nothing to do, and nobody wants to buy/rent their house, etc.

Being "in the village with the family" seems to be a good manipuation point that sells well with farangs who are supporting them. As Keith has pointed out, he doesn't like living there, as many farangs would not, he doesn't see more than one of his kids ever living there later ...he will move later too ..so what happens to the family now? Wife stays in the village, or goes with him (and now gets two houses either way), one daughter goes somewhere to be determined. This nuclear famiy might be spread out in 3-4 locations, when they could have just moved to a bigger city in the first place, and maybe all have a good life there.

Also considering the fact that it seems most ladies had to leave the village to make their way in life, why do they think it will be good for their kids later? Or they don't, but they don't care ...just focused on getting that house/land as soon as possible?

• Like 1

All very valid points.

If you do too much for your kids you'll end up making them social cripples.

Love them, feed them, clothe them and raise them. Then throw them out.

They'll find their own way.....why people deny their kids the opportunity to learn for themselves is beyond me.

It's rank rotten parenting.

• Like 1

Some of the neanderthal views on love and marriage (and the old drug alcohol) expressed on this thread are a facinating insight into why these expats/expets have to live in somewhere like Thailand....a society that is still plagued with superstitions, inequality and chauvinism....they woiuldn't survive a minute in a developed society. Some especially seem to think that their right to alcohol is more important than a balanced relationship with their life partner....

Edited by wilcopops

Some of the neanderthal views on love and marriage (and the old drug alcohol) expressed on this thread are a facinating insight into why these expats/expets have to live in somewhere like Thailand....a society that is still plagued with superstitions, inequality and chauvinism....they woiuldn't survive a minute in a developed society. Some especially seem to think that their right to alcohol is more important than a balanced relationship with their life partner....

Yerdednthair, man. Whensumdyelsetellsyewhityecan; orcannae drink yemightaswell be a .... Hudoanaminute...

Nice one, Imam.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Yerdednthair, man. Whensumdyelsetellsyewhityecan; orcannae drink yemightaswell be a .... Hudoanaminute...

Nice one, Imam.

SC

QED

Dominant
Wives

When
everybody on earth was dead and waiting to enter Paradise, God appeared and
said, "I want the men to make two lines. One line for the men who were
true heads of their household, and the other line for the men who were
dominated by their women. I want all the women to report to St. Peter."

Soon,
the women were gone, and there were two lines of men.

The
line of the men who were dominated by their wives was 100 miles long, and in
the line of men who truly were heads of their household, there was only one
man.

God
said, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves, I created you to be the
head of your household! You have been disobedient and have not fulfilled your
purpose! Of all of you, only one obeyed. Learn from him."

God
turned to the one man, "How did you manage to be the only one in this
line?"

The
man replied, "My wife told me to stand here.

• Like 2

@Keith

@Amykat

I understand that the house/land can be of SOME value, to someone in the family, later. However, this is probably a pretty poor investment choice (for the reasons you listed above) and paying for a house which nobody needs, in order to get the land value, means you would be grossly overpaying for land (especially in a rural area where the land isn't worth much).

I think the best reason so many ladies like this plan, is obviously, because for 1) the house/land is free for them, so they don't really care if you spent 2-3 million baht and they wind up with something much smaller out of it. 2) It is much harder for them to ask for 2-3 million in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, bank accounts, whatever, that is only in their name, their control, not shared in a divorce, etc. But that would probably be the best investment over 30 years, and give the "kids" plenty more options in life, than if life gets rough, they can go live for free in a little village with no jobs and nothing to do, and nobody wants to buy/rent their house, etc.

Being "in the village with the family" seems to be a good manipuation point that sells well with farangs who are supporting them. As Keith has pointed out, he doesn't like living there, as many farangs would not, he doesn't see more than one of his kids ever living there later ...he will move later too ..so what happens to the family now? Wife stays in the village, or goes with him (and now gets two houses either way), one daughter goes somewhere to be determined. This nuclear famiy might be spread out in 3-4 locations, when they could have just moved to a bigger city in the first place, and maybe all have a good life there.

Also considering the fact that it seems most ladies had to leave the village to make their way in life, why do they think it will be good for their kids later? Or they don't, but they don't care ...just focused on getting that house/land as soon as possible?

Land in Mae Rim was selling for 30k/rai ten years ago, it now sells for 500k.

Farm land in rural Thailand was 3k/rai ten years ago, it now sells for 50K.

I'm not sure many investments have made that kind of profit over the last ten years, and you had somewhere to live as well.

I would never advise any foreigner to buy land (for someone else) or live in a rural Thai location.

It just isn't suitable environment for most foreigners, and not a suitable location for anyone's children.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Yes, well many investments over THIS last 10 year period, may not have done as well as your land prices.

First of all, I wouldn't consider Mae Rim, as any kind of rural location or village. I think you know why so I won't bother to list the reasons.

However, in both the the areas you mentioned, they might have been a good investment, if you ONLY bought the land. But if you paid 2 million for a house and only 3K, or 5K, or even 50K for the land, well how could you have made money ...I am just guessing that the average person is not buying more than a rai for a house. So you spent 2 million, plus whatever for land, you are still not ahead, even though the land increased in value by 10 times.

I doubt many farangs with Thai wives, are buyiing 100 rai of farmland, and putting a house on it ...I think they are buying just a lot, and a house, which means several decades with good growth, before they can usually, re-coup the money. And actually, if a perosn just buys a "lot" for a house, that isn't considered farmland, so maybe their land didn't go up according to your numbers. Maybe, only actual "farmland" went up, which would mean some rather larger tracts of land.

Right? 1 rai, 2 rai, even 5 rai, is that considered farmland, in some village?? I am not sure, I know nothing about farming, but I think people usually need large areas of land.

"I would never advise any foreigner to buy land (for someone else) or live in a rural Thai location.

It just isn't suitable environment for most foreigners, and not a suitable location for anyone's children."

So nobody lives there?????

IMHO, any man that let's his Thai wife control him defeats one of the reasons for marrying a Thai lady. The husband should be in the drivers seat.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app